Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

homeless poster posted:

i know money is of relative worth to everyone based on their means, but i wish to someday be so fortunate that spending several hundred dollars on a match 3 phone game is a trivial expense. people lose their poo poo about AAA games on modern consoles costing upwards of $65 after sales tax; i can't imagine the same people are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on a phone game.

It's not trivial for me (but i personally refuse to spend) but it literally happened on most 4 stars in 2015 that were half decent within like 3 days of the event being finished.

I actually saw fully covered jeans and icemen before their events were actually through. The old price was like 8 4* covers for 100 bucks worth of HP right?

While i thought that was a horrible value i think it's been skewed worse, but we don't seem to be getting anywhere.

The games bad. lets just agree and keep playing DDQ.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Feb 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
My ten pack had three 4stars and two 3stars :3:
One of them was Starlord but still.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

enchilada today:

wave 1 is three symbiotes. make sure to kill the pink dog looking one first, as his passive deals team damage every time you match an enemy special tile.

wave 2 is mafia bruiser and two smoke ninjas. bring someone to stun so you can clear the ninjas without them dropping all their attack tiles.

wave 3 back to symbiotes. kill the dog first again (especially if the board has enemy special tiles on it by this point).

wave 4 you're home free. rags / beast / falcon. beast and rags can heal, but falcon can drag the match out with his shield tiles, and can power-up beast's blue tiles, so i'd down him first.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Doorselfin posted:

Is there a strategy people can recommend that will prepare me to be able to take on the Big Enchilada regularly? I just champed OBW/2* Thor/Ms. Marvel to ~100 and I want to move up in the world without too much wastage.

(2* or 3*) Thor/OBW/2* Storm still works for me, although when I know the first stage is ninjas I typically add 2 all-AP boosts as well.

The strategy is on mook waves use OBW's blue to delay countdowns to build up AP through matches, which should hopefully let you build up blue to stun hero waves with Storm's blue. Once you get enough AP you can use Thor's yellow to generate green for Storm's green power, use Thor's red to add back yellow tiles, then trigger Storm's green. Storm's green is also good to clear enemy special tiles if you're lucky.

A key thing for this team is to make sure you use a power to down the last enemy of a wave if the next wave has a hero so that it stays your turn, since OBW and Storm are flimsy and could get downed if a single enemy uses a power.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Is it worth dropping a purple Elektra to roster a purple Miles? Neither of them is going to be really usable for months yet but I figure I'd have much more chance at Miles' 4* challenge than Elektra's.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh wow, people weren't kidding about IM40 and Super Steve. It's shields flying all round the place.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

McDragon posted:

Oh wow, people weren't kidding about IM40 and Super Steve. It's shields flying all round the place.

Yeah, it's pretty nuts. I've been teaming them up with Kamala Khan as IM40 produces 9 green and 3 pink if all the tiles go off as well as fueling Super Steve. Because of all the shields flying about you are burst healing a lot and you get the odd Kamala AOE too.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Julio Cruz posted:

Is it worth dropping a purple Elektra to roster a purple Miles? Neither of them is going to be really usable for months yet but I figure I'd have much more chance at Miles' 4* challenge than Elektra's.

yeah, elektra is bottom tier 4*. miles isn't on the same level as HB / iceman / jean, but he's a fair sight better than elektra

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Friendly Fire posted:

Yeah, it's pretty nuts. I've been teaming them up with Kamala Khan as IM40 produces 9 green and 3 pink if all the tiles go off as well as fueling Super Steve. Because of all the shields flying about you are burst healing a lot and you get the odd Kamala AOE too.

Ha, was just coming back in to say I just added Kamala and I think I have a new favourite team.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

McDragon posted:

Hmmmmm IM40/Steve/GSBW might be fun. I'll have to try that today.

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
I'm running IM40, 4* Thor, and Kamala in Shield simulator. I think I went 4 or 5 matches in a row where I didn't lose any life.

Running him with She Hulk is also fun. You get all the AP and the enemy team never has any!

Theres a lack of strong yellows in the 3* tier so IM40 has a solid spot in a lot of lineups.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Wet Biscuit McGlee posted:

I'm running IM40, 4* Thor, and Kamala in Shield simulator. I think I went 4 or 5 matches in a row where I didn't lose any life.

Running him with She Hulk is also fun. You get all the AP and the enemy team never has any!

Theres a lack of strong yellows in the 3* tier so IM40 has a solid spot in a lot of lineups.

