Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

i am normally in favor of just pretending the obviously fake stories are real because it's more fun, but in this case....yeaaaah like a huge MRA talking point is "male rape victims are treated worse and less seriously than female rape victims" (generally true) and this particular post sounds like an attempt to make up the most evil :females: possible and get a lot of upvotes from the proud boys.

like when she says outright "yeah i just don't see him as a man any more, he's not macho" that is MRA incel crack because they're all concerned that women only like macho chads with no feelings. i think it's made up

Counterpoint; I believe this woman exists because I met someone like her once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Barudak posted:

Counterpoint; I believe this woman exists because I met someone like her once

And because of how people (men and women) are treating poor Terry Crews :smith:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for last-minute telling the parents I’m supposed to babysit for that I can no longer do the job?

Hey y’all. I’m pretty torn on this one. I babysat for this family one time before. 3 days ago, they asked if I could babysit on Valentines night. I said yes. Today, I got a text from the parents saying that their child got sent home from school for having a fever and vomiting. I was expecting them to cancel, but nope. I have a really important interview to do tomorrow and I have major events going on this weekend. I cannot afford to be sick for them, so I apologized profusely and told them I cannot babysit a sick child. Additionally, I work at a preschool, so I would also be risking passing the illness to 20 three year olds. AITA?

EDIT: holy guacamole this post got more attention than expected. Thanks for all of your opinions. Just wanted to clear something up: sorry for the confusing title. The parents informed me about the sickness a few hours before I was supposed to show up and I texted back my cancellation minutes later. I just felt really awful about ruining their Valentine’s Day and wanted to see what y’all thought. Thanks!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for last-minute telling the parents I’m supposed to babysit for that I can no longer do the job?

Hey y’all. I’m pretty torn on this one. I babysat for this family one time before. 3 days ago, they asked if I could babysit on Valentines night. I said yes. Today, I got a text from the parents saying that their child got sent home from school for having a fever and vomiting. I was expecting them to cancel, but nope. I have a really important interview to do tomorrow and I have major events going on this weekend. I cannot afford to be sick for them, so I apologized profusely and told them I cannot babysit a sick child. Additionally, I work at a preschool, so I would also be risking passing the illness to 20 three year olds. AITA?

EDIT: holy guacamole this post got more attention than expected. Thanks for all of your opinions. Just wanted to clear something up: sorry for the confusing title. The parents informed me about the sickness a few hours before I was supposed to show up and I texted back my cancellation minutes later. I just felt really awful about ruining their Valentine’s Day and wanted to see what y’all thought. Thanks!

As a parent who has had to cancel dates for this reason before, no you are not an rear end in a top hat for this, and the parents should be understanding. My usual babysitter is the grandparents, and if my kids have something I usually warn them and let them make the call. If I think it is warranted I will just cancel so as not to expose the elderly to something that could make them really sick.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

i am normally in favor of just pretending the obviously fake stories are real because it's more fun, but in this case....yeaaaah like a huge MRA talking point is "male rape victims are treated worse and less seriously than female rape victims" (generally true) and this particular post sounds like an attempt to make up the most evil :females: possible and get a lot of upvotes from the proud boys.

like when she says outright "yeah i just don't see him as a man any more, he's not macho" that is MRA incel crack because they're all concerned that women only like macho chads with no feelings. i think it's made up

So, you don't believe a rape survivor?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Danaru posted:

I dont really know how prenups work, but I'm scared to get one with my boyfriend because my "assets" are just massive debt. Incidentally, massive debt that I took on because my dad spent years trying to financially devastate my mother during and after the prenup-less divorce :frogdowns: Marriage, am I right?

Which part is scaring you?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

QuarkJets posted:

Which part is scaring you?

Basically I dont want my debt poo poo becoming a marriage asset or whatever and end up becoming his issue too if something happens to me. Again I really dont know how this works :v:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
It might be worth talking to a lawyer about if you're that concerned about it.

