Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

intardnation posted:

that didnt come from roberts unless you took dictation therefor you work there. After all the only truth in CIG is roberts right? That is what CR said right? the only truth is his and you stated that as a truth.

so you just gave yourself away and go home or stay and play for the lols. just stop pretending.

I mean, it didn't come from Roberts but it's work that someone is doing in a studio. And, all of the Monthly Reports go to Roberts for review before released. So ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ManofManyAliases posted:

I stated it as fact because that's what was reported in May's monthly report (https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15364-Monthly-Studio-Report). So, yes - I'm just taking their word for it.

What have they done to make you believe them?

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

peter gabriel posted:

My god I hope you are right because between you and me I am starting to have niggling doubts about the project.

not the greatest SC YTuber of all time. Noooo

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

ManofManyAliases posted:

I mean, it didn't come from Roberts but it's work that someone is doing in a studio. And, all of the Monthly Reports go to Roberts for review before released. So ...

then it isnt true.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

They gave a free Size 4 gun with every Buccaneer pledge?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

intardnation posted:

not the greatest SC YTuber of all time. Noooo

My faith was shaken but now it is restored thanks to belt dude

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Pay his wages?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Haha how do you go from `we are still working on the art assets and lightning` to its all done in like a month. Anuses, they don't have anything close to being finished. They are hoping to have something they can at least attempt to show by mid August and Im sure they'll hit another roadblock in July when they do that last mo cap session making them have to reshoot something later on

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

ManofManyAliases posted:

I stated it as fact because that's what was reported in May's monthly report (https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15364-Monthly-Studio-Report). So, yes - I'm just taking their word for it.

…but it doesn't really say any of that. So you're not just taking their word for it — you're taking their vague obfuscations and extrapolating to where you wish it would be. I know that it's a common affliction among citizens to be completely oblivious to the distinction between what has been said by CIG and what they have imagined themselves, but realise that you're not in an environment right now where those leaps will be accepted without scrutiny.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Tarkaroshe's Cabinet of Curious Citizens profile. was brought to his attention. Befittingly, he did exactly what I said about him in in profile: "For reasons unknown, they are quick to attack a poster's motivation and who they associate with."

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Moma bores me. The timid attempts at misdirection he mysteriously shows up for when there is a new Cloud Imperium Games fuckup to mock aren't even funny anymore :v

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Has anyone said Clown Imperium Games yet?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

What am I distracting you from? Is your attention-discipline so low that you cannot maintain a discussion/argument/campaign while allowing yourself to actively engage differing opinions? In other words - stop speaking nonsensical bullshit.

OK goons a little bit more and Moma is about to have all his anuses explode. Keep pushing the buttons!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Mirificus posted:

Tarkaroshe's Cabinet of Curious Citizens profile. was brought to his attention. Befittingly, he did exactly what I said about him in in profile: "For reasons unknown, they are quick to attack a poster's motivation and who they associate with."

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Also the May update does not say "last major addition for SQ is in July and most of the levels are already complete". It says that the mocap will be done in July, that the levels for the mocap segments are being worked on. Shubin, one of the major levels for SQ42 and something CIG has been working on for years, hasn't even left gray boxing.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ManofManyAliases posted:

😞

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

Gone, you need to screenshot that stuff in future.

http://archive.is/L2G1k

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Also the May update does not say "last major addition for SQ is in July and most of the levels are already complete". It says that the mocap will be done in July, that the levels for the mocap segments are being worked on. Shubin, one of the major levels for SQ42 and something CIG has been working on for years, hasn't even left gray boxing.

They said the mocap was done before, four times :lol:
hey, here's an idea, lets take CIGs word for stuff, that has a cast iron 100% proven track record of being an absolutely failsafe sure fire winner of an idea

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
brb logging in to play some sweet sweet santaballs

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Mirificus posted:

salty asshats lol

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

I am fine with MoMA posting about food and recipes here, and also talking about different cooking techniques and such.

It is cool.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Toast, when you say "fact" and that you are "taking their word for it" in a monthly report, do you mean it like when they reported Star Marine was imminent or almost there for PTU in last year´s monthly reports and all the specific Star Marine updates such as this https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14815-Star-Marine-Status-Update?

What do you think makes this monthly report "facts" different from the other monthly reports or other star marine updates (tens of them) where CIG was wrong or lied repeatedly?

