Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, both grav well and tyken's rift are still broken as gently caress for anything that boosts exotic damage and such due to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

kafziel posted:

Last I checked, the consoles that boost AP energy weapons and the consoles that boost AP projectiles are different and do not buff the other.

edit: unless i'm an idiot and am thinking of plasma.

There was an AP torpedo from one of the events that is supposed to be boosted by energy weapon consoles, but I never looked at the numbers myself.

I do use it on my Icarus DBB build. Because I like to watch pretty murder balls explode.

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

[05/28/2016 12:40:42 AM] Pulse: don't stir up my
personal drama, please

Santa Claus has visited Risa, and proclaimed all members of SFD/NOP to be on his Nice List (the things people do for Klondike Bars...)

Hal@hoota23 however seems to have made the "naughty" list. His coal will be harsh...

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Burning_Monk posted:

There was an AP torpedo from one of the events that is supposed to be boosted by energy weapon consoles, but I never looked at the numbers myself.

I do use it on my Icarus DBB build. Because I like to watch pretty murder balls explode.

It's so pretty when you Torp Spread it. :allears:

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!

Rahhmi posted:

Santa Claus has visited Risa, and proclaimed all members of SFD/NOP to be on his Nice List (the things people do for Klondike Bars...)

Hal@hoota23 however seems to have made the "naughty" list. His coal will be harsh...

Hal is quickly becoming a new favorite pubbie. He has all the traits of the perfect STO pub: he takes everything you say 100% literally, he can barely type coherent phrases, loves using profanity to try and scare people off, and he tries to "fight back" with stupid logic that makes little sense.

Also, I had no idea Odin@guardian_dragon responded to my comment about his "girlfriend".

For those not in the know, Odin roleplays having a girlfriend. By which he will have entire conversations by himself, talking to "her" in local chat. He will put "her" responses in quotation marks or other roleplay-distinctive emotes to TOTALLY PROVE he's talking to another person. Also his girlfriend is an alien dragon. Who speaks Japanese. And is perfect. Oh and her "ship" is named the USS Kitsune. Because OF COURSE IT IS.

Nyxium and I discovered him on Risa a while ago. While we were riling him up, I went to google translate and got the phrase "he touched my breasts!" in phonetic Japanese, and typed it out in chat, pretending to complain to the invisible girlfriend. It took several minutes for him to respond, since his actual knowledge of the language is effectively zero. Still, the all-caps rage and "I DID NOT!!!" was totally worth it.

bubbles depo fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Dec 2, 2015

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Fake japanese weeaboos are hilarious in all forms they appear. STO is no exception. :allears:

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

[05/28/2016 12:40:42 AM] Pulse: don't stir up my
personal drama, please

bubbles depo posted:

Odin roleplays having a girlfriend. By which he will have entire conversations by himself, talking to "her" in local chat. He will put "her" responses in quotation marks or other roleplay-distinctive emotes to TOTALLY PROVE he's talking to another person.

This guy desperately needs to learn the art of multiboxing.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Look what's come to Tribble. Let's play a game of FE Reward or Lockbox unlock??

Also did another few runs on my Jupiter tonight and it's become apparent I suck at building for this thing. Help me out goons. How would you handle the boff layout?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Probably an FE reward, if it was lockbox we'd see a science and tac skill too. Also I get the feeling we won't get a repeat of lockbox skills anytime soon, especially after Borticus hosed up the kemocite drop rate. If I were optimistic I'd say that they were smart enough not to put fundamental skills in cash shop boxes again, but this is Cryptic so who the gently caress knows.

Not that it looks exciting, but hey rank 1 is finally something to shove in a spare ensign engineering slot. Can only hope the SFX is as seizure-inducing as destabilizing resonance beam.

Also on tribble: the breen dreadnought can use the plesh brek frigate pets too, so even if it doesn't get its own set that's still nice.

As for the Jupiter...you shouldn't use my advice for anything since I was mostly just loving around the last time I used it, but I had it as...

TT1/APB1
FAW1/FAW2
EPTW1/A2Damp1/OSS3
HE1/TSS2/TBR2/GW3
ST1/PHull2

This was with AHOD and Peak Efficiency (the Vonph trait) so every skill listed there is at the global cooldown in practice (I used one of each TT/AP conn officers to get TT/APB there), but you could probably swap in reciprocity and use the emergency power doffs to try and chain EPTW. It's a bit short on hull heals, but I'm an engineer so I don't give a gently caress and also all the damage resistance from HE, TSS, polarize hull, and the free resists from the Aux2Damp doff almost nothing was getting through the thing's massive shield anyway so hazard emitters was usually enough to stay topped off. There's probably more effective builds, but eh it was fun to gently caress around in the terran battlezone with. :geno:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Wait what if I combo Grav Well 3, Ionic Turbulence and EMP Probe? Jesus gently caress.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Fly a Scryer instead? :v:

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone had any success doing the Dyson destroyers with +proton consoles? There aren't any Rom battlcruisers that take my fancy.

