Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

rabidsquid posted:

Why would they go back to the old scoring system for the week long event, who wants to clear nodes every 8 hours for a loving week straight :smithicide:

Rocket and Groot was doing that along with the leveling of enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

only once you'd beat them three or four times I think

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Phoon posted:

only once you'd beat them three or four times I think

Aha, that explains it. I was too busy trying to snag all the ISO I could to realize that was why the points dropped.

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

rabidsquid posted:

Why would they go back to the old scoring system for the week long event, who wants to clear nodes every 8 hours for a loving week straight :smithicide:

No poo poo. Looks like I will try and join right before the end and see if I can steal some War Machine covers.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I'm starting to really pick up more 2-star covers. My 1-star Iron Man and Black Widow are all I have left, but I only need a few more HP to unlock 3 slots (which I plan to blow on 3-star Quicksilver, 2-star Black Widow, and 2-star Torch). Should I hold onto 1-star Iron Man (with all his covers I could theoretically level him up a bunch) and Black Widow (the 5-turn stun is pretty nice) for DPD's 1-star mission, or should I ignore that and continue climbing.

Edit: Alternatively if 1-star Juggernaut is better than Iron Man and Black Widow I have enough covers where I could load up on him, just curious what you guys would advise.

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 14:52 on May 20, 2016

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Atoramos posted:

I'm starting to really pick up more 2-star covers. My 1-star Iron Man and Black Widow are all I have left, but I only need a few more HP to unlock 3 slots (which I plan to blow on 3-star Quicksilver, 2-star Black Widow, and 2-star Torch). Should I hold onto 1-star Iron Man (with all his covers I could theoretically level him up a bunch) and Black Widow (the 5-turn stun is pretty nice) for DPD's 1-star mission, or should I ignore that and continue climbing.

Edit: Alternatively if 1-star Juggernaut is better than Iron Man and Black Widow I have enough covers where I could load up on him, just curious what you guys would advise.

Once you have enough covers I'd replace Iron Man with Juggernaut. When you have enough covers for 2* Black Widow you can replace your 1* Black Widow.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I think you can beat the 1 star dpd with any fully levelled 1 star, I use spider-man (I also use him for the 2 star waves)

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008

Yeah any 1* solo shouldnt have much trouble with that DPD round, my lvl 38 Iron man does fine and I havent cared to finish leveling him up haha.

Truman Sticks
Nov 2, 2011
I think the reason people use Juggernaut is because he's never come up in the 1* DPD match as an opponent before, whereas guys like Iron Man and Spiderman have (which would lock you out of playing that round if you don't have another 1*).

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Truman Sticks posted:

I think the reason people use Juggernaut is because he's never come up in the 1* DPD match as an opponent before, whereas guys like Iron Man and Spiderman have (which would lock you out of playing that round if you don't have another 1*).
Yup, plus his green is efficient churn for getting annoying tiles out of the way on days where they have the Real Shitter opponents like baby symbiotes, and his red one-shots any given opponent in it.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Considering I just nabbed Kamela Khan and The Hood from standard tokens this morning, I'm looking to dump my 1*s so this solo Juggernaut sounds like the best plan.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Looks like I attacked the wrong person in the simulator. Have gotten hit 14 times since last night.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Thank you Classic Torch. Got myself a 4Jean Blue from champing him this morning.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Looks like I attacked the wrong person in the simulator. Have gotten hit 14 times since last night.

By the same person? What alliance?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

21st Cherry boy posted:

By the same person? What alliance?

Nah a bunch of different people. I wasn't really paying attention to alliance or to names. I just attack whoever gives me the most points for the least work. Just noticed a huge list when I opened it up this morning.

As long as I hit 4k for the season that's all I care about. Sweet sweet 10 pack.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well Luke Cage PvP events are always horrible. But the 300 point token got me Punisher Max, who I didn't have yet. So I suppose this one was okay.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gently caress I hate fighting powered up Daken.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

MarcusSA posted:

gently caress I hate fighting powered up Daken.

