Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Sorry for the BuzzFeed link but this is absolutely 100% true.

http://bzfd.it/2k9swil

So necessary right now~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Is home network poo poo dadchat? A few days ago I spent hours trying to enable ipv6 poo poo on my router, and it all had to be done through the command line because the router's gui only has ipv4 options.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Is home network poo poo dadchat?

Very much yes

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
God ughhh my class rightnow is networking and doing packet tracer poo poo and BLARGH I hate it.

I mean i'm learning stuff but it's so incredibly boring and I wish that I could find a useful degree in something that I feel the least amount of passion for but then I end up with some bogus degree that's not worth poo poo but then again it'd probably still be better than I have now.

I just don't want to move right now or do online only studies :/

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

jungle book or gtfo

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

God ughhh my class rightnow is networking and doing packet tracer poo poo and BLARGH I hate it.

I mean i'm learning stuff but it's so incredibly boring and I wish that I could find a useful degree in something that I feel the least amount of passion for but then I end up with some bogus degree that's not worth poo poo but then again it'd probably still be better than I have now.

There was this cute sperg chick who was like the total TCP/IP knower and she did cbts on that stuff. She was really into it. That was like 10 years ago, so :shrug:. Maybe you should find and watch them?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

I'll be the first to say that anybody "into" Disney is a little touched in the head, however...

This one is the exception. In my mind, it doesn't even count as a Disney movie because of how sassy it is.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Yzma is my spirt animal...

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

The Lion King is better.

edit: Actually, there are couple better Disney movies. I will say it's in the top ten though.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Kuroyama posted:

The Lion King is better.

Uhhhhh mods!?!?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I'm at kind of a weird place with school. I'll be going again in the fall, but I don't much know what I want to do with my time. If I want to do earth science, I have to move to somewhere else in Colorado. I don't care to tackle chem 2 and calculus again, and I like the city I'm in quite well.

I could always go business and just finish my bachelor's in something. That would give me a few years to watch how the marijuana market does under Trumplestiltskin. I could go work in a growhouse in the meantime to get a better grasp from the supply side, I really don't want a drat thing to do with retail. Just jump into it as the market continues to open up, make enough to buy my little plot with a mountain view and build the house I'll die in, and get the gently caress out of it aside from investments. Because pot is going to be a legitimate, bankable commodity in a few short years. Maybe. Hopefully. Or I'll just never leave Colorado again.

That's a literal pipe dream though. I have no wife or kids to morally anchor me from working in the field, but I don't want to go to prison for such stupid bullshit. And the past week has been pretty DEA heavy here in Colorado. That poo poo has me worried. But weed is also a fundamental glue of my life, for drat near 20 years. I know I'm going to sound like a loving hippy, but if I had a "calling", it's probably weed.

So maybe I'll take social work or something and go work at the VA in multiple layers of misery. Or chase that earth science degree. Or pick up the family hoe from the old grainfields and move that bitch indoors and mount it on the wall of a growhouse. I would find delightful irony in the government paying to educate me in business only to use it on something lots of feds hate.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Kuroyama posted:

The Lion King is better.

edit: Actually, there are couple better Disney movies. I will say it's in the top ten though.

Fantasia is #1, no question.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I'm at kind of a weird place with school. I'll be going again in the fall, but I don't much know what I want to do with my time. If I want to do earth science, I have to move to somewhere else in Colorado. I don't care to tackle chem 2 and calculus again, and I like the city I'm in quite well.

I could always go business and just finish my bachelor's in something. That would give me a few years to watch how the marijuana market does under Trumplestiltskin. I could go work in a growhouse in the meantime to get a better grasp from the supply side, I really don't want a drat thing to do with retail. Just jump into it as the market continues to open up, make enough to buy my little plot with a mountain view and build the house I'll die in, and get the gently caress out of it aside from investments. Because pot is going to be a legitimate, bankable commodity in a few short years. Maybe. Hopefully. Or I'll just never leave Colorado again.

That's a literal pipe dream though. I have no wife or kids to morally anchor me from working in the field, but I don't want to go to prison for such stupid bullshit. And the past week has been pretty DEA heavy here in Colorado. That poo poo has me worried. But weed is also a fundamental glue of my life, for drat near 20 years. I know I'm going to sound like a loving hippy, but if I had a "calling", it's probably weed.

