Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Day 2 is out: http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/lockeandload/

It's just a twitch stream about the storyline mode. Also there is a tape recorder with a message of some sort - probably the SECRET.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The riddle for day 2 is both a) trivially easy and b) already hacked out of the game by filedivers, who know where all of the riddle solutions will be for the whole event. It's firestarter day 1.

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Oh. Well, that's ok, given that modding the Brenner, m308, and AK-47 don't exactly have huge damage boosting mods available (given that the dumb ak/car pack refuses to give me 3/4 of the stuff I bought it for, because of achievement-locking (behind dumb achievements I didn't feel like grinding (though I did try to do the art museum in ICTV one solo about a hundred times out of sheer bloodimindedness before giving up (getting to within 1 second of success about 20 times))). It's still wonderful compared to the old 'everyone has amcars' thing. And having one of them actually able to pierce shields goes a long way (in making them slightly less useless-feeling, since I can kill shields at a rate of about one per two seconds as is).

Honestly, I just like being able to pick specific heisters and give them specific masks more than anything. It's the little things, quality of "life" stuff.

e: Also, 7.6gb update jfc

Seriously dudette, get on the discord, we'll get you every unlockable weapon mod in like an hour once we have a group.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Yeah no joke PD2 goons are super helpful, patient, and nice or we wouldn't be able to put up with each other for like 3+ years.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Except Wilko, he sucks.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Vox is only nice to us because he found someone better to be angry about.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

The AR/CAR pack achievements are all really fun to do, except for maybe Here Comes The Pain Train but it’s still pretty easy so it’s fine. I did all of them with a friend of mine before I even bought the pack.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

maswastaken posted:

Vox is only nice to us because he found someone better to be angry about.

Nah I'm still around no worries bud

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Discendo Vox posted:

Except Wilko, he sucks.
C/D: He is the worst

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Happened to notice that my achievement completion rate was suddenly 65% instead of 100%. :stare:

Then I realised that was because they added achievements for all heists on all difficulty levels below Mayhem, so I booted up the game and got 300 at a go.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Day 4's just a VR AMA http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/lockeandload/

More interesting is this...thing. My money's on new secondary shotgun.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

It's apparently some sort of saiga 12 variant. We need chairface to weigh in on it and the other gun from the site.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
The natives are getting restless, it seems. Any word on the release date for the heists and the Death Vox difficultly?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

The heists are scheduled for, iirc, days 5 and 10.

TheObserver posted:

The natives are getting restless, it seems. Any word on the release date for the heists and the Death Vox difficultly?

Crackdown, the official title of Death Vox reborn, is in the current restoration mod version. It's still very, very, very much a work in progress- we need to fix things with shields, medics, enemy models, Captains, all of stealth...but it's available.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
Is that Version 6.08?

Iamgoofball
Jul 1, 2015

TheObserver posted:

Is that Version 6.08?

Nah, it's not out yet.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
BROTHERS, SISTERS AND BELIEVERS OF THE SHOTGUN, REJOICE. IT IS NOW AKIMBO!

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Crabtree posted:

BROTHERS< SISTERS AND BELIEVERS OF THE SHOTGUN, REJOICE. IT IS NOW AKIMBO!

oh my god

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

WAT

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

...18 damage for the shotgun? Is it supposed to be street sweeper damage/m1014 tier?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Hoo yeah that damage kinda sinks the "Woah cool" of a new gun pretty fast.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

EorayMel posted:

...18 damage for the shotgun? Is it supposed to be street sweeper damage/m1014 tier?

Street Sweeper and M1014 are different tiers, and comparing this shitheap to them is doing a disservice to both.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The max damage with shotgun skills and silencer skills I can get it up to is 45. still less than an unmodded street sweeper + shotgun skills

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Warning, the new heist crashes while loading on One Down difficulty.

Also warning: we may be getting a special new enemy soon.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

It's not a guaranteed crash. Both my friend and I were able to individually load up the new heist on One Down.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
loving right, custom laser colors. I've been wanting those since Goonmod died. Now all I really need is push-to-hold and I could probably get rid of all my mods.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

bbcisdabomb posted:

loving right, custom laser colors. I've been wanting those since Goonmod died. Now all I really need is push-to-hold and I could probably get rid of all my mods.

Bad news: it's set per-gun, so now you get to go through your entire inventory and set each.

Shotgun: I love everything about it but the damage. Even with 000 buck it's unable to single headshot standard cops on Overkill without Overkill. I like the feel, the sound, everything except that the damage is painfully low.

Alaska Heist: Liking it as well. Good close/mid range fighting, plenty of cover and maneuvering paths, objectives are varied enough and reasonably fair.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Trying out the Shotgun it's definitely most fun with akimbo+shotty skills to get the damage over 40 and the ammo count super high. They're full-auto so they kind of end up like a shotgun LMG.

EDIT: If you build around them with Hitman/shotty skills/body expertise/akimbo stuff, they can be a maximum fun-haver weapon. Haven't looked into silencers or anything.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Oct 24, 2017

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

The only way to redeem them in my eyes is to slap on dragon's breath on them.

Also: nice spellchecking

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

UnknownMercenary posted:

It's not a guaranteed crash. Both my friend and I were able to individually load up the new heist on One Down.

Very interesting. I think I can guess the cause- it's trying to call from a spawngroup table when loading a scripted spawn at the start, and some of the spawns call enemies that aren't properly loaded.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
new akimbo shotgun is fun on overkill but I had to hit up ammo bags several times. Just can't kill enough to stay self-sufficient. With the steakout, I never hit an ammo bag except maybe on DW or OD when I can't run around as freely to pick up ammo.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
Is anyone else having issues with AI heisters not masking up in Offline mode, or was that not tested properly?

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

TheObserver posted:

Is anyone else having issues with AI heisters not masking up in Offline mode, or was that not tested properly?

The bots do that occasionally. Just shout at them and they should activate.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So today's event is the reveal of Payday 2 for the Switch.

:confuoot:

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Kikas posted:

So today's event is the reveal of Payday 2 for the Switch.

:confuoot:

And the brutal impending murder of Locke.
Though I hope the they go more silly with the Butcher. I would totally play a "prank" war heist on Locke's house wherein we plant stinkbombs, throw eggs, paint some nasty words and TP the place before leaving, all while shooting dozens of cops.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I can't wait for the mario odyssey and/or mario+rabbids: kingdom battle payday 2 tie ins

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
By getting onto the Switch, Starbreeze has negotiated for Waluigi to become the final heister of Payday 2.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Crabtree posted:

By getting onto the Switch, Starbreeze has negotiated for Waluigi to become the final heister of Payday 2.

If that would be a Switch exclusive, I would buy one just for that.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I’m looking forward to the Hoxton amiibo.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
SO HOW ABOUT THAT NEW MISSION, HUH?!

The map seems about as small as the Transport maps - which is fine if there’s enough to do on it (including clicking cops around practically every corner).

Plotwise, it seemed a little rushed - Simon didn’t seem to be putting his all into the Bain lines, and the attitude at the end of “Don’t worry about Locke, guys; we’ll get him later” runs contrary to the backstory of guy who can take down Crime.net, in that - even if he’s trying to put on a brave face - Bain should be freaking the gently caress out internally.

Unless he’s in on it too. Hmm...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I'd say the new mission falls into short and sweet, that and the track for it's some good stuff.