Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Personally, I thought it kind of sucked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Furism posted:

That's pretty cool, thanks!

I guess you mean the US Hellfest, not the French one?

What?

France.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
Steve Tucker back with Morbid Angel :

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/morbid-angel-parts-ways-with-david-vincent-reunites-with-steve-tucker/

Looks like Yeung is also out of the band, but I can't find much detail about that.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Sucks Pete Sandoval found Jesus and spends his days posting bible quotes on facebook like your aunt who thinks angels live among us and has 10 cats.

Maybe they can get someone like Derek Roddy or Kevin Talley.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Good. gently caress Tim Yeung.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
What was wrong with Yeung? At worst he just seemed forgettable.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/drama/david-vincent-i-have-not-left-morbid-angel

Good times in store.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Being a member of Morbid Angel at this point is probably more embarrassing than not being involved with them.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

comes along bort posted:

What was wrong with Yeung? At worst he just seemed forgettable.

He's a lifeless human drum machine and is easily the most overrated drummer in death metal. Get bent, Yeung.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Turk February posted:

He's a lifeless human drum machine and is easily the most overrated drummer in death metal. Get bent, (death metal drummer here).

Adjusted this for even more truth

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Whoever suggested Unleash the Archers back a few pages is the best. It's so awesome to have a female vocalist who sings in a power metal style instead of that opera bullshit. I've been rocking Demons of the Astrowaste all weekend.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Turk February posted:

He's a lifeless human drum machine and is easily the most overrated drummer in death metal. Get bent, Yeung.

You're forgetting about Adrian Erlandsson, the most boring musician in existence

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Vargatron posted:

Whoever suggested Unleash the Archers back a few pages is the best. It's so awesome to have a female vocalist who sings in a power metal style instead of that opera bullshit. I've been rocking Demons of the Astrowaste all weekend.
Hah, you're welcome. :)
Yeah, I dig her vocals too, I like how her usual singing voice is relatively deep but she still belts out those powerful high notes as well. And from what I hear from their older stuff vs. the new single, she's developed quite a bit.
I wasn't really taken by their old albums, but I'm looking forward to the upcoming one.

Oh and anyone who's interested in pompous melodeath with some moderate japanese flavour, Whispered just released a new song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_RNDL10ERg

Their previous album was one of my favourites of 2014. Not quite sure about this new song yet, but it is pretty impressive. Not quite as straight-up melodeath anymore, at least.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Witchrist is back! Let's hope that this means Diocletian will make a return someday as well.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Nordick posted:

Hah, you're welcome. :)
Yeah, I dig her vocals too, I like how her usual singing voice is relatively deep but she still belts out those powerful high notes as well. And from what I hear from their older stuff vs. the new single, she's developed quite a bit.
I wasn't really taken by their old albums, but I'm looking forward to the upcoming one.

Oh and anyone who's interested in pompous melodeath with some moderate japanese flavour, Whispered just released a new song:

Their previous album was one of my favourites of 2014. Not quite sure about this new song yet, but it is pretty impressive. Not quite as straight-up melodeath anymore, at least.

Shogunate Macabre was awesome, this song is awesome, super stoked for the album

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Nordick posted:

Sorry, is that a groove metal riff at 1:30? This just sounds like a really lame Touhou remix without any of ZUN's good melodies.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Gamma Nerd posted:

Sorry, is that a groove metal riff at 1:30? This just sounds like a really lame Touhou remix without any of ZUN's good melodies.
Symphony X could have pulled that riff off, but the rest of the song happening around it is too boring to save it.

On the other hand, the background image while that riff is playing just reminds me of this:

Vulture Culture fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jun 17, 2015

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Turk February posted:

Witchrist is back! Let's hope that this means Diocletian will make a return someday as well.

I think it's been reactivated because the guys were going to focus more on Diocletian, but now Diocletian has broken up. They've got the guy from Sinistrous Diabolus back on vocals now and he's playing bass as well, which should be good.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
What've been some good death metal releases this year? I think the only death metal thing I've listened to this year is Sulphur Aeon.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

apophenium posted:

What've been some good death metal releases this year? I think the only death metal thing I've listened to this year is Sulphur Aeon.

