Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Fidel Castronaut posted:

r/the_donald is freaking out. Even Trumpisawinnter2 is losing confidence. Sad.

Why wouldn't he rule it out? There's zero chance he's going to do it in the next nine months and even if he were (what?), I think we'd have bigger things to worry about than "HE SAID HE WOULD NOT DO IT AND HE LIED!"

lol even /pol/ realizes this is bad and women can vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
this is all according to keikaku

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

shiksa posted:

He speaks his mind. His incomprehensible, possibly senile mind.

He is looking way rougher than two weeks ago though, guy just seems tired generally.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

oystertoadfish posted:

♪♪♫ this is how we pivot ♯♪♪

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

RACHET posted:

Even worse, private schools that aren't T25 let anyone that can get a loan in. It's slightly better than Liberty University.

I'm not sure I agree with you, but what's an E-level university

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
this is turning into a political suicide bombing. 35-40% of the GOP electorate will simply not accept anyone other than Trump even as he does his level best to destroy himself.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Typo posted:

No, you see guys this is actually Trump's play to push Michelle Fields off the news cycle. Genius!

Well I mean it'll certainly do that lmao.

Usually I subscribe to all press is good press but this might be testing that theory. The weak walkback to republican standard position didn't seem to take.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

If you believe abortion is murder, how are women also victims? I get that pro-lifers are delusional and believe to some extent that doctors and liberals get joy out of manipulating women into getting abortions, but what's the rational argument for declaring a woman who has an abortion of her own free will a victim?
"Pregnant women don't have free will because of hormones or whatever" -Conservative Science Monthly

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Why wouldn't he rule it out? There's zero chance he's going to do it in the next nine months and even if he were (what?), I think we'd have bigger things to worry about than "HE SAID HE WOULD NOT DO IT AND HE LIED!"

It would be dumb to rule out, first because it would directly contradict US nuclear weapon policy and second it would be an obvious lie. If there were an existential threat any place is on the table for nuking, including home territory.

I expect his answer would be dismissive or asking why they'd even ask such a question without saying "I promise never to nuke any part of Europe even if aliens are enslavingn all mankind in Europe or gay black hitler shows up."

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Trump please stop taking all my dumb jokes about WHAT NEXT INSANE THING WILL HE SAY and actually saying them

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Trump has been spewing crazy bullshit nonstop to the point where no one can parse it anymore. Laffo if you think this'll matter in four days or even right now.

It doesn't. Nothing matters.

As a vegetarian I am looking at this and actively vomiting. Seriously, it's all over my keyboard, oh god, it's disgustinlfsk

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

If you believe abortion is murder, how are women also victims? I get that pro-lifers are delusional and believe to some extent that doctors and liberals get joy out of manipulating women into getting abortions, but what's the rational argument for declaring a woman who has an abortion of her own free will a victim?

There's your problem.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
politics made Trump prodromal

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

mlmp08 posted:

It would be dumb to rule out, first because it would directly contradict US nuclear weapon policy

There is nothing saying that U.S. nuclear policy involves using nukes ON europe.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
can we all take a brief moment to just appreciate the magnitude of this loving dumpster fire for a second

we have to witness the horrifying protofascist poo poo spilling out of the cracks of the US and come to terms with that but the GOP is tearing itself apart like the previous crew in Event Horizon when they go to Time Hell and it's glorious

glorious

what a show, jesus christ

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im permabanned political candidate JebStomper58

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
I think Nothing Matters has made the turn and now we are approaching Some Things Matter territory.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

your candidate sucks!!! he sucks!!!!! he!!! suckksssss!!

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The answer is "We would not use nuclear weapons on our Allies France, Germany, and Belgium" NOT "Well, we have to keep everything on the table. Let me just say that if it gets bad enough were going to be serving up some extra well done german porksteak with a side of fried frenchies"

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

PT6A posted:

I love how Trump has, in a single act, exposed the rampant hypocrisy of the pro-life movement. You can't have a world where abortion is illegal (ostensibly because it's murder) and not punish people who procure one. That's an utterly non-sensical stance. You can't make something a crime and refuse to do anything about people who commit that crime. The fact that pro-lifers are getting squeamish about punishing women who seek abortions goes to show that their entire view on the subject was ill-conceived in the first place.

Same with this bullshit "illegal but with exceptions for rape and incest." gently caress that. Either it's murder or it's not. If it's not murder (correct!) then there should not be any restrictions, and if it is murder (which it's not), then the circumstances under which the "life" was conceived are irrelevant.

EDIT: How is the woman who procure an abortion a "victim" in any sense? It's her right to do it, for one thing, but even if you believe that abortion is an act of murder, that makes a woman who procures an abortion the equivalent of someone who hires a hitman to kill someone. What is a fetus according to the fantastical, warped conception of the GOP hivemind? Their positions are inconsistent with it being a human life, but it's apparently more important than a domesticated animal while being less important than an endangered species (since you can't be involved in the killing of one of those in any way, or you will be punished).