From what I've read pre-marriage debt usually just stays that person's debt, but a)I am absolutely not a lawyer, and b)these things have regional variations and people just usually talk about the most common way something works(which is why you talk to a lawyer who does know about any weird regional variations in the law).

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Danaru posted:

Basically I dont want my debt poo poo becoming a marriage asset or whatever and end up becoming his issue too if something happens to me. Again I really dont know how this works :v:

That can be spelled out explicitly in the prenup if you want. Marriage is what ties your finances together, the prenup is just an agreement describing how to untie them later if necessary. So you can spell out in the prenup that preexisting debts and assets belong to each individual (which is normal anyway)

Your spouse won't receive those debts unless you both really want them to. Debts incurred together (e.g. a car loan that you each cosign on) need to be dea with somehow if you divorce, and a prenup can help with that

E: I also am NAL talk to a real lawyer if you have concerns

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Feb 15, 2019

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Oh rad, we were planning on getting one anyway since we're mature enough to just see it as a legal nicety but I was always worried about accidentally screwing him over somehow

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Me (28F) with my husband (30M) - he never puts effort into doing things unless I ask, and is king of "I bought this for you for me."

quote:

Together three years, married six months. I figured we'd still be in the honeymoon phase.

My husband is bad at gift giving. But before everyone piles on - this isn't about receiving gifts. This is me asking how I can get him to put in EFFORT to make me feel valued.

I mention the gift thing because it's the most recent issue that makes me feel undervalued.

Examples:

* For my birthday, my husband got me a football jersey from his favorite team. I openly dislike football.

* For Christmas, my husband got me a t-shirt from a videogame I don't even play, but he does. I play plenty of games, he just chose one that I literally cannot play. (Overwatch gives me a massive headache due to an eye issue and all the jumping around)

* When he says he doesn't know what to give me or do for me, I give him lots of low budget ideas. Oh! I need a new travel mug! Here's a cute one for under ten dollars. Oh, I'd love a new pair of gloves! Mine have holes in them. It'd be so sweet if you picked out a pair, I love purple! Oh man, there's this movie I really really want to see, maybe you could take me some time for a date! I'll buy drinks after!

* Lately I've been working extra hours at work, and my husband is always home before I am. I've asked him several times to "pick a few things up" around the house before I'm home, letting him know that I've been super stressed and it would be so nice to not have to take care of extras when I'm done. I always come home to him on the computer and nothing touched.

I've even texted him in the middle of the day to ask what he's up to and he'll say something like "Cleaning like you asked between bouts of Heroes of the Storm!" But it's clear nothing has been picked up. He has different days off than me so he's literally home for a minimum of 8 hours without me around, and never gets things done because it's his day off.

On the flip side, I always take my day off to tidy up, meal prep and just generally make things nice. When he's stressed I try to do something a little extra, like pick up a donut on my way home from work. He always tells me how great it makes him feel and how he appreciates it.

I sit and watch football without playing on my phone because I know it's important to him. I'm a book nerd, but I play videogames with him for HOURS because I know that's what he likes best.

So Valentine's Day is coming up. I have openly communicated to him that I don't care if he spends zero dollars on me. It's our first Valentine's day as a married couple, and I want to at least do something. I've told him DIRECTLY TO HIS FACE that all I want is for him to pick an activity. I will pay, drive, do whatever if he just makes a PLAN.

This has come up in advance because I'm working on a cute gift for him. He and I used to be high school sweethearts, and I kept all the notes we passed and am turning them into a little book. I'm also getting him an Overwatch wallet. He saw me being secretive about a project and I told him it was his V-Day gift.

He went on to say how good I am at giving gifts (I knocked Christmas out of the park) and how bad he is. I doubled down on saying I don't care about a store bought gift, it just makes me feel so good when he puts in effort. And then I repeated all the things he could do: Make any sort of plan! Take me to this exact movie that I want to see! We've been talking about a day trip to City, let's go! Pick a place to go to dinner and I'll pay for it! Take me on a walk in some area that YOU choose! Clean the apartment without me having to ask you!

