Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Gatts posted:

Zoolander 2 was good.
hosed up if true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Thankfully it is not.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Red Bones posted:

Yeah you can guarantee that Thanos will employ a bunch of people wearing helmets for our heroes to kill.

I hope they bring the Black Order to the big screen.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
An army of tiny Thanoses.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

An army of tiny Thanoses.

Played by Deep Roy.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I watched Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders this morning. It's pretty good actually. Lots of jokes and nods to other film incarnations of Batman. It even goes to some pretty dark places. The worst thing about it, and this huge for me, is that Adam West is basically sleep walking through all his dialogue. It's very startling.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I feel like a lot of my favorite old people actors are going to start dying soon and it makes me sad :ohdear:

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I feel like a lot of my favorite old people actors are going to start dying soon and it makes me sad :ohdear:

When they announced that they're going to do another animated Batman 66 movie, my immediate thought was, "I hope they record it soon, just make sure." Adam West in 88, but realizing that Shatner is also 85 was kind of shocking.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I'm pretty sure Adam, Burt and Julie are the only surviving members of the 66 show sadly.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Burkion posted:

I'm pretty sure Adam, Burt and Julie are the only surviving members of the 66 show sadly.

Adam West and Julie Newmar have both been interviewed by Gilbert Gottfriend on his podcast. I highly recommend them.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Death Year '16 only lasts for another two months, if they last that long they are safe!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Until the Starpocalypse of '17 you mean

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Get used to the feeling the older you get.

:argh: curse you god!

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
If Obama doesn't have androids ready to receive the consciousness of Stan Lee, Patrick Stewert, and Morgan Freeman, then what are we even paying taxes for?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
First look at Amber Head as Mera
https://twitter.com/ComikazeNews/status/786250669002858496

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Sweet merciful gently caress. Let's make an amazing colourful costume and drown it in that shitacular dark filter that Synder jacks off too.

Bleh.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Sweet merciful gently caress. Let's make an amazing colourful costume and drown it in that shitacular dark filter that Synder jacks off too.

Bleh.

What's so amazing about Mera's costume, it's a plain green leotard with scales.

Edit oh do you mean the movie costume?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

- Gal Gadot says that there will not be a huge amount of action in Wonder Woman. They want to shoot a "heroic and epic drama" that involves love and character interactions. There will be at least an opening battle and a conflict at the climax. She also stressed a new more upbeat tone for the DCCU.

:negative:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Can the John Wick guys just do every movie fight scene please?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

DeimosRising posted:

What's so amazing about Mera's costume, it's a plain green leotard with scales.

Edit oh do you mean the movie costume?

Yeah the movie costume looks really good. I like the fact that they are going with the scaled armour look rather than try to modernize it. It looks cool and like she is out of the comics.

Hard pressed to see since looking at the picture its as if you are wearing sunglasses, which is a big pet peeve of mine for MoS.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It looks pretty good on my monitor.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

I'm down for one of these movies with less gratuitous action.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Can the John Wick guys just do every movie fight scene please?

I feel like Civil War demonstrated pretty well that they're not a cure-all

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Jenny Angel posted:

Civil War's fight choreography was pretty good, though? The only major issue I had was the first Winter Soldier fight because the shaky-cam effects were so prolific that it really distracted from the scene.

The assault on Bucky's apartment, the helicopter scene, and the final fight were all done by the John Wick guys and were really good.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
That's what Jenny is saying, they were pretty good.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

The assault on Bucky's apartment, the helicopter scene, and the final fight were all done by the John Wick guys and were really good.

They were all merely ok-to-kinda good IMO.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I thought there were some really good pieces in it, particularly the apartment raid and catching the helicopter.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jenny Angel posted:

There's never a cure-all. Directors, second unit directors, choreographers, storyboarders, etc. You can get hyped about the action potential of any mixture of those and still be disappointed in the final product.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

What's her superpower? Hair that never gets wet?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

AngryBooch posted:

What's her superpower? Hair that never gets wet?

Looking fly.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I thought there were some really good pieces in it, particularly the apartment raid and catching the helicopter.

Catching the helicopter was good. The apartment raid falls to pieces in the stairwell.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The lighting in that photo really makes it look like Instagram cosplay. I assume that's not a still from the movie?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Sad news about Wonder Woman: Linda Carter was going to do a cameo, but couldn't make it during initial filming. She was going to come do one during reshoots, but DC and Patty Jenkins decided to limit reshoots and just cut Linda out.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Almost certainly someone just snapping a photo

Her powers, by the way, are the same as Aquaman minus telepathy.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

A 1:1 aspect ratio photo is unlikely to be a still from the movie.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Weird photo from the set of Logan:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLd1DL1D_rN/

Caption is: Prom

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

I love it. Get weird.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sir Kodiak posted:

A 1:1 aspect ratio photo is unlikely to be a still from the movie.

True, but I don't know the original source.

Anyway, looks pretty good. Reminds me of the Asgardians.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Sad news about Wonder Woman: Linda Carter was going to do a cameo, but couldn't make it during initial filming. She was going to come do one during reshoots, but DC and Patty Jenkins decided to limit reshoots and just cut Linda out.

Carter at least gave Jenkins some advice on Diana's character.

greatn posted:

Almost certainly someone just snapping a photo

Her powers, by the way, are the same as Aquaman minus telepathy.

She also has the ability to control water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Oh yeah I forgot.

So basically the same powers as Aqualad.

• Locked thread