Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The rear end Stooge posted:

Can someone post this map please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here's the first dubbed episode of Yokai Watch, if anyone's curious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnk-O5uQO5g

So apparently Nate there is supposed to be voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch? I refuse to believe that unless they used some audio manipulation because good grief.

Otherwise though, actually a good dub that makes me wanna buy the game once its released.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Astro Nut posted:

So apparently Nate there is supposed to be voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch? I refuse to believe that unless they used some audio manipulation because good grief.

Otherwise though, actually a good dub that makes me wanna buy the game once its released.

It's pretty close to his voice as Renton in Eureka 7. Guy has range, he's just typecast because that's how the industry works.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Tae posted:

It's pretty close to his voice as Renton in Eureka 7. Guy has range, he's just typecast because that's how the industry works.

I always like to trot out the Steve Blum anecdote that I got at a convention. Every time he gets a new role, he spends some time studying the character, watching a couple episodes of the source footage if it's a dub job, reading over scripts and story if not. With this information, he develops an idea of how this character will sound, and brings that concept out in his first take performance.

And then the director will come on his headset and say "Well, Steve, that was good...but can we get another take, this time more like Spike Spiegel, with a hint of Wolverine?"

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

mabels big day posted:

Let us know how it is.

It was alright. It seems like voice acting in kids' anime dubs is improving. Jibanyan's actor was doing a really good job with the Japanese cat-voice tic, where you replace n sounds with "nya", and Whisper has some kinda weird Tim Curry thing happening. There were places where they flew a little too close to the literal translation sun: Dismarelda, who makes people around her cranky and prone to arguing, had a gobi of "No Filter", which sounds weird as hell tacked onto the end of English sentences.

They covered surprisingly serious material for a kiddy pokemon clone show. Nathan had to negotiate with a youkai that was causing his parents to argue furiously with each other about petty things. Jibanyan was the ghost of a cat who got hit by a truck, and now he possesses people to force them to keep him company while they both wander out into the street so he can try to fight trucks.

Yeah, they whitewashed the nature of Youkai (Yo-Kai >_>), but it's less eregious than it could have been. They establish off the bat that Youkai are what humans commonly refer to as ghosts, spirits, or extra-dimensional beings. It's still a "we zapped the Shinto right out of this Shinto thing" explanation, but at least it wasn't a straight-up, "we're just funny monsters invented whole-cloth for this cartoon".

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

jivjov posted:

I always like to trot out the Steve Blum anecdote that I got at a convention. Every time he gets a new role, he spends some time studying the character, watching a couple episodes of the source footage if it's a dub job, reading over scripts and story if not. With this information, he develops an idea of how this character will sound, and brings that concept out in his first take performance.

And then the director will come on his headset and say "Well, Steve, that was good...but can we get another take, this time more like Spike Spiegel, with a hint of Wolverine?"

That's actually an anecdote about Nolan North that has been reattributed to Blum. There are multiple documented instances of North showing up and doing a well-thought out voice, and the director coming on and being like, "just do the Nathan Drake voice."

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.
Out of morbid curiosity, how large are your microSD cards for the N3DS units? I've got a large card that is trying its best to not be recognized by my system and want to see if there's a limit of how large the microSD can be to work properly in a N3DS. (That or I'm remembering bad information and get to go grab a smaller card tomorrow at the store.)

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Seiyal posted:

Out of morbid curiosity, how large are your microSD cards for the N3DS units? I've got a large card that is trying its best to not be recognized by my system and want to see if there's a limit of how large the microSD can be to work properly in a N3DS. (That or I'm remembering bad information and get to go grab a smaller card tomorrow at the store.)

IIRC you can use any capacity Micro SD card, but you'll have to reformat the bigger ones to FAT32.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Seiyal posted:

32GB is the max "supported" size. You can use SDXC cards IF you've formatted them to FAT32 away from it's original exFAT format that the 3DS does not and will not recognize.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Fuzz posted:

That's actually an anecdote about Nolan North that has been reattributed to Blum. There are multiple documented instances of North showing up and doing a well-thought out voice, and the director coming on and being like, "just do the Nathan Drake voice."

Blum himself told it to me; so maybe they've just had similar experiences?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe it was Nolan North in his most difficult role yet

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

muike posted:

I like it, but I've only played the PS2 version. It has one of the better Tales storylines and the main character actually has character development.

planetarial posted:

It's anime as hell, has a pretty love it or hate it cast, and some of the sidequests are incredibly easy to miss but I enjoyed the battle system, world, character development, and all the little secrets you can find.

Just depends on your taste I suppose.

In stupid nerd fashion I decided in the end to order it AND Project Mirai. I'm the guy traveling up east coast shutting out the world for anime love. Good times.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Kilometers Davis posted:

In stupid nerd fashion I decided in the end to order it AND Project Mirai. I'm the guy traveling up east coast shutting out the world for anime love. Good times.