He tells me those are all good ideas, "But it's hard." I ask what is hard, and he says "buying gifts and picking stuff to do."

I don't know what else I can do, since I'm literally spelling it all out for him. I just want him to pick something and do it without me needing to take the wheel for the whole thing. Any advice on getting him to understand that I need to feel some sort of effort from him in this? I don't know how I can be more direct. I've LITERALLY said, "It would mean the absolute world to me if you just put some effort towards these things without me needing to ask you."

Also I'm not knocking playing videogames for 8 hours on your day off. Just, can't you do laundry or dishes in between? And he DOES get a lot of time to play during the week, at least 2-3 hours a night. No exaggeration.

EDIT: Since I caught some flack, let me highlight that I watch football every weekend with my husband, and play videogames with him each and every night. It's not that I'm refusing to enjoy the things he does.

EDIT 2: We did the whole "love languages" test in pre-marital counselling and found out we're both touchy people. We used to cuddle and watch shows, or just sit and talk. But now that he wants to game 90% of the time, I can't cuddle up to him while he's in a computer chair. Or hold hands while he's busy with the mouse and keyboard. Also the sex has dropped off, because if I say "come snuggle with me in the bedroom" he says it's really unsexy and that he wants foreplay, not me to flat out ask for sex. But I can't make out with him and cuddle when he's in a computer chair. I've tried sitting in his lap before and he'll usually say, "Babe I'm in the middle of Hearthstone."

EDIT 3: I do have my own hobbies and am out of the house at least three days a week either seeing friends or babysitting my nieces, etc. So when I'm home it hurts more to be like, "Oh, I was gone all day yesterday and you were on the computer. I'm home all day today and you're still on the computer."

TL;DR: I put in a lot of effort to make husband happy, especially for holidays and stressful times. I ask husband to do the same and instead he plays videogames or watches football for 10 hours a day. How do I get through?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Haifisch posted:

Me (28F) with my husband (30M) - he never puts effort into doing things unless I ask, and is king of "I bought this for you for me."

I know how the thread feels about ultimatums, but come on. This poor lady needs to sit her husband on the couch (I gather he’s probably already there), take one of his hands gently between hers, look deep into his eyes, and tell him, “If you buy me one more loving football jersey, I am going to divorce you. Now get up and clean the goddamn house like you promised you would, you slug.” Otherwise, that putz is going to end up standing on the curb with all his collectible beer mugs and poo poo stacked around him blinking confusedly at the Uber driver his ex-wife has summoned to get him off her property.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
If she's been with him 3 years she should know how loving lazy and disinterested in doing anything he is, unless this is new married behavior and I really doubt it.

Reading this thread makes it very difficult to find the will to date. I feel like I'd be ghosting people for the weirdest of things just because I'd get a Reddit flashback.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

empty sea posted:

If she's been with him 3 years she should know how loving lazy and disinterested in doing anything he is, unless this is new married behavior and I really doubt it.

Reading this thread makes it very difficult to find the will to date. I feel like I'd be ghosting people for the weirdest of things just because I'd get a Reddit flashback.

Use all the skills youve learned from this thread to be the worst partner you can possibly be.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Sagebrush posted:

This absolutely happens though. It’s ultimately still part of the patriarchy/toxic masculinity problem so there’s really no reason to treat it like it’s “just” an MRA thing.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Clark Nova posted:

Am I the only one who assumed the husband spread lizard poo poo on her pillow and underwear on purpose? Who could be dumb enough to put a soiled liner on their own bed accidentally?

