Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

I remember it by:

"Dragon = draw close"
"Ram = run away"

And in cutters it's:

"Violet = very close
Blue = bug out (or back away if that's easier to remember)"

I use
Viol-IN
Blue-AWAY

or:
Drag-IN,
Ram - not a drag-in?

Putting the first one in party chat pretty much always keeps people out of the AOE in cutter's cry at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Not quite a Ram but, g-OUT?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

I use
Viol-IN
Blue-AWAY

or:
Drag-IN,
Ram - not a drag-in?

Putting the first one in party chat pretty much always keeps people out of the AOE in cutter's cry at least

As near as I can tell the actual way to remember this is "gently caress it, it's the healers problem"

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

I use
Viol-IN
Blue-AWAY

or:
Drag-IN,
Ram - not a drag-in?

How about :
"Viol-IN
Blue-BEGONE"?

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I call upon the ptsd of when dhorme chimera was actually challenging and wiping to it was a real danger that could happen. paladin and bard REQUIRED, tank on hill or disband, getting hit by tail is death, must have i55 gc weapon or better, etc, etc...

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

ilifinicus posted:

did you not watch the 3.55 cutscenes or something

My first thought was that it was from when Omega crashed, but it doesn't even remotely line up with the size or location of the actual impact crater.

Fister Roboto posted:

That's from Rhalgr's Star, the meteorite that impacted in Gyr Abania hundreds of years ago, marking the region as a safe haven for the survivors of the Flood.

Cool, so it's lore fluff in the background and not something important that I totally missed, thanks.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Velthice posted:

I call upon the ptsd of when dhorme chimera was actually challenging and wiping to it was a real danger that could happen. paladin and bard REQUIRED, tank on hill or disband, getting hit by tail is death, must have i55 gc weapon or better, etc, etc...

Skip soar or disband.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
God I wish Yotsuyu would step on me :eyepop:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Stop trying to make evil scheming lalafells look adora-d'awwwwwwwww~

I ran through the level 52 MCH quest too. I'm guessing that the best case scenario is to Overheat right before activating Wildfire? If so, should I be holding on to Wildfires until that's up, or should I just use it when it's available and consider the overheat a bonus if it happens to line up?

Also, goon, former presidential candidate, and famous ear model Ross Perot helped me beat snakemom up last night. The end is in sight! Maybe.

I'm guessing it's over by the mountain with a hole in it.

Ideally yes you want to Wildfire while overheated, but it's difficult to line up perfectly all the time at lower levels. If you're a couple GCDs away from overheating, and WF is about ready to go, hang onto your combo until you're ready. If you're really far away from overheat, just use it up.

Heat management will start to come into play more at 60+ when you get the Heated shot combo and other good tools. Until then, overheating is a nice damage buff you occasionally get and can't really control too much.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Rainuwastaken posted:

My first thought was that it was from when Omega crashed, but it doesn't even remotely line up with the size or location of the actual impact crater.

Cool, so it's lore fluff in the background and not something important that I totally missed, thanks.

If you do follow the trajectory, there's a big cavernous area with a lot of purple glowy stuff called the Comet's Tail.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

If you do follow the trajectory, there's a big cavernous area with a lot of purple glowy stuff called the Comet's Tail.

You'd think something that lasered a clean hole straight through a mountain would have left behind something a bit more impressive than the Comet's Tail but fantasy game physics. :shrug:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Thundarr posted:

You'd think something that lasered a clean hole straight through a mountain would have left behind something a bit more impressive than the Comet's Tail but fantasy game physics. :shrug:

Considering that there's no purple glowy stuff on the inside of the mountain, the entirety of Comet's Tail is what's left behind. It's had a lot of years to settle.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Thundarr posted:

I mean

It's been hundreds and hundreds of years. It was probably more impressive back in the day.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Fister Roboto posted:

That's from Rhalgr's Star, the meteorite that impacted in Gyr Abania hundreds of years ago, marking the region as a safe haven for the survivors of the Flood.

