Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Bombadilillo posted:

gently caress. If you wanted to have her regressing to childhood trauma and poo poo you have to do something to get that across.

You didnt show and didnt tell.

Show and tell? What is this, middle school?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Bombadilillo posted:

gently caress. If you wanted to have her regressing to childhood trauma and poo poo you have to do something to get that across.

You didnt show and didnt tell.

I think the best analogue to this might be in breaking bad if walter white goes from season 1 walter white to poisoning innocent kids/casually killing people season 4 Walter white in like 2 epsiodes

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Generally storytelling is done via showing and telling.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

Sounds like we got a Themetard here.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
I also kinda like how literally everything single actor/actress understands their characters better than DnD

mexican willie
Mar 17, 2007

Glenn Quebec posted:

Aryas west of westeros is just the dumbest thing. I guess she's an explorer now? gently caress it

The Iron Islands are on the west side of Westeros and the society of seafaring pirates never bothered sailing west?

you can cunt off
May 5, 2019

by VideoGames
what's west of westeros? its just the other end of essos you loving idiot child.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
IN THE BOOKS

everyone that sailed west of Westeros has never been seen again.

So who knows.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

you can oval office off posted:

what's west of westeros?

A spinoff pilot

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Wasn't the super east of Essos/far west of westeros some unknown mysterious everyone dies land? Like, beyond the wall land. Maybe need a dragon to get there.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I think it was suspected at one point that that's where Euron went, before he came back and with a hold full of Valyrian loot and a working knowledge of blood magic and whatever else they do east of the Dothraki raiding zone.

Goons Are Great posted:

Wasn't the super east of Essos/far west of westeros some unknown mysterious everyone dies land? Like, beyond the wall land. Maybe need a dragon to get there.

E: I think the places mentioned are Asshai, which is where Melisandre is from and which is full of ghosts and demons and poo poo, and Yi Ti, of which we know nothing but is implied to be some kind of fantasy China.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 19:50 on May 16, 2019

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Bombadilillo posted:

A spinoff pilot

Oh god no. I can't handle any more potato faced Arya ever again.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Goons Are Great posted:

arya should visit the great land of china Yi Ti and take counsel with the wise yellow emperors

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

what's west of westeros?

West Philadelphia.

BlackStar
Aug 21, 2004

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

IN THE BOOKS

So who knows.

Flat Westeros Theory.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I think it was suspected at one point that that's where Euron went, before he came back and with a hold full of Valyrian loot and a working knowledge of blood magic and whatever else they do east of the Dothraki raiding zone.

oh so that's how the radar guided ballistas work

I guess he ran outta blood magic before the main battle

you can cunt off
May 5, 2019

by VideoGames

IN THE BOOKS

So who knows.

that's some dumb poo poo in those books

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Poor Euron didn't get anything cool from the books. I bet the actor was hype to be playing some warlock pirate but then just player a methed out Irish trucker like his real life uncle

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

I mean NUNCLE

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the dude who plays euron is Danish

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The dude who drinks euron is POTUS

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Glenn Quebec posted:

Poor Euron didn't get anything cool from the books. I bet the actor was hype to be playing some warlock pirate but then just player a methed out Irish trucker like his real life uncle

He wishes he was Irish, TV Euron doesn't have a clue what he is.... Asides from a disappointment.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

what's west of westeros?

Earth

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Danish methhead nuncle then.

Naunt is a word too. Thank God grrm didn't learn that

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Foul Ole Ron posted:

He wishes he was Irish, TV Euron doesn't have a clue what he is.... Asides from a disappointment.
Sure he does "hes the man who killed Jamie lani-faaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Westereros

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

every single 'here's how i would have done it better' manages to somehow be worse than the actual turd being produced

Nice brand new sockpuppet account, Hell Yeah!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Collapsing Farts posted:

Bran will warg into it and proceed to present his gigantic dragon donger. Once fully erect he lets out a roar before mounting and loving the-

Do you wish to learn what happens next? Click on my webzone https://www.eroticdragonsmut.net/get-penetrated-today

Bran + Drogon is the Stallion Who Mounts the World.

is that dandruff or jizz ??

Universe Master posted:

If grrm actually finishes the books all this poo poo will be remade in 10 years.

GOT: Brotherhood

Typo posted:

apparantly DnD never told her about the "madness" thing until literally this season so she never acted the part of a character turning mad by the season

her acting loving killed it this season though and almost sold the descent despite the lovely writing

afaik she is one of the actors who has read the books, so she shoulda known well ahead of time

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Moridin920 posted:

that's what the after show is for!!!!!

-thrones writers probably

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

baffling to me that any of the actors wouldn't just read the books lol

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

The dude who drinks euron is POTUS

:dadjoke:

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

hemale in pain posted:

I gotta be honest I think she's fine as Dany. poo poo as Sarah Connor though.

Just another thing Cersei was better at.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

E: I think the places mentioned are Asshai, which is where Melisandre is from and which is full of ghosts and demons and poo poo, and Yi Ti, of which we know nothing but is implied to be some kind of fantasy China.

No one can know what’s in Essos, man, it’s like, at least 10 hours away. And then come all the way back? What?!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Westerest is west of Westeros

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Westerus for the rest of us.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Now that I think about it the bells are a pretty good trigger for her anger because they would have been ringing back in the day when her whole extended family died and she had to leave her home forever.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

sweet thursday posted:

Westerest is west of Westeros

Now I want an East of West adaptation.

you can cunt off
May 5, 2019

by VideoGames

Amarcarts posted:

Now that I think about it the bells are a pretty good trigger for her anger because they would have been ringing back in the day when her whole extended family died and she had to leave her home forever.

she was born and lived in dragonstone not KL.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
The spoiler said something about the hound not being mentioned when talking about the kings council. Is he still alive that would own

edit- misunderstood i thought it meant his title in the council wasnt mentioned not that he wasnt in general

HugeGrossBurrito fucked around with this message at 21:24 on May 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Salisbury Snape posted:

I like tits and dragons.

We need more tits this season. Holding out for a gangbang in episode 6

reading my mind