Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Vim Fuego posted:

AITA: Not liking SO’s nudes

yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geaelith
Jan 14, 2017
This seems real fake but it gave me a chuckle

Is this a red flag? (self.relationship_advice)

quote:

My (24) partner (24) seems to have a slight obsession with our dog’s anus. When we take the dog for walks, he spends practically the whole time gazing into the dog’s butthole claiming he can tell when he’s about poop. He’ll say things like “his rear end is sighing again, it’s gotta be soon” or “the lips have parted” or “he’s bulging”. Does he have an unhealthy relationship with the dog’s rectum or am I just being insensitive to his anal interests?

In the replies:

quote:

I don’t know that I can say it makes me uncomfortable- but now I can’t hear the words “gasping” or “protruding” without the mental image of our dog doing his “poo poo grin”, that is to say the particular smile he has whilst making GBS threads.

Geaelith fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 19, 2019

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Geaelith posted:

See, I have no trouble believing this is 100% real.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Geaelith posted:

In the replies:

Stop dating Shane Dawson

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Clawtopsy posted:

I know we get some real whoppers in here but on what planet does a server start going "YOU KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS? MEXICANS." to the customers

wouldnt the kitchen staff kick his rear end

be nice, st. patrick's day is the only holiday the SJW libby outrage merchants haven't ruined with their horrible awful politics.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

be nice, st. patrick's day is the only holiday the SJW libby outrage merchants haven't ruined with their horrible awful politics.

Just fuckin' serve the food, food server.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

Yeah, she doesn't say exactly where he's from, but I'm getting the impression it might be the Middle East in which case, uhh, good luck.

Based on the context and the "8th most expensive city" I'm gonna guess Tel Aviv.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Could be the country they are from. I know quite a few English people use it.

I can't remember any British person I've ever spoken to using 'whilst' in any conversation, ever (source: am European).

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Meme Emulator posted:

Well, Bophadies was a hero along the lines of Achilles. He was a mighty warrior with a weakness that could bring him down, for Bophadies it was his groin. Just as people would make reference to Achilles heel, they would also talk about Bophadies nuts

NICE!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My (29F) boyfriend (31M) might get us evicted because he's waiting for the universe to pay for the rent

quote:

The title might be more blunt than it should be, but it actually does sum up the problem. I've been seeing the love of my life for 5 months - truly, best relationship I've been in by a long shot, and I've been in quite a few. I moved in to his place last month (he rents an apartment), but I'm not on the lease. I should also mention, we divide finances so that he pays rent ($1600/month) and I pay for everything else (all of our groceries, restaurant meals, utilities, transportation and pet fees that all comes out to be approximately the same as the rent). So basically we contribute equally to our "shared life." I've been fine with the arrangement. And seriously I love this guy with all my heart and for more reasons than I can list, I do NOT want to leave him, like I can't even fathom the thought of that.

So this is the problem. He quit is job shortly before I moved in. He'd been wanting to for awhile, and had some money saved up, enough for at least one month's rent. Without giving away too many details, he's an artist and wanted to pursue his own projects (which don't currently make money) instead of being stuck in the 9-5 grind. He can get a job easy if he needs to, given his experience in his field, but REALLY doesn't want to go back to that line of work. So he quit without any income plans lined up for afterward. He's also lived a life that's been kind of charmed (according to him)- he's told me from the beginning, things seem to always work out at the last minute for him, including money or food showing up when he needs it without him having to do anything. (Although, the more I learn about these experiences of his, the more it sounds like he either ends up living on someone's couch for awhile because he has no money, or his former partners end up getting a high paying job that cover all the financial loose ends... not that money actually drops from the sky to him.)

So, rent is now due in 12 days and... he has no money to pay it this month. He isn't asking me to cover it, nor have I offered, but he's literally waiting for money to show up magically "like it always has in the past." He doesn't want to make contingency plans if that doesn't happen, he doesn't want to start looking for places for us to stay that allow our pets to be there too in case the money never comes and we get evicted. Like he's just 100% confident that someone will either hand him a check for $1600 or someone will find his art (which is not visible anywhere public or online yet) and give him a bunch of money as a patron.

