Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Blade Runner posted:

You're not 'calling the post out' you're just insisting, conspiratorially, that it can't possibly be real for pretty much no reason

If the aim and the desire is to talk about posts, this isn't really conducive to it at all, because we have no way of possibly ever confirming anything being true or fake so it's an utterly meaningless statement

There's no real reason to think it's fake anyway, so how exactly are you calling it out

Eh, the "reversed genders" post you jumped on top of me for was a simple joke about how the dude who wrote it must have used a reverse grip while jacking off. Feel free to continue to ascribe conspiratorial motivation to everyone who are getting in the way of your favorite narrative though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Barudak posted:

Its a bun, her sweet treat, that is intended only for her husband that she is giving away to another man. Everything is written like a child and it just skeeves me out completely.

I'm weird. I though it was some kind of euphemism for anal.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Just stop calling posts fake, you idiots. You're contributing nothing. Shut up. Shut the gently caress up!

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

CheesyDog posted:

quote:
Bun Him
The Jamaican vernacular which means "to cheat on your male significant other". (To cheat on your man, boyfriend, husband, fiance etc)
Girl: "He wasn't treating me good, so mi bun him!"
This phrase was made even more popular by the song "Bun Him'" by Jamaican dancehall artistes Macka Diamond and Blacker. The song speaks about a female who complains that her significant other is ill-treating her and cheating on her, to which her friend responds by encouraging her to 'bun him' (cheat on him)

Never too old to learn something.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Biomute posted:

Eh, the "reversed genders" post you jumped on top of me for was a simple joke about how the dude who wrote it must have used a reverse grip while jacking off. Feel free to continue to ascribe conspiratorial motivation to everyone who are getting in the way of your favorite narrative though.

No it wasn't

I posted purely in response to someone else telling you to stop calling posts fake for no reason, then you doubling down on insisting that all posts where woman do a bad thing are fake because it 'feeds into the redpill narrative', even if, like in this case, it absolutely does not feed into the redpill narrative and is just a woman doing a lovely thing in a way that has nothing to do with their worldview

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
you all should gently caress or fight to the death already jeez

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

sneakyfrog posted:

you all should gently caress or fight to the death already jeez

gently caress to the death imo

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
yall fuckers making me actually post content :mad:

My [32F] girlfriend's [31F] ex [28F] is so much better than me that I'm doubting our whole relationship[new]
submitted 18 hours ago by throwaway10239841

WE'RE ALL GAY. ALL WOMEN.

Me and my girlfriend, L, have been together for 4 months. Of course a little while into the relationship we talked about all our exes. L said her longest relationship was 5 years but they weren't a good fit, and I believed her. L's second longest was a year, and she said that she dumped the other girl, B. I didn't think it was a big deal even though it was the last relationship she was in before ours (yeah, its been a couple years lol)

Recently one of L's old friends came into town and we went out, drinking. He drunkenly talked about how heartbroken L was when B left her. To his credit, he said that L was over it now and just talks about me. But I got curious and started the stalking.
B is one of those people who seems great at everything. She's an MD/MBA at a good school. She volunteers a lot, she runs a big fundraiser for her town. She sings and paints and has even held a few art shows. I scrolled WAY too drat far and saw that B was also a part time model when she was dating L. Some of L's old comments were even on there, but they aren't FB friends anymore.

I dont think she would come back for L, because B is in a relationship. Maybe it's worth noting that L is an artist, and B's new girlfriend is also an artist, but more successful and apparently also British. This is what I mean, she's just one of those people that high school me would have hated. And apparently she dumped L, crushing her, and L lied to me about it.

I feel like a consolation prize. I don't know how I'm supposed to compare to this person, and it's got me doubting our whole relationship. How am I supposed to believe L when she calls me beautiful if she was once with a literal model? How am I supposed to believe L when she says I'm talented and amazing if her ex managed to succeed in medicine, business AND the arts?
---
TL;DR: my girlfriend's ex is like the perfect person and apparently dumped her. My girlfriend lied about that last part and now I feel super inadequate.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
How am I supposed to believe my girlfriend loves me when she was sad when she got dumped before?!

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

Haifisch posted:

Me (28F) with my husband (30M) - he never puts effort into doing things unless I ask, and is king of "I bought this for you for me."

Husband is Homer Simpson, so what?

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
The MD B should get with L on the DL

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Blade Runner posted:

gently caress to the death imo

Like, bedbug style? mantis style? What game plan am I looking at here?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My dad was just fired today after telling his employer that he was diagnosed with cancer.

What are the odds this is Liberty University?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Alan_Shore posted:

Just stop calling posts fake, you idiots. You're contributing nothing. Shut up. Shut the gently caress up!
:emptyquote:

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

Like, bedbug style? mantis style? What game plan am I looking at here?

Have you seen It Follows?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Haifisch posted:

So it sounds like he stopped putting in effort once he figured he had her locked in.

