Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
So has anyone tried Pixel Starships? It looks/sounds cool as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

precision posted:

So has anyone tried Pixel Starships? It looks/sounds cool as hell.

I played it back near release, and there was almost nothing to actually DO. Lots of timers and poo poo. Maybe it's better now.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Ravi is better than sez. Period.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I played it back near release, and there was almost nothing to actually DO. Lots of timers and poo poo. Maybe it's better now.

I just played 15 minutes and it seems like a cute little time waster. Seems they're adding new stuff at a good rate. Collecting gacha crew members seems potentially fun

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Man, 11 is pretty small for the default size for a guild :(

Get upgrading boys :p

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Only got one extra slot from level.

Please throw up a request for aid, even if you don't need it. It's great for guild xp and donators get guild currency to boot. Also please donate the 50k max gold each daily and we should pick up levels pretty quickly

Damegane
May 7, 2013
Is there a limit on how much you can donate for a single aid request? If there isn't it seems like it can be easily abused for guild XP by rapidly exchanging supplies between 2 coordinated people.

e: Never mind, looks like it's 1 request per day per person.

Damegane fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Nov 12, 2018

bmoon
Dec 18, 2007

precision posted:

I just played 15 minutes and it seems like a cute little time waster. Seems they're adding new stuff at a good rate. Collecting gacha crew members seems potentially fun

I've been playing Pixel Starships for a few months. It starts with low timers, a dozen missions available per day, and infinite pvp. Upgrading your ship, room, and recruiting crew is relatively easy

After a few weeks, you start to grind missions to save up enough for upgrades. After a few months, you grind for a week for upgrades that have a week-long timer. Not too bad

I would like to see improvements to the guild system. Great to see that guild starts with room for 100 players. There's no way to increase that cap. There are also starbase raids. Sounds neat, but it takes a lot to build a starbase and all the guilds that have one have a trophy requirement of 2,500

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Zotix posted:

Ravi is better than sez. Period.

I wish you wouldn't have wrote that. I passed on an Achate/Ravi account. On the other hand I'm now living the Destina/Sez dream now. Just like every other re-roller I guess.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

vulturesrow posted:

I wish you wouldn't have wrote that. I passed on an Achate/Ravi account. On the other hand I'm now living the Destina/Sez dream now. Just like every other re-roller I guess.

A lot of people are really solid. I'm running Charlotte and she's a loving murder machine.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Sez is great don't get me wrong. I started with a solid account myself w/o Ravi or sez. There's a ton of hype about Sez from the community as a whole and he is good. He's solid in arena. However if you really speak wit h people who have experience on the Korean server, Ravi is the strongest pull right now, bar none. Ravi scales amazing even after the nerf, and just lifesteals through all content.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

vulturesrow posted:

That's pretty much the only better roll you could have gotten.

People really love to say "(hero I don't have) is poo poo!" but they all have their uses. Ravi is a tough as nails tank with solid DPS, Sez shits out damage, Destina is a very tanky healer. They are all really good at what they do.

Anyway, I'm now hungering for more people to use my support team so I need more friends. I have Ravi, Achates, Carmainerose, Kiris and Alexa (although she is low level) in my support squad so there's something for every situation. Please add me at IGN: Detrian if you'd like.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

I guess I should be glad that Sez was the first 5* I got yesterday since I was just going to roll until I got a 5* hero.

Was the guild full or was another one started?

EDIT: Milward IGN for E7

milward fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Nov 13, 2018

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

bmoon posted:

I've been playing Pixel Starships for a few months. It starts with low timers, a dozen missions available per day, and infinite pvp. Upgrading your ship, room, and recruiting crew is relatively easy

After a few weeks, you start to grind missions to save up enough for upgrades. After a few months, you grind for a week for upgrades that have a week-long timer. Not too bad

I would like to see improvements to the guild system. Great to see that guild starts with room for 100 players. There's no way to increase that cap. There are also starbase raids. Sounds neat, but it takes a lot to build a starbase and all the guilds that have one have a trophy requirement of 2,500

Do you still lose use of stuff when you upgrade it?

I really liked it when I played it except it got to a stage where the game became unplayable for days on end unless you forked out a bunch of money after which I quickly dropped it.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Just got a Ravi to go with my Sez :getin:

Should have 3 slots tomorrow - 2 from level up and 1 inactive. I'll go thru historically and add those who asked first - please edit your request if you're no longer playing.

