Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

M_Sinistrari posted:

For as much as people like to rip on LOTRO for being as old as it is and on maintenance mode, even with how many went over to the Legendary servers, with the winter Frostbluff event, it was so packed at times they had to cut back on loading up the distance graphics to the full just to try to minimize lag. Since I'm figuring my Warrior with the bugged holoterminal is probably a lost cause at this point especially with googling around and not hearing of anyone having the same problem getting fixed, I've started a replacement. Other than Korriban, Dromond Kaas, Fleet, and Nar Shadda, I barely saw anyone else. Alderaan I think I saw maybe two other people. Even chat was pretty dead save for Kaas, Fleet and Nar Shadda.

PvE or PvP instance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Their goal was to make both PvE and PvP a viable route to hating the new gearing system.

Yeah I think I'm going to be casual about gearing up this update, mostly just focus on mh/oh since Force/Tech power doesn't bolster. With the 252 PvP bolster there's nobody who's going to outperform me even with the added benefit of 258.

I'm at 100% Achievements on FP and Operations (minus MM GftM) and I have every AC at CXP 300 and 248/236 gear so I'm done with PvE content minus new stuff.

At the worst the PvE side should be any Op or FP Weekly, really should be complete any Op or FP at any difficulty. Or have each MM FP award a crystal at the end in addition to the crystal for doing four.

This is the cherry on the poo poo sundae what with the set bonus bug and mods/enhancements being bound to slot.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Yeah I think I'm going to be casual about gearing up this update, mostly just focus on mh/oh since Force/Tech power doesn't bolster. With the 252 PvP bolster there's nobody who's going to outperform me even with the added benefit of 258.

I'm at 100% Achievements on FP and Operations (minus MM GftM) and I have every AC at CXP 300 and 248/236 gear so I'm done with PvE content minus new stuff.

At the worst the PvE side should be any Op or FP Weekly, really should be complete any Op or FP at any difficulty. Or have each MM FP award a crystal at the end in addition to the crystal for doing four.

This is the cherry on the poo poo sundae what with the set bonus bug and mods/enhancements being bound to slot.

The good news is you should be able to get your MH pretty easily, since it's going to drop from the new Instance Boss.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
I thought (could be wrong) that it used to be the unlocks for hiding helms etc. could drop from crates and sold on the market, so f2p could purchase them if they wanted to grind for credits. The escrow system is a bit of a gently caress you for this, but if they raised the limit (especially considering inflation) so that there was nothing out of reach for f2p, just a really long grind if you don't sub, then I don't think there'd be as many complaints.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Bilirubin posted:

PvE or PvP instance?

PvE

Ossipago posted:

I thought (could be wrong) that it used to be the unlocks for hiding helms etc. could drop from crates and sold on the market, so f2p could purchase them if they wanted to grind for credits. The escrow system is a bit of a gently caress you for this, but if they raised the limit (especially considering inflation) so that there was nothing out of reach for f2p, just a really long grind if you don't sub, then I don't think there'd be as many complaints.

Last time I looked, I remember seeing some of those account unlocks getting posted on the GTN at prices I really couldn't see someone on f2p able to afford them with the escrow system.

I'd be all for something in place where it was just a matter of really putting in the effort/work, you could earn what's covered in the account unlocks, but there is a particularly strong attitude (classism?) look down on anyone who isn't a sub. It reminds me of what happened with a local fan run convention by me some years back. They've often grumbled with making ends meet and all, but right around the time Game of Thrones was really hitting it big with the show, they managed to get GRR Martin as Master of Ceremonies, but did absolutely zero promotion about this other than some word of mouth in the nerd communities. When I mentioned to an acquaintance who's on the staff with the con about if they'd promoted it more that they had Martin, they'd have lines around the block, she gave me a look that I would've expected from some upper class type with suggesting they invite a poo poo shoveller to come to dinner. It's pretty much the same thing with SWTOR, people whine about player numbers with being able to do group stuff, but God forbid any changes get made to draw in anyone new unless they're a sub.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The unlocks are too expensive in Cartel Coins for a pure F2P to buy. The target market for them are people that are going to drop from Sub to F2P.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