My favorites:

Sickening Horror
Some midpaced, progressive stuff. Feels Supuration-ish.

Acrania
Elements-era Atheist played by Latin jazz musicians. Incredibly fun.

Ad Nauseam
Gorguts + DSO.

Castrensis
Pretty typical brutal DM, but good.

Shoutouts to Sarpanitum, Condor, and Khariot.

david crosby
Mar 2, 2007

apophenium posted:

Desolate Shrine & Malthusian

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Gamma Nerd posted:

My favorites:

Acrania
Elements-era Atheist played by Latin jazz musicians. Incredibly fun.
I can't tell whether I like or hate this but at least it's something interesting for once

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Gamma Nerd posted:

i skipped to 1:30 because i wanted to hear groove metal but it was not dirty enough for me

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Vulture Culture posted:

I can't tell whether I like or hate this but at least it's something interesting for once

It's not an entirely new idea - I mean, Atheist themselves had Latin jazz influence, especially on Elements - but it takes it a step further, yeah.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
that is the poo poo i want in me

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

apophenium posted:

The new Vorum EP is pretty cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaOECtl6Q4A

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Nice. I had no idea they were dropping a new EP.

Interment has posted that guitars are done for the new album, so I'm really psyched. Mefisto finished up their newest album a little while ago, so I'm really amped for that too.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

:lol: Just give it up Burton Bell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfIAqYhLSr0

saviro
Apr 28, 2005
the revenge of the peruvian

apophenium posted:

Gruesome - Savage Land should be up there as the best DM record of the year so far

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

This is amazingly awful. It's like they are going back to the album that completely ruined them, Digitmortal. Maybe they want to team up with Coal Chamber and have a Jump Da gently caress Up Tour 2.0. I dunno but they should really give it up.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
now i like meshuggah and stuff but drat. lol

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

i know it's the youtube comments section but

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

funeral fag posted:

al jourgensen would never stand for this!!

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

funeral fag posted:

Lindemann duh

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
I kind of liked the new Ghost song

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
Went to see L7 yesterday in Paris. Great show, time flew right by and they have great energy for grannies pushing 50. Sound balance was off though, we couldn't hear half of the vocals. I think they were trying to hide, you know, the voice of grannies pushing 50. Otherwise they sounded just like the album.

Primus (not really metal ok but I figure some people around here might like them) last week was loving awesome, but they really need to stop playing the entire Chocolate Factory album thing.

KingKapalone posted:

Came to ask if Spotify or Google Play had a better metal selection or better radio/channels. Any one have opinions?

Neither. Buy your music (you can get really cheap, like $2-5 from Amazon resellers and such), don't rent it. Artists make poo poo money from streaming services.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

DEAR RICHARD posted:

I kind of liked the new Ghost song

It's great and I laugh in the face of all the troo metul people who sneer at them.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's great and I laugh in the face of all the troo metul people who sneer at them.
What about the ones like me, who shamelessly listen to even the poppiest, cheesiest gimmick stuff but still sneer at Ghost, because Ghost is really boring?

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Furism posted:

Went to see L7 yesterday in Paris. Great show, time flew right by and they have great energy for grannies pushing 50. Sound balance was off though, we couldn't hear half of the vocals. I think they were trying to hide, you know, the voice of grannies pushing 50. Otherwise they sounded just like the album.

Primus (not really metal ok but I figure some people around here might like them) last week was loving awesome, but they really need to stop playing the entire Chocolate Factory album thing.

I saw Primus this week too and they were really great! They even did a few pretty deep cuts like Over the Falls from the Brown Album as well as Over the Electric Grapevine which I never heard live before.

The chocolate factory thing though, ugh. The song about the golden ticket is kind of neat but the whole thing just drags on way too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Ugh. That's... wow that was horrible. I figured they were back on track after the Industrialist (which was pretty drat good, IMO)

So, does this mean we're in a loop now? They do another Digimortal, break up again, then maybe we get another Archetype in a few more years? :laffo: