Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
While some of these trophies give give a glimpse into the game, I can't help but notice that while there is a Trophy for getting 5+ followers, there is no Trophy for going it alone. I suppose there could still be a perk in the game but just no accompanying achievement? There's also like only two factions you can join?

I can't wait to see what insane theories come out of this list though given how much information we're still missing. I've also hated the idea of achievements in games since the day they came out and I can't wait until one developer puts in an achievement into their game for getting all the achievements, but in order to get that achievement you'd need the achievement for getting everything itself, thus making it impossible and driving all the 100% spergs crazy.

edit: page snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

:lol: holy poo poo

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

that's not real someone just put it together out of the achievement pics

it's still good as hell tho

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Aw, don't ruin the fun.

My search for more information lead me to Reddit where I immediately rediscovered how stupid humanity has become. Before navigating away I did learn that apparently the press is to start receiving review copies tomorrow so the dearth of information about this game may be coming to an end later this week. They'll be under NDAs for sure but maybe Bethesda themselves will begin opening up as we get closer.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Psychotic Weasel posted:

They'll be under NDAs for sure but maybe Bethesda themselves will begin opening up as we get closer.

Someone always blabs for e cred as early as they can.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

I would've hoped that after the ridiculousness of LA Noire's simplified dialogue options (i.e. pressing "doubt" could sometimes make Phelps go full autist and say something extremely abrasive.
Please never forget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rNV61Rpo-0

Cthulhuite
Mar 22, 2007

Shwmae!
When are Obsidian starting development on Fallout 4.5, rope kid?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

SunAndSpring posted:

http://www.exophase.com/game/fallout-4-ps4/trophies/

BEHOLD, SPOILERS.

lmao, Nuclear Family is totally you meeting your son after he somehow got out of the vault decades before you and now he's an old guy on his deathbed. I wonder if Bethesda wrote that before or after Interstellar did it.

well gently caress. that could be cool maybe.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Aaaand press is getting it tomorrow

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dapper_Swindler posted:

well gently caress. that could be cool maybe.

It absolutely cannot be cool.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

SUPPORT NEWS

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

sector_corrector posted:

It absolutely cannot be cool.

I'm not saying it definitely will be cool or done well but to be fair there are like no story beats that wouldn't sound dumb when spoilered out of context like that and summed up in a sentence. For all we know it could be done with appropriate emotional resonance.

I mean it won't be but it could.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

This doesn't deserve a spoiler

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance
Honestly did anyone expect that (PSN trophy sorta spoiler) you wouldn't run into your erstwhile loved ones in some fashion, whether synth or android or ancient wizened crone? I mean this is Bethesda, and they are not exactly known for clever stories with unexpected twists.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
To be fair there's only so many twists there could possibly be given the context. You're really an android, or you follow a breadcrumb trail only to find your family is long dead having been killed in the original blast, or they survived in the wasteland and died 100 years ago and you find a little note addressed to you, or they're still alive and your son is an old man on his deathbed, or they're still alive and your son is the villain, or XYZ companion is actually your descendant.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

JoshTheStampede posted:

I'm not saying it definitely will be cool or done well but to be fair there are like no story beats that wouldn't sound dumb when spoilered out of context like that and summed up in a sentence. For all we know it could be done with appropriate emotional resonance.

I mean it won't be but it could.

Nah. Since J.F. is different for everyone there isn't a way to sum up xer feelings in four dialogue options. Can't be done, even if it wasn't Bethesda.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Oh man the look on your companion's face when they find out they've been diddling their great grandpa.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

2house2fly posted:

To be fair there's only so many twists there could possibly be given the context. You're really an android, or you follow a breadcrumb trail only to find your family is long dead having been killed in the original blast, or they survived in the wasteland and died 100 years ago and you find a little note addressed to you, or they're still alive and your son is an old man on his deathbed, or they're still alive and your son is the villain, or XYZ companion is actually your descendant.

everyone left alive in boston is your descendant

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

AriadneThread posted:

everyone left alive in boston is your descendant

Ah, so we're Genghis Khan.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

2house2fly posted:

Hmm, well, you got them all. Those are all of the stories that can possibly be told. To be fair to Bethesda, they just chose one of them.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Your child became one of the giant Big MT style brains.
Your child was the template for all the synthetics in Boston so you've been symbolically murdering your baby everywhere you go
You are your child; your body was kept in suspended animation but your brain died, so he placed his own inside you, but the procedure caused him to believe he was you, while the real you has been fixed by the Institute and is the villain with an evil plan that could only be conceived by the brain damaged.
Your child downloaded his brain into your spouse's body because of an Oedipus/Electra complex.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Turns out you're not actually Irish.

Cthulhuite
Mar 22, 2007

Shwmae!
It's a simulation and it all ends when some jackass from Vault 101 smashes your simulation pod to bits.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Isn't there a version of this with the theme from Curb your Enthusiasm at the end??

Also a lil excited but wary for this game. Whoo boy, that dialogue wheel is scary. Looks terrible.

Edit: Found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGnUGFwraL0

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Cthulhuite posted:

It's a simulation and it all ends when some jackass from Vault 101 smashes your simulation pod to bits.

I'm still holding out for a truman show type thing.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Speedball posted:

Man, that's an unexpected twist for New Vegas.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Good job on bypassing the swear-filter, Bethesda.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Those achievement icons are pretty funny. That masshole one is great.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Mordaedil posted:

Good job on bypassing the swear-filter, Bethesda.

That's a derogatory term used for people from Boston

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Going to reach Maximum Relationship Level

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

sector_corrector posted:

Hmm, well, you got them all. Those are all of the stories that can possibly be told. To be fair to Bethesda, they just chose one of them.

Obviously that's not every possible way the story could go but when you've got millions of insane fans spitballing what they think the twist is going to be someone's inevitably going to hit on it, so there's not a lot of point in calling it predicable or whatever.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Kurtofan posted:

Going to reach Maximum Relationship Level

level up your LOVE

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
With the game going into press hands all I want to see is 30 mins to an hour of unedited gameplay.

That's all I want.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

2house2fly posted:

Obviously that's not every possible way the story could go but when you've got millions of insane fans spitballing what they think the twist is going to be someone's inevitably going to hit on it, so there's not a lot of point in calling it predicable or whatever.

"I don't see why you're calling the story predictable, fans just predicted it four months before the game was released!"

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

"I don't see why you're calling the story predictable, fans just predicted it four months before the game was released!"

There is nothing new under the sun

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Speedball posted:

Or Tom Brady.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Can you explain this? I'm at a loss.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Saint Freak posted:

Can you explain this? I'm at a loss.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Magmarashi posted:

There is nothing new under the sun

Actually there is. People release interesting and novel stories all of the time. Even stuff that fits into genre conventions can still be inventive. I'm willing to bet money that Bethesda's story does not fit that criteria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Bet $60, in the form of buying Fallout 4. That way even when you lose the bet you will still have won, by experiencing a story for the ages in the greatest game of our times.

• Locked thread