Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Well that explains the "Hey this kills fish, stupid" graphic. I wonder how many geniuses try to keep their fishtanks clean by pouring chlorine into it.

Dead fish picture means environmental pollutant/hazard. So obviously it's only optional in the USA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Mustached Demon posted:

Dead fish picture means environmental pollutant/hazard. So obviously it's only optional in the USA.

Specifically aquatic environments and only particularly nasty pollutants (category 1 out of 4). It's the don't dump it in the lake warning.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Pretty sure Scott Pruitt's gonna ban it.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Animal-Mother posted:

:shrug: Gotta' nuke something.

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

I've had this sign since the 80's, no idea where it came from.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

These loss.jpg edits are getting ridiculous.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

(Removed, accidentally quoted age old post)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

MattO posted:

I've had this sign since the 80's, no idea where it came from.

My guess is it came from a place where everyone has been completely ignorant of a danger of death since the 80s.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Say Nothing posted:

"Mah laser sights ain't working!"

At least this idiot's partner (range safety officer?) immediately spins the gun to point down range.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://i.imgur.com/WXrfIsG.mp4

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Baronjutter posted:

This guy is delightful
God drat this stupid bastard catching his jacob's sparkler. It's like my poor friend who had a big soldering iron and it tipped over so he caught it and ended up pretty much burning his palm off. Automatic reactions...

http://i.imgur.com/OwJF29l.mp4

CollegeCop
Jul 11, 2005

You're right. I'm not a real cop. Those are imaginary handcuffs. And in a minute, we'll be going to the make-believe jail.

Poldarn posted:

At least this idiot's partner (range safety officer?) immediately spins the gun to point down range.

I believe the idiot IS the range safety officer. It is the other guy's gun, and he noticed the laser wasn't working and called the RSO over.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

It's been awhile since my last tattoo, hmmm I'm thinkin like a trampstamp...

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Sue Eastside posted:

It's been awhile since my last tattoo, hmmm I'm thinkin like a trampstamp...

I would help pay for this tattoo

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Here's hoping none of those gain new meaning in the future, rip those who had biohazard tattoos

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Sentient Data posted:

Here's hoping none of those gain new meaning in the future, rip those who had biohazard tattoos

For everyone who doesn’t hang around gay bathhouses:

quote:

It has been adopted by many in the gay and HIV+ communities to identify people with HIV/AIDS to their potential sexual partners.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Sentient Data posted:

What happened to the biohazard symbol, other than the band?

e:nm.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

evil_bunnY posted:

I'm sure that'll be a great consolation to their 3YO

why even shoot yourself through a book in front of an infant, it's not like they are going to remember it

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://zippy.gfycat.com/HotWildAstrangiacoral.webm

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Hey, as long as it's been sanitized.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

someone on Reddit posted:

TIFU Stepping into an Acid Cloud

This actually happened several years ago. We had a problem with the scrubber on an hydrochloric acid (HCl) tank. The scrubber neutralizes fumes from the tank to allow expansion within the tank without leaking HCl fumes. For some reason it would go bad after 2-3 days and had to be replaced. The consequence was an acid cloud that would sink to the nearby road.

The person responsible was our health and safety manager, who for some reason would not fix it. He was not local, but would visit the plant once a month or so. The guys knew to stay away from the tank, but one day the wind was right and it blew the cloud to a more active area. One of the guys said it was like those gaseous clouds in Star Trek trying to chase him down.

So I confronted the health and safety manager, said someone would get hurt if they didn't fix it. He told me he'd fix it when he got to it so I told him I'd talk to his boss. He was 6'6, maybe 275# heavy weight lifter and an academy graduate, so he wasn't used to people threatening him in any manner. He got really mad but he did finally bring in an engineering firm to fix the problem. We fixed the scrubber again in the morning that they arrived, he asked me to show them the scrubber.