DataDyne
Oct 6, 2005

Happy as a birb can be.

Second Sun posted:

Anyone had any success doing the Dyson destroyers with +proton consoles? There aren't any Rom battlcruisers that take my fancy.

I used a T5-u token on the proton destabilizer version of the dyson romulan destroyers and it's basically a 3/3 sci ship with the proton cannons you can't upgrade. and you can only use sensor analysis when tactical mode isn't activated.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Asimo posted:

Probably an FE reward, if it was lockbox we'd see a science and tac skill too. Also I get the feeling we won't get a repeat of lockbox skills anytime soon, especially after Borticus hosed up the kemocite drop rate. If I were optimistic I'd say that they were smart enough not to put fundamental skills in cash shop boxes again, but this is Cryptic so who the gently caress knows.
Out of curiousity, what's the evidence that Bort screwed up the kemo drop rate, as opposed to just making it really rare to encourage people to open boxes (without thinking through the implications because this is cryptic).

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

SKY COQ posted:

It's a cold themed power so my money would be on winter event prize of some sort,

Second Sun posted:

If you don't already have the ship you should know that the Dyson ships were mediocre before DR and are basically poo poo now. The only good thing about them these days is their admiralty cards.

DataDyne posted:

I used a T5-u token on the proton destabilizer version of the dyson romulan destroyers and it's basically a 3/3 sci ship with the proton cannons you can't upgrade. and you can only use sensor analysis when tactical mode isn't activated.

Yeah it works best as Romulan science ship with a weird gimmick you ignore. If you are going to DHC it up you really want to ignore the +proton consoles and get the +cannon spire consoles instead. They'll boost the gimmick gun without compromising the DPS of your actual guns this will also let you rainbow it up if you're so inclined.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
started playing this, and its just slightly more fun than staring at a wall so im down with it. Klingok Glinkof@klapman

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

Hey, can I get access to the wiki? Username is Trauma

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

SKY COQ posted:

Also did another few runs on my Jupiter tonight and it's become apparent I suck at building for this thing. Help me out goons. How would you handle the boff layout?

Since last year they sold Endothemic grenade modules as items in the Winter Store my guess is you will be able to buy this ability there.

efb

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Breen ship stats. http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9680933

quote:

Tier: 6
Availability: Event Reputation
Required Rank: Rear Admiral / Brigadier General / Subadmiral
Hull Strength: 44,250 at level 40, 50,887 at level 50 and 59,000 at level 60
Shield Modifier: 1.15
Crew: 1800
Weapons: 4 Fore, 4 Aft
Device Slots: 4
Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Tactical, 1 Commander Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Commander Science, 1 Ensign Universal, 1 Lieutenant Commander Universal/Command
Console Modifications: 3 Tactical, 5 Engineering, 3 Science
Base Turn Rate: 7 degrees per second
Impulse Modifier: 0.15
Inertia: 30
+5 to All Power
Can load Dual Cannons
Hangar Bays: 1
Hangar Bays loaded with Breen Bleth Choas Fighters
Console - Universal - Power Discharge Capacitors
Cruiser Communications Array

Command - Attract Fire
Command - Weapon System Efficiency

Starship Ability Package (Dreadnought Cruiser)

Rapid Repairs (+Regen)
Enhanced Plating (+Damage Resistance - Energy and Radiation)
Devastating Weaponry (+Crit Chance)
Armored Hull (+Max Hull HP)
Enhanced Power Condensers(Starship Trait)
No mention of a polaron lance or anything like that, but otherwise it looks pretty alright. Generic but useful BOFF layout (the Lt.Com universal gives a lot of options, even if it'd be best off in tac 99% of the time) and pretty standard stuff across the board there, with the only real downside being three tac consoles. It's a bit less exciting than the prior breen ships since it isn't a noticeably unique offering of its type, and it's definitely no Sheshar, but the price is right.

Asimo fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Dec 2, 2015

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

meh. Beaten by that much.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Why does it always have to be command.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Because command is apparently the default for big, slow ships now, for Reasons.

Also because pubbies seem to loving love the poo poo out it for some god forsaken reason. I saw multiple people whining in game and on various forums that the Jupiter had an Intel seat instead of a Command seat for example. :geno:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Command powers are so lame for the most part, it is kinda annoying.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Asimo posted:

Because command is apparently the default for big, slow ships now, for Reasons.