Cyclops panther luke and thor aren't bad. But battery wise yeah its good comparitively.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

SectumSempra posted:

Cyclops panther luke and thor aren't bad. But battery wise yeah its good comparitively.

the nice thing about IM40 is his best ability is 5 yellow covers, and it doesn't scale with level, so even if you have 0/0/5 he's usable. arguably, he's better in that case because it's very unlikely he will tank any colors, so you can just fire his yellow with no risk

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
I must be a big dummy because I am kind of liking Quicksilver in this Hulk event. You can team him with magneto or 4* Thor and get some cheap damage with Green and Black.

I guess I will champion him because I'm sitting on a cover get about 1 usable 4* every 3 months, have no other outlet for ISO.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Quicksilver is pretty neat but was one of the last 3stars so a lot of people didn't bother leveling him, especially since Scarlet Witch was released next to him and is so much better. I like when he's required for pve but the pvps of quicksilver versus quicksilver are hell.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

21st Cherry boy posted:

Quicksilver is pretty neat but was one of the last 3stars so a lot of people didn't bother leveling him, especially since Scarlet Witch was released next to him and is so much better. I like when he's required for pve but the pvps of quicksilver versus quicksilver are hell.

He pairs up real well with Invisible Woman because her node locks count for him. This Hulk event has been fun with that.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

homeless poster posted:

enchilada today:

wave 1 is three symbiotes. make sure to kill the pink dog looking one first, as his passive deals team damage every time you match an enemy special tile.

wave 2 is mafia bruiser and two smoke ninjas. bring someone to stun so you can clear the ninjas without them dropping all their attack tiles.

wave 3 back to symbiotes. kill the dog first again (especially if the board has enemy special tiles on it by this point).

wave 4 you're home free. rags / beast / falcon. beast and rags can heal, but falcon can drag the match out with his shield tiles, and can power-up beast's blue tiles, so i'd down him first.

You are a god among men. Thank you so much for this it helped me quite a bit. I probably would have bashed my head in on it.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Wet Biscuit McGlee posted:

I must be a big dummy because I am kind of liking Quicksilver in this Hulk event. You can team him with magneto or 4* Thor and get some cheap damage with Green and Black.

I guess I will champion him because I'm sitting on a cover get about 1 usable 4* every 3 months, have no other outlet for ISO.

I have him championed and the cheap green attack is the best part. Usually you can lock enough titles to get the cost down to 5 and nearly 3000 damage per blast is good way to take out troublesome enemies. I bet he would pair good with green batteries like The Hulk, Kamala or 3* Thor.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

MarcusSA posted:

You are a god among men. Thank you so much for this it helped me quite a bit. I probably would have bashed my head in on it.

i think there's about nine 3* heroes i don't have recruited, so on those days (like today with sentry) i don't see the whole enchilada, but on days where i have the team i am happy to share.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Wave 1: Konran, Shinobi, Scarlet Witch
Wave 2: Don, Muscle, Defender
Wave 3: 3 Teisatsu*
Wave 4: Doom, Fury, Deadpool

*Translator note: Teisatsu means plan

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Feb 23, 2016

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

*Translator note: Teisatsu means plan

that's actually a good meta-joke

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

enchilada today:

wave 1 - 2x ultron bots and 2* ms. marvel
wave 2 - shinobi and kisu and invisible woman
wave 3 - 2x ultron bots and grenadier
wave 4 - sentry and lady thor and black panther

wave 1 and 3 have a sentry gunner bot that you probably want to kill first, but otherwise not an especially tricky node today

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Tried the new 3* IM, 3* Thor, and KK for PVP and blew through the waves in no time.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Old Man Logan, Luke Cage & Iron Fist mesh extremely well in the Hulk PVE. You save all the yellow and blacks for OML who's tanking and use Iron Fist sparingly. If you're lucky, you can hit two fists for 2000 each or lay some strike tiles with Fang Strike, pop Living Legend that turns into a yellow 'hurt the entire enemy team' and quickly demolish whoever's left. Luke Cage's defense tile protects OML enough where his heal should outweigh any damage and, even if you take a couple of enemy powers, you should be able put Iron Fist/Luke Cage into the line of fire long enough for OML to partially heal up.

Makes me wish I could get a red OML cover. I'd take that team into PVP for maximum annoyance.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

enchilada today:

wave 1 - kingpin and sniper and grenadier
wave 2 - scarlet witch and shinobi and konran
wave 3 - invisible woman and shinobi and kisu
wave 4 - invisible woman (again?) and beast and mohawk storm

pretty lame. kill the hero on each wave first, mop up the mooks.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it really strange when the game re-runs old character-specific story events and then that character isn't part of the powered-up roster? It was like that with the Hulk event that just ended, and now it's the same deal with Rocket & Groot today.

Not a big deal or anything, just strikes me as really odd.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

CidGregor posted:

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it really strange when the game re-runs old character-specific story events and then that character isn't part of the powered-up roster? It was like that with the Hulk event that just ended, and now it's the same deal with Rocket & Groot today.