So maybe I'll take social work or something and go work at the VA in multiple layers of misery. Or chase that earth science degree. Or pick up the family hoe from the old grainfields and move that bitch indoors and mount it on the wall of a growhouse. I would find delightful irony in the government paying to educate me in business only to use it on something lots of feds hate.

Thinking back to '71 when I was busted on federal land in West Texas for basically a roach, looking at a potential life sentence ( my lawyer was Stephen Jones ) this post just makes me smile.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Kuroyama posted:

The Lion King is better.

I disagree.

AND THAT'S OKAY! :glomp:

(Lion King is good as well.)

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
We've come a long drat way. Eight recreationally legal states plus DC and well over half allow medical of some variety.

Great days are ahead for weed, if we can survive the next few years.

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

Yo dads and dad-enthusiasts, my dad-in-law passed this morning from a really sudden illness that just came out of nowhere and he went from healthy to completely sedated and unconscious in two days and was young and healthy and now he's dead and anyway what I'm getting at is he and the family have made absolutely zero end of life preparations other than "not cremated" and I think I'm the closest person to this who isn't utterly nonfunctional from grief and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice at all on funeral homes and burial and buying plots and holy poo poo there's a bunch of bullshit and it seems both complicated and expensive.

How do I not piss away all the family's money on either a hole in the ground or the box that goes into said hole? I'm in the CA Bay Area if that helps at all, I don't know if this is all regional poo poo where I just have to shop around and not find a garbage mortuary or if there's some general tips or advice anyone who has dealt with this before might have.

Also what other crap needs to happen after a death? This is my first close family member to go and I'm clueless. Thanks guys.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Man I don't know about any of that stuff, my dad was cremated and all, but good luck I'm pretty sure it's all a huge racket man, and condolences on your loss :(

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Stanley Goodspeed posted:

Yo dads and dad-enthusiasts, my dad-in-law passed this morning from a really sudden illness that just came out of nowhere and he went from healthy to completely sedated and unconscious in two days and was young and healthy and now he's dead and anyway what I'm getting at is he and the family have made absolutely zero end of life preparations other than "not cremated" and I think I'm the closest person to this who isn't utterly nonfunctional from grief and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice at all on funeral homes and burial and buying plots and holy poo poo there's a bunch of bullshit and it seems both complicated and expensive.

How do I not piss away all the family's money on either a hole in the ground or the box that goes into said hole? I'm in the CA Bay Area if that helps at all, I don't know if this is all regional poo poo where I just have to shop around and not find a garbage mortuary or if there's some general tips or advice anyone who has dealt with this before might have.

Also what other crap needs to happen after a death? This is my first close family member to go and I'm clueless. Thanks guys.

My earnest advice? Stay the hell out of it. Let a blood relative take care of that crap. Widow preferably.

If your spouse is the next of kin welp. Shop around for funeral homes and if he had any amount of money and no will, consider a lawyer.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Stanley Goodspeed posted:

ok, off the top of my head dealing with 5 of these in the past couple years

-funeral home must give you a printed price sheet for all services. demand it ahead of time, it's 100% your right as a customer. They will be your go-between for you and the church, and will handle the newspaper obituary, wake, church service, and burial. Shop around, but honestly imo just go find the oldest italian-run place and pay them what they ask. itals know how to get a funeral classy.

-get a lawyer asap. you'll need to handle all the state/town stuff (local probate, etc ).

-contact town services for death certificate. Get at least 6 official copies, you'll need them for insurance claims and local probate and other random poo poo.

-contact all financial institutions and billing services (cell phone, utilities, mortgage, etc) and find out what needs to happen to transfer accounts fully to the wifes name.

if you have any other questions ask away, i know mortuary science people who work in homes.

My earnest advice? Stay the hell out of it. Let a blood relative take care of that crap. Widow preferably.

seriously only do the above if no one else can do it. stay out of it if you can, poo poo gets messy FAST.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Uhhhhh mods!?!?

