Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Truecon420 posted:

Also a lil excited but wary for this game. Whoo boy, that dialogue wheel is scary. Looks terrible.

Looks perfectly fine. If it's scary you shouldn't play the game because there will be scary ghouls in the game and I don't want you making GBS threads yourself when they show up.

Saint Freak posted:

Can you explain this? I'm at a loss.

It's from some lovely webcomic where the same thing happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sout
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/659007656837955584
stuff confirmed i dunno

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Gotta say, I dig the fact that armor is now layered, so you can put your armor over stuff like a business suit or a baseball uniform. Some stuff may have taken a step back but this is good.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

Gotta say, I dig the fact that armor is now layered, so you can put your armor over stuff like a business suit or a baseball uniform. Some stuff may have taken a step back but this is good.

That was a feature I missed from games like Morrowind and Saint's Row 2. I miss my battlepriest with decorative robe over his armor and tough gangster who crossdresses underneath his thug attire, respectively (I think).

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

We get our first non-leak view of the loot system.

It's a UI menu that comes up when you hover over something with loot. There's three dots at the bottom, presumably showing you there are more items. There's also a transfer button that looks like it opens up the regular menu.

Surprise!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I hope we can change the colour of the UI to orange.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

John F Bennett posted:

I hope we can change the colour of the UI to orange anything but fallout green.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
There's no take all button?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Everyone knows blue is the best Fallout UI color.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

big mean giraffe posted:

You are scum.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

big mean giraffe posted:

I usually go with blue or amber. :)

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

ymgve posted:

Might be what the transfer button is (as in transfer all to inventory).

Then again, could be transfer to companion or something...

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

I hope it's a little more diverse than

* +20% damage with $WEAPON
** +40% damage with $WEAPON
*** +60% damage with $WEAPON
**** +80% damage with $WEAPON
***** +100% damage with $WEAPON + interesting effect

Especially since it looks like the max level perks need you to be level 40+.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So I guess the cool stuff really is tied to grinding or hacking your way to maximum perks. Also I assume you can't exactly Join the Institute, The Railroad and The Brotherhood in one play through unless Todd's doing his own variation of Wild Card with a John Yojimbo Fallout route.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

boneration posted:

With the sheer number of perks, I don't think you'll really notice

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

boneration posted:

From what little we've seen it also looks like the various mods affect fire rate, clip capacity and weapon accuracy. With a baseball bat, or other similar melee weapons, there's not a whole lot you can change except for damage. Maybe swing speed or chance to hit but we haven't seen if those are even factors in the game let alone how they work.

I don't know if you even still need to worry about repairing equipment.

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one
The achievements from earlier with story spoilers removed, in case someone is really really sensitive about the names of missions.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I'm just glad that not only can we play baseball, but football as well! Finally, someone has made a remake/sequel to Mutant League Football where John Fallout can be Don Shula, player and coach of the year.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

At least there's nothing as stupid and tedious as 'beat the game once with each faction btw there are like 6' or 'heal 10,000 damage with food items' like New Vegas had. That last one was the only time in NV I ever bothered with the cooking system. Basically just sat underwater, nearly died from drowning, scarfed some gross wasteland meal, and repeated.

It all seems pretty reasonable at a glance. Only things that look like they might be annoying are raising ~friendship~ levels with companions and maxing out settlement buddies. Legend of the Wastes will probably be a grind until the DLC comes out.

Bethesda isn't really known for adding bullshit achievements. Just dull ones. E: I'm actually surprised they didn't add a bunch for beating/getting a high score in their Pipboy totally original video games.

E: vvv There's basically no way to get it legitimately unless you start cooking at the very beginning of a playthrough and then exclusively heal through the food. Even cooked, it gives way less HP back than it probably should, given the effort to use it over standard healing methods. And in the middle of a firefight's not exactly the best time to use it.

ChibiSoma fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Oct 27, 2015

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

"Playing through the game more than once is stupid and tedious"

"I never used this gameplay feature so I abused mechanics to unlock an achievement, for some reason this was not satisfying"

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

ymgve posted:

There's no take all light/weightless valuables and leave the useless heavy junk behind button?

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

ChibiSoma posted:

E: vvv There's basically no way to get it legitimately unless you start cooking at the very beginning of a playthrough and then exclusively heal through the food. Even cooked, it gives way less HP back than it probably should, given the effort to use it over standard healing methods. And in the middle of a firefight's not exactly the best time to use it.

This is essential for a proper cowboy run and you are essentially a giant pussy for not playing that way.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I did a run with a guy who had as low of a medical skill as I could give him and I like to imagine that when I used stimpacks he like broke them open and rubbed them on his skin or drank them or something because they didn't loving work at all

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Noyemi K posted:

Come now, surely eye-searing white is more to your tastes?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Also, lol at the NPCs taking a full 3 seconds to react to the PC killing that guard NPC in broad view of them all.

And also lol at the giant icon that takes up a giant part of the screen when you proc the insta-kill perk.

SunAndSpring fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Oct 27, 2015

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

SunAndSpring posted:

Also, lol at the NPCs taking a full 3 seconds to react to the PC killing that guard NPC in broad view of them all.

I'd be pretty stunned too if someone did that poo poo right in front of me.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

I'd be pretty stunned too if someone did that poo poo right in front of me.

It's less the delayed reaction and more the unnatural way it happens. It's so transparent that a script just kicked in.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

SunAndSpring posted:

And also lol at the giant icon that takes up a giant part of the screen when you proc the insta-kill perk.

I kinda like it

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SunAndSpring posted:

It's less the delayed reaction and more the unnatural way it happens. It's so transparent that a script just kicked in.

Gamebryo

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

ChibiSoma posted:

At least there's nothing as stupid and tedious as 'beat the game once with each faction btw there are like 6' or 'heal 10,000 damage with food items' like New Vegas had. That last one was the only time in NV I ever bothered with the cooking system. Basically just sat underwater, nearly died from drowning, scarfed some gross wasteland meal, and repeated.

It all seems pretty reasonable at a glance. Only things that look like they might be annoying are raising ~friendship~ levels with companions and maxing out settlement buddies. Legend of the Wastes will probably be a grind until the DLC comes out.

Bethesda isn't really known for adding bullshit achievements. Just dull ones. E: I'm actually surprised they didn't add a bunch for beating/getting a high score in their Pipboy totally original video games.

I wish it was heal 200,000 damage with food items achievement instead.

I hate achievement hunters an I love everything that makes them mad, you see.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Pwnstar posted:

"I never used this gameplay feature so I abused mechanics to unlock an achievement, for some reason this was not satisfying"

ChibiSoma.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I think the reason fallout 4 is coming out on November 10th is entirely strategic due to the Barkley 2 release date. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsneVykvjlU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Pwnstar posted:

Gotta get them cheevos (I have no clue why anyone gives a poo poo about achievements, at best they are used as a roadmap for things you haven't seen).

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

Noyemi K posted:

Green in Fallout 3, Amber in New Vegas.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
No one else liked using blue.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
When people complain about plastic-looking hair textures, point them to this.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

NecroMonster posted:

that's not real someone just put it together out of the achievement pics

it's still good as hell tho
Is that why it's the size of a postage stamp?

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Mokinokaro posted:

No one else liked using blue.

Blue is too early 21st century for Fallout. It's like those tactical catsuit mods everyone on the :nexus: loves, too an-anachronistic.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Global unlock on all platforms is 12:01 midnight pst on the 10th right?

If so 6pm here works out well, enough time to pick it up and preload beforehand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Make the UI metal brown and doomsday-button red.

• Locked thread