Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Every now and again I announce to my tiny office that I just finished "A PERFECT PHONE CALL."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Actually, I take that back: Calling it MAGAA is a genius move because now every chud will have to buy a new hat or look like an rear end in a top hat to the other chuds

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

And each time he runs again he will just add another A until the logo just screams MAGAAAAAAaaaaaaaa

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Amazing turn of events

serious gaylord posted:

It looks like all the devices infected with apps that hook into facebook and harvest data are now effectively ddossing the internet as they repeatedly bombard the servers trying to connect to home base.

Yer grans candy crush game is bringing down the world.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

learnincurve posted:

Amazing turn of events

Now that's funny

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I’m hoping FB’s DNS is fried due to a deadman’s switch that Dan Kaminsky (RIP) put in there.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

learnincurve posted:

Amazing turn of events

Yeah, some people have noticed that Twitter is even starting to have issues due to the load.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

learnincurve posted:

Amazing turn of events

oh my god I’m so close

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Duck and Cover posted:

Okay question time at what point does it go from being censored to just a dick drawing? I need answers fuckit I'm making a thread to discuss this.

Edit: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3981141

I just saw the thumbnail and didn't realize that it was censored, I just assumed that the artist chose to render Him with an inky black dick that absorbs all light.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

learnincurve posted:

Amazing turn of events

This is absolutely incredible. I'm in love with today

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

priznat posted:

https://twitter.com/kept_simple/status/1445121131690790918

Holy poo poo :lmao:

But where will they complain about it!!?

Lmao

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I don't know who's more pathetic.

The murse inexplicably doing the Running Man at the beginning before retreating into the van

Or the worthless dipshit cop who just kind of stands there and watches a fellow neo-Nazi chud commit vandalism of public property in broad daylight, then acts bewildered like there's nothing he could have done.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

I know we don’t have all the information but I highly doubt this was an accident.

Anyone with the power to go anywhere near these settings must have a pretty heavy salary.

Somebody got real mad lol

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Have they blamed China/Russia/Iran/NorKo/Talib/Antifa yet?

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Hazo posted:

I don't know who's more pathetic.

The murse inexplicably doing the Running Man at the beginning before retreating into the van

Or the worthless dipshit cop who just kind of stands there and watches a fellow neo-Nazi chud commit vandalism of public property in broad daylight, then acts bewildered like there's nothing he could have done.

I'm fond of the two kids who nearly get hooked in the head by the falling EZ-Up several times while their, I assume, parent is just standing there pulling at it and not even trying to get them out of the way.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

learnincurve posted:

Amazing turn of events

as much as I love this, how does that work? Wouldn't they just be trying to connect to fb servers? how does this affect the rest of the internet?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Zil posted:

Yeah, some people have noticed that Twitter is even starting to have issues due to the load.

Yeah my LinkedIn is having some major issues lmao

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

kupachek posted:

The video shot on the lawn with the one idjit running back and forth with his flag before he gets beaten?
I have it somewhere, will dig it out for you.
would help if you set your inbox to allow me to PM it though
It was on a street at night, but I'll take what I can get. PMs are set up.

eta:
Oh wow, this means I will have lost a lot of memories and photos but also lol. (I used Facebook to keep in touch with a lot of friends and family)

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Lol that goon who predicted Trump would die on Halloween might be right. America's arch-tulpa is weakening and dying, and the psychic backlash is disintegrating the globe-spanning arcane formula that was his source of power.

This is basically the last act of a SMT game and I am all for it :lol:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Strong Sauce posted:

ffs, facebook is not gone. these people need to stop pretending like they know what's going on... sorry but its just a hilariously bad router config nothing else.

obviously now that i've said this something dumb will happen and it will turn out to be some random dude at a datacenter. but until that happens... this is not facebook being wiped out.

https://twitter.com/jason_koebler/status/1445125001322004482?s=21

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

SOMEBODY INVESTIGATE 311

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

3/11 Nevre forget!

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

haljordan posted:

SOMEBODY INVESTIGATE 311

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYBIRHi5-o8

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

spunkshui posted:

I know we don’t have all the information but I highly doubt this was an accident.

Anyone with the power to go anywhere near these settings must have a pretty heavy salary.

Somebody got real mad lol

yes it was most likely an accident, and no you don't need a heavy salary. probably just some underpaid IT worker missed a character in a config file that dropped facebook from BGP and all the automated systems just picked it up and propagated it.

if you're wondering, "gee that sounds incredibly prone to errors"... welcome to how the entire world economy is built upon.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

kupachek posted:

For the Trickiest of Biscuits. Has audio.

https://i.imgur.com/6gfjpLQ.mp4

THIS IS IT! God, I will spend the rest of my life trying to recreate the dopamine surge I just experienced! Thank you!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

yes it was most likely an accident, and no you don't need a heavy salary. probably just some underpaid IT worker missed a character in a config file that dropped facebook from BGP and all the automated systems just picked it up and propagated it.

if you're wondering, "gee that sounds incredibly prone to errors"... welcome to how the entire world economy is built upon.

every place i've ever worked has had at least one application from the stone age that was built by some guy who died 25 years ago and if the device ever lost power all hell would break loose lol

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

praying as hard today as I was a year ago when turnip got covid

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

haljordan posted:

every place i've ever worked has had at least one application from the stone age that was built by some guy who died 25 years ago and if the device ever lost power all hell would break loose lol

APOCALYPSE NOW

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

TotalLossBrain posted:

every Death Star has its small port hole.

CERN - disabled because a birb dropped a baguette - hon hon hon! - into some open grating

Facebook - offline because of a single mad intern loving with the routing tables

Trimp campaign - idk, something clever about Donnie's hideous maw

That one rear end in a top hat that only made two posts in the coupons subsubforum, then added 7000 goons to his block list, and brought down the entire forums lol

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Minicurve tells me that the pokemon go players that have their log in linked to Facebook are about to riot.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

lmao cops just standing there, and not protecting and serving. Guess we must give them even more money.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

thunderspanks posted:

as much as I love this, how does that work? Wouldn't they just be trying to connect to fb servers? how does this affect the rest of the internet?

I imagine if you had a website that was trying to load content from FB, it would just stall out while waiting. But some sites don't handle that well, so you'd be sitting there waiting. Doubt it would actually affect the host of the site, just your access to it.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

ProperCoochie posted:

That one rear end in a top hat that only made two posts in the coupons subsubforum, then added 7000 goons to his block list, and brought down the entire forums lol

loving lol, I forgot about that.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Strong Sauce posted:

lol yup it could be literally a fresh out of college kid's first deployment to production, with some incredibly minor typo that happens to cause a cascading failure. happens all the time. LOL!!!!!

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1445129390090821643

Their research!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

ProperCoochie posted:

Facebook users posted huge.Jpeg

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

CitizenKain posted:

I imagine if you had a website that was trying to load content from FB, it would just stall out while waiting. But some sites don't handle that well, so you'd be sitting there waiting. Doubt it would actually affect the host of the site, just your access to it.

oh wow ok, now I get it.
yikesaroo

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

goatface posted:

Have they blamed China/Russia/Iran/NorKo/Talib/Antifa yet?

They're trying but don't have anywhere to do it!

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
it was that whistleblower lady from yesterday back for revenge!!!@

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

I wish Vegas was still mobbed up, at least for this