Also because pubbies seem to loving love the poo poo out it for some god forsaken reason. I saw multiple people whining in game and on various forums that the Jupiter had an Intel seat instead of a Command seat for example. :geno:

I think pubbies like it because it doesn't seem to scale properly, which might make it better if you're terrible.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

bubbles depo posted:

Hal is quickly becoming a new favorite pubbie. He has all the traits of the perfect STO pub: he takes everything you say 100% literally, he can barely type coherent phrases, loves using profanity to try and scare people off, and he tries to "fight back" with stupid logic that makes little sense.

Also, I had no idea Odin@guardian_dragon responded to my comment about his "girlfriend".

For those not in the know, Odin roleplays having a girlfriend. By which he will have entire conversations by himself, talking to "her" in local chat. He will put "her" responses in quotation marks or other roleplay-distinctive emotes to TOTALLY PROVE he's talking to another person. Also his girlfriend is an alien dragon. Who speaks Japanese. And is perfect. Oh and her "ship" is named the USS Kitsune. Because OF COURSE IT IS.

Nyxium and I discovered him on Risa a while ago. While we were riling him up, I went to google translate and got the phrase "he touched my breasts!" in phonetic Japanese, and typed it out in chat, pretending to complain to the invisible girlfriend. It took several minutes for him to respond, since his actual knowledge of the language is effectively zero. Still, the all-caps rage and "I DID NOT!!!" was totally worth it.

The best pubbies come out when I'm away for a few days. I didn't even know this guy existed. Almost reminds me of that one pubbie on old Droz who would sit in sector space for hours RPing as his entire crew in local. He'd also flip out if anyone had their weapons out in social zones. He'd melt down in character and beam to the safety of his own ship.

This pub sounds about 100 times worse.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

DonDoodles posted:

The best pubbies come out when I'm away for a few days. I didn't even know this guy existed. Almost reminds me of that one pubbie on old Droz who would sit in sector space for hours RPing as his entire crew in local. He'd also flip out if anyone had their weapons out in social zones. He'd melt down in character and beam to the safety of his own ship.

This pub sounds about 100 times worse.

Wow if he had watched TOS he must have thought that captain kirk was the bravest man alive. "Those klingons have disruptors out! Oh no!"

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

wdarkk posted:

I think pubbies like it because it doesn't seem to scale properly, which might make it better if you're terrible.
This makes a worrying amount of sense. poo poo like bombing run or whatever it's called probably seems more exciting if you're doing 4k dps.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Asimo posted:

Fly a Scryer instead? :v:

Well yes I could do that. But then I wouldn't have hanger pets!

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Really, you can get away with just EPTW and use the other two slots for intel. I just like having A2D there since it helps make it less of an ungainly whale (and is really good with its doff). If you don't care about that then go wild. :v:

And it's depressing how useless engineering is in PVE. Both slots and consoles are basically placeholders for universals or spec skills.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
whoever sent me the cool loot thank you, and I hope I didn't gently caress anything up by using that trait thing right away. god bless

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

klapman posted:

whoever sent me the cool loot thank you, and I hope I didn't gently caress anything up by using that trait thing right away. god bless

The initial gently caress up might have been installing the game. Everything else you do from this point on is inconsequential.

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

Just wanted to say thanks also for the stuff I was sent after joining. I'm getting good mileage out of the Vaadwaur set already.

(Click for big)

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

DonDoodles posted:

The initial gently caress up might have been installing the game. Everything else you do from this point on is inconsequential.

when it comes to gently caress ups all i have to do is point to my tallboy of steel reserve and let it finish the discussion

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
Feel. The. Steel.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Trauma Tank posted:

Hey, can I get access to the wiki? Username is Trauma

I have been summoned from Fallout 4 to allow your account, use it wisely.

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb

Korgan posted:

I have been summoned from Fallout 4 to allow your account, use it wisely.

Now just think of all that duct tape that you could have been collecting instead of piddling around with the wiki.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Dootman posted:

Now just think of all that duct tape that you could have been collecting instead of piddling around with the wiki.

player.additem [duct tape item code] 100

There I just ruined it for you.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
coc qasmoke

completequest 10c64c

:boom:

Metaconcert
Nov 28, 2010

"And my answer is when there are nine"
I don't know why I find myself playing this game again (although it's more peaceful than I would have expected), but watching the reaction to the Jupiter release was strangely entertaining: the level of upset was so disproportionate.

That said, could I grab a channel invite / wiki access? delleth@metaconcert / metaconcert, respectively. Real original, I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
People in this game get upset very easily for very stupid reasons. On all sides. They get even more upset when you rub their faces in it. Which is what I live for.

• Locked thread