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jun 6, 2016

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

peter gabriel posted:

brb logging in to play some sweet sweet santaballs

Satinballs
Satonballs
Santanaballs
Satanballs
Spaceballs

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Dante80 posted:

I am fine with MoMA posting about food and recipes here, and also talking about different cooking techniques and such.

It is cool.

I'm more interested in CiG's recipes for cooking the books.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

That's not a gift you know. If you get something by purchasing something else, it's not a gift.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

peter gabriel posted:

I only eat food from plastic packets that require no preparation, I literally pour cereal directly into my mouth

I like to buttchug bite-size Shredded Wheat. However tonight I am having chips & quiche.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
They released a new patch again?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4mg7ni/roberts_space_industries_ptu_patch_notes_240p/d3v9gfw

Fixed an issue where the Plant Shelf was not aligning correctly with the wall when placed in a Hangar.

oh.

Also, bait and switch is alive and well at CIG. everyones crying about wasted buyback tokens. Way to go Ben Lesnick, developer.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Also, intern reading this, tell them the COMM-LINK thing is really late again, but it doesn't matter at this point.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Apocadall posted:

This is the best game I never paid for.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

Mirificus posted:

that is disturbing response to say the least.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I think if the game is ever released it's going to sell very poorly since anybody interested has already coughed up $1-30k

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

You never posted food or recipes here commando? I mean - a lot of you do. And I was just trying to fit in = ( Meridian - halp.

It is true, I did demand food posts.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Thirsty Dog posted:

gently caress the alien languages, I want to know who taught them the gibberish they speak on camera.

Hundreds of episodes of absolute nonsense.

10/10 post

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Started this a day+ ago when the tag shitshow started.
But i fell asleep and forgot i had it open in Photoshop until now.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

MedicineHut posted:

Toast, when you say "fact" and that you are "taking their word for it" in a monthly report, do you mean it like when they reported Star Marine was imminent or almost there for PTU in last year´s monthly reports and all the specific Star Marine updates such as this https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14815-Star-Marine-Status-Update?

What do you think makes this monthly report "facts" different from the other monthly reports or other star marine updates (tens of them) where CIG was wrong or lied repeatedly?

It's just standard circular reasoning. CIG always tells the truth. If what happens doesn't jive with what they said would happen, it's just the nature of game development that deadlines are missed, and things had to change. The perils of "open development" - if you're honest about everything you're doing, when you wind up wrong, you get called a liar.

That is the standard defense in these situations, and nothing I've read so far indicates that it will be deviated from. Of course it's also a great defense for when they really are lying, because in every case, they can just claim the dynamic nature of game development, and pave over the lie quite neatly.

Of course, the kicker here is that even if CIG has never lied, and has consistently told the truth, or at least their best guess as to what they had planned, it's even more damning that if they had lied. The product they have produced thus far is violently different, and astoundingly far removed, from every single promise/pledge/word they have ever spoken since the original Kickstarter and all the way down the line. If CIG can't be right even once about their own game, then even if they're telling the truth, it's not worth believing.

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jun 6, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

intardnation posted:

that is disturbing response to say the least.

Well at least he's getting good mileage out of the "salty asshats" line

Gold, that one is

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

orcinus posted:

Started this a day+ ago when the tag shitshow started.
But i fell asleep and forgot i had it open in Photoshop until now.
nice

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Deedrix posted:

Well I shrugged it off on june 1st

Welcome friend

This is the thread at the end of the 'verse, where we all get comfortable, lean back and watch it all go down in flames. BYOC (for catte)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU PARP IN SPACE.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Oh - and for those asking about my food:

Last night, I grilled a nice marbled ribeye that I finished in a cast iron pot for a good char. The key to properly grilling a steak is to allow it to rest at room temperature for 30 mins prior to grilling, and season it with nothing but salt (Kosher salt is best as it covers more surface area) and ground black pepper. Second, you want to make sure you're using high eat to sear in the juices. When thrown on the grill, watch to see as the blood emerges from the top of the steak (generally around the 2 minute mark). Do not flip before you see this. After you flip, you should give it another 1.5 to 2 mins. I gave it less because I then threw it in a cast iron with butter, thyme and garlic to finish of the sear (and a medium-rare temp).

With the steak, I made some brown rice and quinoa and a side of sauteed baby spinach.

This morning, I had leftover steak so I sliced it thin and made two eggs over-easy, pan fried tomatoes, and some feta for a quick and easy, healthy meal.

Sous Vide is the only way to go.

• Locked thread