Or he just got corrupted by the siren song of video games.
They both sound boring. Playing video games all the time isn't great, but neither is binge watching TV.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my (27F) husband (30M) that he needs to stop Snapchatting his coworker (18F)

I’ve taken the last two days to think and I can’t begin to understand why this girl is so important to have a friendship with. I trust my husband completely and I know that he hasn’t been unfaithful because he literally has no time to be. He’s always either at work, at school, or at home with me.

Ooof, someone really ought to tell her.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Leon Einstein posted:

They both sound boring. Playing video games all the time isn't great, but neither is binge watching TV.

Americans average 5 hours of TV a day

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

CheesyDog posted:

Americans average 5 hours of TV a day

Only 5? We can do better. :911:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FAUXTON posted:

This is one of my favorite parts of my job as a bank investigator.

We report stuff to the feds and treat "hiding poo poo from divorce court" on the same level as "hiding poo poo from the tax collector" but I make sure to have the branch call the spouse and ask what was up with the $300k cashier's check that got bought that morning and document everything including security camera footage, for the inevitable subpoena.

So what's it like to sit down at a table and look at someone. Look at someone and know that they lied.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

i don't care who you are this is funny right here

[NY, NYC] 16 year old son booked a first class flight and went through with it

quote:

Look, I know this is stupid and our fault as parents. Please don't downvote or laugh at me, I'm legitimately looking to see if we have any recourse whatsoever.

Our 16 year old son booked a first class flight to London from NY around midnight, and actually took it early in the morning. This flight was $16,000 on our credit card. We obviously can't sue our minor son, but do we have any recourse to sue the airline?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

:stare:

AITA for telling his wife that he got me pregnant, and for reporting him so he’ll lose his medical license?

quote:

Very long, telenovela-type story here. I meet a guy off Tinder, he’s an out-of-town medical resident visiting my city on a hospital rotation. We meet up a few times before he returns home (400 km away). I figure that’s that but he continues to text me daily and asks me to come visit him. So I do and I very stupidly have unprotected sex with him and take plan B the next day. He’s a doctor and I basically trust his judgement.

Fast forward a few weeks later and I’m at my own doctor for a routine visit. She gets me to pee in a cup and I am shocked to find out I’m pregnant. At this point me and Tinder guy are still texting 20x a day. I call him immediately and tell him the news.

Him: Well, you have to abort it right away. Me: And what if I decide to keep it? Him: Then never speak to me again. I don’t want to know the child exists.

Clearly I should have ended contact with him then and there, but I was scared, hormonal and hopeful he would change his mind. We already have plans for me to visit him another weekend so I do so. During my visit he puts it in my head that we could have a long, happy relationship together - if I have the abortion. The cards are already stacked against me raising a child on my own so eventually I agree to terminate.

Surprising no one but me, he ends it with me (over the phone) the day after the procedure. He cites work as the reason, saying he’s already on probation for some unethical stuff and he needs to focus on his residency. I accept the news calmly but start wondering what the hell this guy is up to. I look up his public record but can’t find his registration information anywhere. My friend helps and manages to dig up the fact that Tinder guy gave me a fake name, lied about his age and oh yeah — he’s married. I call him to confront him.

Me: How would your wife feel if she knew about this? Him: You mean my ex? Yeah we’re separated. Go ahead and tell her. She probably won’t want to reconcile with me but whatever. Me: And what about your residency? What about your probation? What if I reported that you swipe Percocet and submit your own urine under a patient’s name so you can get faster test results? Him: Please don’t do that. (He starts crying)

So I make the decision to call his wife’s office and leave a message with my name. She calls back thinking it’s work related. I tell her I want to talk to her about her husband, and she can call me from a private number if she wants to discuss it further. Basically I’m putting the ball in her court. Next thing I know, Tinder guy is calling me in a rage saying that I hurt his wife’s feelings, they’re back together and he told her everything. (Btw this is 2 days after he said they were separated.) I made her cry at work and he’s going to file a restraining order against me.

I tell him not to worry, the next time he hears from me will be through a formal report. I file the complaint about his unethical dealings (faking his identity, taking narcotics from work, falsifying test results) and now I’m waiting for the state licensing board to schedule a hearing.

So AITA for basically trying to ruin this guy’s life? On the one hand, his drug smuggling and lies didn’t bother me while we were seeing each other, so clearly I didn’t think they were THAT unethical. So I feel very conflicted having reported him out of spite (and probably misplaced hormonal feelings). On the other hand, he’s already on probation for “something else,” his ability to manipulate and lie to people is pretty worrying in a neurosurgeon, and it would be irresponsible not to report what I knew.

TL, DR: Met a doctor guy on Tinder. He lied to me, got me pregnant and broke up with me after the abortion. I contact his wife and report his shady dealings to the medical licensing board

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Fallom posted:

Home Alone reverse reboot looking really good

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Fallom posted:

wait loving plane tickets can cost $16000? Like, on a normal, lovely airline, not even some rich-idiot gimmick like a SpaceX shuttle or something?