Nah I thought that too. The same way that one husband used up his wife's super expensive, asian skincare body lotion to jerk off with. Or whatever it was. Men can be garbage crybaby assholes when they don't get their way, or are upset about some junk.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I tend not to jump to explanations of maliciousness when stupidity is an answer, I think dude just placed the liner there without even thinking about it because he's kind of dumb. Wife also alludes to him being dumb in a lot of other ways

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

christmas boots posted:

This absolutely happens though. It’s ultimately still part of the patriarchy/toxic masculinity problem so there’s really no reason to treat it like it’s “just” an MRA thing.

I feel like MRA types would associate male rape with being unmasculine. More specifically, they complain that male rape is taken less seriously while simultaneously taking it less seriously and perpetuating the kinds of attitudes that lead to lower reporting rates. So a story about a man with a cool exterior breaking down and crying, and then getting dumped, is not the kind of story that an MRA type would actually create, because they would have written the guy as a wuss the whole time

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Power Khan posted:

Happens when you take all the debuffs on character creation, just to get that AMAZING woman trait.

I prefer the bitter humour of the disabled: I'm so great, God had to nerf me.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

empty sea posted:

OP posted:

Before we got married he was much more attentive. No flowers or big gifts, but we'd generally get home after work, either make or go out for dinner and then come home to watch a show together. We'd spend that time talking and cuddling.

Now that we're married, he spends the majority of his time gaming on the computer and says that watching shows bores him. I game with him too, but if I play for three hours I want a break. He can just keep going.

We're not planning on kids, no worries there.

I will definitely be reminding him about Vday, I just wasn't sure if there was another script I could give him beyond "THIS IS IMPORTANT TO ME" that would make him understand. I just see him dropping the ball and being devastated by it.
So it sounds like he stopped putting in effort once he figured he had her locked in.

Or he just got corrupted by the siren song of video games.

OP posted:

The only thing I can think of is honestly the videogames.

Our usual routine used to be get off work, either go out to dinner or make dinner together, talk about our day and then maybe watch a movie or a couple TV shows (Parks & Rec, HIMYM, Archer). We did the whole love language thing and we're both touchy people, so cuddling and whatnot was really all I wanted.

Now that he has his own office for gaming, he's always in there when I come home and will race back there after dinner. I'll game with him, but you know we're in two separate computer chairs so there's no cuddling or hand holding.

I'll ask sometimes if he wants to watch a show like we used to, and sometimes he'll stay for one and then go back to gaming, or he'll tell me that shows don't hold his interest anymore.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

QuarkJets posted:

I feel like MRA types would associate male rape with being unmasculine. More specifically, they complain that male rape is taken less seriously while simultaneously taking it less seriously and perpetuating the kinds of attitudes that lead to lower reporting rates. So a story about a man with a cool exterior breaking down and crying, and then getting dumped, is not the kind of story that an MRA type would actually create, because they would have written the guy as a wuss the whole time

you would be wrong mra's are all about look at this thing that women have a priority / advantage in.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

snergle posted:

you would be wrong mra's are all about look at this thing that women have a priority / advantage in.

Oh they absolutely are that, I even said as much. But at the same time they deny that PTSD is even a thing and are perplexed at the concept of women going years or decades keeping a brave face after a rape (they accuse her of making it up), so the guy with a cool exterior who winds up breaking down later because of past rape trauma wouldn't even exist to them. That's the detail that I identified as being the reason that an MRA person probably didn't write it; it's too realistic and doesn't align with their preconceived notions

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Antivehicular posted:

I was halfway through and going to post "bet you anything the infidelity clause was his idea," and wham, straight-up vindication.

I will also never get tired of assholes who think that they're going to be the ones who can get away with draining mutual accounts/assets, because they deserve it, gosh darn it, and somehow this won't leave them a smoking crater in divorce court like every other idiot who's convinced they deserve it. Every loving time!

This is one of my favorite parts of my job as a bank investigator.

