Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
I like the look of those watches at the $400 level. But I know they won't ship. Kinda sucks.

Don't suppose they exist on alibaba already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

FlyinPingu posted:

pretty sure that at this point in time most people wear watches as a fashion thing

I wear an old casio watch because it tells me the time and doesn't ever need to be charged or messed around with.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i wear an old casio for lifting (have it set to a one minute timer for rest between sets) and a few nice ones for going out.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Watches are just one more facet of cargo-cult masculinity that the internet has latched onto and made a way bigger deal about than it ever deserved.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Wedemeyer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWeTw2DXfUE

I think it was this one? I hope this Srar Citizen thing never ends :) :) :) I can't recall if another video was posted though so maybe I'm wrong.

How the living Christ can you fail to make a physics engine that fails to work on such a basic level?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Jedit posted:

How the living Christ can you fail to make a physics engine that fails to work on such a basic level?

Real answer: they are using the Crytek engine for their space shooter.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
It's always glorious when they gently caress up, I especially liked that one where in the ground module destroyed clutter would just shatter into randomly teleporting and fast pieces of shrapnel which would make for an amazing mutator in a better game but in theirs it just seems tedious. Fun to read about though. Kind of amazed they didn't manage to finish their ground shooty game though, it's loving CryEngine, that's what it does they should be long done with that by now.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Gamer badges. For when you think having played a board game or video game is an achievement, and need to let everyone else know about it (and insist that they now bend the rules because you bought an embroidered patch and had your mom iron it on for you). Also carry around the card in your wallet now I guess?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1705440407/gamer-badges

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jedit posted:

Their physics engine operates in a weird relative frame of reference model where all ships are their own universes with their own physics and origin point and up and down directions, and then each of those separate physics universes has to constantly talk to each other about what is happening so if you're walking fowards inside ship universe A that means you're walking downwards relative to ship universe B which is also backwards relative to netural-space universe C...

Oh and don't forget that somebody is on ship D and is pooping and so you have poop physics universe D and that person can look out a window and see person A and person B both glitching out like crazy because none of this is a good idea.

Otisburg posted:

Real answer: they are using the Crytek engine for their space shooter.

Yeah also they're building a universe simulator in Crytek which is the dumbest loving idea imaginable. Basically because they're too lazy to program good graphics themselves.

Star Citizen is sooooo hosed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Pretty much everyone has played a board game at least once, though.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Guy Mann posted:

Watches are just one more facet of cargo-cult masculinity that the internet has latched onto and made a way bigger deal about than it ever deserved.

Your post is one more facet of cargo-cult shitposting that...

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Pretty much everyone has played a board game at least once, though.

so pretty much everyone will buy my product!

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Don't know if anyone's posted it already, but idubbbzTV's kicnstarter crap and indiegogo excrement series' are wonderful fonts of tripe, such as SimB2B, a sad fat businessman's justification for playing second life.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the only good kickstarters were ftl, chroma squad and undertale. maybe elite dangerous. all others are useless and dumb

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Munchables posted:

Don't know if anyone's posted it already, but idubbbzTV's kicnstarter crap and indiegogo excrement series' are wonderful fonts of tripe, such as SimB2B, a sad fat businessman's justification for playing second life.

I like those videos a lot. I recommend the hilixia one

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

I will need literally every badge he ever produces at this rate. Jesus loving Christ, what have I done with my life?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

SciFiDownBeat posted:

the only good kickstarters were ftl, chroma squad and undertale. maybe elite dangerous. all others are useless and dumb

pillars of eternity and shadowrun because it gave us dragonfall

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mortimer posted:

pillars of eternity and shadowrun because it gave us dragonfall

There's even non video games kickstarters I've been told

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

unpacked robinhood posted:

There's even non video games kickstarters I've been told

Good ones?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I paid a local guy £10 for a painting once on kickstarter, he made something like £50 in the end and got his funding. I got the picture and a little letter of thanks so I guess that counts as a success?

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

unpacked robinhood posted:

I like those videos a lot. I recommend the hilixia one

That one's beautiful, especially after you read the comments made by the woman from the project.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

SpacePig posted:

Good ones?

Reboot the suit was pretty good.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Lime Tonics posted:

http://i.imgur.com/S2CTRbd.gifv

Supposedly a kickstarter is going to happen with this , thing.
http://lickibrush.com/

:catstare:

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

SciFiDownBeat posted:

the worst kickstarter was undertale because it gave us undertale

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/september-11th-redux#/

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

subpar anachronism posted:

Gamer badges. For when you think having played a board game or video game is an achievement, and need to let everyone else know about it (and insist that they now bend the rules because you bought an embroidered patch and had your mom iron it on for you). Also carry around the card in your wallet now I guess?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

A goal to raise 1.5 million to do a perfect recreation of the destruction of a 4bn dollar building by two 300 million dollar aircraft.

And it's flexible funding. I want to see the $80 version with balsa towers and water rockets.

even if money were no object, how do you even start the conversation to ask after the permits to do this episode of Mythbusters?

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Otisburg posted:

A goal to raise 1.5 million to do a perfect recreation of the destruction of a 4bn dollar building by two 300 million dollar aircraft.

And it's flexible funding. I want to see the $80 version with balsa towers and water rockets.

even if money were no object, how do you even start the conversation to ask after the permits to do this episode of Mythbusters?

I assumed the money was just to train some people to hijack a plane.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
For reference, the plane that flew into WTC 2 was a Boeing 767, which retails for about $160 million.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Also the cost of the WTC was ~~4bn, say if they're only doing 1 tower say only one tower if it doesn't need to meet code or have plumbing/HVAC/wiring for human habitation maybe ~250 mil? IDK a lot more than 1.5 mill.

If this actually did get the funding it needed through some wish-granting fairy or whatever, I'd love to be a fly on the wall for each of the meetings with regulatory agencies where they shop around for a location explaining the project trying to get the permits to do this... thing.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Great Rumbler posted:

For reference, the plane that flew into WTC 2 was a Boeing 767, which retails for about $160 million.

Yeah but you can get a janky one that's had the seats stripped out for cargo space and will still fly ok-ish for a mere $7.2 million. :v:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

subpar anachronism posted:

Show your love for board games by undermining a gaming once a week.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fontus-the-self-filling-water-bottles#/

Fontus The Self Filling Water Bottle.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

If that thing worked and could be cheaply produced...

Sadly, knowing this sort of thing, it probably won't and can't be.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Phase changes take a lot of energy. The EEVBlog guy did a video about it and for the performance they claim at 100% efficiency, you'd need a .6 square meter solar panel. If they actually produce something you may get maybe an ounce per day out of it.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Technically it works, but I doubt you could survive on the amount of water it would generate. It's also going to be useless if the air is dry.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Please, PLEASE tell me this is a parody. Please.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

SciFiDownBeat posted:

you forgot about bob's game

I like to think he's out there now, cruisin in his hack van, livin the dream

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

wit posted:

If nothing else it's a good way to get clawed in the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

wit posted:

At this point in the game I genuinely don't know.