Yeah, Trump made the mistake of applying the tenets of the pro-life position to their logical conclusion. If abortion is made illegal (because it is murder in the pro-life viewpoint), then why wouldn't women who arrange that "murder" be guilty of a crime?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
This would be a great time for mistressgate to bust wide open

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Slate Action posted:

Donald started to pivot and found himself unable to stop pivoting, just spinning in place faster and faster, becoming an orange and yellow blur, finally drilling through the earth's crust and all the way to CHYNA

If anyone hasn't seen Anthony Atamanuik's Trump impression, it's pretty spectacular. He nails the "CHYNA" perfectly, at around 30 minutes in.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Premise: Abortion is murder.
Premise 2: fetuses are fully fledged human beings with human rights.

That baby should have manned up and stood its ground and had a gun to stop the murder by the doctor.

The mother is only criminally at fault if she fails to report the murder or helps do the procedure herself by guiding the implements.

If the mother kills the doctor during or immediately following the procedure, she's cleared of charges.

If she simply fails to defend the human who didn't defend itself, not admirable, but no crime*

*If she's a cop she might lose her job or be assigned desk duty.

If she pays for it I guess it's a hired hit, though.

This is all rational and logical thinking, folks.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Trump storms into his office, flips a table over, and screams at the nearest intern "whaddya loving mean they dont want the women punished? the gently caress do they think happens to people who break laws?"

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I mean, all I am saying Chris, all I am saying is france and germany are the two sets of hot wires and belgium is the waffle

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

paranoid randroid posted:

Trump storms into his office, flips a table over, and screams at the nearest intern "whaddya loving mean they dont want the women punished? the gently caress do they think happens to people who break laws?"

nah I think it's more like he walks into the office smug and poo poo and someone goes ummm mr.trump about what you said and THEN the table flips

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Venom Snake posted:

There is nothing saying that U.S. nuclear policy involves using nukes ON europe.

Hahahaha what? Everything is on the table, so yes.

Also I'd bet money there's some CONPLAN officials on file at the DoD addressing nuclear war in Europe.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
trump delivering the death blow to the pro-life crowd

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

mlmp08 posted:

Also I'd bet money there's some CONPLAN officials on file at the DoD addressing nuclear war in Europe.

There is 0% lost if Obama literally says "I would never nuke Europe." No political capital, no military capital. Nothing.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

yeesh, i'm starting to think trump should have gotten his position on important social issues hammered out before an interview, but i guess when your top consultant is your "very good brain" it's hard to get an outside perspective on these kinds of things!

tough!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Venom Snake posted:

I mean, all I am saying Chris, all I am saying is france and germany are the two sets of hot wires and belgium is the waffle

Do ya think GYNA would stand for being between two hot wires? No. They're killing us, the Gynese.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/brfreed/status/715289710139150336

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

First we take Manhattan, then we take Berlin.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Once again, just like he did with the racial resentment portion of the GOP, Trump is just saying what pro-life people actually think. Pro-life activists don't actually say they think all women who have sex out of wedlock and then get abortions are sluts and murderers because they want to be seen as a legitimate movement and not an anachronistic vestigal appendage of the modern era.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
a hellish brokered convention where Trump wins anyway is my fondest wish

I am cradling it in my arms close to my heart; whispering it to sleep at night in the wee hours

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I must say I'm a little shocked at the response here and everywhere else. I figured it would be another ho hum nothing matters moment. I mean he also said he wouldn't rule out nukes against Europe and that was just a minor blip.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Fidel Castronaut posted:

There is 0% lost if Obama literally says "I would never nuke Europe." No political capital, no military capital. Nothing.

Just the sort of weakness Batka needs to hear to put his plans into motion...

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
If divisions of Russian tanks are rolling through NATO territory you better goddamn believe they're gonna consider using nuclear weapons.

poo poo, France used to (still does? can't remember) have a whole bunch of medium-range nuclear missiles whose maximum range was somewhere in Germany.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Mr. Pumroy posted:

yeesh, i'm starting to think trump should have gotten his position on important social issues hammered out before an interview, but i guess when your top consultant is your "very good brain" it's hard to get an outside perspective on these kinds of things!

"Corey! I need you to take my brain out! I need an outsiders perspective, see."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

mlmp08 posted:

For what reason would the U.S. use non-tactical nuclear retaliatory strikes or first strikes on members of NATO? The only scenario we have that ever involved direct and conscious nuking of our own allies territory was using tactical nukes on the red army if it was invading western europe. This plan was unsurprisingly very unpopular with the Germans and French, also all our own soldiers in those two countries.

• Locked thread