We report stuff to the feds and treat "hiding poo poo from divorce court" on the same level as "hiding poo poo from the tax collector" but I make sure to have the branch call the spouse and ask what was up with the $300k cashier's check that got bought that morning and document everything including security camera footage, for the inevitable subpoena.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My (29F) husband (31M) of 6 months has a secret laptop and won't tell me what he uses it for.

I'm really bothered by what happened with my husband last night. This has ruined valentine's day and I don't know what to do.

Last night I woke up with some stomach troubles. It was one of those random things where I felt fine once I vomited. Then I went to the kitchen to drink some water. I'd noticed he wasn't in bed when I woke up. From the kitchen I could then see he was in the living room. The light was off and he was (I think) watching a video. Couldn't tell. When I turned on the light he jumped a mile, and slammed the laptop shut. It was a PC I'd never seen before, not his macbook.

Of course I asked him where that computer was from and what he was doing. My husband cannot lie to save his life, he gets very visibly anxious. He pretty much had nothing to say. He tried to say a couple things that just made no sense and it was obvious he was bullshitting, like he said he was teaching himself how to code? See I could believe he might need a PC for coding except that he's never expressed any interest in something like that before, and why then freak out when I come in the room, and why's he up at 3am in the dark doing it? Clearly bullshit.

He told me to "let it go", and "it has nothing to do with me". Then refused to say anything else. He stomped off to bed and pretended to be asleep, ignoring anything I said. Eventually I gave up.

Today in the morning he acted like nothing had happened. I tried to ask again and he just lightly said "oh don't worry about it." When he left for work before me, I went looking for that laptop but couldn't find it anywhere. The apartment isn't very big. I assume he probably took it with him.

I brought it up for a third time when he got home and he exploded at me. He started talking about why could we not just have a nice valentine's day, he'd booked us dinner and had a surprise gift in the car and all I wanted to do was harass him, and on and on. We didn't end up going to dinner. He's been shut in our bedroom all night so far. When I knocked he said he has a migraine and needs to sleep.

I don't know what to do about this. His reaction last night and today was so bizarre to me. What could require the use of another laptop? Your first thought is probably porn-- why would he need an entire separate laptop for porn? We watch it together sometimes, he knows I have no issue with it and we'll show each other things we want to try. That doesn't explain it.

An affair? Looking for sex workers? Both highly unlikely (really strong 5 year relationship prior to marriage) but I admit not impossible. Secret drug or gambling addiction and this is how he hides the paper trail? I can't come up with anything else. The thing is we have shared finances and access to joint accounts/credit cards. I keep on top of all of that regularly, there is nothing out of place. If he was frittering away the amount of money needed to fund an addiction, there's no way I wouldn't have noticed. Unless it literally just began recently?? I don't even know anymore.

I'm so anxious over this. And upset about messing up his valentine's day plans. I want to apologize, but I also cannot think of any not-bad explanation for the laptop. Is that just my anxiety talking? Do I need to let it go?

The two things I'm specifically hoping for advice with:

What could he be doing???

How should I approach him now?

TL;DR: Husband refuses to tell me what he's doing on a second laptop that he kept hidden from me.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
idk I think that one's real because the woman seems like she feels kind of bad, or at least realizes that she should feel bad. I don't think MRAs would consider that.

The one that I have questions about is the one written by a bartender's girlfriend, where the bartender guy told her "those drunk girls tried to drag me in the bathroom and rape me," but (one throwaway line) the GM who saw the security footage told the bartender that he was a scumbag who deserved to be fired. That is not a small discrepancy.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

QuarkJets posted:

Oh they absolutely are that, I even said as much. But at the same time they deny that PTSD is even a thing and are perplexed at the concept of women going years or decades keeping a brave face after a rape (they accuse her of making it up), so the guy with a cool exterior who winds up breaking down later because of past rape trauma wouldn't even exist to them. That's the detail that I identified as being the reason that an MRA person probably didn't write it; it's too realistic and doesn't align with their preconceived notions

you think anything matters to them besides man good woman bad? you give them to much credit. all you have to do is gender swap something that enrages them and they instantly like it.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Anne Whateley posted:

idk I think that one's real because the woman seems like she feels kind of bad, or at least realizes that she should feel bad. I don't think MRAs would consider that.

