Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pro tip: play my cammy somrtime soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SFV is a great game with solid footsies.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
lol it reminds me of babies cause babies have no comprehension of distance so they always reach for stuff that's way too far away and then are all confused.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Jack Trades posted:

He's trying to catch any button with the mp's which can cancel into the berserker barage for free because he is in trigger. Its perfectly sound.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Anyone goon want to play with me?

E: what do I do wrong, mess up?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Waiting to play online is poo poo in this game.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

???? this could be footage from any fighting game

there are some many actual things you could rag on SFV for

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

Just like the posts in this thread...

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
For instance, I refuse to believe that Shadaloo soliders would cheer on a fight happening on their base instead of immediately arresting the trespassers. Frankly glaring inconsistencies like this make it hard for me to fully immerse myself in the Street Fighter lore.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

For instance, I refuse to believe that Shadaloo soliders would cheer on a fight happening on their base instead of immediately arresting the trespassers. Frankly glaring inconsistencies like this make it hard for me to fully immerse myself in the Street Fighter lore.

wtf do you expect them to do they only have 100 health kys my friend

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cat Machine posted:

???? this could be footage from any fighting game

That's a Platinum and a Diamond playing.
Standing still in front of each other and mashing buffered buttons is a really pathetic display of footsies.

It's not the player's fault obviously. SFV just has extra input lag, too slow movement speed and too slow, short and flaccid normals to do anything in neutral other than having a slapfight like that.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

Jack Trades posted:

That's a Platinum and a Diamond playing.
Standing still in front of each other and mashing buffered buttons is a really pathetic display of footsies.

It's not the player's fault obviously. SFV just has extra input lag, too slow movement speed and too slow, short and flaccid normals to do anything in neutral other than having a slapfight like that.

Right, Necalli there has about one more hit before he's dead and grasping at anything to get his Super, Ryu is playing conservatively, throwing out all of two low kicks in this clip, trying to catch one of Necalli's flails. One could make the argument about the distinct lack of footsies, in fact, I think it's thoroughly documented, but this precise example is pretty lackluster, imo.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Illuminado posted:

One could make the argument about the distinct lack of footsies, in fact, I think it's thoroughly documented, but this precise example is pretty lackluster, imo.

You're right, it is.
It looks funny though and I'll gladly take any opportunity to take a dump on SFV.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcLxnXsd18A

I posted this before in the other thread, but what SFV really needs is a new marketing campaign to combat the negative perceptions that have built up around the game, a la Windows Vista. I mean it wouldn't actually fix any of the game's problems, but it would be slightly cheaper.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

WTF is Urien supposed to be doing in general other than fishing for cr.hp combos? His whole game feels like fireballs at range, medium buttons for footsies and then fishing for throw/cr.hp when it's my turn to hit buttons up close which seems like it never ever happens. His V. Skill feels straight up worthless, I've played entire days forcing myself to use it and I never seem to see the armor actually work. I feel like all my wins come from him doing more damage on average when I do land things and then landing a super and being shocked at it doing so much damage. The jumping headbutt with lp seems like it's pretty safe but I have no idea what to do as a follow up other than jab/lk and try it again.

I don't play this game but I can tell you that while watching Long Island Joe's stream in 50+ matches I haven't seen him use metallic aura once except as a taunt on a stunned and nearly dead opponent.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

dhamster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcLxnXsd18A

I posted this before in the other thread, but what SFV really needs is a new marketing campaign to combat the negative perceptions that have built up around the game, a la Windows Vista. I mean it wouldn't actually fix any of the game's problems, but it would be slightly cheaper.

lmao

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I have 129 hours in this game...

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I truly wish that Capcom would be able to do some kind of A Realm Reborn style turnaround, but Capcom's been so preposterously tone-deaf about all of the game's problems, and the the one issue they did acknowledge, and in fact the easiest problem to fix (lack of transparency) still hasn't shown any sign of improvement.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I'm not all that shocked they don't want to be real transparent about a full price f2p money farm that seems to get one programmers attention for a few days out of a month and maybe an artist too if Red Bull pays their salary.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

We Know Catheters posted:

I have 129 hours in this game...

Me too, and everyone here knows much much I love SFV.

I've got almost 1500 hours in SF4 though and that sure is a thing...

ROFL Octopus posted:

I truly wish that Capcom would be able to do some kind of A Realm Reborn style turnaround, but Capcom's been so preposterously tone-deaf about all of the game's problems, and the the one issue they did acknowledge, and in fact the easiest problem to fix (lack of transparency) still hasn't shown any sign of improvement.

We can always hope but I wouldn't hold my breath for a not terrible version of SFV.
I highly doubt they'll implement changes big enough to make the game good again until SF6.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Nov 4, 2016

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I wish Hurthling didn't make me buy Revelator and realize how much better that games lobby system and various non-actual-fighting stuff is. I even like playing with the diorama's. I got sol on a hoverbike :3:

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

Jack Trades posted:

Me too, and everyone here knows much much I love SFV.

