Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I'll give her the fact that she can chroma key and has a pop filter.

Long live Jay Owen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Phone posted:

Here's an earlier video that got taken down due to the white knight brigade. It's basically just a few clips from a Twitch VOD. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x190c64_girlgamer

You guys made him do a pretty impressive can crush, though.

e: coming soon "can crushing bandits"

I saw a Battlefield 4 video with this person and she had like one piercing and now she has about 30.

As soon as I saw that loving e-cigarette I knew it was the same person.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I am glad I don't play dayZ because everything about this just seems so stupid. I'm exactly who would get trolled by it the hardest. Also I keep thinking Jay Owen is a pun name where if you said it right you'd get it and get the joke like U.N. Owen but I can't make it fit so that's frustrating too.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Krinkle posted:

I am glad I don't play dayZ because everything about this just seems so stupid. I'm exactly who would get trolled by it the hardest. Also I keep thinking Jay Owen is a pun name where if you said it right you'd get it and get the joke like U.N. Owen but I can't make it fit so that's frustrating too.

The griefing is coming from within the thread.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Doc Hawkins posted:

Also presumably they enjoy it more than burger flipping. It's an eternal cliche that some people will make all kinds of material sacrifice to work as an entertainer.

I remember watching Broteam on twitch, when someone asked him "whether he has a job" and he started laughing ruefully. "This is it. This is it. Can you believe that? Can you believe how hosed the world is today, that doing this can be someone's source of income? gently caress."

What I'm saying is I think some of them have the right attitude.

That alone has made me consider looking them up. I don't understand how people are willing to donate to someone screaming at a screen like a twat (pewdie) or getting angry over loving everything (every feminist vs mra debate i've ever seen). Hell, they even gave someone money to create a video series that has exactly the same production quality as it was before, only this time there was a scandal so money is involved (anita) (yes, i've watched them).

I think the internet is griefing me by existing sometimes.

wuat
Jul 12, 2009

Krinkle posted:

(J/Oing)
((Jerking off))

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

That dad died some months ago, and Jesse Slaughter is an utter trainwreck now.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Dick Burglar posted:

Why do you know this?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Dick Burglar posted:

She always was a trainwreck though. She started several sockpuppet accounts on some forum somewhere in order to start rumors that she was sleeping with one of the guys from Blood On The Dance Floor. She was 10 at the time.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

This thread is really :smith: sometimes.

dogstile posted:

That alone has made me consider looking them up. I don't understand how people are willing to donate to someone screaming at a screen like a twat (pewdie) or getting angry over loving everything (every feminist vs mra debate i've ever seen). Hell, they even gave someone money to create a video series that has exactly the same production quality as it was before, only this time there was a scandal so money is involved (anita) (yes, i've watched them).

I think the internet is griefing me by existing sometimes.
Just a guess but I suspect their regular viewers are very much the same kind of people as the casters.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Shooting Blanks posted:

Why do you know this?

It's on the know your meme thing. Her father died of a heart attack and she was in foster care.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Griefed by mortality and the US child care system

wuat
Jul 12, 2009
Won't you crush a can for a kid with leukemia, friendly goons?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxryo32SRd4

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Archonex posted:

Cue hilarity.

Cue five goons waiting across the street inside an abandoned shop, intermittently giggling like idiots as this guy mined out a moat around his house so it'd be more secure once night fell.

Cue two goons rushing forwards.

Archonex posted:

Cue every plan every goon in the mumble channel had coming to a screeching halt as we all stood around blowing poo poo up with shotguns like a bunch of hicks. :v:

Cue a two to three hour goon project to deconstruct the thing.

Cue people literally falling, screaming to their doom.

Cue them plummeting through the roof to their doom as they tried to figure out what the gently caress was going on.

gently caress's sake, could you and everyone else in this thread try a different word? Maybe "Two goons rushed forward", "Soon every plan every goon in the mumble channel...", etc.

