Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Jusupov posted:

EU and US got a different challenge rift, the EU one is more difficult with a lovely build

That diablo you get at 1000 kills sure doesn't gently caress around. I'd just cleared a 109 solo and any attack he did in a 2 player game one-shot me with all the mitigation up.

Was he scaled to GR109? What did he drop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

bamhand posted:

Was he scaled to GR109? What did he drop?

He was just in a t16 cow. Dropped like a normal rift guardian. Doesn't give even any transmog

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

GR110 at 729 paragon and no augments. I'm thinking Crusaders might be kinda OP.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
how do you folks have paragon 700 already?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

eric ciaramella posted:

how do you folks have paragon 700 already?

They come pretty quick if you're actively playing and at higher torments. You get 5 at least just from a GR run.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah, I was gonna say, I'm at like 550 and I haven't even really been trying. A GR85 is still like five to six levels per just from the completion bonus.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What do you guys get your paper doll toughness up to. Or do you not even ever look at that

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

euphronius posted:

What do you guys get your paper doll toughness up to. Or do you not even ever look at that

Toughness is so dependent on the class and the specific items you're wearing that it's useless as a guide other than "I cleared GR85 with 100 million Stay Tuff points." Many defensive items won't even see their DR reflected on the paper doll value. For most builds you get some native DR from your class set and from there you usually need a combination of 1-2 additional items to hang in T16, those being the usual suspects like Aquila, Unity, Endless Walk, bracer/belts, Captain Crimson, etc. Unless of course you're a YOLOmancer in which case you say eff all that and try to survive long enough to spam LotD.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

exquisite tea posted:

GR110 at 729 paragon and no augments. I'm thinking Crusaders might be kinda OP.

What build are you running. Got my crusader powered up yesterday and am gonna start getting it gear and stuff tonight.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

euphronius posted:

More damage.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Guilty posted:

More damage.

The real answer right here. They can't kill you if you kill them first.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Just channel gold farming so hard you wrap around to zero (this seems new to me)

Just finished the season journey and got to high 90s in GRs. Pretty drat fast for barb - last time I went HOTA and it took a while to get geared up.

stuxracer fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Nov 24, 2019

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I got my fifth piece of Patterns the last run I could do before heading to work this morning. Had RoRG already and had switched to Patterns at 3 pieces even already having Raiment completed because it's much more fun, I could swing up a Torment level, and wasn't constantly running out of energy.

Highly looking forward to how ridiculous it's going to be now even though I've got to temporarily drop the ancient mantle of channeling.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

fknlo posted:

What build are you running. Got my crusader powered up yesterday and am gonna start getting it gear and stuff tonight.

It's just Holy Shotgun with the new set. I think the only thing unorthodox about my build is that I've been mainhanding In-Geom in the place of Darklight or Fate of the Fell. Profile here.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

exquisite tea posted:

It's just Holy Shotgun with the new set. I think the only thing unorthodox about my build is that I've been mainhanding In-Geom in the place of Darklight or Fate of the Fell. Profile here.

The top solo crusader has done the same. Even I'm doing the same.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Wow, and all this time I thought I was being cool and original. Shameful.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
We have invented nothing.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Finally, got my free 6 piece together. Necro eat my rear end. should have rolled barb.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

exquisite tea posted:

I'm still enjoying old Rolands + sweep attack, have never used that before - it's good, brainless fun.

Probably about time to try out the shiny new gold armour though.

I'm guessing the cubed stone gloves are because this uses too much wrath to work with Aquilla for defence (and there's no ring space for unity), but if I'm reading that right it stacks to 75% move speed reduction. Isn't that kind of horrible to play?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I think Akkarat and Iron Skin both prevent the slow from occurring.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
0 to GR 70 in five hours, God I love the new LoN gem

Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

My Nephalem Rift spawned Roach Cult mobs in The Weeping Hollow. Hit 1,000 massacre streak right as the Rift Guardian Spawns. Proceeded to get corpse camped for two minutes because Retro Diablo one shots me with just an auto attack.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Not even death can save you from me.

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011
Haven’t played in awhile but decided I had the itch and I’m playing Wizard for the first time. Finished Tal set last night and oh boy, I don’t even know where most of the spells are coming from, it’s just a mess of meteors everywhere.

My toughness hasn’t kept up with my damage and currently everything on screen explodes before it damages me or I get near one shot, but I’ve done no stat rolling yet and I’m missing some rings I think.

I still want to go for a D2 style frozen orb build, but I’ve been pleasantly surprised with Tals so far, would recommend if anyone is on the fence.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I decided to play wiz this season too even though I generally hate them. Tal's is the only set that seems cool and I've never given it a real shot, so makes sense this season with the gift. I always have played them as a 2nd or 3rd character in the season and never want to muster the effort to get all the right items and eventually quit before then.

