Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Ahaha holy cow. Just did a run as Lilith where I died 2 floors down (but had the Ankh, so I revived as ???)

The rest of the game I spent with a piddly laser and a book that gave me +soul hearts. A little ways down I got into a devil room and picked up guppy's body for the nine lives.

Three of them were spent fighting mom, the others were spent fighting the Womb. I think this run was the first time I beat either Mom or The Womb without taking any hits.

I was on my last life, too. Always play your runs through to the end, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

asterioth posted:

Apparently you have to Beat mega satan with every character including dark judas, resurected lazaras and the keeper

Oh great, does that mean that all those post it marks have to be completed with them too? And if that last one is true, I guess it isn't actually implemented since the ARG is still going on.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Oh great, does that mean that all those post it marks have to be completed with them too? And if that last one is true, I guess it isn't actually implemented since the ARG is still going on.

From what the person said, just mega satan

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Jibo posted:

Monstro in the Ultra Greed stage has been replaced with a pair of Mega Greeds. (I haven't done Greed Mode in a while so this may not be new)

It's been like that for a while, there are a few things you can get for that fight (Monstro is still possible).

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Noooo 9 lives gives you 1 health on ??? no matter how many you got before it. And spelunker hat lets you enter secret rooms in greed now, pretty sure it didn't before the patch

Fun to kill the nerfed ultra greed and get everything is terrible 2 for my effort

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Nov 14, 2015

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Apparently you can't use seeds for the lost unlock now. Watched some streamer who'd done it a few times before fail to get lost unlocked after dying to satan as azazel with no seed. He'd used seeds for the other parts.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Jusupov posted:

Apparently you can't use seeds for the lost unlock now. Watched some streamer who'd done it a few times before fail to get lost unlocked after dying to satan as azazel with no seed. He'd used seeds for the other parts.

Yeah it looks like this may be the case. So now you get to work out your R key as you hun5 for Mulibooms in the basement.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That is such a dumb change. The Lost unlock conditions aren't a secret anymore. Making it harder to unlock does nothing meaningful except make it more tedious.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

So apparently they have to find something at the adress they found, one guy went but his phone died before he got the hints about looking at the map and x marking the spot. Now tyrones out there and theres atleast 3 people looking around.

asterioth fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Nov 14, 2015

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Jusupov posted:

Noooo 9 lives gives you 1 health on ??? no matter how many you got before it. And spelunker hat lets you enter secret rooms in greed now, pretty sure it didn't before the patch

Fun to kill the nerfed ultra greed and get everything is terrible 2 for my effort

e: oh I didn't notice you meant you were playing blue baby because I'm a dumbass

yeah since he doesn't get red hearts, his soul hearts are treated as red ones so far as items are concerned. I think that's consistent for everything that affects red health with him

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master

Jusupov posted:

Noooo 9 lives gives you 1 health on ??? no matter how many you got before it.
This was the case in rebirth too.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

asterioth posted:

Apparently you have to Beat mega satan with every character including dark judas, resurected lazaras and the keeper

If the first two parts of that are true than

- lol
- eat poo poo Edmund McMillan

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Taratang posted:

This was the case in rebirth too.

Guess I never saw 9 lives cat in rebirth then with ???

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Yeah, pretty sure Ultra Greed isn't as much bullshit as he was before.

ImpAtom posted:

That is such a dumb change. The Lost unlock conditions aren't a secret anymore. Making it harder to unlock does nothing meaningful except make it more tedious.

Power of Pecota posted:

If the first two parts of that are true than

- lol
- eat poo poo Edmund McMillan

:agreed:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jusupov posted:

Just did it earlier today so unless it changed with the patch to fix Ultra Greed it's still fine.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

And the new stuff is unlocked apparently.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

asterioth posted:

And the new stuff is unlocked apparently.

I have ~240 coins in the greed machine and got Everything is Terrible 2 + Special Shopkeepers on taking out Ultra Greed post-patch.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
How are you supposed to dodge pink Haunt's blast? They gave us Lost again for a daily run this morning with mantle and I had an otherwise perfect fight but he used that twice and killed me. Saw no clear way to avoid it.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

So The Keeper IS in game now, you need to get to 999 on the greed machine to unlock him

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

asterioth posted:

So The Keeper IS in game now, you need to get to 999 on the greed machine to unlock him

My machine was at 999 and had to donate a coin to get the achievements. No spoilerguy though.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

Jusupov posted:

My machine was at 999 and had to donate a coin to get the achievements. No spoilerguy though.

