Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Kesper North posted:

Any thoughts on the Arbiter-class battlecruiser? I'm seriously considering getting it for the Emergency Weapon Cycle trait now that I've finished grinding Reciprocity in the Phantom, and much as I have enjoyed the Eclipse I'm interested in trying a different Fed cruiser for a while.

I'd be particularly interested in suggestions for boff layouts. I know two tac teams and two FAWs, but I don't know what the current meta is for eng/sci/intel. (Are any of the intel boff powers worth having?)

The ship is ok, the trait is great.

OSS is the intel power, for eng/sci I think you'll likely get some conflicting advice, as personal preference and play style can affect those, unlike the pretty standard tactical layouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Kesper North posted:

Any thoughts on the Arbiter-class battlecruiser? I'm seriously considering getting it for the Emergency Weapon Cycle trait now that I've finished grinding Reciprocity in the Phantom, and much as I have enjoyed the Eclipse I'm interested in trying a different Fed cruiser for a while.

I'd be particularly interested in suggestions for boff layouts. I know two tac teams and two FAWs, but I don't know what the current meta is for eng/sci/intel. (Are any of the intel boff powers worth having?)
As someone who enjoyed the Avenger's stats, the Arbiter is just a plain better version of it. And the Fleet version more so atop that. Emergency Weapon Cycle works well for EPW3, with OSS 1 or 2. With that, BFaW3 (and 1 or 2), four Spire consoles, and a few more things here and there, it can be a rather swell damage-spewer.

Lorak fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Dec 19, 2015

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

A little bit of solidarity goes a long way.
Found a good sound track for the Wesley party

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1K_2u71AILJf0Trba9HZgchij2YDKIsu

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I am surprised they don't all select that title.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
That pun :geno:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Lorak posted:

As someone who enjoyed the Avenger's stats, the Arbiter is just a plain better version of it. And the Fleet version more so atop that. Emergency Weapon Cycle works well for EPW3, with OSS 1 & 2. With that, BFaW3, four Spire consoles, and a few more things here and there, it can be a rather swell damage-spewer.

Yeah, I've run a couple of STFs in it so far, and I really like it! I've been running:

Ensign Tactical: Tactical Team I
LTMCDR Universal: Tactical Team I, FAW II, APO I
LTCMDR Intel/Tactical: OSS I, FAW II, APB II
CMDR Engineering: EPS I, Reverse Shield Polarity I, EPW 3, Directed Energy Modulation 3
LT Science: Hazard Emitters I, Energy Siphon I

Do you think having OSS 1 and 2 would be preferable to having a second copy of FAW? I'd thought having two copies of FAW running constantly was supposed to be the thing to do. I guess I could drop APO and APB and replace them with FAW IIIs, what do you think?

I'm running it with the Iconian three-piece (working on dailies for the shield), Borg two-piece (Assimilated Module and cutting beam), plasmonic leech, four spire consoles, and the Embassy science console.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

DancingShade posted:

Log in for 5 minutes every day during events to do the daily activity for free event ships that you'll never fly. It's what I do! :v:

The daily gives 40 vouchers how am I supposed to get 1000?

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012

Baron Porkface posted:

The daily gives 40 vouchers how am I supposed to get 1000?

Do it every day for 25 days.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is that the only way? sounds like i'm Sol, as is everyone who is gone for Christmas...

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Yes, that is the only way.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

You can always pry open your wallet and pay for the holiday ship with lobi...

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Baron Porkface posted:

Is that the only way? sounds like i'm Sol, as is everyone who is gone for Christmas...

Welcome to appointment based gaming!

You know what STO is missing? There are nowhere enough Enterprises being destroyed in missions.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

DancingShade posted:

You know what STO is missing? There are nowhere enough Enterprises being destroyed in missions.

The Enterprise isn't destroyed in game because that would completely break the playerbase.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Mondian posted:

Hey all you nerds that submitted screenshot stuff, go post them in the official forums thread.

My account is too new to post links. In lieu of that, I've posted a very happy short story.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Dick Bass posted:

The Enterprise isn't destroyed in game because that would completely break the playerbase.

The Enterprise-E got destroyed offscreen before the game started.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Bass posted:

The playerbase is way more broken that that already.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
A torpedo system that shoots exploding enterprises.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Baron Porkface posted:

The event runs for 44 days all up, so there's a bit of leeway. But yeah, if you miss it you're SoL. Although you can get two ships next year with an alt.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

MikeJF posted:

The event runs for 44 days all up, so there's a bit of leeway. But yeah, if you miss it you're SoL. Although you can get two ships next year with an alt.

Didn't they say this year this ship was one time only?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

wdarkk posted:

Didn't they say this year this ship was one time only?

Yeah, they said the project will expire at the end of the event.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Which sucks since I would like to get some of the ships I missed and there is literally no reason for them not to make this possible somehow.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Morglon posted:

Which sucks since I would like to get some of the ships I missed and there is literally no reason for them not to make this possible somehow.

~~~~Exclusivity~~~~

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
The great oracle was consulted about xean.

This was its message:

"Xeans inevitable columbine cosplay / rp community where we will rp and help each other out."

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Morglon posted:

"Geko and Borticus are a colossal sperglord."

Well, that and a side of "we really have to keep our login numbers up at all costs you so will grind this now or else".

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Literally no reason.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Kesper North posted:

Yeah, I've run a couple of STFs in it so far, and I really like it! I've been running:

Ensign Tactical: Tactical Team I
LTMCDR Universal: Tactical Team I, FAW II, APO I
LTCMDR Intel/Tactical: OSS I, FAW II, APB II
CMDR Engineering: EPS I, Reverse Shield Polarity I, EPW 3, Directed Energy Modulation 3
LT Science: Hazard Emitters I, Energy Siphon I

Do you think having OSS 1 and 2 would be preferable to having a second copy of FAW? I'd thought having two copies of FAW running constantly was supposed to be the thing to do. I guess I could drop APO and APB and replace them with FAW IIIs, what do you think?

I'm running it with the Iconian three-piece (working on dailies for the shield), Borg two-piece (Assimilated Module and cutting beam), plasmonic leech, four spire consoles, and the Embassy science console.

Yeah, two copies of FaW are preferred. I meant more along the lines of you having the choice of which OSS to take.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I posted my fiction and it said "your comment will appear after it is approved." Is that normal?

Hail Mr. Satan! fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 19, 2015

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Today, a debt has been paid. Troika has found a way to reimburse the marks he stole from me. <3

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Technical Analysis posted:

Today, a debt has been paid. Troika has found a way to reimburse the marks he stole from me. <3

Did you get interest marks also?

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
As a matter of fact, yes.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

electrumleopard posted:

Several times this year I've felt like I wanted to make a rant post. Recently something happened that I felt like I just had to make one.

Earlier today was the Shut Up wesley Christmas Giveaway. I had made a Costume thinking it was good enough to win me a Annorax Dreadnaught. I waited for hours for the event for my costume to come up. Investing a lot of emotional energy in fooling myself into thinking that my creative efforts were good enough to get that silly ship. There was a feeling of excitement in watching other people win their prizes thinking I was going to be one of those people. Didn't care about anything else they bundled with it. Just wanted a Annorax for my main. I don't think I lasted 20 seconds on that bridge before they kicked me to make room for other contestants. I didn't care about the other events. I logged off after I got kicked out. Let myself destress before I made this post.

Maybe it's just me and I need to take a break from this game for a while. Maybe look around for other online experiences that feel more rewarding for my time and money.

Onto my personal favorite part of any Wesley giveaway event: the sore losers. This is only a third of the entire post, mind you. He had to de-stress after losing a costume contest.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Does anyone know what costume he was?

Also Mondian sweetie, could you mail my PlasLeech to @theballocaust for the fanfic contest? <3

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I hope someone is uploading videos and images of all the poo poo that happened for those of us that weren't able to attend. :(

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Yeah I had to work this year and missed it. Would love to see some screencaps though.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Does anyone know what costume he was?

Also Mondian sweetie, could you mail my PlasLeech to @theballocaust for the fanfic contest? <3

Done

Aleth posted:

I hope someone is uploading videos and images of all the poo poo that happened for those of us that weren't able to attend. :(

Of all the dumb poo poo people were shouting in mumble, no one managed to shout "HEY LESH RESTART THE STREAM AFTER TOGGLING THE OPTION TO SAVE IT"

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Total incompetence on all levels is a cherished goon tradition.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Noticing my two copies of FAW share the same cooldown. Do you need to use mixed levels to prevent that? i.e. FAW II and FAW III instead of two copies of FAW II.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Tunicate posted:

Total incompetence on all levels is a cherished goon tradition.

It's how we lost Delve.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Kesper North posted:

Noticing my two copies of FAW share the same cooldown. Do you need to use mixed levels to prevent that? i.e. FAW II and FAW III instead of two copies of FAW II.

They don't have the same cooldown, they have a 20 second shared cooldown. If you have anything that reduces cooldown it'll look like they're sharing a 20 second cooldown though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Kesper North posted:

They share a global cooldown, but they shouldn't be identical unless you accidentally put the same power on your bar twice instead of one of each. Or your reciprocity procs often enough to equalize their cooldowns, in which case you should replace one.

• Locked thread