Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

reporting from the wrong hemisphere it is now getting to be too hot to reliably enjoy red wine as something refreshing, which means, incidentally, that it is getting to be too hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Shaggar posted:

cold weather sucks rear end. global warming ftw

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

prefect posted:

the problem with cold weather is that it makes me want to stay in bed all morning. i need to figure out some way to get my bedroom warmer without turning up the thermostat

i change into different pjs right away. i sleep in basketball shorts and change into a thick top and flannel bottoms and house shoes right away

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
lol if you don't sleep fully nude

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
if i’m depressed i sleep in a jersey and trackpants

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
finished off the wild turkey 101 while watching the MotoGP finale

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
this thread made me want to experiment with gin cocktails at hom

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed
"gin cocktail" sounds like three different sex words

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
when you use crotch scrapings as a starter yeast

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Suntory whisky toki

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

booze

just drink

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
at a good BBQ place having old fashions and custom bourbon cocktails

#wednesdaynightmotherfuckers

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

c alcohol s: drinking a happy hour special winter ale at boxing cat in shanghai

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
had a couple nice cocktails st a bougie place last night, finished off with a baker's 5 year. was good

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
glbc has announced holy moses will be year-round for 2018

didnt see grandes lagos on the seasonal chart tho :\ that was a loving fine summer brew

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
i havent had a drink since sunday fellas

but ive got some poo poo to celebrate so im gonna go drinking tonight!!!

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

36 degrees celsius out and a productive week at work, i think some white wine with ice going into some beer at the pub once it starts cooling off is the ticket

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

i havent had a drink since sunday fellas

but ive got some poo poo to celebrate so im gonna go drinking tonight!!!
same. I was dry all through November and just got over a bad weeklong crunch with lots of ot. I'm on that bourbon bastard tip tonight

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
not drinking for 5 days is probably the longest i have gone without drinking in a few years lol. my last job gave us free beer which is fun at first, but not healthy!!!!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

not drinking for 5 days is probably the longest i have gone without drinking in a few years lol. my last job gave us free beer which is fun at first, but not healthy!!!!
I've been doing dry Novembers and Januarys for a few years now. they are a good test of strength

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Kenny Logins posted:

I've been doing dry Novembers and Januarys for a few years now. they are a good test of strength

SOBER
    but strong

Syllables
Jul 2, 2011

XOF XOF XOF

:fag:
water only

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
delirium christmas beer is a good beer

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

malört is really really bad if you drink it stone-cold sober

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
malort is just bad. it's made cheaply and it tastes bad.

letherbee, the gin makers, have started producing "besk," their take the ancestral liqueur that gave us jeppson's malort. it is still a tremendously bitter beverage, but unlike jeppson's, it tastes good.

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

letherbee makes solid stuff, and Bësk is higher proof too

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

ffs

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

do all these weird brown absinths still have that good good thujone in them or what?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Corla Plankun posted:

do all these weird brown absinths still have that good good thujone in them or what?

yeah, nothing is done specifically to remove it (though the maximum contents is regulated, most evidence is that even in the heyday of absinthe it didn't exceed modern limits). it is most likely a myth that it has any real effect on people, the claimed effects of absinthe were most likely down to artists drinking 80% abv drinks, starting at lunch, out in the hot paris sun

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

yeah, nothing is done specifically to remove it (though the maximum contents is regulated, most evidence is that even in the heyday of absinthe it didn't exceed modern limits). it is most likely a myth that it has any real effect on people, the claimed effects of absinthe were most likely down to artists drinking 80% abv drinks, starting at lunch, out in the hot paris sun

Yeah

I read somewhere that the thujone content of one standard drink of absinthe is like 1/20 of the minimum dose that produces detectable effects

So once you get to that point you are predominantly just smashed/dying

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Somerville brewing company is good

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah

I read somewhere that the thujone content of one standard drink of absinthe is like 1/20 of the minimum dose that produces detectable effects

So once you get to that point you are predominantly just smashed/dying

thujone is toxic to the liver in animal models

if you drank enough to be even possibly psychoactive, suspended in an alcohol solution, you would be dead. there's no fuckin way absinthe ever had any wormwood-based effects.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

it doesn’t have much of an effect on its own anyways, it was just a marketing thing

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

VODKA MONOPOLOWA is a totally ok vodka

here's to knocking back a 750 nightly cause this winter is looking to be hell :thumbsup:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
tori alt spotted

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

i'd be the hobo looking man swigging back stuff outta a binoculars-shaped flask while tori is chugging down light ballpark beers

better bladder than I

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

i had a bijou yesterday

apparently either vermouth or chartreus or both are sweet as gently caress because it was kinda cloying

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

both are very sweet but vermouth can be dry. sweet vermouth is good but is best with a bitter counterpoint

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Hello friends, any rum drinkers here? My collection is growing and I really like dark, unsweetened rums. Mostly from independent bottlers. (I actually bought rum in Scotland lol, at Cadenheads)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

hell yes

i dont drink scotch because every kind just tastes like hay to me because of my broken tastebuds but I looove rum