Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

To be honest I've pretty much never progressed past Prof X / SW / GW.

Such a fun gross combo though, but I only have about 5 of him, and Jean is about the same unfortunately..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zeesik
Nov 30, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Is there an alliance I can join for the civil war event?

Nevermind, the game was buggy for some reason and didn't show the alliance anymore. Restarting fixed it though.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Nothing kills your desire to play this game more than having the AI make 10 separate match-5s in the same match. :suicide:

Also regretting playing the Captain America side of the civil war last time, since they decided to make the Iron Man side harder this time around. And make the rewards worse.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Yeah, I guess a couple of Quake covers might be nice but the rest of the rewards are just useless. Sam Wilson and Vision? :cmon:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So am I crazy because I thought that when your guild moved on to the next round the boss node unlocked so you could start it again? I swear that's how it worked last time.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Pizza dog is really taking the civil war thing to heart

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Ignite Memories posted:

Pizza dog is really taking the civil war thing to heart

You never turn down an opportunity to repeatedly punch Captain America in the face. :colbert:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Ant man is awesome, quake isn't even a real superhero :colbert:

Kiffetastic
Aug 20, 2004

Oooooh Yeeeees!

BGrifter posted:

You never turn down an opportunity to repeatedly punch Captain America in the face. :colbert:

Seconded. I'm just sad Hulkbuster isn't buffed this go-round. Buffed repulsor punches are the best repulsor punches.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well I had a nice back-to-back windfall from the resupply. Yesterday was a Legendary Token, Yellow Goblin. Today it was 25 command points, the 20 roll got me a Purple Phoenix.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

MarcusSA posted:

So am I crazy because I thought that when your guild moved on to the next round the boss node unlocked so you could start it again? I swear that's how it worked last time.

That only ever was the case for the Ultron boss event.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I'm fighting Iron Man so I can finally get some more Antman covers. I already pulled a Psylocke from the Team Cap token my team earned.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I have one cover for War Machine, Miles and Drax. Are any of them worth keeping around?

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008

I like Quake for tile destruction and shuffling but I would rather have the ant man covers, my alliance wants to work on team IM first though. We'll hopefully get a day of pushing Cap team though and maybe I'll get another ant man or two out of it.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008

Ignite Memories posted:

I have one cover for War Machine, Miles and Drax. Are any of them worth keeping around?

Miles is an awesome Low AP char but yeah p much any of these are hard to choose from when you dont have enough HP for slots, though Idk War Machine's skills just yet. Save the other covers as long as you can and hopefully you'll get enough HP for another slot or two soon?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Miles must scale up with covers really well, then. If I recruited him right now he would have the mighty power to generate one web tile for a mere 8 yellow mana, which could then be matched for 1 pink mana.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
My Miles is 0/1/1 and I'm keeping him solely because with a bit of luck I should be able to beat his Crash of the Titans fight.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
If I could get a second red cover I'd use Miles more often.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I like these big guy events because you know if you're gonna lose by like the third round of the fight. If his first move is a match 5 that cascades enough to let him drop two powers by the second turn, you're just hosed.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

I like these big guy events because you know if you're gonna lose by like the third round of the fight. If his first move is a match 5 that cascades enough to let him drop two powers by the second turn, you're just hosed.

Yeah no poo poo today I had IM take 6k off my OML in like the second round. I swear the it feels like the AI is a cheating motherfucker sometimes.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

ninja alamode posted:

Quake is, if not top tier with those others, right behind them, because she was made to counter some of those top tier characters. She completely neutralizes Jean and Red Hulk, and weakens Iceman. Besides one of the best passives in the game (negating area damage), her own area attack is fairly strong with free board shake. I think the main reason Quake isn't listed with the top five characters you listed is because she came out after they stopped allowing you to directly buy covers, so not many people have her fully covered yet, but I can see her eventually being top tier right along with them.

I mean fair but its really hard to neutralize any of those characters entirely.
Also her board shake isn't super cheap.

Jean makes you avoid match 5's. Accidental match 5's don't benefit you.

Red hulk leveled up can just keep producing green

Iceman can freeze for extremely cheap and just generally has a pretty gross damage

hulkbuster can still knock her out with little trial

And then theres the entire 5 star tier.

She's totally a utility to like everyone listed but at the same time I don't see anyone with any of those on there teams cowering and just skipping that person. Especially because of the 5 star tier.

She's up there but there a lot fours that are just bubbling below top 5 who all have pretty good single target damage (buster and ice are in the top 5 and have drat good single target damage actually) She's fair but way too late.

But lets be real its all theory talk anyhow not like I'll ever have any of these dudes i just talked about fully covered without throwing a few months worths of checks at this game with amazing luck.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 27, 2016

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah no poo poo today I had IM take 6k off my OML in like the second round. I swear the it feels like the AI is a cheating motherfucker sometimes.

I had Phoenix match-5 at least three times in a row and kill Captain America today. :argh:

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Once I realized that even loosing gets me points in this event I'm trying to get my punches in more.
2 Star Hawkeye Modern, of all people, has actually helped me actually take down one of the Iron Mans.

Managed to get 4 star Antman(small time crooks & Ants!Ants!Ants) are his abilities. Not bad?

I almost got rid of my Human Torch earlier but need him for some of these matchups. Is he worth keeping after this at all? Seems very eh.
Johnny Storm 2 star if that makes a difference. 4 covers total for him in terms of abilities.

edit: here we go. I got a 16/16 roster with 8 people I either need to claim or sell and I got no idea who the hell is worth holding on to or not. There a guide anywhere that gives some clue towards who is actually good building around without me just listing all my crap?

