Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

BGrifter posted:

It takes real talent and dedication to gently caress up a game this badly. MPQ isn't a game anymore, it's performance art.
As the world's shittiest apology, today's 1* doesn't even have a hero/tile-mover in it (it's 3 generic goons) so it's even easier than usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
My deadpool daily team is Beast, 3* Bullseye and StormHawk. Such a scrub team that does amazingly well on wave nodes.

Todays Deadpool 4* is some poo poo. Boosted moonstone has 17K health and all of her attacks counter are deadly in their own ways.

You'll need to put out a green attack to counter her purple, but then that leaves her getting red or black off. Red will straight up take half your health off and black will steal your poo poo.

Best you can do is get lucky go for green, then store up a purple attack in case she gets black off. And do your best to deny red. Took me 8 health packs to do today at 183.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Just in case anyone was wondering, today's DPD 3* has a scaled-up Juggernaut in its last wave (3100 per headbutt) and 3* Captain Marvel in the previous wave (to build up red) so usual "don't let anybody ever get a turn" rules apply.

I can't even get past the first wave. gently caress smoke ninjas now and forever.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I absolutely hate what they've done with DPD. You see this dumb bad design in all kinds of (mostly) f2p games where they make things harder to try to expend resources of the top end players, except it doesn't, and it just hurts the lower end ones who need the resources more.

My champion 2* DPD team are all 125 or so and I still have trouble with the Enchilada sometimes.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

rabidsquid posted:

I absolutely hate what they've done with DPD. You see this dumb bad design in all kinds of (mostly) f2p games where they make things harder to try to expend resources of the top end players, except it doesn't, and it just hurts the lower end ones who need the resources more.

My champion 2* DPD team are all 125 or so and I still have trouble with the Enchilada sometimes.

the dumbest thing right now is that ultron bots move tiles and build AP but don't really spend it, so if they are featured in a wave you have to kill them quick or drain their AP or else the next wave is going to come in and fire a bunch of abilities.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

homeless poster posted:

the dumbest thing right now is that ultron bots move tiles and build AP but don't really spend it, so if they are featured in a wave you have to kill them quick or drain their AP or else the next wave is going to come in and fire a bunch of abilities.

They love to team up Ultron bots with champs like Scarlet Witch too on the first wave so you don't get to build up AP and the enemy team gets to build up a ton of AP. Also you can randomly get crit the poo poo out of by one of the types of Ultron bots, it's a really lovely first wave enemy type and like I said I even have trouble with it sometimes with 30 champion levels on the pro 2* DPD team

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
the storm magneto ____ method of freezing every wave besides the first is now shifty too because the first wave may have problem characters

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
It's still a joke for anyone who has max level/cover GSBW and Steve Rogers, so it's not like it's a fun interesting challenge for anybody. Just forces you to use the same boring team every day till you want to claw your eyes out from the tedium, like the 2* nodes.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
This was the first time my OML, Daredevil, Black Panther team was in trouble. Characters kept stealing my Ambush tiles and I couldn't get enough black tiles to ice the final team.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

SectumSempra posted:

cyclops,. iron fist and luke cage haven't been nerfed so not likely.

Cyclops fits on literally any team because he fuels himself.
Slap in iron fist, You can punch things until you decide to blast them with black
you can have ANYONE as third and its effective.

This is true. I've got a Champion Iron Fist, and a 10 cover (5 black) Cyclops and it works excellently. I usually pair with a 1 cover Phoenix, Championed 3* Thor, or 11 cover 3* Magneto and it works wonders.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

i know quake is a woman, but making her tile emblem a labia is a weird stylistic choice. I don't read very many comics any more; is her hero insignia a labia in the actual comics? it looks like her icon up by her power meter is more detailed, but I feel like they need to change up her tile emblem because it doesn't look like her icon at all.

or they need to change IF's emblem to look more like a dick or something

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

homeless poster posted:

i know quake is a woman, but making her tile emblem a labia is a weird stylistic choice. I don't read very many comics any more; is her hero insignia a labia in the actual comics? it looks like her icon up by her power meter is more detailed, but I feel like they need to change up her tile emblem because it doesn't look like her icon at all.

or they need to change IF's emblem to look more like a dick or something

Her name is Daisy and lots of flowers look like vaginas...

