Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Crow Jane posted:

I had a dude come up behind me while I was dancing with a friend and squeeze my tits so hard I actually yelped. Got him and his bros thrown out, not sure what someone with a popped collar was doing at a mod and soul night anyway.

Trying to get laid and not going for actually having a fun time

Donkay NOoo posted:

Pretty much every time I went to a night club I was touched inappropriately. It all seemed so cool pre-21..

I don't go out clubbing unless at least three or four other women are going with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pick posted:

once I got my rear end slapped by a professor from another university and I am not proud to say I just froze up because what the hell do you do under those circumstances??
I'm not a girl, but no one likes this poo poo when it actually happens to them. Two people have made unwanted sexual advances at me:

1. I didn't see her walk up and a girl at work grabbed my rear end hard, and I was so shocked that I just stood there for a second because I couldn't believe that someone was touching my rear end intentionally. I was like "did you just grab my butt?" and she smiled and walked away like she just did something sexy and spontaneous.
2. I was hanging out in a gay bar and this guy grabbed me and wrapped his arms around me, looked into my eyes and shoved his crotch into my pelvis and I was like "...I'm... straight..." and he got really shocked and apologized profusely and walked away skittishly.

The first was a lot more unnerving than the second because it was so unexpected and I wasn't attracted to the girl even slightly. The second was kind of weird but the guy was actually really attractive so it was slightly flattering, and more importantly it was obvious he thought he made a big mistake so after it happened I wasn't really bothered by it.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Yeah category 1 are the smug gropey people who think they're hot poo poo and have license to touch anybody they want. I don't go to super crowded clubs anymore, just bars p much specifically to avoid getting assaulted

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
With the professor, I honestly didn't want to sue him or get him fired or anything, what I really would have liked is just license to rake him over the coals for like 25 minutes about how and why that's a lovely thing to do and he's a lovely guy if he does it.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i cannot comprehend the mental leap to just running up and groping someone and thinking "yes, this seems like an acceptable course of action"

like tryin to divide by zero over here. returnin an error.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
Is it too late to talk about romancing Garrus?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

sword_man.gif posted:

i cannot comprehend the mental leap to just running up and groping someone and thinking "yes, this seems like an acceptable course of action"

like tryin to divide by zero over here. returnin an error.

Sometimes you gotta touch a titty

(This is a joke always ask before making hand to tit contact)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jenner posted:

it seems appropriate to the general "person ih high power position makes obxious sexual advances on underling" theme

emminou
May 25, 2006

Jenner posted:

you can post a thousand word essay about that in the feminism thread if you want :)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

emminou posted:

you can post a thousand word essay about that in the feminism thread if you want :)

excuse me motherfucker but they're talking about

*checks*

pacman now

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

VanSandman posted:

Sometimes you gotta touch a titty

(This is a joke always ask before making hand to tit contact)

Honestly I'd say this about any contact with anyone, you don't rip a person's hand out for a handshake, and anyone who immediately goes to hug you without the gesture that you want to hug them isn't very polite either.

Also anyone who says consent isn't sexy hasn't framed it right, there is nothing sexier than your partner asking you for something they want or asking you if you'd want something when worded right, because mutual is always way more satisfying.

Pick posted:

*checks*

pacman now

I like this thread, its chill and surprisingly unshitty for GBS 2.1

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

*checks*

pacman now

It's awful.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Pick posted:

*checks*

pacman now

I thought you were joking

but no

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Espy posted:

Honestly I'd say this about any contact with anyone, you don't rip a person's hand out for a handshake, and anyone who immediately goes to hug you without the gesture that you want to hug them isn't very polite either.

HUG CHICKEN

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Pick posted:

it seems appropriate to the general "person ih high power position makes obxious sexual advances on underling" theme

That's what I was thinking.

I know everyone is like, "Garrus is so kawaii" or whatever but I felt really awkward about it. TBH, I felt really awkward about almost all Mass Effect romances because it was all Superior Officer Abusing Rank stuff (as you mentioned.)

I think I only managed to stomach Liara because I got bugged into a relationship with her. (My Shep was just nice to her and she just showed up in her cabin on the way to Ilos, I need an adult.) Then they just kind of removed her from Shepard's authority so that made it a bit less weird/exploity.

Pick posted:

*checks*

pacman now

Ms. Packman is an amazingly good feminist icon because she can do the same thing as Pacman (her being a girl changes nothing about her) and I also think she made more money (as a game.)

Pick posted:

HUG CHICKEN

I love hugs and hugging/cuddling people, but I always make sure they want hugged/cuddled. This is okay, right? (Sometimes I approach hug-seekers with my arms out and then shift arms to a different hug-receiving position several times upon hug approach just to mess with them.)

Jenner fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Nov 20, 2013

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Pick posted:

HUG CHICKEN

Ahahahahaha oh my god I've seen this actually happen for several seconds.

Also this thread is like if you combined all the solitary women's interest threads together and made it real chill then added in normal goon stuff too because we are still all goons deep down that gotta talk about our Mass Effect romances

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Dolphin posted:

Humans lack functional vomeronasal organs.