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
I guess it just depends on how much time, effort and money you want to put in. Over a long enough period of time, you'll have enough iso and covers to champion him, and there's no real reason NOT to champion a character. My 2* Johnny Storm basically never gets used, but he earns the occasional hero points and Heroic Token from earning extra covers and such. If you chuck $10 at the game every so often you can afford to roster anyone. I get not wanting to put money in a Free To Play game too, but the amount of time I've spent on the game makes the value propostion okay too.

If you're looking for guides, there's one or two every ten pages of this threads, and there's some stuff on the D3P forums. As a rough start for 2*, build up OBW, Modern Magneto, Classic Storm, Thor and Hawkeye first. Maybe Ares too, but I hate that guy.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Once I realized that even loosing gets me points in this event I'm trying to get my punches in more.
2 Star Hawkeye Modern, of all people, has actually helped me actually take down one of the Iron Mans.

Managed to get 4 star Antman(small time crooks & Ants!Ants!Ants) are his abilities. Not bad?

I almost got rid of my Human Torch earlier but need him for some of these matchups. Is he worth keeping after this at all? Seems very eh.
Johnny Storm 2 star if that makes a difference. 4 covers total for him in terms of abilities.

edit: here we go. I got a 16/16 roster with 8 people I either need to claim or sell and I got no idea who the hell is worth holding on to or not. There a guide anywhere that gives some clue towards who is actually good building around without me just listing all my crap?

its complicated because the way that dead pools daily quest blocks you off from picking who you like.

There are like 10 3 stars worth rostering but you'll likely need closer to 20-30 if you want DDQ to actually award tokens and iso etc.

4 stars are difficult and can effect your pve score.

5 stars are more powerful then anything you'll get till you have a 3 star leveled up, even at 1 cover, (hell they are more powerful then 4's at one cover due to their match damage)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I have been using my 2* Hawkeye OML SW to take down Iron Mans. When SW's blue fires off a lot of the time it's going to set up a match 5 which triggers Hawks power for massive damage. It's fun most of the time unless the fucker gets a huge cascade and fucks me.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

GlenMR posted:

If you're looking for guides, there's one or two every ten pages of this threads, and there's some stuff on the D3P forums. As a rough start for 2*, build up OBW, Modern Magneto, Classic Storm, Thor and Hawkeye first. Maybe Ares too, but I hate that guy.

This, plus I really like Wolverine too.

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I got a 16/16 roster with 8 people I either need to claim or sell and I got no idea who the hell is worth holding on to or not. There a guide anywhere that gives some clue towards who is actually good building around without me just listing all my crap?

Feel free to list your crap. If any of the 8 people you have covers waiting for are Blade, Scarlet Witch, Grey Suit Widow, Iron Fist, or Luke Cage, absolutely keep them. Beyond that I'll have to see what your choices are.

Edit: is it a bug that Vision's Density:Heavy tile is affecting ALL my attacks instead of just Vision's match damage, or did he get balanced and I missed it?

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 17:52 on May 28, 2016

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Hulk/She-Hulk/Kamala is a crazy team against Iron Man. Nearly every one of his matches triggers Hulk's Anger which floods the board with green for She-Hulk's Furious Charge which drains Iron Man's ability to fire powers and also heals your team for nearly 1000 a pop thanks to Kamala. It's a slow battle since you have to make sure you keep enough green on hand to scream enough to keep IM in check but you can slowly whittle him down without losing anybody.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Got to the top of the simulator for the first time. Second Drax card hell yeah. Then shielded for 24 hours because screw everyone else I'm the king.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
This has been the first season I actually actively participated in. If I keep it up I can end in the 200 range and get some more ISO with those heroic tokens.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
My alliance tore it up this civil war. 5 4* covers (3 ant-man/2 quake) and a civil war token. My bonus one from hitting the top tier gave me a 5* Captain America.

IAmUnaware
Jan 31, 2012

Yeah, gently caress that.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Overcome your attacker. Click to spend $1,000.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

hahahaha 38

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Goddammit, why didn't they go back to the Rocket and Groot scoring system for the new PVE event. That was the first time I was ever able to get the max progression reward without poopsocking. loving D3.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So I'm slowly starting to max cover more dudes and with my lack of ISO it's making it harder to pick which one to work on.

Right now I can champ and have covers for
Patch
IM40
Mags 3*

I already have an OML with 4 covers so I figure patch wouldn't be super useful for me. Who's gonna give me more mileage IM or mags?

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Since the change to IM40 he's really good now. I would have said cmags before. Now it's a toss up.

Edit. I'd probably still go cmags. IM40 shines when his yellow is feeding another character. If you have a well covered iceman or someone else to have im40 feed go that way if you want.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

skipdogg posted:

Since the change to IM40 he's really good now. I would have said cmags before. Now it's a toss up.

Edit. I'd probably still go cmags. IM40 shines when his yellow is feeding another character. If you have a well covered iceman or someone else to have im40 feed go that way if you want.

Ah that's a great point. I'm still pretty early into champing people so the only other character I have is GSBW. Thanks for the advice.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I'd go for Patch personally. Then again, since you actually took the time to max the good Magneto I'd say him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
IM40 is awesome but he's a total one trick pony. His Yellow is amazing, but it needs characters to feed. Levels aren't quite as important to him.

CMagneto is kinda underrated. His red is a top notch board shake and his blue still hits decently hard for a 3*. He's really handy as a random third team member when you need red or blue coverage.