I really need to emphasize too that he isn't asking me to cover the rent. His thoughts right now are either that the money will show up, and if for some reason it doesn't, we're "meant" to get evicted because of a greater cosmic plan of some sort.

Reddit, I'm stressed AF. Like I'm trying to be supportive of his artist lifestyle and his desire to avoid the employment rat race. I'm self employed myself and I totally get not wanting to go into an office each day, and I've had plenty of experiences with things working out in unexpected ways so I get that that's a thing. But he isn't even making a tiny effort to allow money to come into his life in the way he expects it to, and I'm over here wondering what we're going to do with our dogs (neither of us have friends or family nearby that could house both us and our animals) and how we'll even afford to move our furniture out of the apartment if we have to get out ASAP and ugh.

Literally everything else about this relationship is straight up magical and he's actually been really good with finances for most of his life, no debt or anything. It's just, WTF will happen if this money doesn't fall into his lap? He seems so confident about it. Should I wait it out and hope it happens as he thinks it will, and if it doesn't, let it be a sobering wake-up call that sometimes you really do have to put effort into life in order to survive? I seriously don't know what to do.

I've also told him I'm nervous about this and his response is that he understands and doesn't want me to feel stressed, but that we'll roll with whatever happens.

**TL;DR!**
My boyfriend quit his job before having any other income lined up, and now he's on the verge of not being able to pay rent on our apartment. He's waiting for something magical to happen in which the money appears from nowhere. This is the ONLY problem we've had in the time we've been together and I don't know what to do.

Hope your name hasn't been added to the lease, and just run

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

LadyPictureShow posted:

he's told me from the beginning, things seem to always work out at the last minute for him, including money or food showing up when he needs it without him having to do anything. (Although, the more I learn about these experiences of his, the more it sounds like he either ends up living on someone's couch for awhile because he has no money, or his former partners end up getting a high paying job that cover all the financial loose ends... not that money actually drops from the sky to him.)
He's a professional mooch, :sever:.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 57 minutes!

LadyPictureShow posted:

My (29F) boyfriend (31M) might get us evicted because he's waiting for the universe to pay for the rent

dude's wondering when this poo poo's supposed to switch to the one pair of footprints

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

call center manager posted:

I can't remember any British person I've ever spoken to using 'whilst' in any conversation, ever (source: am European).

I dated a British girl for nearly a year and she used it pretty often in text. :shrug:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

She explicitly said she isnt on the Lease, but, have you considered his dick? Like, come on people we all know the obvious answer and that hes insane and that merely by staying with him she becomes more insane until this seems normal, but, again please consider his dick.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Motronic posted:

Based on the context and the "8th most expensive city" I'm gonna guess Tel Aviv.

dubai

Bamabalacha posted:

Some of her responses in the thread were extremely off-putting. Like she was trying to explain that everyone she works with should know she's a good person, because she's told them she gives 30% of her income to malaria research.

so yes?

snergle fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Mar 20, 2019

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

So much worse.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Barudak posted:

She explicitly said she isnt on the Lease, but, have you considered his dick? Like, come on people we all know the obvious answer and that hes insane and that merely by staying with him she becomes more insane until this seems normal, but, again please consider his dick.

I was so focused on all the other crazy poo poo, I glossed over The 'I'm not on the lease' line :downs:.

But you make a good point; not on the lease for the apt, but is she on the lease for his dick?

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
My [28 m] girlfriend [25 f] of 2 years is finding it incredibly hard to manage her attraction to other guys. Do you have any tips that can help us?

quote:

Hey all,

Using a throwaway account here since both my gf and I are redditors.

Anywho, we are both in a bit of a bind and we don't know what we can do about our issue. I'll try the best I can to explain it here, as well as answer any questions you all need in order to make sense of things and give feedback/advice.

In short, the issue is that my gf is having an extreme amount of difficulty dealing with her attraction to other guys. This has been a mild issue throughout our relationship but has now escalated into a full blown, regularly occurring, issue that seems to be spiraling our relationship out of control.