If i am on chapter 11 of KOTFE and choose to autocomplete and start KOTET, does it lock in the decisions/romances i have made thus far, or does it give me a default save for the whole thing? I've already done all of KOTFE on another toon so really don't need to waste the time with doing it again.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Eltoasto posted:

If i am on chapter 11 of KOTFE and choose to autocomplete and start KOTET, does it lock in the decisions/romances i have made thus far, or does it give me a default save for the whole thing? I've already done all of KOTFE on another toon so really don't need to waste the time with doing it again.

It locks in everything you've done so far, yes, but will make auto choices for the rest of it. Like you'll kill Senya/Arcann if you're Imperial and redeem them if you're Republic

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~
Its been 5 years. Kinda giddy to be back even though I assume its gonna suck compared to launch (yeah i'm like that). Hittin someone up on that's no goon now hopefully if i can figure out what the hell i'm doing, havent played a pc game in years

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Phyein posted:

Its been 5 years. Kinda giddy to be back even though I assume its gonna suck compared to launch (yeah i'm like that). Hittin someone up on that's no goon now hopefully if i can figure out what the hell i'm doing, havent played a pc game in years

There's a ton to do for someone who hasn't played since launch. It's infinitely better in every way as a story based game, just kind of lacking in endgame things to do.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah, i'm sad that the end game is just really not that fun at all. :/ I wish the PvP would get a massive overhaul and balance changes. Some of the classes are just useless in PvP.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Yeah, i'm sad that the end game is just really not that fun at all. :/ I wish the PvP would get a massive overhaul and balance changes. Some of the classes are just useless in PvP.

No class is useless in PvP, they're actually fairly balanced at the moment. In arenas there's definitely some differences, like a Jugg or Powertech is gonna die as soon as someone breathes on you, but even those can do a massive amount of damage in a short time.

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

Medullah posted:

It locks in everything you've done so far, yes, but will make auto choices for the rest of it. Like you'll kill Senya/Arcann if you're Imperial and redeem them if you're Republic
How does if work if you didn't finish kotfe/the other one, but did finish Iokath? Haven't done Umbara(?) either.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

CeeCee posted:

How does if work if you didn't finish kotfe/the other one, but did finish Iokath? Haven't done Umbara(?) either.

The only decision I can think of there would be killing Theron at the end of Nathema. But I'm not sure if that one is done or not. You are asked to support the Empire or Republic, but you get to make that choice again when you start Ossus

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
I decided to get back to this again for a bit since wow is currently droughty, I never did play through KotET and I barely remember anything from KotFE apart from it making almost no sense as a Trooper. So, I've dusted off my old Jedi Knight, got to Rishi and, because I am a huge idiot, decided to start by doing the Rishi datacrons that I never did.

Murdering little over 100 pigs with a 4m30s respawn each while watching most of the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (verdict: dumb and entertainingly macabre) was apparently the exciting new adventure I craved. Something may be wrong with me.

Oh well, at least the legacy titles are good.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'll take camping pigs over jumping puzzles for datacrons any day. That said, make sure you go for the Endurance datacron on Ossus! Makes the Makeb one look like world 1-1 in Mario Brothers. Tons of work for +2 Endurance! Though you do get a cool tuning for the work as well.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Xerophyte posted:

Oh well, at least the legacy titles are good.

Once I did the Yavin ghosts thing, I've stuck with Speaker for the Dead ever since.

Lately I've been working on whatever achievements I've slacked on before starting the rounds of KotFE/FT. Took me long enough but I finally managed to get that Yozsuk on Kaas for the Tyrant of Dromond Kaas achievement. Still not sure about doing that droid search thing since the last part of the quest chain needs 4 people to do part of it.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Medullah posted:

I'll take camping pigs over jumping puzzles for datacrons any day. That said, make sure you go for the Endurance datacron on Ossus! Makes the Makeb one look like world 1-1 in Mario Brothers. Tons of work for +2 Endurance! Though you do get a cool tuning for the work as well.