When are we getting MODOK in this bad game?

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

If any of you have Android 6.0.1 and haven't updated yet, be warned. I updated yesterday afternoon and my game keeps crashing back to the home screen. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. It was fine up to the point of loading my Facebook save. Once it started to load that data, it crashed and won't run. I checked the D3 forums and it seems to be happening to some. I have a Google (Motorola built) Nexus 6 running 6.0.1. I'm going to wipe the cache partition next to see if that helps.

Edit: Clearing the cache partition seems to have fixed it. If any of you run into the same issue, here are the steps for cleaning it. (Copied from http://www.gottabemobile.com/2016/01/05/android-6-0-problems-fixes/)

• Press and hold Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously until you see something other than Google on the screen.
  • At this point, you should see a large arrow at the top of the screen.
  • Tap Volume Down repeatedly until you see Recovery in the arrow. Then tap the Power button.
  • You should see an android on his back with its chest open showing red triangle and exclamation mark.
  • While holding the Power button, tap Volume Up once then release the Power button.
  • You should now see a list of items at top of screen.
  • Tap Volume Down until the item to erase or wipe the cache partition is highlighted. Then tap Power button to initiate the process.
  • A status messages will appear at the bottom of the screen. Be patient because this can take 10-15 minutes to complete. When done restart the Nexus.

OldNorthBridge fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Mar 15, 2016

dabre_aiamim
Oct 23, 2008
Lipstick Apathy
DPD waves today:

Hitman/4* DP/Thug
Konran/Shinobi/Konran
Horror/Carrier/Mutation
Falcon/Psylocke/2* Wolverine

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

holy moly is being iso-poor becoming a huge hurdle. I've got five 3* heroes with enough covers to champion but not nearly enough iso to get them there. playing casually seems like it's going to take forever; I looked at the dpd vault and realized that even if I got extraordinarily lucky and got the top three iso prizes in one week for 20k iso, 20k is still a drop in the bucket for what I need.

then it occurred to me, I'm approaching an even bigger plateau. I'm fairly close to championing every 3* hero that I care to roster and I play too casually to ever get an LT from PVE or PVP. other than the LT I get from the initial champ for a 3* hero, I'm eventually going to run out of ways to get easy covers for 4* heroes. I know 3* heroes eventually spit out more LTs and 4* covers thru the champ process, but getting those 3* covers thru the trickle of dpd makes the process take a while.

I guess the iso-poor problem will solve itself if I'm forced to bank hundreds of thousands of iso before I actually get 13 covers for a single 4* hero :shrug:

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

homeless poster posted:

holy moly is being iso-poor becoming a huge hurdle. I've got five 3* heroes with enough covers to champion but not nearly enough iso to get them there. playing casually seems like it's going to take forever; I looked at the dpd vault and realized that even if I got extraordinarily lucky and got the top three iso prizes in one week for 20k iso, 20k is still a drop in the bucket for what I need.

then it occurred to me, I'm approaching an even bigger plateau. I'm fairly close to championing every 3* hero that I care to roster and I play too casually to ever get an LT from PVE or PVP. other than the LT I get from the initial champ for a 3* hero, I'm eventually going to run out of ways to get easy covers for 4* heroes. I know 3* heroes eventually spit out more LTs and 4* covers thru the champ process, but getting those 3* covers thru the trickle of dpd makes the process take a while.

I guess the iso-poor problem will solve itself if I'm forced to bank hundreds of thousands of iso before I actually get 13 covers for a single 4* hero :shrug:

I'm in the same boat. I've got three 3* characters championed. In the next 2 months of DPDs I'll have another 6 at 13 covers. I've only got 277000 ISO at this point, so I'm going to have to

How many 3*s do folks usually max out with ISO before starting to save for 4* characters?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Just started up a new alliance if anyone's looking to try one out, name is Roxxon Oil.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I'm in the same boat. I've got three 3* characters championed. In the next 2 months of DPDs I'll have another 6 at 13 covers. I've only got 277000 ISO at this point, so I'm going to have to

How many 3*s do folks usually max out with ISO before starting to save for 4* characters?