I love using powered up Daken though so it balances out.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I just started really playing two days ago, but thanks to the Mystique event I feel like I'm in pretty good shape: https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Atoramos/

Slowly working my way through the prologue to finish up Thor, Storm, and Juggernaut. I still get creamed whenever I check out versus mode, I keep getting matchups with level 50+ characters and cycling through hasn't been so helpful. Getting there, though.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Atoramos posted:

I just started really playing two days ago, but thanks to the Mystique event I feel like I'm in pretty good shape: https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Atoramos/

Slowly working my way through the prologue to finish up Thor, Storm, and Juggernaut. I still get creamed whenever I check out versus mode, I keep getting matchups with level 50+ characters and cycling through hasn't been so helpful. Getting there, though.

Once you get that Magneto and Storm up there you'll start seeing a huge difference. I built up my 3 stars by doing the Deadpool Daily with 2* Storm, Magneto, and Captain Marvel.

Edit: Up to 16 times hit and down 300 points from yesterday. Luckily running a winfinite makes all but capped 4 star teams easy as hell to beat.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

McDragon posted:

Well Luke Cage PvP events are always horrible. But the 300 point token got me Punisher Max, who I didn't have yet. So I suppose this one was okay.

I loved it. Luke Cage at 5 black with Cyclops generating red for cheap 5000+ shots and Falcon boosting LC's defense tile was fantastic.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Decided to use my 1 Legendary Token and 100 CP.

Luckily no Dupes this time.

X-Force Wolverine Yellow
Kingpin Yellow
Drex Red
Silver Surfer Blue
Nova Black

Can't remember the last one.

Pretty meh haul except for Kingpin.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Last two times I bought a legendary character they blessed me with The Thing 1000 ISO.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
What are the goon guilds? Just getting started figured I'd ask

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Wow I just beat the 4* dpd node for the first time ever with only 2 yellow IW covers, it's finally happening!

Took a few tries and I boosted 100% match damage and 50% one of her other colors (not blue, obviously) and 2 yellow AP. All I did was be mindful of the invisibility tile while I systematically took out the locked team up tiles and try my best to gently caress up potential blue matches on my turn. You can have more than one invis tile at a time if you're like me and have to match away one of them on your turn, otherwise save your yellow for when he gets lucky and zaps your tile. Quicksilver managed to blow me up once, but I had enough health to take one hit like that with a couple hundred remaining. Made it by the skin of my teeth, and got my venom to 0/1/2.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
Took me a couple tries and many boosts, but I finally got him.
My reward was math Hulk. gently caress. :smith:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

That Ignorant Sap posted:

Took me a couple tries and many boosts, but I finally got him.
My reward was math Hulk. gently caress. :smith:

Took me 2 tries because I took the first round too lightly. Only had to use the +2 R/Y boosts though, so not a big loss in terms of boosts.

But the result was the same. Math Hulk. Black Cover.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Yeah the closest I got to beating him was getting him to 1000 health left. He then somehow got Fists of Fury 4 rounds in a row and killed me. I will not be trying again.

The worst part is that tomorrow I get a daily reward of a Green IW cover, which would have made a hell of a big difference.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

You'll have 90 mins after the daily reward comes in before the event expires.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
So just started had some survey points to drop I'm looking at
3 star colossus classic
3 star cyclops uncanny

2 Hawkeye modern
2 ares dark avengers
2 Steve Rogers
2 magneto marvel now
2 bullseye dark avengers
2 captain America ms marvel
2 daken dark avengers
2 Thor (from the story)

1 star spiderman, storm, Thor, black widow from story

Most the 2 stars seem eh outside of ares,Thor and maybe marvel?
Am I missing something on the other people?