In detail, the issue in its most recent form started when my gf got her new job a month or so ago. At work, there are three guys who she cannot seem to stop obsessing and fawning over. My gf spends most of her work day flirting with those guys, going on lunches with them (either one on one or as a group) and spends most of her time after work either stalking them on social media or talking/texting them late into the evening. All of this comes at the expense of me, where for example, during the week, I don't even hear from her and she just ignores all my texts/chats because she is so wrapped up in these other guys. She only even ever agrees to meet me on the weekends when she doesn't have any plans with any of them.

All three guys are exactly her "type". They are all tall (6foot+), well built, and have other qualities that she says she finds "irresistible". In contrast, I am rather short by her standards (I'm only 5' 9", she is around 5' 6") though I am in very good physical shape.

I have talked to my gf a lot about this and have explained to her that I feel her behavior is not only inappropriate, but that I find it hurtful. She recognizes that her behavior is inappropriate and she sees how it could hurt me. Whenever we talk, she is always very regretful and apologetic and promises to change, but then nothing happens. When I ask her why nothing she is says about dealing with this issue ever happens, she says she "doesn't know how to stop being attracted to 'hot' guys". Even when we discuss specific things she could potentially do (e.g. limit her exposure to them, or communicate better with me etc), she agrees to do them when we talk, but then nothing happens.

Her inability to resist "hot" guys has now creeped up into every aspect of our relationship. Even when we go out, and she sees a random 'hot' guy (of the type described earlier in this post) she literally forgets I even exist. We could be talking about something and she will totally shut down and fixate on the guy. It usually takes her a bit to come to her senses again and realize I exist. This and other similar types of behaviors are so common now.

I feel its important to note that this issue has surfaced in the past both in my relationship with her, as well as her relationships in the past. My gf ended up cheating on both her previous boyfriends due to her inability to see how she is behaving inappropriately with "hot" guys while still being in a relationship. She has also cheated on me before due to this at least once that I know of. She promised me at that time that she would stop her attraction to "hot" guys, but it doesn't seem like she has put in any effort or work into making that happen.

While I have stayed in this relationship so far, I am now at the point where if this issue doesn't change, I don't feel like I can be in this relationship anymore. I have told her as much and all it does is cause her to cry and say that I don't like her anymore. I have tried to explain to her that this is not just about "liking" someone, and that adult relationships need work in order to survive. Again, she seems to get this when we talk, but then nothing changes.

So now out of desperation I turn to the internet. I was hoping you guys could shed some light on our issues? Maybe give some tips for how to deal with this situation, specifically from a woman's perspective? I really do love this girl and she keeps saying she loves me too, but I just can't shake the feeling that she is already on her way out of the relationship at least mentally/emotionally.

Is there any light you guys can shed on this for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

TLDR: GF says she cannot control her attraction to "hot guys". Looking for tips to give her that will help her do this.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Well the surefire solution is to lock her in a dungeon but what you really need to consider is if a woman who doesnt respect your feelings or your relationship enough not to flirt with other men in your presence is really dungeon worthy? Im not saying she isnt, and maybe one day you and her can grow together as you become her only form of human contact between the hours of seemingly endless isolation, but thats a huge investment you are making to dig out your subterranean lair and soundproof it so no one will ever hear her for someone who just doesnt seem very invested in who you are as a person and I just want to make sure youve really thought this through before you commit to her.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
AITA for sending my kid to school with "adult" snacks and lunches? (self.AmItheAsshole)

submitted 8 hours ago by snacktimeaita

quote:

Living a healthy lifestyle is important to me, and it's important to pass it onto my kids as well. I have a second grader who I have brought up (so far) to be very involved in the kitchen, what we eat, diet and exercise.

She came home with a note from her teacher the other day asking to please send her with more "appropriate" snacks and lunches. I thought for a minute that maybe I accidentally grabbed one of my Quest Bars or something for her and asked my daughter.

For her morning snack, all the other kids had something like cookies, fruit by the foot/gummy snacks, etc. My daughter's absolute favorite snack ever is pickles, and she has said herself that she's never that hungry at snack time because we have a nice high protein breakfast, I put in a cut up pickle for her along with a babybel cheese in case she was hungry. The teacher commented on it.

