Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I was cleaning out an old email address I use for spam that I will ignore for years at a time earlier this month. Turns out I gave that address to IRR and they had emails talking about all the trouble I'll get in if I don't show up for muster from years ago and by the way do you want to reenlist? Jokes on them, the only one they actually mailed to me certified mail ended up getting cancelled like a month later when sequestration murdered budgets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Am I the only person who's never had to show up for muster? I wouldn't mind sitting through a couple hours of "pretty please re-enlist?" for beer and pizza money. :shrug:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Goddamn Red line is under construction for two weeks. I have to add a half hour to my commute each way. Fuckers.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Naked Bear posted:

Am I the only person who's never had to show up for muster? I wouldn't mind sitting through a couple hours of "pretty please re-enlist?" for beer and pizza money. :shrug:

I didn't even get transferred into the IRR until a year into my IRR time.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Navy reserves for life because I'm a lovely dad and husband and like my away time.

Sigh.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Pity it's not going to hit us.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I hope Trump raises hysteria related to the asteroid; basing his fear on having mistaken the movie Armageddon to be a documentary while blaming Obama for the space rocks coming to kill us all.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

That would be pretty much what your nation deserves at this point

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

found one of two finger's home videos

https://i.imgur.com/UyELhB9.gifv

Nope nope nope nope

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I got calls from recruiters while I was in college doing ROTC. Prior to me signing the official ROTC contract, several tried to get me to drop out of college and forfeit my scholarship, because "hands on, real work" and "guaranteed airborne infantry slots."

:what:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

cowboy elvis posted:

Army recruiter just contacted me to see if I was interested in enlisting.

Get the gently caress out of here.

:lol: :wtf:

Naked Bear posted:

I had one in 3 years. They were looking for a specific career field and had literally nothing they could use me for, even if I were interested.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I got calls from recruiters after I joined. Including a Marine Reserve recruiter who told me I could go on welfare since I'd only have a one weekend a month job.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Naked Bear posted:

The one time I had to go, it was maybe 10 or 15 minutes of repeatedly saying "sorry, not interested" to an unenthusiastic SSG in his office. Since I combined the trip with a run to the grocery store, including "net" driving time it was $270 for 40 minutes of my time tops. It was great.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Just walked by David Clarke sitting at a bar down the street from my house.

He looks just as dumb in person.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Handsome Ralph posted:

Just walked by David Clarke sitting at a bar down the street from my house.

He looks just as dumb in person.

I hope you called him an idiot

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I hope you called him an idiot

Nah he was inside as I walked by. Just noticed and kept walking. If he was outside I'd have asked him for some water.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Casimir Radon posted:

I got calls from recruiters after I joined. Including a Marine Reserve recruiter who told me I could go on welfare since I'd only have a one weekend a month job.

That's brilliant!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

That's brilliant!
"I've been in the Air National Guard for two years now"
"Don't worry bro. I can get you out of that!"

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

lol which one of you guys just changed my username

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Nice and hot piss posted:

You're welcome

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Lucky.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
That's loving amazing

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

Nice and hot piss posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tYvGfF1Gkg

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

drat good piss... and hot!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Fister Roboto posted:

The stream narrows, Diane. I'm close, but the last few drops are always the slowest and most difficult.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7M3EEHYkJ0

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
There’s been so many name changes over the years, I have no clue who is who save for a few of you.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

cowboy elvis posted:

There’s been so many name changes over the years, I have no clue who is who save for a few of you.

yeah this

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

So wait, Nice and hot was previously I LICK, right?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

No, my previous name was MurderBot

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

My name has been the same cause I'm boring, woo

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

The Rat posted:

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

The Rat posted:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Thinking about changing mine to LingCrabKilla due to my new life goals.

Maybe RockCrabKilla.

I need a crab tattoo.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

My partner at work just announced she’s getting a new job and leaving in four weeks, three of which she’ll be absent. I’ll get to take on her share of our ever-expanding workload until her replacement is recruited and hired. Then I’ll get to train them as well while still doing the work of two people.

JOY.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

I HAVE GOOD AIDS posted:

My partner at work just announced she’s getting a new job and leaving in four weeks, three of which she’ll be absent. I’ll get to take on her share of our ever-expanding workload until her replacement is recruited and hired. Then I’ll get to train them as well while still doing the work of two people.

JOY.

What do you do again?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I’m a security advisor for an international organization. Don’t want to self doxx and say which one because the security outfit here is pretty small and it’d be easy to identify me.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
In the not so distant future I have to decide who in my current client environment I want to keep, approach them, and offer them employment provided that we win a big contract that is coming up for recompete. A good work friend is currently occupying the job that I would want, so I'm going to eventually have to decide if I want to shiv him for the job. He's old, so there's a high probability this would be the end of his employment. Then there's the standard 30-day transition thing with contracts, so I'll have to deal with everyone I've worked with for years knowing that I was doing thumbs up/down on who to keep, some of which will have been working there for a decade until then. Gonna be rad.

In the consultant life cycle, this is the stage where the instructors inform you that you have to kill and eat the pet you've raised for most of your time.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
:capitalism:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Went to an ENT doc for an outpatient procedure on my nasal cavities. It's like the third time I've had the procedure done (it's complicated) but this time he prescribed me percocets for pain management if I needed it since it was a little further than he went before.

Fuuuuuuck that. I'll stick with motrin and beer.

• Locked thread