Do you want to leave one person at 1 star or do you need 3? I'm actuality digging iron man

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Tiny Chalupa posted:

So just started had some survey points to drop I'm looking at
3 star colossus classic
3 star cyclops uncanny

2 Hawkeye modern
2 ares dark avengers
2 Steve Rogers
2 magneto marvel now
2 bullseye dark avengers
2 captain America ms marvel
2 daken dark avengers
2 Thor (from the story)

1 star spiderman, storm, Thor, black widow from story

Most the 2 stars seem eh outside of ares,Thor and maybe marvel?
Am I missing something on the other people?

Do you want to leave one person at 1 star or do you need 3? I'm actuality digging iron man

I actually like 2 star hawkeye a lot and he's normally a part of my team. Marvel Now magneto seems eh until you realize you can combine him with classic storm and Hawkeye to get 5+ matches regularly.

I can't seem to make Ms. Marvel or Steve Rogers useful.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

CaptainScraps posted:

I actually like 2 star hawkeye a lot and he's normally a part of my team. Marvel Now magneto seems eh until you realize you can combine him with classic storm and Hawkeye to get 5+ matches regularly.

I can't seem to make Ms. Marvel or Steve Rogers useful.

Marvel works well with Storm and Magneto to fill out the unused colors so you're not wasting matches. Her yellow is a decent board shake and her black hits pretty well over the entire team.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Interesting good to know thanks
I've been just using cyclops colossus ares to bash my way through early content while trying to get any covers I can to help iron man storm or whoever

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I got a Carnage green from my Clash token. So I'm digging the continued troll of only giving me green covers to 4*s that really need other covers to compete (0/0/5 The Thing, 2/0/0 Ghost Rider)

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I use steve rogers sometimes, I have his blue fully upgraded so it can replace any tile

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Steve is OK for survival nodes at 3/5/5, once you've got enough red/blue to throw shields you can keep on doing them for a cost of essentially 1AP a time.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Awwwwww yeah ripped open my 10 pack for two 3*s and eight 2*s.

To add insult to injury, only one of the eight 2*s could be used a championing material.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Thanks for the fifth health pack in a roll Dickpool. :argh:

They're just gonna sit with the other 50 health packs I never use.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008

Chuds McGreedy posted:

Wow I just beat the 4* dpd node for the first time ever with only 2 yellow IW covers, it's finally happening!

Took a few tries and I boosted 100% match damage and 50% one of her other colors (not blue, obviously) and 2 yellow AP. All I did was be mindful of the invisibility tile while I systematically took out the locked team up tiles and try my best to gently caress up potential blue matches on my turn. You can have more than one invis tile at a time if you're like me and have to match away one of them on your turn, otherwise save your yellow for when he gets lucky and zaps your tile. Quicksilver managed to blow me up once, but I had enough health to take one hit like that with a couple hundred remaining. Made it by the skin of my teeth, and got my venom to 0/1/2.

Yeah as long as you keep matching yellows and wearing him down you'll be ok. IW fight is a weird one but if you can take his blue matches while also unlocking his AP tiles, you'll be A-OK as long as you stay hidden enough hehe.

I was so busy this weekend I missed the whole PSylocke event which sucks since i have her maxed and the teamups were perfect, would have been an easy 400-500 points womp.. Daken is annoying but at least its not Luke Cage, Thor and Kamela with him is an easy teamup roll unless your Thor dies for some reason and your daken blues are al lthats left to heal hah.

I got 25CP login bonus and my IW legendary token from DPD this weekend, got a Silver Surfer Blue finally and a Amadeus Hulk cover. Nick Fury and IW are at the front of the DPD 4* challenges loop if I recall, so the older 4* chars are coming up for the next ones... It's usually pretty consistent that the DPD's Vault's 4* char challenges, at least one of them, will be the 4* event for that vaults duration. So most likely 4* Wolvie is next, which would be cool since I might have enough covers to win that for once now heh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

I got a Carnage green from my Clash token. So I'm digging the continued troll of only giving me green covers to 4*s that really need other covers to compete (0/0/5 The Thing, 2/0/0 Ghost Rider)

That's rough, Thing's Yellow is great and is what makes him skipworthy in PVP lol. Green is real good though, but that looming risk of getting a duplication right now isnt worth it haha.