Tuning? What kind? Is it FREE?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Siegkrow posted:

Tuning? What kind? Is it FREE?

See for yourself.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

It doesn't look that good on the lightsaber, but looks really good on the guns.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
is there still an active guild on republic side

eonwe fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jan 1, 2019

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not for like 4 years.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ok ill just join some rando guild that seems vaguely not annoying

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

With the new guild perk system there's no reason not to join a mega guild.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I joined a nice guild and won some mounts, pets, armor sets and 600k in credits from winning star wars trivia

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
That sounds like the sort of thing a nice guild would do.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

So far Dulfy's been of limited help, but is there anywhere where there's fully marked maps for doing the various beastmaster/explorer/kill named champions achievements? I've found maps for lore items but nothing for the others save for the starter planets.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

M_Sinistrari posted:

So far Dulfy's been of limited help, but is there anywhere where there's fully marked maps for doing the various beastmaster/explorer/kill named champions achievements? I've found maps for lore items but nothing for the others save for the starter planets.

They haven't updated in awhile, but http://www.swtor-ultras.com/maps is my go to. If I can't find stuff with the map, that's when I cast a wider net online.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

When I decided to push after Beastmaster I just did it a planet at a time and googled the missing beasts. 9 time out of 10 there was a thread in the first few results that had someone looking for the same thing

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Quasipox posted:

They haven't updated in awhile, but http://www.swtor-ultras.com/maps is my go to. If I can't find stuff with the map, that's when I cast a wider net online.

Thanks! That's going to be a big help with the explorer stuff I'm trying to wrap up. Part of my problem is locations I thought I'd been to were on a different server and it's been so long I'm fuzzy on where stuff was.

Medullah posted:

When I decided to push after Beastmaster I just did it a planet at a time and googled the missing beasts. 9 time out of 10 there was a thread in the first few results that had someone looking for the same thing

I did that with the Yozsuk and the neutral droids for the Nar Shaddaa disassembler achievement. The written instructions for the Yozsuk had me all over the map around Granthan's until I found a youtube which was useful. Neutral droids, while I did eventually find them, a few posts kept insisting the droids in The Glitch heroic counted. I just like having a map with areas marked off compared to sifting through posts and hoping the info's either current or clearly written.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

PrEmaDEaS ArE RuiNiNG PvP!!1!1

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

PrEmaDEaS ArE RuiNiNG PvP!!1!1

Seriously, the sheer number of posts "Ban premades in unranked! They're ruining the game!" Is frustrating as hell to me. Why should people who want to play with their friends be punished?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

I don't expect people with no friends in an MMO to have good opinions

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
The last several times I jumped into a pvp match solo we were up against premades and got utterly curb stomped. Random pubbies thrown together just can't match the coordination of even a mediocre premade. I prefer being in premades because of this, but it does discourage just casually hoping into a pvp match by yourself. If the matchmaking had some logic to prefer pairing premades with premades and only paired with solos when nothing else was available it would not be a bad thing.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
I love facing 5+ mercenaries/commandos as my entire team struggles to kill anyone.

I play old wow servers so I do have bad opinions.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

otoh maybe people should consider using teamwork in a team based game :shrug:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not a team based game.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Lol if you're not the kind of person who mainly just plays SWTOR for the solo content like I do :v:

Related, I am so, so close to having completed class and faction story on every subclass in the game. Sixteen characters in total.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Seriously, the sheer number of posts "Ban premades in unranked! They're ruining the game!" Is frustrating as hell to me. Why should people who want to play with their friends be punished?

I just found that WZ funny because that's a gross number of kills for Novare...I almost felt sorry for the other team. Put two of the best premades together though and welp you can see the results.

I have no problem with premades (obviously) but some rudimentary matchmaking wouldn't hurt, like making sure premades don't get teamed with other premades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Aphrodite posted:

It's not a team based game.

Warzone isn't a team based game ? Sure , interesting take.