I guess I done got trolled, but this word is way overused in every single story-telling thread. gently caress.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.

wuat posted:

Won't you crush a can for a kid with leukemia, friendly goons?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxryo32SRd4

That is beautiful.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Does knocking people off teleporters in TF2 count as griefing? because this one makes me laugh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP9Cw_8Jhh8

wuat
Jul 12, 2009

Zebrin posted:

That is beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpLL_luyZYE
They keep coming

sturgeon general
Jun 27, 2005

Smells like sushi.
There was this mod for Mount and Blade called cRPG where players had persistent characters with rare loot, and my partner-in-crime found an exploit where you could gain access to someone else's account by giving your character the same name as one of their alts. From there you could change their password, steal/sell their poo poo, or delete everything. The audio in the beginning is from some cRPG players' Teamspeak as they talk about the damage done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYbqq5XIotc

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Jesus loving christ how is anybody this unironically stupid. Her personality just grates.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Does knocking people off teleporters in TF2 count as griefing? because this one makes me laugh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP9Cw_8Jhh8

The simplest way to waste people's time is to play as a friendly Spy but behave really suspiciously, like you're from the opposing team and really bad at keeping your cover. Even thinking that the enemy team has a Spy makes everyone in the game paranoid. Just walk towards spawn and away from the objective as if you were coming from that side of the map and every time you meet a friendly you walk away from their path (enemies can't phase through each other but friendlies can - it's a really simple way to Spy-check). When friendlies are approaching you never turn your back to them and look really shifty. Stand around important areas like Engineer buildings or crouch on top of objects near spawn uncloaked. When your teammates try to Spy-check by running towards you or firing shells keep backing away and avoiding them. There's no visual cue when you deal damage besides blood spatter. I don't know if voice commands can let you make hurt sounds to really sell that you're getting shot.

Unfortunately this only works if players didn't enable "Show damage numbers" and "emit sound when an attack hits" in their game settings.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Action Tortoise posted:

The simplest way to waste people's time is to play as a friendly Spy but behave really suspiciously, like you're from the opposing team and really bad at keeping your cover. Even thinking that the enemy team has a Spy makes everyone in the game paranoid. Just walk towards spawn and away from the objective as if you were coming from that side of the map and every time you meet a friendly you walk away from their path (enemies can't phase through each other but friendlies can - it's a really simple way to Spy-check). When friendlies are approaching you never turn your back to them and look really shifty. Stand around important areas like Engineer buildings or crouch on top of objects near spawn uncloaked. When your teammates try to Spy-check by running towards you or firing shells keep backing away and avoiding them. There's no visual cue when you deal damage besides blood spatter. I don't know if voice commands can let you make hurt sounds to really sell that you're getting shot.

Unfortunately this only works if players didn't enable "Show damage numbers" and "emit sound when an attack hits" in their game settings.

No, it still works. Disguised spies do not:
-Bleed when shot
-Give hit sounds when shot
-Give damage numbers when shot
-Give uber % when hit with an ubersaw
-Give % of bars that increment on damage like the Soldier's buff banner

Unless you set them on fire, put bleed on them, cover them in jarate or mad milk, apply physics to them, stun them, or kill them, they don't give any indication unless the enemy spy chickens out and fires his gun/tries to cloak. Pretending to be a spy is still a hilariously effective grief.

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Dec 31, 2013

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
For bonus points, play as a scout (who normally moves faster than everyone else), and equip the Baby Face's Blaster (which slows you down so that you move the same speed that a spy disguised as a scout would move).

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Dreggon posted:

Jesus loving christ how is anybody this unironically stupid. Her personality just grates.

You are so loving dumb. I swear to god that half the people that get on loving Twitch have an IQ of 30 or lower.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Twitch superstar is for when all your other life options have failed. vOv

Daman
Oct 28, 2011

holy poo poo the effort she expended in replying on the comments of this is the real grief. long trail of pubbie tears

the people calling stgggs out for being a "kid paying for hacks" is also hilarious. paid for through bitcoin into wuat/ph0ne's offshore israeli accounts right

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Some other things you can do in TF2:

-One of the Sniper's rifles is the futuristic-looking Machina. It only fires when you scope in and shoots tracer bullets which automatically give away your position. The advantage is that when you fully charge a shot (the longer a Sniper stays scoped with their rifle, the more damage the shot will deal, with the maximum being 150. A fully-charged Sniper round will drop any class at or under 150 health, such as Scouts, Spies, Engineers, and Medics.) you do an additional 25% damage and your shots penetrate through multiple targets.

Most of the time when the enemy team is doing a push the Medics will use the stronger classes as cover while they heal and build ubercharges. Don't even try to headshot a Heavy as he lumbers over the horizon: when you see little crosses floating around him, shoot him dead center in the chest and ruin that Medic's uber before he can use it. You outrange that Heavy and if you drop him the Medic will just find another power class to uber but if you kill the good doctor the push won't be as strong. Plus ubers take time to build up and losing one feels so bad.

-Engineers can adjust the direction of their Teleporters. Make the exit face a wall and spray it with whatever shock image you think your team deserves to see.