Wait, Shatotto was during the era before the floods right? Same meteorite?

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
if the royal menagerie ex takes place in the warrior of light's head like a lot of other hard content they should call it the imaginary menagerie

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

if the royal menagerie ex takes place in the warrior of light's head like a lot of other hard content they should call it the imaginary menagerie

Somewhere Koji Fox just woke up in a cold sweat, desperately reaching for his phone.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on6v8hpjDr0

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Stop trying to make evil scheming lalafells look adora-d'awwwwwwwww~

I no poo poo love that the PC race with the highest proportion of evil manipulative assholes is the tiny cute potatoes.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Imagine Dragon

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What's the best way to take care of dungeon trash as a SAM? Is it worth spending the first GCDs gathering all the buffs or is it smarter to just start spamming the AoE attacks as soon as possible?

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Imagine Dragon

I would say "found the achievement name" but lol it's already been used as one.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Can someone talk me out of the play dead emote i have some cash onhand but it could be spent elsewhere plus im elezen female

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Can someone talk me out of the play dead emote i have some cash onhand but it could be spent elsewhere plus im elezen female

yeah spend it on a fantasia instead

faptown
Dec 6, 2008

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Put it toward not being a female giraffe.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Jay Rust posted:

What's the best way to take care of dungeon trash as a SAM? Is it worth spending the first GCDs gathering all the buffs or is it smarter to just start spamming the AoE attacks as soon as possible?

In AoE pulls you can pop your combo cooldown to get Jinpu up and do your two AoE finishes.

Then hopefully by the time jinpu runs out everything will be dead.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Shy posted:

yeah spend it on a fantasia instead

faptown posted:

Put it toward not being a female giraffe.

Look at these bad and wrong people.

Spend it on being the best elegant tall lady you can be because elezen are cool and good.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
all races are good and everyone should play what they want

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
Get the play dead because felfs are great and I've never seen one play dead.

But really, don't if money is that limited.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i just installed act and my first fight with it on had a summoner do less dps than a scholar

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

all races are good and everyone should play what they want
as long as it's roegadyn

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
running ACT while doing regular dungeons is depressing beyond belief, don't do it

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Reiterpallasch posted:

running ACT while doing regular dungeons is depressing beyond belief, don't do it

One mans depressing is anothers hilarious, so ymmv.

E: Except if it's the class you play, then it's depressing, yes. Like that BLM screen someone posted a bit ago with no Fire 1s. :smith:

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 1, 2017

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it was omega 1

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
like i have to parse in exdr when playing astrologian, so i know who to card, and like 10% of the time that person is me or my tank

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Sinners Sandwich posted:

1) spend monies on fantasia instead

2) go lala

3) spend more monies anyway on play dead emote

4) play dead lala all day erry day

7) profit

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

https://www.netflix.com/watch/80178640

Time to Dad O' Light

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Time to Dad O' Light

Second episode in, Dad almost quits the game because he isn't dressed appropriately.

Dad gets this game.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Two more levels and I'll have a 70 of each of the 5 types of combat classes

Riddle of Earth is the single most disappointingly worded skill I think I've ever read.

Alloran
Dec 30, 2014

I think this line is mostly filler.
Another newb question, if you would.

Started as a healer in Gridania (because Windurst was the best fight me) and going through the story missions. Will I be able to, on another class, do the "starting quests" in the other cities? I don't really want to roll an alt to see that content, and I'm *assuming* they all come together in the end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Alloran posted:

Another newb question, if you would.

Started as a healer in Gridania (because Windurst was the best fight me) and going through the story missions. Will I be able to, on another class, do the "starting quests" in the other cities? I don't really want to roll an alt to see that content, and I'm *assuming* they all come together in the end?

no but that's very little content overall, they come together around like level 11 or 12-ish? whenever the main quest gets you to visit the other two cities