Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Why doesn't he just delay the stream? Like, that seems like common sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sturgeon general
Jun 27, 2005

Smells like sushi.

MinistryofLard posted:

Why doesn't he just delay the stream? Like, that seems like common sense.

Common sense is asking a lot out of streamers when they're insulated by their hugbox followers/mods.

We found one of the same guys from Zelmarked's vids playing BF4 last night but his game crashed and he stopped playing early. I'll try to get him sometime in the near future, but here's the original vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vacw22BdJ8

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

erotic dad posted:

Common sense is asking a lot out of streamers when they're insulated by their hugbox followers/mods.

We found one of the same guys from Zelmarked's vids playing BF4 last night but his game crashed and he stopped playing early. I'll try to get him sometime in the near future, but here's the original vid:

Oh god, BigBongRip. Definitely looking forward to that one.

Also, if you went after EatMyDiction or whatever that guy's name was whom Panemon was trolling under several different fitting names (Buffet_Police and Weight_Watchers comes to mind) then you will have attained greatness :allears:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

What a cock. Why the hell would anyone watch this guy's stream? All he does is yell obscenities and talk about how great he is.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

erotic dad posted:

I liked the bit where he started calling you a fat loving piece of lard :ironicat:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Splicer posted:

I liked the bit where he started calling you a fat loving piece of lard :ironicat:

erotic dad isn't Zelmarked.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"griefing" in cod is like hitting sand after falling off a camel

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Systemic Flaw posted:

"griefing" in cod is like hitting sand after falling off a camel

Good thing he's not playing CoD then!

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
These are loving amazing.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Chomp8645 posted:

What a cock. Why the hell would anyone watch this guy's stream? All he does is yell obscenities and talk about how great he is.

The next time I'm tempted to think that League of Legends has the worst community ever, I'm going to remind myself of this video and this guy.

v Exactly. We may be swimming in different lakes but they're all being fed by the same sewer, it seems.

Che Delilas fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Dec 5, 2013

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Che Delilas posted:

The next time I'm tempted to think that League of Legends has the worst community ever, I'm going to remind myself of this video and this guy.

Just remind yourself that people are getting donations for doing this in most if not every community.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Lady Naga posted:

erotic dad isn't Zelmarked.
I somehow missed reading that it was the original Zelmarked video. Well I still liked that bit :colbert:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Maybe they could just end on the day the stock market crashes. Sorry if I spoiled that for anyone.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Lunethex posted:

Just remind yourself that people are getting donations for doing this in most if not every community.

This. This is what makes no sense. But then again, a fool and their money are quickly departed.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Why is using a MAV automatically cheap or unfair, exactly? You can still find and kill the guy flying it, no?

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
I never understood why they need to beg for donations?

Is ad money not good enough?

SNAKEZONE
Jul 2, 2003

But what if I don't want to ride the snake?

Kaizoku posted:

Why is using a MAV automatically cheap or unfair, exactly? You can still find and kill the guy flying it, no?

Absolutely nothing; it's just that the type of person showcased in these videos defines "unfair" as "anything that kills me"

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

jerichojx posted:

The ad money isn't enough to live on unless you're really huge. So if you want to make a living entirely through being a poo poo lord who calls people faggots in an FPS instead of working a job, you need donations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'll see if I can dig up some Age of Wushu livestream griefs, including "How the gently caress do these goons keep finding our secret carriage route?!" and causing a guy to get thrown in virtual chinese prison at the start of his 5 hour livestream session, which he continues to broadcast.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

SynthOrange posted:

I'll see if I can dig up some Age of Wushu livestream griefs, including "How the gently caress do these goons keep finding our secret carriage route?!" and causing a guy to get thrown in virtual chinese prison at the start of his 5 hour livestream session, which he continues to broadcast.

Griefing your viewers after being griefed; the gift just keeps on giving.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

SynthOrange posted:

That is amazing, and a clever streamer could have turned that into an amazing and unique experience for their viewers. Maybe give a short tour of the cell, play the blues harmonica for a while, give a short tour of the cell, do a Q&A session, give a short tour of the cell, etc. Some of the funniest LPs are when things have gone wrong and the presenter just has to roll with it.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Kaizoku posted:

It is specifically killing people for refusing to participate in combat. They hang out on rooftops and hillsides, far away from combat, to kill people with little danger from being killed back.

And then they're getting repeatedly destroyed by a little robot that is controlled by a person they can't reach from their sniper spot :getin:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

death .cab for qt posted:

It is specifically killing people for refusing to participate in combat. They hang out on rooftops and hillsides, far away from combat, to kill people with little danger from being killed back.

And then they're getting repeatedly destroyed by a little robot that is controlled by a person they can't reach from their sniper spot :getin:

So you are personifying Baron Von Blubba, the skeleton ghost from Bubble Bobble? That sounds pretty awesome.

Ninja edit: or the killer bees from 720

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Kaizoku posted:

So you are personifying Baron Von Blubba, the skeleton ghost from Bubble Bobble? That sounds pretty awesome.

Don't mention those - I still have nightmares about them.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Kaizoku posted:

Exactly. These people will have a 1:1 KDR because they killed one person by a lucky shot and got killed when a dude landed a helicopter on them.

