Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
:siren: CK3 to EU4 Vote :siren:

The second vote, as below, will deal with the nature of the Elissid Crowns.

The largest and mightiest empire on the earth, the identity of the Elissid Empire is in crisis. The high king is currently unmatched in prestige, enormous in landreach, unquestioned in religious and political authority… but this may well crumble into a sea of feuding warlords where the only rights and those won by the sword, and the only truths are those uttered by the victor.

What kind of empire does the Elissid Crowns most resemble?

A — HRE — the many, many, many vassals of the Elissid Crowns pay tribute to the emperor, from Byzantion to Damascus to Seleukia, but they are in all other respects effectively independent (they will use the HRE mechanics from vannila EU4)

B — Middle Ground — the core crownlands of the Elissid Crowns are loyal to the emperor, however the governors of the more distant and unruly regions of Egypt, Persia, Mesopotamia, Syria and so forth are growing in autonomy and ambition, and may well represent a threat to the central authority of the empire (they start with several large vassals that will likely rebel in the early years of EU4)

C — Absolute Empire — The over-king of the Elissid Crowns is unquestioned in his absolute power, echoing the earlier behemoths of Persian and Islamic superpowers (they start EU4 as a single tag, the Elissid Empire

:siren:Go forth and vote!:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
It looks like C is the most faithful to the actual situation but I fear it will become even worse blob than the original Ottomans very fast.

So I'm sure you can make B work there. HRE the Elissid Empire just isn't.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Since the Renaissance will be starting in the Crowns, might as well go all the way the analogy with A

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014

Raserys posted:

Since the Renaissance will be starting in the Crowns, might as well go all the way the analogy with A

I'll buy it. A

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
A

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
When you have the opportunity to have More HRE the Answer is Always yes.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
A makes the most sense with how many cultures exist within the empire.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Begone with the HRE!

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

B

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

I'm going with B - it seems closer to what we actually have and in the hopes it'll lead to a couple of regional powers rather than one power omnoming the entire crown and steamrolling over everything.

MuteAllison
Nov 16, 2013
These are some of my favorite part of these LPs! I can definitely see myself reading through this one multiple times.

That Being said, though C is pretty accurate in-game, I think B opens up a lot of opportunites for both regional powers, and for the chance for a blob if all goes well for them.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
B

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
C because I like to disagree with people on stuff and India was sad that we didn't vote it so I'm avoiding a similar fate.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Raserys posted:

A for the above reason.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Valiantman posted:

It looks like C is the most faithful to the actual situation but I fear it will become even worse blob than the original Ottomans very fast.

B

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
B. C would probably be too dominant gameplay-wise, and A doesn't make sense narratively. We should not force a HRE analogue to exist just because. Let's at least pretend to stay "historically plausible". B still allows for the "collapsing empire" story to play out, or not.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
A

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
B seems the most plausible and interesting.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
B looks fun, strong core, fractious periphery.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
B

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
B.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

B works for me

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
A if only as it gives more shenanigans which might make for some fun paths to come out of stuff.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
A is the one I'd prefer, but I think B is the one which will spawn the most fun stories. A civil war amongst the Elissids will also allow Europe/West Africa to get a reason to go towards the Americas as the trade routes are disrupted by the war.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

B

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
B.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

B

jakethecap
Jan 17, 2021
B

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
I don't have loads of experience with EUIV, but if you can reduce super-blobbing, C feels most suitable. Otherwise- B.

Chatrapati fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Nov 23, 2023

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

B seems reasonable.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Valiantman posted:

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

B

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
B feels the most narratively plausible and the most likely to lead to a good story.

Don’t force an HRE to exist just for the sake of it. Nic Cage, not the HRE, is the only universal constant.

Livewire42
Oct 2, 2013
C

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

B

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
B

If you want a HRE, there's a perfectly good Rome up in Norway.

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!

Captain Oblivious posted:

B feels the most narratively plausible and the most likely to lead to a good story.

I think this is a good representation of an empire with many distant holdings with no unifying culture.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Erwin the German posted:

B seems the most plausible and interesting.

B for this reason

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

I'll go with C, makes the most sense, gives some sort of final boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
A