This was a good decision.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

jivjov posted:

Blum himself told it to me; so maybe they've just had similar experiences?

Yeah, it's not uncommon for VAs get roped into doing one specific voice a lot of the time.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 7, 2015

Immer
Aug 11, 2009

It's what they were born for.
They serve no other purpose in life.
Keep doing what you're doing.

Seiyal posted:

I'm using a 64GB microSDXC; I used this guide to format it to FAT32. Hella easy!

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Kilometers Davis posted:

my man

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I just realized she was a baby version of the vocaloid pop star.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The term is chibi, thank you.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Shovel Knight DLC is the best 3DS game ever

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

deadly_pudding posted:

It was alright. It seems like voice acting in kids' anime dubs is improving. Jibanyan's actor was doing a really good job with the Japanese cat-voice tic, where you replace n sounds with "nya", and Whisper has some kinda weird Tim Curry thing happening. There were places where they flew a little too close to the literal translation sun: Dismarelda, who makes people around her cranky and prone to arguing, had a gobi of "No Filter", which sounds weird as hell tacked onto the end of English sentences.

Space Dandy had a really good dub imo, but it apparently was bankrolled by Cartoon Network to some extent so it's not surprising

African AIDS cum posted:

I'm not playing it on 3DS but yeah it's amazing, adds a LOT to the game, and is entirely free.

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Oct 7, 2015

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

African AIDS cum posted:

I have it on Wii U, but I concur. :D It's just so fun.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Ace Attorney 6 looking solid

(There's a new chibi robo trailer)

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Oh my god I'm so glad I preordered just to get the amiibo.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Kilometers Davis posted:

Oh you should've mentioned you had bad taste. You'll love Abyss then.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
On a lark, I started a Hero Mode play-through of A Link Between Worlds, which is the greatest game ever made. First dungeon down, and I'm really frustrated. Does it ever cross the line between infuriatingly difficult and incredibly rewarding?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Why... are 3DS trailers in HD?

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

SelenicMartian posted:

Why... are 3DS trailers in HD?

So that you don't have to suffer through horrendous compression artifacts.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

zfleeman posted:

On a lark, I started a Hero Mode play-through of A Link Between Worlds, which is the greatest game ever made. First dungeon down, and I'm really frustrated. Does it ever cross the line between infuriatingly difficult and incredibly rewarding?

No.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

zfleeman posted:

I wouldn't say incredibly rewarding but it gets more fun once you have enough hearts to survive from getting killed in one hit.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

When did Isabelle become a hipster bitch?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Seems it was WW Phantom Ganon instead, woops

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

glassyalabolas posted:

When did Isabelle become a hipster bitch?

By the time you left her shoulder all the work by quitting your job as mayor.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Rexroom posted:

I never left. I hired management company via Beautiful town ordinance.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Rexroom posted:

I always come back, eventually.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
I hate to say it, but I think Isabelle's positive attitude was just part of his job as secretary. She doesn't really like you.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I don't recall how much of this is new, but there's 48 screens of Project X Zone 2 up on that nintendoeverything site, with new character/villain reveals all over the place: http://nintendoeverything.com/new-project-x-zone-2-screenshots-and-art-showing-the-latest-characters/

quote:

A fresh set of Project X Zone 2 images have come in from Famitsu. The screenshots and art show Metal Face (Xenoblade), Tiki (Fire Emblem), Miles Edgeworth (Ace Attorney), Ryo (Shenmue), and more. Hit up the gallery below for today’s full set.
In addition to those names, M.Bison and Ingrid from the Street Fighter series, Ada Wong from RE, Pyron from Darkstalkers, and a couple other new characters I don't recognize are in there. There are also some returning characters shown off in there, including Estelle from Tales of Vesperia, T-Elos from the Xenosaga series, and Demitri from Darkstalkers, who previously got bumped from their pair units from the first game by other characters.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Oct 7, 2015

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Isabelle was always kind of a nightmare lady underneath, anyway. I get the feeling that most people never navigate that part of the menu, but there's a whole section of her dialogs where you ask her to deal with "problem citizens" who have offensive shirts or catchphrases. She'll tell you she's off to wash out their mouths with soap, or whatever.

Mean Isabelle is best Isabelle :smith:

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Besides the next Ace Attorney what are you guy excited about?

I'm curiously about Yokai Watch. I've been itching for a simple RPG and it looks like a cool Pokemon-ish game. I wonder if it has good streetpass poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The only thing I'm really interested in is SMT4 FINAL. I'm excited to see how that turns out, but I'm also looking at Project X Zone 2 and hoping against hope that they made it less tedious.