I've got almost 1500 hours in SF4 though and that sure is a thing...

I only have ~160 hours in, but mostly because I just don't have much free time these days.

Jack Trades posted:

We can always hope but I wouldn't hold my breath for a not terrible version of SFV.
I highly doubt they'll implement changes big enough to make the game good again until SF6.

I'm honestly of the mind that they will likely scrap further development on SFV aside from another few, likely halfbaked, characters.

If I didn't really enjoy playing with my one character, I'd have written this game off entirely and effectively drop out of the FGC.

If it looks like development is going to be halted, I'll honestly probably give up on it and go do something else. Holding on to the hope that the next iteration will make the practice pay off in the "Arcade Edition".

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Yeah I've got a bad feeling those sales numbers are going to cause a take-our-ball-and-go-home situation. But they deserve it for launching the way they did and being where they are now after so long of a time.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

My problem is that I really like Street Fighter's general gameplay but there's almost no other fighting game out there that plays similarly, certainly not one with at least as many active players as SF4, and no matter how much I try I cannot make myself like any of the anime fighters.

I would've jumped back on Rising Thunder in a heartbeat if it was still available.
Oh how foolish I was back then thinking "Who would even want to play that after SFV comes out?".

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

Jack Trades posted:

My problem is that I really like Street Fighter's general gameplay but there's almost no other fighting game out there that plays similarly, certainly not one with at least as many active players as SF4, and no matter how much I try I cannot make myself like any of the anime fighters.

I would've jumped back on Rising Thunder in a heartbeat if it was still available.
Oh how foolish I was back then thinking "Who would even want to play that after SFV comes out?".

:smith: I think we're in the same boat on that one. As much as I liked playing GGX2, it wasn't my main squeeze. I may go play 3rd Strike on GGPO or something, but I don't see myself playing a Non-SF fight mans primarily.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Looks like Laura took a Computer Science class, finally put on some clothes and got herself a job in a much better game.
Good on you, Laura.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Jack Trades posted:

Looks like Laura took a Computer Science class, finally put on some clothes and got herself a job in a much better game.
Good on you, Laura.

BOOOooooOOOp!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Saint Freak posted:

BOOOooooOOOp!

lmao

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah I've got a bad feeling those sales numbers are going to cause a take-our-ball-and-go-home situation. But they deserve it for launching the way they did and being where they are now after so long of a time.

I feel like when they release the game on arcades it'll probably make enough to make Capcom continue supporting it, but if it somehow doesn't do well...

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

Good on you, Laura.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
Being the "main-stage" fighting game for tournaments makes me believe the game being dropped will never come to pass, so long as it continues to be center stage for big tournaments. Tweaks, balances and updates will always be necessary to keep that train going for players and audiences. Even if the game only exists as a tournament thing, there will always be changes (imo). It's hard to imagine anything ever knocking out Street Fighter from the spotlight.

We know they're willing to go pretty far in terms of adding/removing mechanics (even if a FFXIV style remake is unlikely), so while they did swear off no longer selling new editions of the game, it's entirely probable that they will still continue to make such drastic changes over the years. I might find renewed interest by then. The problem of course, is that we're talking years. It doesn't really do us any favors being stuck with the game as it is, and the whole "won't change until after Pro Tour" thing kind of adds to that frustration.

Full disclosure, I'm not really waiting on the game anymore. There's something fun about it for sure and still just learning how to play like a not-spaz is what kept me at it. But being an online warrior, my wins rarely feel satisfying and my losses are hard to derive any appreciable lessons from even when up against cool goons and others I've met. I've been on the Tekken 7 hype train for a few months now, so it's even harder to appreciate any other FG until I get to sink my teeth into that.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Saint Freak posted:

BOOOooooOOOp!

:vince:

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark
Looks like Akuma is back from his Tekken 7 vacation!!!

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
He'll be playable at the Playstation Experience, hopefully means his release isn't too far beyond that

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

there are 2 empty spots in the character select screen's 2x12 rows so if he's one, who's the other or do they just leave it blank?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3y7uJgFZU4

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

p. cool how akuma decided to lend his services to a bad game out of charity but still managed to be in a good game in 2017

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

there are 2 empty spots in the character select screen's 2x12 rows so if he's one, who's the other or do they just leave it blank?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3y7uJgFZU4

Oh look. It's a Cody with a Demon Flip.

LMAO. I'm just joking.
He won't have the Demon Flip in SFV because that would be at least mildly fun.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they'll give it to him as a 3 bar v trigger and his skill won't build meter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Oh, Demon Flip is for sure a V Skill. Not sure he's keeping the air fireballs normally tho. Might be a VT thing.

As for a second character I saw a silhouette with a yellow paintbrush around its neck and I want to believe.