Lunchtime came around, and I guess a similar thing happened. My kid goes nuts for anything spicy, so for lunches this week I made a cold spicy sesame noodle dish with lots of peanuts, shaved carrots, etc. Her friend wanted to sample it so she gave some to her friend, and I guess it was crazy spicy for the friend and she cried to the teacher. This is what sparked the note.

So I explained that she shouldn't share "spicy" foods with her friends, and figured I'd skip the pickles next time. Well, it wasn't good enough. Just yesterday, the teacher sent home a letter to everyone explaining that she's requesting we make sure to send "age appropriate" foods to school, and gave examples of things like a PB & J, snack pack pudding, fruit cups, etc.

I called the teacher and asked her about the note. Teacher became very judgmental and said to please just remember my daughter is "a little kid" and that she doesn't need to worry about eating "adult food" yet. I asked if there was some kind of school policy about this, and she became very icy and said "No" and "This really shouldn't be a big deal."

This might be where I hosed up. I told the teacher that I'm the parent, and there's nothing wrong with my child's diet. That when she (the teacher) has kids, she can feed what she might she'd like, but that unless there's some kind of school policy, I will continue to send my kid to school with the foods I pick. Teacher got huffy and hung up.

Just to double check, I asked my daughter two things: Does she LIKE her lunches? (Enthusiastic yes about most of them!) and "Are the other kids making fun of you?" because I know that can be an issue. She said no, and that sometimes they even ask for a pickle too.

So AITA, or is this teacher way out of line?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pinecone Sample posted:

My [28 m] girlfriend [25 f] of 2 years is finding it incredibly hard to manage her attraction to other guys. Do you have any tips that can help us?

Setting the stage for an open relationship quite nicely I see.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Sounds like she's a hotguy addict tbh, she needs to go to an HGA meeting. Maybe even a rehab facility that strictly hires dumpy dudes.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

dudeness posted:

Sounds like she's a hotguy addict tbh, she needs to go to an HGA meeting. Maybe even a rehab facility that strictly hires dumpy dudes.

I wouldn't call a goon camp rehab.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

CheesyDog posted:

AITA for sending my kid to school with "adult" snacks and lunches? (self.AmItheAsshole)

Complain to the principal, then the local news.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

CheesyDog posted:

gat dang hero here

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 57 minutes!

CheesyDog posted:

be sure to post the update where everyone stands up and claps

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
The food groups in this school are pre-diabetes, hardening of the arteries, and attention deficit disorder. If the snacks aren't giving your kids one of those, they're getting a mandatory dose of government cheese.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

CheesyDog posted:

TRIGGERED

A huge pet peeve of mine is this idea that there's "kid food" and adult food. While you shouldn't give kids choking hazard foods, there's nothing wrong with letting a kid eat whatever you're eating. Now if the mom is pushing dieting on a child that young, there's a problem, but just allowing a kid to eat what the family eats is NBD.

That mom should print out all the picky eater posts from here, put them in a binder and smack that teacher upside the head with it.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
AITA posts: ehh
AITA posts where they're the rear end in a top hat: maybe good
AITA posts where they're sure they're right and they just want to be smug: burn them to the ground
AITA posts where they're sure they're right and they just want to be smug, but everyone agrees they're huge assholes: pretty good again

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Sure you're all about kids eating adult food but you let them have one weed gummy bear and it's page after page

Kurt Loadeater
May 15, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

La Brea Carpet posted:

TRIGGERED

A huge pet peeve of mine is this idea that there's "kid food" and adult food. While you shouldn't give kids choking hazard foods, there's nothing wrong with letting a kid eat whatever you're eating. Now if the mom is pushing dieting on a child that young, there's a problem, but just allowing a kid to eat what the family eats is NBD.

That mom should print out all the picky eater posts from here, put them in a binder and smack that teacher upside the head with it.

I grew up appreciating junk food because at least it had flavor. No offense to my mother, we're talking about a time before the internet. Dinner was a few poor pieces of chickenbreast with a can of cream of mushroom poured over it with some greens. If only she had known about sea salt, cooking temperatures (grilled/fried/sous vide), had the money to invest in a good enameled cast iron pot (Le Crueset).