Not a big deal or anything, just strikes me as really odd.

it's definitely silly, but considering that they rarely make new content for new heroes, I don't really know how else they would do it. if they kept having the featured characters as the story characters, you'd basically end up with a sub-meta of heroes you only keep because they're story critical, even if you don't otherwise want or use them. it'd make more sense if the story events weren't all character specific, but I doubt the go back and re-write all that poo poo now.

what's weirder to me is that, at least in story mode, you can mix heroes and villains on a team, or use heroes during the pro-villain missions, or vice versa. even better, it'll shortly be possible to use green goblin to oppose harry osborne directly, which is thematic given the comic source material, but kind of nonsensical in the context of this game.

edit: or letting iconic foes be on the same team. sure, spider-man would definitely team-up with green goblin / carnage.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I literally can't beat the Juggernaut in this dumb event because he scales so ridiculously. Also he's higher level than all of my scaled up characters because ???

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

rabidsquid posted:

I literally can't beat the Juggernaut in this dumb event because he scales so ridiculously. Also he's higher level than all of my scaled up characters because ???

yeah juggernaut is the worst. he has mammoth HP and both his abilities fire on 6 AP. his headbutt deals monster damage and can sometimes two-shot another character. that's the trade-off for being able to use him to solo the first node in every dpd.

you have to either deny him red & green AP or take some AP boosts into battle with a hero with a stun and try to get the stun off quick.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Scored 72000 points, missed the top 200 by three positions and 2105 points. gently caress.

- edit With the new tournament, it seems like the sweet spot team is Ant Man/Doctor Doom/Rocket & Groot nevermind on that one. They can't nuke The Hood quick enough to get some tiles on the table. And I can't figure out a team that can beat the The Hood/Bullseye/Muscle node. They get too much of everything, too quickly.

- edit 2 I was finally able to get Rocket & Groot/Juggernaut/Ant Man to beat them. Juggernaut kill The Hood, R&G to tank, and Ant Man to turn the defense/attack tiles against them.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Feb 26, 2016

Doorselfin
Dec 18, 2004

You broke my sitar, motherfucker.
Thanks to everyone who gave me 2* Big Enchilada tips a few pages back, have been able to beat the last two without any headaches (but they probably just made that poo poo easier right)

Guaranteed 3* covers is such a weird feeling.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Call Me Charlie posted:

Scored 72000 points, missed the top 200 by three positions and 2105 points. gently caress.

Finished #11 on Hulk by 100 points because this loving game doesn't count your score if you finish a node 1 minute after time limit and Bullseye is a god damned son of a bitch who makes things take way too long.

Edit: Guess I can't complain too much. This event gave me a Legendary Token, Nick Fury, Mystique, and Quicksilver just from the vault. Plus the Champion Points nabbed me Kingpin and Nova.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 26, 2016

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

enchilada today:

wave 1 - 2x hitman and a thug
wave 2 - kingpin and pyro and sniper
wave 3 - 3x symbiotes! kill the pink dog first
wave 4 - rags and beast and falcon

i'm starting to think any wave without ultron bots is back to being super easy

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

lol the first node on dpd today has ghost rider black as the team-up power. I guess the devs are really tired of people using just juggernaut to clear that node every day

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

homeless poster posted:

lol the first node on dpd today has ghost rider black as the team-up power. I guess the devs are really tired of people using just juggernaut to clear that node every day

Pretty sure Juggs has more HP than the two dudes and Magneto combined, though.

Also first token for new vault is 4 star Cyclops. A good few days for them.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Bone Rangers has a spot if somebody needs an alliance.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Pretty sure Juggs has more HP than the two dudes and Magneto combined, though.

Also first token for new vault is 4 star Cyclops. A good few days for them.

he does, but if you're using headbutt you're also dealing self damage. it didn't kill me when it fired because the AI used it way early in the match (I think before I ko-ed anyone) but there's the potential it could end your attempt if you're only using juggs and the AI saves it for the end of the match.

it seems like all of the dpd nodes have 4* heroes as team-ups much more often now. makes some of the matches kind of dicey out of nowhere

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
The AI seems to prioritise collecting Team Up AP until it has fired it's Team Up power. In the case of powers that are really nasty late game(like Ghost Riders), it can be worth trying to play the board to feed them TU AP to get rid of it early.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I came back afresh. Does pizza dog still live?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008
Speaking of Pizza Dogs, I haven't been on for a couple days (my name there might be Dr_Ooze) because my old phone bit it and I haven't had the willpower to force myself through the tutorial for the 3rd time until I get my new phone up and running. I will, however, be back to give everyone those 10 sweet ISO per day soon.