Ezelek
Apr 30, 2006

I raised you, and loved you, I've given you weapons, taught you techniques, endowed you with knowledge. There's nothing more for me to give you. All that's left for you to take is my life.
After facing Ravi in the arena, I slightly regret ditching my Ravi/Destina account for Sez.

lexxyth
Jan 21, 2015
Started this with a Ravi and Tywin 5*s and 4* Lots for a healer. I had to reroll thr account once, though. Account name is Guacboii.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Account name is Canuckistan. only lvl 10 though and I think the limit is 20?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Epic Seven goons, make sure to update your Arena Defense team. The amount of players I run into with just Ras as their only defender is staggering.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Rapner posted:

Just got a Ravi to go with my Sez :getin:

Should have 3 slots tomorrow - 2 from level up and 1 inactive. I'll go thru historically and add those who asked first - please edit your request if you're no longer playing.

I think there's others before me, but if slots open, or inactives get purged, please keep me in mind IGN - SAbeeboy

I got a Ravi too. Pretty sweet. Also Charlotte who is killing loads of stuff.
Lacking a healer, but I got sick of re-rolling.

Seems fun so far

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Adolf Glitter posted:

I think there's others before me, but if slots open, or inactives get purged, please keep me in mind IGN - SAbeeboy

I got a Ravi too. Pretty sweet. Also Charlotte who is killing loads of stuff.
Lacking a healer, but I got sick of re-rolling.

Seems fun so far

That androgynous kid you get for free is a decent enough healer.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Adolf Glitter posted:

sick of re-rolling.

This is what's keeping me from playing Epic 7: I don't want to reroll any gacha game ever again, but I don't want crappy units. :smith:

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

New Leaf posted:

That androgynous kid you get for free is a decent enough healer.

Yeah, it seems ok, I'm so early in that it's hard to tell tbh. I swapped him/her out for a 4* wizard that throws up a shield (Doniniel?), and it's been more than ample.

What's Mercedes like? It came out of a stack of mail so I assume everyone got one

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Aither is a boy. Everyone calls him a boy and the prince.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Adolf Glitter posted:

Yeah, it seems ok, I'm so early in that it's hard to tell tbh. I swapped him/her out for a 4* wizard that throws up a shield (Doniniel?), and it's been more than ample.

What's Mercedes like? It came out of a stack of mail so I assume everyone got one

She's good, I use her a lot. I'm sure she'll get shelved at some point down the road, but for now, she hits like a truck and does good area damage.

Schubalts posted:

Aither is a boy. Everyone calls him a boy and the prince.

I honestly think he was designed as female and made male at the last second. I mean, look at him. Seriously.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

You can also recruit a healer named Elson from the connections. He has a group ATK/DEF buff and his heal is aoe that scales on enemy max hp, so its great for bosses.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

New Leaf posted:

She's good, I use her a lot. I'm sure she'll get shelved at some point down the road, but for now, she hits like a truck and does good area damage.

Cool, I'll throw some gear on her and give her a spin

I honestly think he was designed as female and made male at the last second. I mean, look at him. Seriously.

Yeah, I pay zero attention to the story, characters and whatnot, so unless it's obvious, and it's often not, then I have no idea what they are. Setting up camp in the labyrinth to cheer up my team is pretty much me at the edge of my anime limit, though it was kind of funny the first time tbh

The explosions and stuff are great, but the waifu stuff always leaves me cold (looking at you too King's Raid, and PAD to a lesser degree)

soscannonballs posted:

You can also recruit a healer named Elson from the connections. He has a group ATK/DEF buff and his heal is aoe that scales on enemy max hp, so its great for bosses.

Ah, good to know, thanks

Kheldarn posted:

This is what's keeping me from playing Epic 7: I don't want to reroll any gacha game ever again, but I don't want crappy units. :smith:

It's the least painful game so far. Kind of built in, I'm just impatient

The first selection I gave up after the 5th roll (but got someone decent enough) But the 30 selection has a good chance of something good, and it doesn't take long at all (autoplay most of it)
I thought it'd be individual rolls for the 30, but with it being multiples, there's a good chance of something good.
Other than binding your name, it's pretty humane

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 13, 2018

tolaziforname
Nov 30, 2008
If you're farming an exploration mission for friendship, you can open the map and click on a portal you've explored and fast travel at the cost of morale. Instant mission complete, same rewards. edit: To be clear this probably doesn't work for farming drops (that coin) because you don't actually kill any mobs.

also concurrently posting asking to be put on the waitlist for GoonSquad. ign: WyreSkel1 / Discord: Wyre

tolaziforname fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Nov 13, 2018

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Thought I had already posted but yeah add DemonMage for Epic7 guild list/friending.

