Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Another Eden seems pretty good so far. There's a couple Chrono Trigger references and a character that looks like Lucca.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm not even far enough for it to matter yet, but according to Reddit, do NOT pick Miyu as your freebie summon since you get her as the registration reward.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Just an fyi

Sideloading the runescape 3 mobile client works perfectly as long as you are a member.

I don't need any other mobile game now.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I went with May because hammers. Then they immediately give you another hammer user. :mad:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I finally managed to get my hands on an apk (loving USA only releases) so I'm still downloading, game's huge. Getting it did finally make me realize I had a huge amount of storage space on my phone being taken up by uninstalled games obb's, which suddenly freed up like 10 gigs of space. Which is nice, thanks Another Eden for being huge enough to make me actually bother to look at my phones storage situation.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
I don't see Another Eden in the US store. No clue what game you guys are referring to.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Holy poo poo that Famitsu sidequest took forever.

I went with Faron since she has a water debuff and water attacks and spears are cool. Are there going to be more systems to this? I feel like there wouldn't be a need to pick skills if characters only got 3 skills.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Doesn't seem like the summons you can do with freebie crystals have a rate up on 10-pulls, so I did a few. Got two generic-y knights and a dupe of one of them.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

cage-free egghead posted:

I don't see Another Eden in the US store. No clue what game you guys are referring to.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=games.wfs.anothereden&hl=en_US

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Echophonic posted:

I went with May because hammers. Then they immediately give you another hammer user. :mad:

I did the same thing but I picked up the chinese punchy lady.

A bit sad to see that there really isn't a "job" system like I thought, character development is a linear progression, there's no choices or anything. Most of the upgrades are boring +1 to Power/Endurance/Speed choices and 90% of the characters will have the same abilities if they share the same weapon class. Oh you got the necromancer guy? Hope you didn't want to raise undead or anything, he's going to cast earth spells like every other mage.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I went with the punchy guy who's the ALLY OF JUSTICE trope. But yeah this game doesn't really seem, at first glance, to have much in the way of depth...

Echophonic posted:

Doesn't seem like the summons you can do with freebie crystals have a rate up on 10-pulls, so I did a few. Got two generic-y knights and a dupe of one of them.

Uh, if you look in the details you see it has the standard 10 pull bonus of one character being 4 stars or higher guaranteed...

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jan 28, 2019

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I was trying to figure out what the hell Miyu's Type resistance down was and I think it's a typo of Light resistance?

Vhak lord of hate posted:

A bit sad to see that there really isn't a "job" system like I thought, character development is a linear progression, there's no choices or anything. Most of the upgrades are boring +1 to Power/Endurance/Speed choices and 90% of the characters will have the same abilities if they share the same weapon class. Oh you got the necromancer guy? Hope you didn't want to raise undead or anything, he's going to cast earth spells like every other mage.

I'm really hoping that there's something more to it. Like, there's clearly a system for picking skills, but even the 4*s have only 3 skills, so maybe something opens up later? It's a dull as hell progression system, though.

Echophonic posted:

Out of curiosity, what happens with dupes?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Infinity Gaia posted:

I went with the punchy guy who's the ALLY OF JUSTICE trope. But yeah this game doesn't really seem, at first glance, to have much in the way of depth...

Uh, if you look in the details you see it has the standard 10 pull bonus of one character being 4 stars or higher guaranteed...

Well that was something I should have looked into!

Looks like there's some sort of light/dark poitn system you can cash in for bonus stats on that unit.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

That Famitsu quest was pretty neat.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Weird. It says my Android One device is incompatible with that, didn't know it just up and hides it from view. That's kinda lovely.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Weird. It says my Android One device is incompatible with that, didn't know it just up and hides it from view. That's kinda lovely.

I feel like the play store has gotten increasingly lovely about what and how it hides stuff from users. It's very frustrating.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I'd rather that system than iOS and how it shows you every app ever whether you can run it or not.

And got help you if you want to try and do something like put Spotify on an old device but never downloaded it before. The hoops you need to jump through are ridiculous

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man it's a looooong loving time before you can do a ten-pull in Another Eden. Pretty stingy.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Infinity Gaia posted:

People ended up kinda completely split up. Like, amusingly so. I dunno which server, if any of them, even has two goons in it.

The real question is WHY DOES THE GAME HAVE SPLIT SERVERS? This hasn't been a thing in major (mobile) games for years. :psyduck:

(I'm on Dalsis)

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

We Know Catheters posted:

Another Eden seems pretty good so far. There's a couple Chrono Trigger references and a character that looks like Lucca.

Whose name is Ashtear.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I think I'm done with Another Eden. The gameplay is just way too basic with no meaningful character customization. Like if you're looking to play an old school JRPG with a gacha thrown on top, then this is it, but god, it is just dull.

Also they don't give you enough exp scrolls so anyone you do summon later is going to be way underleveled, and I feel that levels mean a lot in this game.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The cropping on Langrisser events is surprisingly convienent. I look forward to participating in Departing Bra and the Empire's Hop.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Sweet, I actually got a 5 star on my ten-pull. Considering how loving long it takes to get more I'm pretty happy I got a good unit out of it. I also got two upgradeable 3 stars and a 4 star out of the deal so overall not too shabby.