Shrug

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

An "outsider" trying to manage everything can and will get ugly fast.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

loving with it again because suffering is hella good

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

yeah don't worry i'm not getting into anything stupid i'm ridiculously close with the family and my father in law has been as close or better than my own pops and also i'm more acting as a go-between so people don't burst into real ugly crying everytime they call a funeral home and say "so my [husband / dad] passed away and... :cry:"

thanks this will help me get started on this poo poo

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

one good thing is he got went under real early in the morning right before the inauguration so he didn't have to spend a single minute awake in a trump presidency :unsmith:

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Hey, check this poo poo out.

http://veteranstofarmers.org/

Dudes are legit, I've met with them, and was going to do their program, but I couldn't make it work with my work schedule, and as much fun as being a hydro hippie would be, I unfortunately can't take the pay cut to learn this stuff.

They are for real legit, and the guy who runs the program is pretty cool, and probably isn't embezzling tons of money and blowing it on strippers, which now that I think about it may not actually be a good thing....

Fake edit: you can go check out their CSA farm at Denver Botanic Gardens Chatfield center. As a bonus, next to their plot of land are a bunch of old tractors that some grandpa looking dudes mess with on the weekends.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

bengy81 posted:

Dudes are legit, I've met with them, and was going to do their program, but I couldn't make it work with my work schedule, and as much fun as being a hydro hippie would be, I unfortunately can't take the pay cut to learn this stuff.

They are for real legit, and the guy who runs the program is pretty cool, and probably isn't embezzling tons of money and blowing it on strippers, which now that I think about it may not actually be a good thing....

Fake edit: you can go check out their CSA farm at Denver Botanic Gardens Chatfield center. As a bonus, next to their plot of land are a bunch of old tractors that some grandpa looking dudes mess with on the weekends.

helllloooo plan b

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I would like to add, that last time I talked to them (about a year ago) they were working on securing funding for housing grants so they could bring dudes in from out of state and put them up somewhere, not sure how far they got with that though, but they do have more program sponsors than they did last year.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

It works? :confuoot:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

loading hacking tools...

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

bengy81 posted:

I remember looking into his thing a few years ago before it got off the ground. I'll look into it again and see what's changed.

And I looooooove loving around with old tractors. That sounds like a great way to kill a saturday once it's nice and warm again.

I really do miss the farm. I wanted to get as far away from it as possible as a teenager but now I miss the solitude and the quiet.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Looks like Best Buy has the Planet Earth II: Pre-Order (4K UHD + Blu-ray) for $40. So save $20 compared to amazon. Looks like it comes with 4k blu-ray and regular blu-ray

where's that digital 4k...

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

where's that digital 4k...

Isnt playstation doing 4k video rentals now or soon? they would probably have it

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

not sure if planet earth 2 is doing that at all, at least not anytime soon? idk

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuSDet45aKI

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I feel like I'm the only member of my peer group that's extremely happy getting tiny tax refunds.

Everyone I know is expecting hundreds of bucks/$1000+ and I'm over here with a $33 return thinking they're all idiots for paying way too goddamn much in income tax. Fix your fuckin' withholdings for fucks sake

Edit: also I do my taxes immediately after I get the last required form rather than put that poo poo off forever

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Professor Bling posted:

I feel like I'm the only member of my peer group that's extremely happy getting tiny tax refunds.

Everyone I know is expecting hundreds of bucks/$1000+ and I'm over here with a $33 return thinking they're all idiots for paying way too goddamn much in income tax. Fix your fuckin' withholdings for fucks sake

Edit: also I do my taxes immediately after I get the last required form rather than put that poo poo off forever

I owed $5 this year.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Immersion blender ordered today :woof:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Professor Bling posted:

They're not going to fix their withholdings because the people who do this treat tax overpayment as a vacation fund that surprises them every year when the government returns it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Buca di Bepis posted:

They're not going to fix their withholdings because the people who do this treat tax overpayment as a vacation fund that surprises them every year when the government returns it.

It's pretty cool getting an extra half paycheck or whatever. And I don't really care about the $3 in interest I'm losing by not ensuring my withholdings are spot on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
T minus 24 hours until pulled pork is done

• Locked thread