I'm probably doing it wrong, but I have 30 championed 3*. The only 4* I have maxxed is Nick Fury, who I got to 11 covers with random season 10-pack pulls and got to 13 with HP right before they made the switch to requiring CP for 4* covers.

I had most of those 30 dudes already at 166 when they introduced champions, so it wasn't a huge iso investment to convert them all and gather up the legendary tokens.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
I have also got the iso wall. But the dpd gives at least 1500 a day, much more of you have the required character, and pvp is actually a better way to get iso than it looks because of cover sales. Throw in a token or two, and you can make 5k easily and 10k some days (when you have the 4* for pve). That means playing all 3 pve rounds and a bit of pvp too, of course.

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
I have 37 championed 3* so I'm just going all the way and championing the last 3. Colossus, Ragnarok and Dr. Octopus will be completely useless but I'll have the ISO for them long before I get 13 covers for another 4*.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
This Jean Grey/4* Cyclops/3* Storm node is the worst thing ever. Focus everything on trying to down Cyclops, multiple random match 5 trigger, my entire team's dead.

-edit Of course, the second after I cry about it, I beat it. Turns out the magic team was Punisher/Classic Magneto/Hood.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Mar 16, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I forgot to do the big enchilada today until just now and missed out on getting my lovely two cover Luke Cage another red :shepicide:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Call Me Charlie posted:

This Jean Grey/4* Cyclops/3* Storm node is the worst thing ever. Focus everything on trying to down Cyclops, multiple random match 5 trigger, my entire team's dead.

-edit Of course, the second after I cry about it, I beat it. Turns out the magic team was Punisher/Classic Magneto/Hood.

Yesterday's IF/SW/Kingpin was ridiculous as well. SW's countdown fuels IF's pink which fuels Kingpin's black which does double damage because of SW's countdown tile. Plus attack tile damage and Kingpin's mook summon and :fuckoff:

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

My magic solution for those last nodes was press button, drop whales.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Mine was to say, "gently caress The Simulator".

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Are the lightning rounds spectacularly useless, or is it just me?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

plainswalker75 posted:

Are the lightning rounds spectacularly useless, or is it just me?

They're good for doing the first 3 things to get an extra 100 points and some free ISO.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Oh, do they contribute towards the season total? They don't have the "Season #####" banner, so I thought they were self-contained.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

They do not.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lighting Rounds are for sure self contained

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This sounds pretty ok. I'm not into the game hardcore so this change works to my advantage.

quote:

Hello everyone,

Beginning tomorrow (Thursday, March 17, 2016) we will be testing out some new scaling adjustments during the Enemy of the State event.

Here’s word from Anthony at Demiurge:

“Mission Difficulty Adjustment Test

We will be running a one-event test for the mission difficulty adjustment feature for the story event Enemy of the State this Thursday. We are making a big change to the difficulty and how missions re-play. The main things we are trying to accomplish with this change are improving how mission difficulty is calculated and making missions more about completing challenging-but-fun missions rather than playing missions quickly, at set times during the day.

Mission Difficulty
The first thing I want to talk about is how the difficulty of the missions are changing. Previously, the system presented you with opponents based on your characters’ levels. There was a couple of quirks with this system. In some circumstances, it could be disadvantageous to level characters, or to add a high-level character to your roster. Now, the game will take into account both your heroes’ power levels and heroes’ levels into account when establishing the difficulty of the mission.

Playing When You Want to Play
The next big change we are introducing is how missions are re-played. Previously, after beating a mission, the strictly optimal strategy was to wait 8 hours and play it again. We wanted to update the system to give you more freedom about when you play the game.

In the test event, missions will be worth the same amount of points the first six times you play it. Missions get harder each of these times. Once a mission is beaten six times, the difficulty stops increasing.

After that, each time you beat a mission, it will be worth less points, similar to the old system. The amount of times it takes for a mission to be restored to full points after one play is 24 hours (up from 8). A mission can be beat 5 times (down from 6) until you reach the minimum amount of points a mission is worth, 20 points (up from 1). Our goal with this change is to make Story events more about beating challenging missions rather than having to beat missions quickly at set intervals during the day.

What’s Next?
The event after Enemy of the State will return to the original difficulty system. We will be looking at how people did and listen to what everyone is saying about it. Once we are comfortable with our findings, we will touch base with everyone again and let everyone know how it went and what we are planning on doing in the future.

We’re all pretty excited about the new changes and hope you enjoy them as well. As part of a thank-you for helping us with testing this system, we will be rewarding users who participate in it. Just for playing in the event, you will get three extra Enemy of the State tokens. If you place in the top 50 of your leaderboard you will also receive 10 Command Points. These will be gifted to everyone that participated the day after the event ends.

Addition info:

* Mission Difficulty Change (commonly referred to as scaling)
o Mission difficulty
- We have changed the way the game determines which level enemies you should go against to be more accurate. Instead of basing difficulty solely on heroes’ levels, it takes your heroes’ power levels into account as well.
- Previously, missions increased in difficulty based on your performance within the event. Mission difficulty is now set at the start of the event and does not change for the duration of the event.
- In the old system, some players saw a big jump in difficulty between the easier missions in a chapter and the harder ones. That's been smoothed out.
- Players at higher levels will begin to see enemies higher than 395.
- As your roster gets stronger, you'll see enemies that are relatively easier. (Their levels will still increase, but more slowly than yours do.)
- The amount of Power levels an opponent has is based on their level.
· Opponents at base level or under will only have a single power level for each of their powers. This scales up to the max level which is 13 power levels.
· Opponents shouldn’t have more than 13 Power levels at any point.

o Missions increase in difficulty after beating them
- After completing a mission, a screen is shown showing how many levels the enemy has gained.
- Each mission will increase in difficulty six times.
- Typically, Join Forces missions do not increase in difficulty.
o The amount of points a mission is worth
- The amount of points you earn while playing a mission no longer changes based on other players’ scores. (This was commonly referred to as rubber banding.)
- The first six times you beat a Mission will be worth the same amount of points.
- After the seventh time you beat a mission, it will be worth less points.
· Each time you beat the mission after the seventh completion will increase the time it takes to receive full points by 24 hours
· The amount of times it takes for a mission to reach the minimum amount of points it is worth is five times (down from six times)
- The minimum amount of points a mission is worth is now 20 (increased from 1).
- Typically, Join Forces missions decrease in points immediately after playing it once.”

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I've been utterly uninterested in playing outside DPD stuff because I couldn't be bothered to commit the time management to try and rank well, so these changes suit me just fine, I'll be interested to see if it goes over well and maybe gets implemented full-time.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

My knee jerk reaction is that this change is going to be worse for those without fleshed out rosters. If I understand correctly it'll be optimal to grind each node down 5 times then wait 24 hours.

The issue I see is that grinding the more difficult nodes down is going to be much harder with only 10 health packs, unless you have the ability to field multiple teams.

Am I missing something or does this seem correct?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

quote:

- After completing a mission, a screen is shown showing how many levels the enemy has gained.
- Each mission will increase in difficulty six times.

No sir, I don't like it. The only reason to play PVE is to get Command Points and alot of the time you have to grind out the node before it finally gives it to you.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Wait, people play PVE events?

Hah, suckas.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Once you're in 3-star land, command points are basically all that matters. Getting 4-star rewards from pvp is next to impossible with a 3 star team.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Sure, but getting to a 3* roster is a pretty soul crushing grind*, so I'll take what I can get.

*marvelpuzzlequest.txt

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Thaddius the Large posted:

Sure, but getting to a 3* roster is a pretty soul crushing grind*, so I'll take what I can get.

If it's any comfort you'll get all of them max covered before you'll be able to field a roster of three fully covered 4*s.

I'm currently ten covers short of having every 3* at max covers. X-Force has 13 covers, Invisible Woman 12, then a whole bunch with six covers apiece.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

That's pretty good for someone who doesn't even play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT

Call Me Charlie posted:

No sir, I don't like it. The only reason to play PVE is to get Command Points and alot of the time you have to grind out the node before it finally gives it to you.

This. If you have the time and inclination it's pretty easy to get the three start progression reward but most of the time I do one clear and then grind the CP if it's not a painful matchup.