Try bombin the machine, some are saying 999 is all you need some are saying 999 and bombing it

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Jibo posted:

If that percentage indicator that shows up after beating Ultra Greed is the percent chance that it will break, then that has been loosened up some, I put about 10 coins in as ??? (at which point it broke :argh: ) and it only got up to 2%

It's been 1% per 5 coins for as long as it's been in the game, I think

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

asterioth posted:

Try bombin the machine, some are saying 999 is all you need some are saying 999 and bombing it

My machine is already broken, have to go try some greed mode I guess

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I guess that's one way to stop your puzzle being datamined.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Jusupov posted:

My machine is already broken, have to go try some greed mode I guess

Machine was fixed when I got to ultra greed and was able to donate one cent and got the new guy unlocked.

Also even with everything is terrible 2 that makes greed mode harder he melted quite fast. No damage shielding. (Though I had cancer+very fast tears+godhead+20/20+guppy)

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
Has anyone found out how to unlock the razor as eve's starting item?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Mr. Whale posted:

I think I got it from donating to the greed machine.

Keeper is even better than lost. Reset until you get swallowed penny or holy mantle or mystery sack (since it has a high chance of dropping swallowed penny)

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Nov 14, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I managed to get the shovel in greed mode and so I did what that one person speculated and used it after Ultra Greed to see what would happen.

And the answer is nothing! Nothing happened.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Well that was pretty easy, tech X is such an obscenely strong attack especially with multishot.
Welp, the "a penny" unlock is exactly what it sounds like. The keeper gets a singular cent upon spawning in, truly that was worth fighting the Hush for, though it seems like the Hush's damage scaling was heavily reduced along side Ultra Greed's, it took like a minute of just shooting it with tech X shots to finish.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Nov 14, 2015

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx

Mr. Whale posted:

440 Coins to the Greed Machine.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is the Keeper just basically immortal with Piggy bank or Swallowed penny? Also is there a trick to filling up the Greed machine faster or is it just gonna take loving forever?

EDIT: http://i.imgur.com/ZbrhUdU.gif

RatHat fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Nov 14, 2015

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

RatHat posted:

Is the Keeper just basically immortal with Piggy bank or Swallowed penny?

Yup

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

CJacobs posted:

I managed to get the shovel in greed mode and so I did what that one person speculated and used it after Ultra Greed to see what would happen.

And the answer is nothing! Nothing happened.

It was part of a real life puzzle, not an ingame one (which makes it pretty meaningless for anyone not in California, or even the United States, or even North America).

A pretty good puzzle, all things considered, except for the fact that most of the world were irrelevant and had no chance of solving it :v:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I wonder if those old man sprites that used to be tied to the keeper that were datamined were just a red herring, or if they're for something else.

E: I am not a fan of this greed machine. It says 4% and it loving jams after 2 coins when I have 90.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Nov 14, 2015

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Decided to get Greed Mode done with Eden and I highly suspect I might clear it on the first try, guess they didn't block it completely.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

They blocked the IV bag and blood donation machines from spawning (the machines get replaced with Devil beggars) but I guess they missed out Eden :)

Found out a couple of things on my last run:

If you're Lilith and pick up another Incubus as a Devil Deal then it won't get duplicated using the Box o Friends.

Also Maw of the Void doesn't work for Lilith. I was kinda hoping to get a mini effect on the Incubi but no luck. Ah well at least I had Mom's knife so they could fly around committing adorable knife crimes :3:

Counterfeit Penny is also pretty great in Greed Mode.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Zark the Damned posted:

If you're Lilith and pick up another Incubus as a Devil Deal then it won't get duplicated using the Box o Friends.

Not a great shock, as the Box of Friends gives you one extra follower of each type you have - so two incubuses turns into 3 whether you have 2 permanently or are just using the box a second time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Looks like Taurus never triggers in Greed mode.

Got it in Basement 1, ended up with speed showing as 3 pips on the stats, which should mean it activates on room entry in normal Isaac, right? Not a single activation.

It worked once on a Devil Room with Krampus though!