Oh yeah? I remember in an animal behavior class doing some experiment about human pheromones. Shows how much I absorbed.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Jenner posted:

Mass Effect romances

video game romance is never not awkward because you're either told that you love a woman and the plot forces you to or it's actually the beep boop insert action receive sex scene poo poo without any natural growth or exploration

also they're written by nerds

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I fell in love... With my player character.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
Was anyone else all disappointed with the Mass Effect "THE SEX SCENE IS TOO SEXY MY GOD THINK OF THE CILDREN!" scene where it ended up being like just her rear end and half a side boob and that was all? I was seriously expecting at least some thrusting or something.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

sword_man.gif posted:

video game romance is never not awkward because you're either told that you love a woman and the plot forces you to or it's actually the beep boop insert action receive sex scene poo poo without any natural growth or exploration

They're better when you're not being projected onto the main character.

EspyShep owned though, was nice to everyone and did my job, also I had a big nose and small lips by game standards because goddamn Mass Effect gives women unreasonably large lips.

Women's Rights? posted:

Was anyone else all disappointed with the Mass Effect "THE SEX SCENE IS TOO SEXY MY GOD THINK OF THE CILDREN!" scene where it ended up being like just her rear end and half a side boob and that was all? I was seriously expecting at least some thrusting or something.

I mean at this point in my life of hedonism I just laugh at those people say that.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Romances in video games are terrible nerd bait and tend to just be a "want to gently caress? (Y/N)" option. If you want fantasy romance read a novel or some poo poo.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Espy posted:

They're better when you're not being projected onto the main character.

do any games like this actually exist though because i can't really think of any (then again i don't play many games with ~romance~ because it makes my scalp want to crawl into my skull from embarassment when the female character goes "you have solved my [character problem], let's make out and never stop")

emminou
May 25, 2006

Pick posted:

*checks*

pacman now

a very serious discussion about whether pacman is a gendered name, truly this is an important thing to talk about in the year 2013

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

emminou posted:

a very serious discussion about whether pacman is a gendered name, truly this is an important thing to talk about in the year 2013

I try not to take any thread's discussion seriously because it's dumb to care about, if people wanna talk about something, talk about it

sword_man.gif posted:

do any games like this actually exist though because i can't really think of any (then again i don't play many games with ~romance~ because it makes my scalp want to crawl into my skull from embarassment when the female character goes "you have solved my [character problem], let's make out and never stop")

Gone Home did sorta

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Sideboob is an art.

Wildlife Analysis posted:

Romances in video games are terrible nerd bait and tend to just be a "want to gently caress? (Y/N)" option. If you want fantasy romance read a novel or some poo poo.

I wish Tokimeki Memorial was that easy, instead I have to grind stats and go on dates with them and their friends or they'll gossip about me and I can't get with any of them. (gently caress you Shiori! :argh:)

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Harvest Moon taught me if I give the non-conforming girl a ton of berries she'll love me

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Underboob: better than sideboob?

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

when I watched Ratatouille I was like ***spoilers*** whats so great about a baked vegetable dish. then I made a similar dish irl and it really is mind blowingly delicious

emminou
May 25, 2006

read vc andrews,

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Espy posted:

Harvest Moon taught me if I give the non-conforming girl a ton of berries she'll love me

I learned cuckoo clocks are a shortcut to marriage.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

sword_man.gif posted:

This is gonna sound weirdness but I actually kinda like how the ~romances~ are in Fire Emblem Awakening. You make whatever characters you want spend time together, and they have conversations, and if you have enough conversations they get married and have a kid. Some of them are lolwacky but I've played the game about 80 million times so I've seen all of the conversations and most of them aren't too cringe worthy.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

Espy posted:

Picking up your chickens and putting them back down again also makes them love you.
(same with your dog and ducks.)

But you gotta use your brush on your cows/sheep/goats/horses.

But you can't use your brush on your girlfriend and why not? Chicks love make-overs right? We can like do our nails together and talk about farm life.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

VanSandman posted:

I learned cuckoo clocks are a shortcut to marriage.

You're going to have to deal with all those cuckoo clocks hanging in your bedroom afterwards, hope you're happy

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

VanSandman posted:

Underboob: better than sideboob?

way better because underboob is harder to pull off. Any girl can get sideboob going, but for a good underboob you really have to have some rockin tits to start with

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Women's Rights? posted:

Fire Emblem Awakening.

true fe:a wasn't too terrible unless you wanted to recruit nowi's daughter at which point urgh

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Women's Rights? posted:

way better because underboob is harder to pull off. Any girl can get sideboob going, but for a good underboob you really have to have some rockin tits to start with

You can cheat it with those specific tops designed for maximizing underboob

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Donkay NOoo posted:

when I watched Ratatouille I was like ***spoilers*** whats so great about a baked vegetable dish. then I made a similar dish irl and it really is mind blowingly delicious

Baked vegetables are great. I personally love green bean casserole during the holidays.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Baked vegetables are great. I personally love green bean casserole during the holidays.

mine is even better than that. all varied and sweet (no i didnt put in sugar u booger) and flavorful and baked. like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

sword_man.gif posted:

true fe:a wasn't too terrible unless you wanted to recruit nowi's daughter at which point urgh

I always paired her with Ricken because otherwise it just feels creepy as poo poo

• Locked thread