New Leaf posted:

Epic Seven goons, make sure to update your Arena Defense team. The amount of players I run into with just Ras as their only defender is staggering.

This is pretty standard in these kind of games because the weekly rewards are not worth having to put in a lot of effort/risk losing the fights and getting crap currency every battle. So you keep tanked defenses to fight other tanked defenses or lovely new players who can't compete with your real team. Plus just winning streaks will push you up a few leagues usually.

Bronze 1: 210/week premium, 10 arena
Gold 1: 360/week, 30 arena
So two full leagues up and you only get an extra 150 premium currency (1.5 summons) and 20 arena currency per week. If you can get to the top tier league the weekly amounts start to be pretty interesting but you also likely don't care nearly as much at that point. If you're somewhere in between those the amounts are more attractive but also take more time and effort to maintain your ranking than a lot of people want to put in for the worst part of the game gameplay wise.

It's 5 arena currency per win and I think 2 per loss? So it doesn't take many losses there to cost you the difference from the weekly amounts.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 13, 2018

tolaziforname
Nov 30, 2008
Also on the note of Arena Defense: make sure your team is as tanky as possible. From my experience, the damage you take while attacking as the rounds drag on from the time/arena hitting you is very hefty.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Applied as roid

bmoon
Dec 18, 2007

Kegslayer posted:

Do you still lose use of stuff when you upgrade it?

I really liked it when I played it except it got to a stage where the game became unplayable for days on end unless you forked out a bunch of money after which I quickly dropped it.

Yeah, in Pixel Starships rooms are disabled while there's an upgrade timer. It's frustrating so I have to plan which set of rooms I'm okay with not using. I know what you mean about a new set of tougher stages when you upgrade your ship. I initially have trouble and it forces me to change tactics

I never felt the need to spend money. The monthly subscription for 50% increased loot isn't necessary. Definitely want spacebux for 4* gacha pulls. The 5* rates for the same pull are extremely low. For the most part, I've slowly collected spacebux by trading up

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Kheldarn posted:

I didn't reroll at all, the built in mechanism works if you're happy with whatever. I just went for any one Nat 5.

14 members now, full again after level up and clearing inactives.

Rapner fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Nov 13, 2018

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Been playing AdVenture Communist. It's a good one of those games if you want to play one of those games! Seems like it's not totally finished yet because there's an icon with a spaceship on it that says "Coming soon" so who knows when that's coming but I've been enjoying watching the numbers go up. Also it's got this guy:

Edit: I must say some of the "references" for characters in this game are very strange. And none of them really have much of anything to do with communism so I have no idea what they're doing in the game. I just like Megacop's shifty eyes.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Nov 13, 2018

Ezelek
Apr 30, 2006

I raised you, and loved you, I've given you weapons, taught you techniques, endowed you with knowledge. There's nothing more for me to give you. All that's left for you to take is my life.

Rapner posted:

I didn't reroll at all, the built in mechanism works if you're happy with whatever. I just went for any one Nat 5.

14 members now, full again after level up and clearing inactives.

Can you add friends directly via username? Ezzy10 if you need another supporter Sez on your list.

Yeah, most rolls are viable, only reroll if you're an insane person who wants that best start. There only 5s I'd be nervous about are mages as they're the weakest class atm.

Seems to be getting slots at a decent clip, I eagerly await my glorious position in your organization.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Relatedly, tiny guild/clan/whatever size limits need to go away yesterday. Such an annoying mechanic.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Didn't do much re-rolling but I was able to get 5* Sigret out of the 30 summon deal.

Didn't read up much but she looked like she was a good unit and is proving to be exactly that. Can take a lot of hits and her main swipe attack pretty much one shots things near her level or lower.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Grand Chase global is sitting in the preregister section - I played the non global release from apk but got locked out when it needed Play Store updates and enjoyed it a fair bit. On the off chance you're looking for a Gacha game but aren't feeling E7, I'd recommend it. (no idea when global will actually release though).

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A beta version of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is out on the Play Store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So one of the twitch people for this game said they just did a review video for an upcoming game that comes our Nov 30th that is a Final Fantasy / monster hunter hybrid. He can't put the video out until the 30th because of nda. He said it was amazing though. There's also another star trek gacha game coming out around the last week of November as well.