Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Holy poo poo lol. I need to add a switch and animal crossing to my trumpbux shopping list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

yeah you do

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I really want to dig out my old gamecube and original animal crossing now, but they're 1200 miles away in my brothers' storage locker (he now has kids, it's probably in his living room).

I'll get around to picking it up, and a switch, sooner or later. Until then it's murder zombies in SoD2 and trying out games on gamepass. I played "Tracks" the other day just to catch up to a friend on achievos, because yes, we're both that lame. I've got a title to uphold against his recently unemployed rear end.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Like 45 minutes in, this game is 100% my poo poo, and Tom Nook can SMDFTB.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I really want to dig out my old gamecube and original animal crossing now, but they're 1200 miles away in my brothers' storage locker (he now has kids, it's probably in his living room).

I'll get around to picking it up, and a switch, sooner or later. Until then it's murder zombies in SoD2 and trying out games on gamepass. I played "Tracks" the other day just to catch up to a friend on achievos, because yes, we're both that lame. I've got a title to uphold against his recently unemployed rear end.

if you have a PC you can use the Dolphin emulator and download the rom quickly

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Does that little dude's hat say CHUNCE?
You betcha!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I have a cheap laptop. I stick to the xbone. I've been eyeballing a switch recently but it's not a priority. I've learned patience over the years, and I have plenty to keep me occupied in gaming anyhow.

I'm seriously dragging feet on finishing Sniper Elite 4, Planetbase, a bunch of stuff because I generally don't care if I finish them. Animal crossing will be worth it when I eventually get a switch. I really want in on the new Doom too, but that will definitely slide into gamepass soon enough.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

how cheap? dolphin runs on raspberri pi 4 these days, its prolly the best made emulator with the biggest support, and animal crossing runs fine on it. you can even gently caress with the clock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N49j6RW1cJg

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Mar 24, 2020

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Like Christmas Acer Amazon special for $300 about two years ago. It's cheap, but I'm sure the emulator will run on it.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Weeded my island, broke my fishing pole, need my axe. Tomorrow is going to be a very busy day.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1241251039380041728

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Josh is back.

And he's giving me that itch to try out my new GPU in Satisfactory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2X3wlvoShg

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Oh my god.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holy poo poo

animal crossing sold 1.9 million copies

in japan

in 3 days

quote:

The reports were true, as new Famitsu data (thanks, VGC) confirms that Animal Crossing: New Horizons sold a phenomenal 1.88 million copies in just three days in Japan alone.
As mentioned in our original article below, this means New Horizons has had the best launch of any Switch game so far in the region, beating the previous record held by Pokémon Sword and Shield (1.3 million in three days) and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's 1.2 million sales across the same period.
The 1.88 million total only includes physical sales, so adding (currently unknown) digital sales into the mix will likely be eye-watering.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/dancow/status/1242643204278816770?s=20

https://twitter.com/yungdustball/status/1242444298177699843?s=20

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I was adding grow poo poo to my cart on amazon and looked over at the Nintendo page for a minute, switch is sold the gently caress out without a $200 premium, minimum. $450-500 all day, as amazon themselves are out of stock.

So yeah, that's going to be waiting a while longer. I deserve this, it's karma for scalping a Wii when they were initially released. For about the same amount, ahh, irony.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

i dont want to buy a switch, dont make me

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

ElMaligno posted:

i dont want to buy a switch, dont make me

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Animal crossing couldn’t have come out at a more perfect time

That animal crossing Switch is rad as hell too

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

crusty gamestop is doing curbside pickup lol

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Nah, they got their last dollar from me when I had to replace my xbone power supply.

You know, for a first gen xbone, going through two power supplies isn't that bad. I remember red ringing a 360 with a nyko intercooler in like, six months, and I think that one was from the second wave of production.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

best buy is doing that too. order your keyboard and somebody will rush out of the store and drop it in your open trunk like some kind of drug deal

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That poo poo can show up at my door when they go back in stock online somewhere. Everything I'm ordering to grow is coming to my door, so can a Switch in a month or two.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress Microsoft and gently caress Xbox 360, I had one I bought in 2006, red ring in a year and a half. Bought another one vintage 2008, didn't last six months. Bought a refurb off Amazon, actually lasted almost a year, red ringed, I fixed it, DVD drive failed. So in 2010, I bought a Ps3 from the PX in Mannheim, I still have the loving thing and it works great. Xbox can smdftb

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My 360 experience was similar, but aside from two power supply failures (and almost no one stocks power supplies, let alone a microsoft branded one), this xbone has been a workhorse. I run all of my tv apps on it and it runs 18 hours a day now that I'm just thumbing my rear end in a top hat in my apartment all day.

I'm not saying it's great or anything, but PSN was down for how long?

Gamepass is pretty alright for the price I paid. I don't know how I'll feel about it next year when I have to shell out $15/mo for it, but it's definitely more value to me than paying for netflix.

I'm watching the abc news live feed on youtube right now on the xbone. It's literally the backbone of my television viewing.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

the RROD was a drat mess yeah

That said, as much as Microsoft sucks, I’m glad they’re not completely out of the game. Sony was getting a little arrogant dominating the console war (while the Switch spent about two years as a BOTW machine) though I don’t even put Nintendo in the same category as MS/Sony

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ps3 was hot trash from sony

the cell chip bs made it way to hard to develop for and made games run like poo poo compared to 360

i still have mine though since i have the mvc1 and 2 ports on it that got ripped down from eshops when disney bought marvel

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

didn’t the PS3 win though because of Japan sales?

It had some cool games but it definitely seemed overpriced with little games compared to the 360. Wild how this generation seemed to flip

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

didn’t the PS3 win though because of Japan sales?

It had some cool games but it definitely seemed overpriced with little games compared to the 360. Wild how this generation seemed to flip

360 barely sold in japan. they tried with the jrpg Blue Dragon to get sales there after launch, which had Akira Toriyama artwork and everything, but nope.

only reason japan bought at all that i know of was for fighting games, since mvc3 and sf4 played way better online on 360. Ps3 had all the anime fight games though

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Japan was the only place the PS3 beat out the 360, iirc

The 360 team did an incredible job throughout the life of the console, I have no idea what the hell Microsoft was smoking when they changed them out for a bunch of idiots for the Bone.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I think there’s like eight people in Japan rn with an Xbox one

Though Phantasy Star that just came to the US is an Xbox exclusive for the US (and PC) which is some poo poo. I think there’s a Switch one too but it’s streamed per-se since the hardware probably can’t handle it

Anyone get it?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lest we forget Sony had horrendous online forever that only got marginally better after they got hacked to poo poo and shut down for months

PS4 was pretty garbage too until it was patched a bunch

I have no hope for Nintendo. Though what do they care, they print money

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
All I care about consoles is leaving the PC out of their bullshit exclusivity things. RDR2 was dope but I'm not buying a console for it.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

not caring here posted:

All I care about consoles is leaving the PC out of their bullshit exclusivity things. RDR2 was dope but I'm not buying a console for it.

EGS exclusives

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
A good point, but at least I can actually get the game if I hold my nose.

No one is getting my money if it's a console exclusive.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

kojima puts his games on PC now

so the only exclusives i care about now are all nintendo

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I’m not giving a drat dime to Nintendo and their bs exclusivity

Just waiting for them to put all their games on PC

Should be soon

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
PS5 is a lock for me. I straight up do not care about any Xbox exclusives. Halo, Gears of War, don’t give a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i cant care at all about ps5/xbtwo. i may grab a ps5 down the road for cheap for my ps4 library, but otherwise im sticking with switch/pc