So far, it's ok :geno: but still need quite a few supporting things.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Gamble for Nilfur's boots as your first item. That'll immediately bump you up a bunch of torment levels so you can find the rest of the stuff faster.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Can barbs get perma uptime on wrath of the berserker?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yes. Easily

You want the obsidian ring of the zodiac and cooldown reduction on gear. There is a passive to reduce cooldown by 30s as well

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
If you are WW build you can equip a Zodiac ring and it will refresh the cooldown way before the buff expires so yes.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Is the season-journey set for Monk a new set? I can't remember the name, but it's based around dashing strike and any spirit generator. It's got tons of room for customization, and is so drat fun. I only just finished the journey and completed the set and am pushing T7 comfortable, working the Slayer track. I found a Gundo-Gear bracer fairly soon after completing the set, so I've got an Exploding Palm build that keeps restoring my spirit, which means more dashing and smashing. Anyone else play this version of the Monkey? Any other gear I should look out for?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

chaosapiant posted:

Is the season-journey set for Monk a new set? I can't remember the name, but it's based around dashing strike and any spirit generator. It's got tons of room for customization, and is so drat fun. I only just finished the journey and completed the set and am pushing T7 comfortable, working the Slayer track. I found a Gundo-Gear bracer fairly soon after completing the set, so I've got an Exploding Palm build that keeps restoring my spirit, which means more dashing and smashing. Anyone else play this version of the Monkey? Any other gear I should look out for?

It's not new. The "best" build for it involves the set fist weapons and you just concentrate on punching people with your generator ability. Dashing strike is just for the dash/damage buff. You want items that buff your generator damage like the Simplicity Gem, and Depth Digger pants.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

bamhand posted:

It's not new. The "best" build for it involves the set fist weapons and you just concentrate on punching people with your generator ability. Dashing strike is just for the dash/damage buff.

Is there a best-in-slot generator to use, or can I use whatever to my liking?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Hundred Fists with the rune that gives you % damage boost per enemy hit and then either Mangle or Tsunami w/Sweeping Strike (I think that's the name?) are the top choices. But it doesn't matter too much, you can just pick what's fun and only use one. If you don't want to deal with juggling.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

bamhand posted:

Hundred Fists with the rune that gives you % damage boost per enemy hit and then either Mangle or Tsunami w/Sweeping Strike (I think that's the name?) are the top choices. But it doesn't matter too much, you can just pick what's fun and only use one. If you don't want to deal with juggling.

I'll play around. The damage bonus on Dashing Strike makes it seem like that's the crux of the build, so I've been focusing on spirit generation so I can DashSmash every Elite, and it's working. For single target damage, nothing beats it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Out of curiosity, is it pre-determined which set pieces you get from Haedrig's Gift?

So far I'm at 4/6 Tal Rasha and it's been pretty fun. I'm not using the recommended build for it quite yet because so far Disintegrate is still so effective for me as a fresh 70, but I'm still dropping meteors all over the place and it's pretty cool. It helps that I'm also using a lot of AP cost reduction/regen stuff (the arcane damage + AP regen familiar, Power of the Storm rune on Storm Armor) so I can channel Disintegrate without really dropping arcane power much and keep the 50% damage reduction legendary effect that I stuffed into Kanai's Cube.

Looking forward to getting the last two pieces, though, because it looks like that gives you a... let's say significant damage boost.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Harrow posted:

Out of curiosity, is it pre-determined which set pieces you get from Haedrig's Gift?

So far I'm at 4/6 Tal Rasha and it's been pretty fun. I'm not using the recommended build for it quite yet because so far Disintegrate is still so effective for me as a fresh 70, but I'm still dropping meteors all over the place and it's pretty cool. It helps that I'm also using a lot of AP cost reduction/regen stuff (the arcane damage + AP regen familiar, Power of the Storm rune on Storm Armor) so I can channel Disintegrate without really dropping arcane power much and keep the 50% damage reduction legendary effect that I stuffed into Kanai's Cube.

Looking forward to getting the last two pieces, though, because it looks like that gives you a... let's say significant damage boost.

It gives all 7 eventually.

The part about this set that sucks is getting deathwish. There's a billion 1h swords when upgrading rares.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
got situated this weekend, got my barb up, did a 95 GR last night... WW build is so much more fun than HOTA was, i'm highly enjoying the wastes build with the rend. I'm running a rorg and have wastes/captain crimson's going at the moment and stacking CDR almost feels like cheating, wrath is always up, and running flavor of time makes a GR trivial after getting one or two pylon hits.

Thankfully I haven't hit 1000 kills on kill streak, i'll be sure to watch that poo poo, I've hit high 8s on a cow level, but I haven't gone past that and i'm playing hardcore this season, that's terrifying to think you'd spawn a diablo in at the wrong time and either die immediately or instantly proc a nerves of steel.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/AwwYiss-1894/hero/116277095

if anyone's interested in seeing what i'm running, and i'll gladly take any feedback in what I could/should probably focus on next. i'm -trying- to ancient out my pieces but i've been having poo poo luck.

iNteg fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 25, 2019

deaf jesus
Feb 19, 2004
hear no evil
been awhile since played. Is there any quick way to get from 0-70 or just run through story mode?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

deaf jesus posted:

been awhile since played. Is there any quick way to get from 0-70 or just run through story mode?

Ask someone to run some t6 rifts for you while you sit at the start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Get a seasonal character and do adventure mode. Beg for a power level