The one that I have questions about is the one written by a bartender's girlfriend, where the bartender guy told her "those drunk girls tried to drag me in the bathroom and rape me," but (one throwaway line) the GM who saw the security footage told the bartender that he was a scumbag who deserved to be fired. That is not a small discrepancy.

I'm still curious about that one too – which is why I posted it. If it was just a simple story of him being assaulted / him assaulting it wouldn't be notable, but the fact that there was a big question makes me wonder.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AITA for putting my neighbor's dog's poop in front of their door?

quote:

I watched from my balcony as my neighbor let their dog out, watched it poop in the grass, then went back inside without picking it up. I had suspected for a few weeks that the multiple huge piles of it were from this dog but now I had seen proof. So I got one of the plastic baggies (which are provided by dispensers all around our community specifically for picking up dog poop) and bagged it up and dropped it right on their doorstep. I figured this would give them the message and that I would only escalate to contacting management if it continued.

So....AITA?

What a restrained response I definitely would have done far more

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

snergle posted:

you think anything matters to them besides man good woman bad? you give them to much credit. all you have to do is gender swap something that enrages them and they instantly like it.

I agree, but you're not understanding my point. that's fine, let's just drop it

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (29F) husband (31M) of 6 months has a secret laptop and won't tell me what he uses it for.

Just lol if you don’t have a burner laptop specifically for posting on these dead gay forums

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

gently caress Your Website posted:

Just lol if you don’t have a burner laptop specifically for posting on these dead gay forums

why buy burner laptops when burner phones would work just as well?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I'm really bothered by what happened with my husband last night. This has ruined valentine's day and I don't know what to do.

Last night I woke up with some stomach troubles. It was one of those random things where I felt fine once I vomited. Then I went to the kitchen to drink some water. I'd noticed he wasn't in bed when I woke up. From the kitchen I could then see he was in the living room. The light was off and he was (I think) watching a video. Couldn't tell. When I turned on the light he jumped a mile, and slammed the laptop shut. It was a PC I'd never seen before, not his macbook.

Of course I asked him where that computer was from and what he was doing. My husband cannot lie to save his life, he gets very visibly anxious. He pretty much had nothing to say. He tried to say a couple things that just made no sense and it was obvious he was bullshitting, like he said he was teaching himself how to code? See I could believe he might need a PC for coding except that he's never expressed any interest in something like that before, and why then freak out when I come in the room, and why's he up at 3am in the dark doing it? Clearly bullshit.

He told me to "let it go", and "it has nothing to do with me". Then refused to say anything else. He stomped off to bed and pretended to be asleep, ignoring anything I said. Eventually I gave up.

Today in the morning he acted like nothing had happened. I tried to ask again and he just lightly said "oh don't worry about it." When he left for work before me, I went looking for that laptop but couldn't find it anywhere. The apartment isn't very big. I assume he probably took it with him.

I brought it up for a third time when he got home and he exploded at me. He started talking about why could we not just have a nice valentine's day, he'd booked us dinner and had a surprise gift in the car and all I wanted to do was harass him, and on and on. We didn't end up going to dinner. He's been shut in our bedroom all night so far. When I knocked he said he has a migraine and needs to sleep.

I don't know what to do about this. His reaction last night and today was so bizarre to me. What could require the use of another laptop? Your first thought is probably porn-- why would he need an entire separate laptop for porn? We watch it together sometimes, he knows I have no issue with it and we'll show each other things we want to try. That doesn't explain it.