-This is fun to do if you're on Red (the defending team) and playing on cp_dustbowl. At Stage 3, if an uber push is making its way over the bridge, use a Pyro to blow it off the bridge. Ubercharged enemies are invincible but can still be pushed around by the Pyro's airblast ability. A charge lasts 10 seconds and getting pushed off that bridge just wasted that push.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Action Tortoise posted:

-One of the Sniper's rifles is the futuristic-looking Machina. It only fires when you scope in and shoots tracer bullets which automatically give away your position. The advantage is that when you fully charge a shot (the longer a Sniper stays scoped with their rifle, the more damage the shot will deal, with the maximum being 150. A fully-charged Sniper round will drop any class at or under 150 health, such as Scouts, Spies, Engineers, and Medics.) you do an additional 25% damage and your shots penetrate through multiple targets.

Most of the time when the enemy team is doing a push the Medics will use the stronger classes as cover while they heal and build ubercharges. Don't even try to headshot a Heavy as he lumbers over the horizon: when you see little crosses floating around him, shoot him dead center in the chest and ruin that Medic's uber before he can use it. You outrange that Heavy and if you drop him the Medic will just find another power class to uber but if you kill the good doctor the push won't be as strong. Plus ubers take time to build up and losing one feels so bad.

-This is fun to do if you're on Red (the defending team) and playing on cp_dustbowl. At Stage 3, if an uber push is making its way over the bridge, use a Pyro to blow it off the bridge. Ubercharged enemies are invincible but can still be pushed around by the Pyro's airblast ability. A charge lasts 10 seconds and getting pushed off that bridge just wasted that push.
These are less griefs and more gameplay tips.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Playing well is griefing to online tryhards.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Why are all these streamers so unrepentantly hateful and ignorant?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Jabor posted:

For bonus points, play as a scout (who normally moves faster than everyone else), and equip the Baby Face's Blaster (which slows you down so that you move the same speed that a spy disguised as a scout would move).

Sadly his no longer works, the speed penalty the BFB is no longer severe enough to make peoplte think you're a spy.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

They're streamers.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Because they're awkward shut ins that haven't had anyone tell them otherwise.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

If you managed to go your whole life without developing a modicum of social prowess or marketable skills apart from playing video games you'd probably be an rear end in a top hat, too.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Then, if you were an especially impressive rear end in a top hat, all the other assholes might find it entertaining to watch you be an rear end in a top hat. rear end in a top hat-o-nomics.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

They're gamers.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Dr Pepper posted:

Sadly his no longer works, the speed penalty the BFB is no longer severe enough to make peoplte think you're a spy.

You can still do it if you use a controller! Just push the stick half way. you can also confuse people by just nudging the stick slightly and moving like a slug with crutches across the battlefield. PC players don't know what the gently caress.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Pham Nuwen posted:

gently caress's sake, could you and everyone else in this thread try a different word? Maybe "Two goons rushed forward", "Soon every plan every goon in the mumble channel...", etc.

I guess I done got trolled, but this word is way overused in every single story-telling thread. gently caress.

If using a word actually irritates you that much then you deserve to be trolled you horrible sperg.

To get back on topic though, who the gently caress donates that much money to someone's stream? I mean, do these people not have anything more productive to spend their money on? gently caress, they could buy the game that's being streamed for them and their friends and get more entertainment out of it. :wtc:

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
So speaking of people getting mad about streamers

quote:

A cyber group known by the name of DERP has caused extreme chaos among the online gaming community as it has been following around Twitch user PhantomLord, and subsequently taking down the servers of games that he is trying to play. This, according to the user himself and Reddit.

The group has attacked the servers of League of Legends, DOTA 2, Club Penguin, Battle.net and even EA.com. As of this posting, all servers remained down with the group threatening to take down more claiming “everything is EA’s fault”.

The group originally began performing DDOS attacks on servers when they threatened the Twitch user that if his team didn’t win his game in DOTA 2. As soon as the fate of the game was sealed, the server crashed with them tweeting to the user “No DOTA for you.”

Reddit was also hit and the cops raided his home after it was reported he was holding a hostage.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

MisterOblivious posted:

So speaking of people getting mad about streamers

Reddit was also hit and the cops raided his home after it was reported he was holding a hostage.

:catstare:
How does this even happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

CURATOR OF ANIME posted:

:catstare:
How does this even happen?

Not to get all D&D but the American police force is incredibly militarized and very easily provoked. False reports are actually becoming a seriously dangerous problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swatting

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread