Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean I'm not gonna blame people for making GBS threads on Capcom's dumb decisions, it's just gonna get kinda tiresome if that's all that happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

wet your whistlers mother posted:

You being unaffected by the poo poo that happened doesn't change it happened, it just means you're some dude trying to chime in on this game he had significantly less investment in than the majority of its player base.

Who cares how invested he is? He got the game, played it, and most likely got through most of the content and that's all you need to chime in. Overall, the reviews of the game mixed or slightly positive, but, and this is a huge but, the problem is it didn't sell well. People who would have given it more negative reviews never bought it. In my case, I have DMC, 3, 4 and Bayonetta. I also plan on getting Bayonetta 2 sometime. I will never get or play the DmC reboot. I can't actually say anything about the game, but most likely there's no shortage of people who treated the game the same way.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Safety Scissors posted:

Who cares how invested he is? He got the game, played it, and most likely got through most of the content and that's all you need to chime in.

Then don't loving comment on the game like I was making a comment on the game and not what the game meant to people when it was coming out, because that's what my original loving statement was supposed to be.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
capcom is still probably the single best company in all of video games that doesn't make hardware, even in spite of them being really dumb

people have been increasingly down on them since about 2010 or so. but they've made at least one totally rad game per year (and a bunch of lesser but still rad games) since like 1987 in every kind of genre and style.

that's over two decades of both famous franchises and interesting one off games, including a bunch that unironically changed how people played, made and thought video games for all time like SF2 and RE4. nobody can match this kind of output

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sega tho

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Ace Attorney 6 is great so maybe Capcom isn't so bad

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Never gonna get dragma 2 so they can burn for all I care.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

wet your whistlers mother posted:

Then don't loving comment on the game like I was making a comment on the game and not what the game meant to people when it was coming out, because that's what my original loving statement was supposed to be.

The issue is there's a difference between the company should fail because they consistently make lovely games

and

Capcom Constantly lets down it's consumer base but yet still gets enough sales to keep trucking along and pumping out medicore games due to other game franchises they have performing decently.

My conclusion was to personally lower my expectations significantly, and avoid buying full price without trying from the company. (after sf5 just wait em all out even with a demo)

and sfv still let me down. If anything if the pre-release was such a poo poo show as I'm hearing, I'm guessing everyone who absolutely hated it dodged it anyhow.

Also people are allowed to like games I don't.

Remember me felt horrible but it has fans. The concept and pre-release shots seemed cool.

I didn't even finish it and I got it for free.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Oct 2, 2016

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Never gonna get dragma 2 so they can burn for all I care.

As long as MonHun boys survive and make their own company.
And you know, someone making a proper Street Fighter game would be nice.

Despite the massive poo poo pile of awfulness that is SFV, I still like Street Fighter, in general. Everything out there is either an Anime Fighter, NetherRealm Fighter or whatever you call those Tekken-like games and Street Fighter is different.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Oct 2, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

King of fighters is basically street fighter but fun

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Capcoms megaman trolling has gone on so long it looped all the way around from lovely to brilliant. I respect that dedication.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SectumSempra posted:

The issue is there's a difference between the company should fail because they consistently make lovely games

and

Capcom Constantly lets down it's consumer base but yet still gets enough sales to keep trucking along and pumping out medicore games due to other game franchises they have performing decently.

I... what

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Ace Attorney 6 is great so maybe Capcom isn't so bad

I have to admit, AA6 is probably my favorite in the series, and I love that series to death :shobon:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

In Training posted:

King of fighters is basically street fighter but fun

KoFXII felt like a hot mess but I've also heard that KoFXIV is pretty good and looking at some KoFXIV gameplay it does look similar to the kind of gameplay I like.
Now if only KoF14 was on PC as well.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Jack Trades posted:

KoFXII felt like a hot mess but I've also heard that KoFXIV is pretty good and looking at some KoFXIV gameplay it does look similar to the kind of gameplay I like.
Now if only KoF14 was on PC as well.

Fwiw the box says "PS4 Console Exclusive"

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

cloofish posted:

Fwiw the box says "PS4 Console Exclusive"

I imagine them taking the same route as Guilty Gear when it comes to that.
As in, getting a PC release once the game becomes totally irrelevant (by getting an expansion).

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I played Guilty Gear today and it was awesome.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Agoat posted:

I played Guilty Gear today and it was awesome.

I didn't mean that Xrd is irrelevant.
I meant that they released -Sign- on PC pretty much as -Sign- got irrelevant because of the -Revelator- release.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I thought 5-years-ago-Trump-twitter was going to sweep the yearly Self Own Olympics but that PC ad is extremely good

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Dear Capcom:

Go gently caress yourself

Anyways West Coast only tournament is tonight, we already got a decent number of people so there should be lots of fun matches.
Checkin is at 7:30pm PST Fights are at 8pm. Even if you aren't sure you can make it feel free to sign up then just skip the checkin.

http://challonge.com/SiberianExpress9

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
So ya', maybe PC users have a driver installed that could probably be a giant security risk. Sure. But hey, Capcom isn't just doing poo poo for no good reason.

What good reason could that be, you ask? Why.. Costume Cheat Codes! Not quite as drastic as Urien's dong-thong, but holding 3P, LK and Up will cause some minor articles of clothing to be removed. Seems to only apply to certain DLC costumes right now, such as the swimsuits and CPT costumes. Karin loses her hat, Ibuki her scarf, not sure about the rest (heard Laura/Mika lose their swimsuit shirts). I think that Necalli costume tweet from earlier in the thread shows him losing his shirt.

FGs are saved!

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
Is there a cheat code to give the Macho Gief some ski goggles

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I tried PC version for first time in a while and my first casual match had some noticeable rollback against another britbonger. I asked if he fancied a battle lounge and it was still a bit rollback-y. I even asked if he was on wi-fi, but nope. I still think it's really bizarre that the game is more-or-less perfect on PS4 but I have so many issues on PC.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Lothire posted:

So ya', maybe PC users have a driver installed that could probably be a giant security risk. Sure. But hey, Capcom isn't just doing poo poo for no good reason.

What good reason could that be, you ask? Why.. Costume Cheat Codes! Not quite as drastic as Urien's dong-thong, but holding 3P, LK and Up will cause some minor articles of clothing to be removed. Seems to only apply to certain DLC costumes right now, such as the swimsuits and CPT costumes. Karin loses her hat, Ibuki her scarf, not sure about the rest (heard Laura/Mika lose their swimsuit shirts). I think that Necalli costume tweet from earlier in the thread shows him losing his shirt.

FGs are saved!

finally i can have laura in a skimpy outfit

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Why would anyone want to remove Karin's beautiful hat

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Maybe im playing during the national anthem, you prick

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Maybe im playing during the national anthem, you prick

that's when you go balrog holding down back

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
:trumppop:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
downback lives matter.

Furthermore, it my opinion that Sean Payton must be fired.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Looks like October update is just spooky stuff

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/782987057966690304

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I have no goddamn idea who some of those costumes are.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Saint Freak posted:

It's pretty obvious which costume belongs to who. And they look great.

Can't wait to see how they're going to continue their trend of loving up Ken though.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

They botched the Vega costume in the tweet and showed the old premium, here is what it actually is.

its dope as gently caress

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Saint Freak posted:

Most of them look like darkstalkers characters.

samurai is...whatever his name is from DS
werewolf is john talbain
Alex is dressed up like Donovan

edit: missed opportunity to have Laura put on a sasquatch costume

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Platypus Farm posted:

Most of them look like darkstalkers characters.

samurai is...whatever his name is from DS
werewolf is john talbain
Alex is dressed up like Donovan

edit: missed opportunity to have Laura put on a sasquatch costume

I guess... assuming you mean Jedah and not Donovan. Though i'm not sure where you're seeing the Talbain reference.

The samurai costume is a weird cross between Sodom and Bishamon

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

BattleHamster posted:

I guess... assuming you mean Jedah and not Donovan. Though i'm not sure where you're seeing the Talbain reference.

The samurai costume is a weird cross between Sodom and Bishamon

That second picture with the furry red werewolf looks very much like talbain. And yeah Jedah, my b!

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark
Nash is Victor, ha!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Platypus Farm posted:

That second picture with the furry red werewolf looks very much like talbain. And yeah Jedah, my b!

No, it doesn't. Like, not even remotely close.Like, Talbain and that costume are about as far as you can get from each other and still have both be recognizably werewolves.