5-star seems to be a healer too. If Gacha has taught me anything it's that a good support unit is worth its weight in gold. And man, 5-stars seem like they're a LOT better than any 4 stars, since they get an entire additional class page. I know this is usually the case but it feels like it's usually more subtle... On that same metric, 3 stars seem even more useless than normal.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 29, 2019

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Does Another Eden autosave or is there a button somewhere I'm not seeing?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Oh hey I was dragging along a couple of the 3 and a half stars I got because they had sidequests in Ratle and it turns out lower level characters get a pretty significant looking exp buff. Dunno if it's ENOUGH but it's there. You can just drag them along in the backline, too.

mem
Sep 1, 2005

Bruceski posted:

Does Another Eden autosave or is there a button somewhere I'm not seeing?

Autosaves after every battle. Probably at other times too but I'm not sure.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

GrandpaPants posted:

I think I'm done with Another Eden. The gameplay is just way too basic with no meaningful character customization. Like if you're looking to play an old school JRPG with a gacha thrown on top, then this is it, but god, it is just dull.

Also they don't give you enough exp scrolls so anyone you do summon later is going to be way underleveled, and I feel that levels mean a lot in this game.

Whoever is in your "support" roles gets XP too, so you could easily power level someone up. I'm enjoying it so far, its nice to have a gacha + RPG where I don't feel like I have to GO GO GO 24/7 just to keep up with the latest event. Everything seems like a race to do all the things these days, so its nice hitting launch and being able to go at my own pace since I'm splitting my time pretty heavily right now.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Yeah, it's weird and kinda nice to have a game that isn't pushing you to do 7 different events for 12 different currencies and having everything be timed and blah.

Honestly, the Gacha feels weirdly out of place in this game, especially considering you can find the characters chilling around the world every now and then. Makes me wish this was an actual buy-to-own game.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Langrisser thread up.

There's also a spreadsheet to add your IGN and server to, we might be able to figure out where all the goons are.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm actually enjoying the combat. The bosses are a lot of fun once you get a feel for the flow of swapping your units in and out to get MP back. I just did the boss of chapter 6 and it had a very nive feel to it.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Yeah around Chapter 6-7 the game difficulty actually picks up and becomes pretty interesting. I just wish I had picked a different starting 4 star, cuz it was yet another fire elemental unit to compete with the MC and the free princess 4 star. Now that I actually did a ten pull I varied my elemental composition a bit and things feel somewhat smoother now that I can hit with Fire, Earth, Water and Light.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

Yeah around Chapter 6-7 the game difficulty actually picks up and becomes pretty interesting. I just wish I had picked a different starting 4 star, cuz it was yet another fire elemental unit to compete with the MC and the free princess 4 star. Now that I actually did a ten pull I varied my elemental composition a bit and things feel somewhat smoother now that I can hit with Fire, Earth, Water and Light.

Not that there was a preview option in there or anything. I just picked the punchy girl.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Also I finally got definitely-not-Frog in my party and it's actually hilarious how much of a reference he is.

TOO BAD HE'S A GODDAMN 3 AND A HALF STAR AND THUS ALREADY OBSOLETED BY MY 4 STAR CAT OBSESSED SAMURAI. I wonder when you can start getting the materials to upgrade 3 and a halves into 4's? I don't wanna dump the MC cuz I have a sneaking suspicion he gets to be essential later on but his 3 and a half status is bumming me out...

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

If it matters a lot to any of you, https://altema.jp/anaden/tutorial is saying Ciel is probably the best choice for the free pick because of them all, only she and Miyu can go up to 5* atm and Miyu's guaranteed.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I don't think that's even in our version yet, so I'm kinda w/e about it. I picked poorly for my first choice, relatively speaking, but at least I picked with my ~heart~.

Edit: lmao this game isn't even trying anymore, you get to go to The End Of Time. Even the bucket is there. Also this is where, I guess, you can finally grind out the stuff to upgrade 3 and a half stars up a notch. If you want to. Seems to be little reason to do that over simply using a natural 4 or 5 star unless you really like a char. Honestly all the gacha elements in this feel really weird and tacked on.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jan 29, 2019

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Well, I'm fine with it honestly. When I was about 12 or 13 I snagged a complete in box copy of Chrono Trigger on SNES for $5 at a mom and pop video store that was going out of business and it's been my favorite game ever since, so to see something still paying attention to it is fantastic, even if it is just playing at our nostalgia.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Also in a true Chrono Trigger fashion Another Eden is not out in Europe. If this ends up being another Terra Battle situation and it never shows up over here I will be very mad, so very mad at video games.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I grabbed it from Qooop(?) and it installed and ran fine for me, also in euroland (not sure how much longer with Brexit :P)

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Roid666 posted:

I grabbed it from Qooop(?) and it installed and ran fine for me, also in euroland (not sure how much longer with Brexit :P)

Well I got it from APKPure at first and it failed to connect, but I tried QooApp just now and it does work. Thanks!

e: They do appear to be the same version and all so gently caress if I know what happened there.

Veib fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jan 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I grabbed it from apkpure and it worked fine. Am i missing something or do you have to pick your free 4-star based entirely on a cropped drawing and a little symbol?