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

wait loving plane tickets can cost $16000?

That is the ticket where you get a masseuse and a hooker and complimentary meth.

Xenocides fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Feb 15, 2019

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

wait loving plane tickets can cost $16000? Like, on a normal, lovely airline, not even some rich-idiot gimmick like a SpaceX shuttle or something?

Really? Its not that shocking. Last minute first class ticket prices are unhitched from reality entirely.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

LadyPictureShow posted:

AITA for telling his wife that he got me pregnant, and for reporting him so he’ll lose his medical license?

*guy with one arm pops up*

“This is why you never cheat.”

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

if you book a last minute true first class long haul ticket it costs a poo poo load of money

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

yeah I hadn't considered what buying it day-of would do

fuckin still though

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Not even just day-of. First class international tickets are always several thousand dollars.

When you're in that bucket, either your company is paying or your trust fund is, so the cost doesn't have to be competitive with anything.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Fallom posted:

That's a story the kid will be telling for the rest of his life.

As a parent, though, I would sell literally every single thing the little poo poo has. Including his bed.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Just let the kid live in London, I'm sure he had a plan.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Sagebrush posted:

Not even just day-of. First class international tickets are always several thousand dollars.

When you're in that bucket, either your company is paying or your trust fund is, so the cost doesn't have to be competitive with anything.

There's a business psychology thing where they give you three options. A cheap option, an expensive middle option, and an insanely expensive option.

No one wants the cheap, lovely option. Also, the insanely expensive option is just insanely expensive.

Now the expensive middle option seems reasonable.

First class exists to sell business class tickets.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not appreciating my boyfriend being a gentleman?

I've been dating a guy for about a year, and in a lot of ways, I REALLY like him. He's sweet and thoughtful, and really fun to talk to. There are a lot of things about our relationship that feel really easy and natural, but I can't get over how he insists on doing everything for me, to the point where I just feel useless.

It started with little things, like opening doors for me, which was super sweet, and I've never really had a guy do. He always wanted to pay for our dates, which was nice, but sometimes made me feel bad. Anytime I insist on paying, even for dates that I plan, he throws a fit because he wants to be a good boyfriend, and pay.

The longer we dated, I kind of expected it to die down, but now it just extends into weird things now. He'll never let me help with dinner, he won't even let me push the cart at the grocery store, and when things come up like "oh, while you grab eggs, let me go grab something else on the list!!" He wont tell me what's on it, because he doesn't want me to help. I feel totally useless. I've talked to him about it a few times, and when nothing changed, I started saying no to his little gestures like opening my car door. Everytime I do it myself he throws a fit.

It all kind of came to a head yesterday. In a past relationship, I had gone through some pretty bad trauma on a Valentine's Day. So I asked my boyfriend if we could not really do gifts, or make a big thing of it. Plus, I have pretty bad anxiety, and the attention makes me seriously sick. So he asked if we could do dinner the weekend before, and just cook for each other. I said yes, and he even let me help cook for the first time since we've been dating. I was super stoked.

Then, yesterday, I got not one, but two giant bouquets from him, delivered to me at work. Everyone I worked with made this huge deal about it, til I eventually hid the flowers and went and cried in the bathroom.

When I talked to him, he said "I know you said no, but girls deserve flowers on Valentine's Day, and you deserve them more than most."

I think I'm supposed to feel special, but I just feel useless and like my boundaries aren't respected.

It sounds ridiculous that I'm considering breaking up with a guy for treating me too nice, but I feel kind of like an accessory to him, not a functioning team member in a relationship. Plus, I've gone through hard things in the past, and worked really hard to get where I am today! I'm not helpless, and his refusal to let me contribute makes me feel useless.

AITA?

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
...toxic masculinity?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Probably what happens with a Nice Guy catches the car. Well, the cases that aren't immediately settling into a contented blob spending the rest of their lives playing video games.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Halser posted:

...toxic masculinity?

Something like that. He's overbearing, tone-deaf and fixated on playing the role of "boyfriend" to the exclusion of listening to anything she has to say. That thing with sending flowers to her office sounds awful

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah i bet that he's also super demanding in ways that aren't mentioned in the post, and whines about it with "but i do so many thiiiiings for youuuuuuuu"

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

LadyPictureShow posted:

It's amazing how willingly people will have unprotected sex with strangers. Women especially as getting pregnant affects them waaaaay more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Halser posted:

...toxic masculinity?

Sagebrush posted:

yeah i bet that he's also super demanding in ways that aren't mentioned in the post, and whines about it with "but i do so many thiiiiings for youuuuuuuu"
He won't even let her cook, so I dunno. He sounds like a weird control freak where the gender stuff is an excuse, not the reason. She definitely needs to get out regardless.