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Comedy answer, tell the teacher your daughter is pregnant and she's craving these sorts of foods.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i was so disappointed in this story once i realized the "adult food" was just spicy stuff and not like sandwiches cut into the shape of dicks or something

Barudak
May 7, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

i was so disappointed in this story once i realized the "adult food" was just spicy stuff and not like sandwiches cut into the shape of dicks or something

Based on this thread Adult food would be sandwiches that wipe their rear end with your toothbrush.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

U-DO Burger posted:

Ah yes, I remember on Saturday morning when my dad would wake up early to make titwaffles and scrotcakes.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

U-DO Burger posted:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

CheesyDog posted:

Sure you're all about kids eating adult food but you let them have one weed gummy bear and it's page after page
Well of course, you're supposed to be giving them those chocolates with booze in them instead.

Kurt Loadeater posted:

I grew up appreciating junk food because at least it had flavor. No offense to my mother, we're talking about a time before the internet. Dinner was a few poor pieces of chickenbreast with a can of cream of mushroom poured over it with some greens. If only she had known about sea salt, cooking temperatures (grilled/fried/sous vide), had the money to invest in a good enameled cast iron pot (Le Crueset).
The idea a lot of people have that homemade food is bland confused the hell out of me until I realized a lot of people have parents like yours, while I had parents that knew what spices were. Cream of mushroom soup destroyed a generation.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

ah I heard about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KbY7cmsjkY

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A burrito that demands you open up the lunchbox and its your fault for being jealous if it gets eaten by someone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

LadyPictureShow posted:

My (29F) boyfriend (31M) might get us evicted because he's waiting for the universe to pay for the rent[/i]
And artists always wonder why there's a stereotype of them being deadbeats.

I'm not sure if I'd classify this as "wholesome", but it's somewhat entertaining.
My boyfriend [36] made the worst Fantasy Football team name ever, and now he has to face a grieving friend.

quote:

Here's a strange dilemma for you folks. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad. This is really my boyfriend's problem, but he's all out of ideas and in need of advice ASAP!

Last football season my boyfriend and some of his friends made a fantasy football league. Being the grown-rear end men they are, a lot of their message board chatter revolved around jokes and poo poo-talking about each other's mothers, apparently. (Is there an age at which guys stop making "your mom" jokes?)

My boyfriend has a friend, let's call him "Joe". Last season my boyfriend decided to make his team's name the friend and last name of Joe's mom. That way he could make a ton more "your mom"-based football euphemisms and pun jokes. For example: "[Joe's mom's name] really took a pounding from the Cowboy's linebackers this week", or: "[Joe's mom's name] really handled the balls well.", or: "[Joe's mom's name] went down this week"... you get the idea. My boyfriend asked me to photoshop [Joe's mom's name]'s face as the Buc's old Bucco Bruce logo with the knife in her teeth. I did, and it came out pretty nicely. It actually turned out that Joe really liked it and wanted to get it printed on t-shirts for the upcoming family reunion.

About 3 weeks ago Joe's mom unexpectedly died.

Naturally, it was devastating to Joe and his family, my boyfriend and all of their close mutual friends (most of which are in the league). Everyone was/is in shock and grieving. Later on, my boyfriend remembers about his team name and knows he must change the team name immediately. He tried logging on and changing it himself. It so happens that Joe is the admin of their league page and my boyfriend can't change the team name. It has to be Joe!. My boyfriend has called the ESPN website's customer service line multiple times and told them the story. He got to a manager and the manager expressed his sympathy and said there was nothing they could do. (Really? Nothing? Any IT folks or developers reading this?)

To make it worse, my boyfriend is visiting Joe and his friends next week and will see Joe on Tuesday. Even if Joe hasn't remembered yet, he will be faced with it come football season. My boyfriend doesn't know what to do. Pretend to ignore it and not bring it up? Ask to have a private talk with him and apologize? Ask Joe for his sign in name and password to delete it? The loss is still very fresh.

TL;DR Boyfriend made a team name his friend's mom's name to make jokes about her. Friend's mom very recently died, and boyfriend can't delete his team name on their league's website because the friend is the admin of their team page. Boyfriend will be visiting home 3 days and will see his friend on Tuesday. Don't know how to handle this situation...