An affair? Looking for sex workers? Both highly unlikely (really strong 5 year relationship prior to marriage) but I admit not impossible. Secret drug or gambling addiction and this is how he hides the paper trail? I can't come up with anything else. The thing is we have shared finances and access to joint accounts/credit cards. I keep on top of all of that regularly, there is nothing out of place. If he was frittering away the amount of money needed to fund an addiction, there's no way I wouldn't have noticed. Unless it literally just began recently?? I don't even know anymore.

I'm so anxious over this. And upset about messing up his valentine's day plans. I want to apologize, but I also cannot think of any not-bad explanation for the laptop. Is that just my anxiety talking? Do I need to let it go?

The two things I'm specifically hoping for advice with:

What could he be doing???

How should I approach him now?

TL;DR: Husband refuses to tell me what he's doing on a second laptop that he kept hidden from me.

Child porn or secret family.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

I've been contemplating doing this if I could just catch the suspected neighbor in the act and exact justice accordingly. As it is I've lodged multiple complaints with management so they at least know that someone's leaving horrible massive dog dumps all over the place :argh:

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Another succesful (valentines) threesome

Had a threesome with my boyfriend and a friend last night and then woke up to them having sex. Not sure what to do but I feel completely betrayed
I promised my boyfriend that for Valentine’s Day we could have a threesome with a girl I’m friends with. We all got pretty drunk and did it, I fell asleep pretty much straight after and I woke up a couple of hours later and my boyfriend wasn’t in bed, I went to get a drink and see where they were and they were on the sofa having sex. I freaked out and started screaming at them. They said they were sorry but since they’d already had sex earlier in the night they didn’t think it would be a big deal. I told her to get out, it was like 3 in the morning and she was like I can’t i said yes you can get an Uber. I was crying and We were a.l still pretty drunk so it got really heated. My boyfriend literally held me back and told her to leave. So she got Her stuff and went.

We argued and he kept apologising and I said I’m going to bed and we’ll talk in the morning.

He’s still asleep.

I’m feeling like I should break up with him but I don’t know. I don’t think a threesome is the same as them two having sex. He went behind my back and betrayed me and I just feel really hurt

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wait for white day and have a threesome with another man, then have more sex with him in the morning. Or be boringly adult and admit you done goofed and dump him.

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

QuarkJets posted:

MRA types would absolutely write this story because their whole ideology is based on the idea that deep down all women are like this, and thus we need society to control their sociopathy.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for cutting someone out of my life because they didnt let me use their laptop for a quiz?

After that I got up, and told him that after everything i've done for him, I couldn't believe he wouldn't let me use his laptop for an hour, for a quiz I needed to take. I told him it was fine and that I would take a 0, and I left.

Edit 2: so after reading your guys comments, i've taken it to heart and realized i am an entitled rear end in a top hat and need to work on it. A side note, he had been pissing me off all day and i think that that just made me a little crazier. He texted me Happy Valentines Day, I love you. And we're good now, I'm picking him up for work later today.

I mean, she's not wrong that she shouldn't have to beg a friend like that, especially one she has done so much for.

She might have blown up a bit melodramatically, but I can understand her freaking out that she was facing getting a zero on her quiz.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

the correct thing is to put it through their mail slot (no bag)

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Xequecal posted:

MRA types would absolutely write this story because their whole ideology is based on the idea that deep down all women are like this, and thus we need society to control their sociopathy.

Again, the point is that they wrote the man in a way that they wouldn't write a man. That's the discrepancy I'm pointing out but you just seem to have breezed right past that in your rush to explain how much MRA dudes hate women (yes, we all know that, that's not being disputed, friend)

And like other people pointed out they also wouldn't write the woman as feeling bad about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
The fear of spooky MRAs writing every story where a woman acts bad in this thread is ridiculous. If you think that story has to be fake then I have doubts you have ever spoken to a male rape survivor, because that sort of reaction is depressingly common and part of the reason they are afraid to talk about it.
The beliefs of some broken little group of lunatics on reddit aren't relevant to the thread and bringing them up all the time is weird.