They also stagnate the team, make the game more one-sided, and develop egos about it. So, kill them. Always.

gently caress wookies.

sturgeon general
Jun 27, 2005

Smells like sushi.

Lunethex posted:

Oh god, BigBongRip. Definitely looking forward to that one.

Also, if you went after EatMyDiction or whatever that guy's name was whom Panemon was trolling under several different fitting names (Buffet_Police and Weight_Watchers comes to mind) then you will have attained greatness :allears:

We managed to join against EatMyDiction but it was hard to get UAV kills since he was on full 64 player conquest running blindly into danger and dying nonstop to other players. He did scream and whine a lot, and he's one of those Youtube superstars that plagues Recommended Videos so he's definitely a worthy target.

Streaming video games as your primary income is hardly a good idea since it's very clearly a passing fad. Youtube and Twitch are absolutely saturated with wannabe game commentators panhandling to buy s1ck gaming components instead of something more meaningful. Streaming or LPing video games should always be a side hobby, not your entire life. You could honestly make more by pulling yourself up by your bootstraps, going to community college or something, and refining your interpersonal skills to land a semi decent job.

That paragraph mostly applies to my next video, hopefully I'll post it later today.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

But their streaming is proof that they don't have any interpersonal skills.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

That is amazing, and a clever streamer could have turned that into an amazing and unique experience for their viewers. Maybe give a short tour of the cell, play the blues harmonica for a while, give a short tour of the cell, do a Q&A session, give a short tour of the cell, etc. Some of the funniest LPs are when things have gone wrong and the presenter just has to roll with it.
Yes, but a clever streamer wouldn't be the target of griefing like this.

Does anyone have any tales where the person being griefed rolled with it?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

jerichojx posted:

Having to beg for people to donate, that I can understand. People actually donating? What's all that about

You're literally watching someone sit around playing games for their own entertainment. Are most streamers massively charismatic or something? Hell even that BongRip guy has some donations scrolling across his screen, and he's just messing around and whining at the camera. This is a thing that people can literally make a living with, however fleeting?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

baka kaba posted:

Having to beg for people to donate, that I can understand. People actually donating? What's all that about

You're literally watching someone sit around playing games for their own entertainment. Are most streamers massively charismatic or something? Hell even that BongRip guy has some donations scrolling across his screen, and he's just messing around and whining at the camera. This is a thing that people can literally make a living with, however fleeting?

I imagine very few people make a living by just streaming, and I'm sure it isn't a lucrative one. BongRip dude probably has a job.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Jeffrey posted:

I imagine very few people make a living by just streaming, and I'm sure it isn't a lucrative one. BongRip dude probably has a job.

And a lucrative one at that, judging by his fancy mirrored closet door!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Zemyla posted:

Well, there's always this classic (especially in the later parts where he finally starts wising up to the other guy).

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Zemyla posted:

Half of Coach Topher's knife griefing in Gungame videos have at least one person who realizes what he's doing and develop a hilarious sort of resignation about it. There's also hints in a couple videos that others occasionally join in.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!

Zemyla posted:

From the mav trolling videos, I always thought this guys took it very well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OisR15Yqpg0

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Regalingualius posted:

Well, there's always this classic (especially in the later parts where he finally starts wising up to the other guy).

That one is so good. He's such a good sport about it. I also love that I'm pretty sure the dude stalking and screaming at him is Chozo the Heavy from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfCiOzL7cYs, which makes it even better

sturgeon general
Jun 27, 2005

Smells like sushi.
I had lots of footage of this guy so it'll take a good while to edit them together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meuDOeRTfcc

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

literally a hog posted:

From the mav trolling videos, I always thought this guys took it very well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OisR15Yqpg0

I'm pretty sure this guy (one of Zelmarked's targets was for sure) actually helped him out a couple times in later videos.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

erotic dad posted:

I had lots of footage of this guy so it'll take a good while to edit them together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meuDOeRTfcc

"Good job troll go gently caress yourself"

:allears:

Is that a sign off, or did he go on? And if he went on, was he still griefed?

OH THE EXCITEMENT :v:

sturgeon general
Jun 27, 2005

Smells like sushi.
Oh he definitely went on. It gets even worse. There's lots of footage I have to sift through though.

We got one other streamer that night as well, he was playing w/ a group of ex-Marines apparently so we changed our names accordingly:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Zemyla posted:

The sole purpose of griefing is to get a negative reaction from the other person so people who roll with it more than often don't make amazing stories.

A number of years ago on World of Warcraft my friend somehow managed to overhear the details for an in-game wedding, and we spent days organising how we were going to invade it and what the timing needed to be. We ended up with around 50-60 people including an Alliance rogue we knew and had asked to snoop for us and video-capture it, co-ordinating everything over voice chat so that as soon as the 'bride' got to the altar everyone would stream over the hill and just burn the roleplayers to the ground. It went off perfectly, we laughed and took screenshots of ourselves on their skeletons, and when the ally rogue told us they were regrouping at the capital city, we followed them there and did it again among the NPC guards.

The 'groom' later forwarded us a recording of their voice-chat and while they were kind of annoyed initially, they started laughing about it on the way to their second destination and when we showed up there they thought it was hilarious. If I remember correctly they even posted to the Blizzard forums thanking us for turning up.

• Locked thread