So I went to the walkway above the tanks, opened the door above the hydrochloric tank and stepped out. My lungs instantly froze when I began to breathe in the fumes. I turned around to waved my hands to try and stop the health and safety manager from going out since I couldn't talk as my lungs had seized, but he tried to go around me. I put my hands on his chest to try and stop him and he starts pushing me like I was trying to pick a fight. So I let him step out and stopped the 2 engineers from going out, who looked confused as to what was happening.

I'm bent over, wondering if this is how I die and the health and safety manager comes back in. He's right across from me with a scared look on his face, watching me. My lungs started to work after maybe a minute so I got behind him and patted him on the back to try and get his to work as well. Which they do and we both are coughing. I told him that was why I was so concerned about the situation. He gets a look on his face like he came to a realization and said oh, you were trying to stop me from going out there. I pointed out, did he really think I'd suddenly turn around and start a fight?

tl;dr Safety feature on an acid tank failed and I stepped into an acid cloud. Lungs seized for a while.

EDIT: Wow, more than doubled my post karma. I should do one about the time I almost died from breathing cyanide next :p.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
TIFU = Today I hosed Up?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

RyokoTK posted:

TIFU = Today I hosed Up?

Yeah, that and JustRolledIntoTheShop are two of the better Reddit pages for cautionary tales and :stonklol: material.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Lou Takki posted:

These loss.jpg edits are getting ridiculous.

A lot of times the chemical spill can be harder on the dead tree than on the dead fish

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Memento posted:

Yeah, that and JustRolledIntoTheShop are two of the better Reddit pages for cautionary tales and :stonklol: material.

Also DIWhy.

Which Is where I found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W5r7rrR_Mg&t=13s

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SniperWoreConverse posted:

A lot of times the chemical spill can be harder on the dead tree than on the dead fish

I interpreted as "This chemical will kill everything organic".

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

I'd say this isn't all that uncommon as I was once on the phone to a surgeon in the middle of a surgery.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Hexyflexy posted:

He's a pro engineer. Spotting where he's going to put the explosions in his video's has been a hobby of mine for years.

Yep. He has been doing these bits for ages now. (Watch the electric guitar one if you have not seen it.)

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

FCKGW posted:

Also DIWhy.

Which Is where I found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W5r7rrR_Mg&t=13s

I mean, it looks like he's succeeding at doing the wrong thing there. I doubt he hitched it up at the gas station.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVH7pytOBuc

How he not dead?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Cancer takes awhile

Anta
Mar 5, 2007

What a nice day for a gassing
It's survivorship bias, we only see the youtubers that survive for long enough to post the video.

When they start livestreaming these things, though.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Anta posted:

It's survivorship bias, we only see the youtubers that survive for long enough to post the video.

When they start livestreaming these things, though.

They mostly seem to die from cancer or suicide but we've also started seeing them get murdered by crazed fans
http://youtube.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Deceased_YouTubers

There was also that crazy Bjork fan who livestreamed his suicide, plus I think at least one other.
Edit: the Bjork guy was Ricardo López and it looks like he just recorded his suicide, it wasn't livestreamed. The footage is still out there though, some guys made a documentary about him and got hold of the tape.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jun 30, 2017

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Is the guy on the table watching the game too?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

ruddiger posted:

Is the guy on the table watching the game too?

He might be. He's not intubated, so he's not under a general or anything.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

They mostly seem to die from cancer or suicide but we've also started seeing them get murdered by crazed fans
http://youtube.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Deceased_YouTubers

There was also that crazy Bjork fan who livestreamed his suicide, plus I think at least one other.
Edit: the Bjork guy was Ricardo López and it looks like he just recorded his suicide, it wasn't livestreamed. The footage is still out there though, some guys made a documentary about him and got hold of the tape.

There are some really sad stories on there :(

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

hanales posted:

There are some really sad stories on there :(

Yeah JewWario one is pretty messed up in every way possible :smith:, thankfully they leave out the details on the page.

The_end
May 17, 2014

This is grounds to have all their licenses pulled and possible criminal charges pressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

The_end posted:

This is grounds to have all their licenses pulled and possible criminal charges pressed.

You're assuming they have medical licenses to pull.