Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Zedd posted:

I get why they changed the title, but man "all you need is kill" was just too perfect.

It's terrible grammar, it was driving me crazy. All You Need Is [To] Kill, [Killing Is] All You Need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Aatrek posted:

It's terrible grammar, it was driving me crazy. All You Need Is [To] Kill, [Killing Is] All You Need.

The verb-as-noun phrasing is what made it a great title :mad:

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
I thought a good change could've been "All You Need is War".

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Robert Denby posted:

Tom Cruise's character in the film is named Bill, so they could gone with "All You Need is Bill".

His character's full name is Bill Cage, so they could also have gone with "All You Need is Cage" but people would probably be confused as to why Nicolas Cage's biopic was being made before he died, and with Tom Cruise, and with exoskeletons. Well, the exoskeletons part I could understand actually.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Aatrek posted:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one :glomp:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Stare-Out posted:

It also got a new trailer just a while ago and yeah, I'm not sure what kind of a movie it is at all but it looks interesting.

So does Metallica somehow start a revolution\mass riot or is it just a coincidence that one of their underaged roadies gets caught up in it or what?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Shoehead posted:

So does Metallica somehow start a revolution\mass riot or is it just a coincidence that one of their underaged roadies gets caught up in it or what?

Seeing as people were saying it was filmed in Vancouver, Metallica probably assumed that riots always happen in Canada so it just goes with the territory.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Aatrek posted:

Eh, it was Japanese. That's par for the course in Engrish.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Shoehead posted:

Nah, Metallica's playing a "rousing" gig and while everybody watching the show is having a totally metal time, going crazy and headbanging and poo poo. Meanwhile, the world outside is plunged into chaos, highlighting the fragile balance we as society maintain in our day-to-day lives.

Or something. I dunno... Lars needs a new Ferrari?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Robert Denby posted:

It was going to be changed to All You Need Is Tomorrow. That sucks. Another option was Replay. The studio liked it, TC thought it sounded like a video game movie (I agree). The other final options were The Final Day which erroneously implies this movie is about the Apocalypse in my opinion and Tomorrow Never Comes which is alright I suppose.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

kiimo posted:

It was going to be changed to All You Need Is Tomorrow. That sucks. Another option was Replay. The studio liked it, TC thought it sounded like a video game movie (I agree). The other final options were The Final Day which erroneously implies this movie is about the Apocalypse in my opinion and Tomorrow Never Comes which is alright I suppose.

It seems like a lot of the suggestions probably skirted very close to, or sounded exactly like, James Bond titles so maybe they wanted to avoid that as well.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Tomorrow Never Comes is nice but it sounds a bit too similar to Tomorrow Never Dies. I think the problem is that 'Edge' has become so overused in titles that even though its relevant to this film, the title ends up sounding pretty generic.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Why all the Beatles references?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Tomorrow Never Comes is a James Bond movie. I feel so strongly about it that I am certain I've already seen it. You're absolutely right.

Weird cover for a Bond film though.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Coffee And Pie posted:

Why all the Beatles references?

Yeah if they were hankering for a song they should have gone for Harder Better Faster Stronger which actually fits the premise.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

A Day in the Life

:aaaaa:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Groundhog Day 2

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
Groundhog DIE!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Faster, Groundhog! Kill! Kill!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Stare-Out posted:

It also got a new trailer just a while ago and yeah, I'm not sure what kind of a movie it is at all but it looks interesting.

This looks like they made a movie out of "Revolution X" but replaced Aerosmith with Metallica.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

kiimo posted:

A Day in the Life

:aaaaa:

The Life in a Day.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I would have went with the hashtag for the title, Live Die Repeat. I like that.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Being For the Benefit of Mr. Kill

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Be Kind, Rewind

Be Kill, Rewind

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Tom Cruise in Science Fiction Movie

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

A Short Kill About Filming.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

X-Men: Days of the Future Past Comic-Con posters

New Elysium poster

THIS

poo poo

IS

GETTING

OLD

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I said this when the first movie came out, but man that really is some dynamite casting.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Pablo Gigante posted:

Being For the Benefit of Mr. Kill

The Continuing Story of Bungalow Kill

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

What is that, First Class 2?

Are those movies really still profitable enough that they can keep getting made forever? :ughh:

Also, Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen seem like they should look more worried about their skulls getting chopped into pieces

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

These are actually well-done. A far cry from the First Class posters.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Oooh, I like those.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

What is that, First Class 2?

Are those movies really still profitable enough that they can keep getting made forever? :ughh:

Also, Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen seem like they should look more worried about their skulls getting chopped into pieces

Those are for X-Men: Days of Future Past which is supposed to rectify every X-Men and X-Men related movie so far and reboot the franchise at the same time.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hasters posted:

Those are for X-Men: Days of Future Past which is supposed to rectify every X-Men and X-Men related movie so far and reboot the franchise at the same time.
:stare:
So it's going to be the last one, but also inevitably get a sequel?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Casting Michael Fassbender as Ian McKellen Magneto was pretty much perfect. Not only can he play like McKellen but once Fassbender gets older he'll resemble McKellen less and more our memory of Magneto in the comics/cartoon. It's a win win. I hope he never abandons the role. I can't wait for long silver haired Magneto Fassbender.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Now those are brilliant posters - seems they got actual designers this time around.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Helter S-Kill-ter?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

First Class will have its own proper sequel, apparently. So my guess is that this movie will end the timeline of the original X-Men movies so they can reintroduce the characters in future sequels with different actors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

It's ambitious and if done right could be amazing, but I'm reserving judgement until after The Wolverine.

Codependent Poster posted:

First Class will have its own proper sequel, apparently. So my guess is that this movie will end the timeline of the original X-Men movies so they can reintroduce the characters in future sequels with different actors.

Except Hugh Jackman of course