Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Nazi Steve can be put in the cell were the evil alt Carol Danvers is and be forgotten about.

Speaking of that, did anyone read the Captain Marvel Generations? While I enjoyed the Death if Captain Marvel, Mar-vel is nothing to me, unlike the others I've read, so I didn't grab it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Secret Empire sounds a lot like the War Of Northern Aggression.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

twistedmentat posted:

Speaking of that, did anyone read the Captain Marvel Generations? While I enjoyed the Death if Captain Marvel, Mar-vel is nothing to me, unlike the others I've read, so I didn't grab it.

Carol and Mar-Vell fight Annihilus in the Negative Zone. It's okay, but no Hawkeyes.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Jiro posted:

Can we just get that giant hollow missile bullet from Breakworld, stuff NazSteve in there and shoot it off to either the Sun or the CancerVerse and just do what Marvel does best and forget lovely events happened? I'd even be okay with just to Poochi him out of existing.

lol not only is he not dead but he's in a Hydra controlled facility so chances are he's gonna end up being newCap's maker/red skull big bad

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

site posted:

lol not only is he not dead but he's in a Hydra controlled facility so chances are he's gonna end up being newCap's maker/red skull big bad

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

[quote="“site”" post="“476433252”"]
lol not only is he not dead but he’s in a Hydra controlled facility so chances are he’s gonna end up being newCap’s maker/red skull big bad
[/quote]

He’s going to have an accident and become the new red skull. It’s going to be so loving stupid.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

He’s going to have an accident and become the new red skull. It’s going to be so loving stupid.

So a red skull clone is going to transfer his mind into NazSteve's and either carve up his face a la Ultimate Red Skull, or just wear a Red Skull mask?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I hope someone does make him take the red skull moniker just to make Spencer and his "cap is just a fascist not a Nazi like that dastardly red skull is" excuse look even more stupid

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Or they could go all in and respond to that with "Ok, but fascists are bad in general, idiot, it's no better" by making him Super Mussolini and having him do the same poo poo

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Edge & Christian posted:

Nick Spencer's on the record saying the following:

I've always said that the mark of a good author is constantly having to clarify your plot points on the internet.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lightning Lord posted:

Or they could go all in and respond to that with "Ok, but fascists are bad in general, idiot, it's no better" by making him Super Mussolini and having him do the same poo poo

Red Skull gives way to... Black Shirt!

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Nazi Steve can be put in the cell were the evil alt Carol Danvers is and be forgotten about.

I've never really followed either character very closely, but I read it and think it was basically just fine and wouldn't have been improved much by knowing more about their history to be honest. This event in general feels kind of pointless except for the new characters to be able to tell the old ones they're just as good as them. They either are or they aren't, and making a weird "event" with mostly meh comics to spell it out in big neon letters makes it feel like Marvel doesn't actually believe what they're saying, which Legacy seems likely to prove in a number of cases. Or it's just a dumb pointless event (with a couple exceptions) for other reasons and I'm reading too much into it.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Sep 16, 2017

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Jiro posted:

I'd even be okay with just to Poochi him[...]

No! He can't be trusted with a time machine!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Jiro posted:

So a red skull clone is going to transfer his mind into NazSteve's and either carve up his face a la Ultimate Red Skull, or just wear a Red Skull mask?

Hasn't Red Skull already had a stint running around in a cloned Steve Rogers body? I feel like that's been a thing.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Cabbit posted:

Hasn't Red Skull already had a stint running around in a cloned Steve Rogers body? I feel like that's been a thing.

He's both been in a cloned body of Steve and been in some rando dudes body while wearing a mask

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Anybody else excited about the upcoming Fate of the Four storyline in Marvel Two in One? I hope it's not a tease and it actually will lead to the FF coming back (doing Marvel Legacy without the Fantastic Four would be bullshit), but getting some kind of follow-up on it is better than nothing either way. Plus Zdarsky is great.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope it's actually the return of the New Fantastic Four.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TenCentFang posted:

I hope it's actually the return of the New Fantastic Four.

I just realized how much of a crime it is there hasn't been a team-up with Laura, Miles, Robbie Reyes and Amadeus Cho.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Skwirl posted:

I just realized how much of a crime it is there hasn't been a team-up with Laura, Miles, Robbie Reyes and Amadeus Cho.

It took me a moment to realize what you're referencing. That would be awesome.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Wasn’t there exactly that earlier this year in all new ghost rider

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Skwirl posted:

Yeah there has. All-New Ghost Rider: Four on the Floor.

(it's okay that you missed it, it wasn't as good as it needed to be)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Sinteres posted:

Anybody else excited about the upcoming Fate of the Four storyline in Marvel Two in One? I hope it's not a tease and it actually will lead to the FF coming back (doing Marvel Legacy without the Fantastic Four would be bullshit), but getting some kind of follow-up on it is better than nothing either way. Plus Zdarsky is great.

I hope if they find Reed Ben asks him why the gently caress he's still the thing and why they recreated the 616 verse just as hosed up as it was before

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Wasn’t there exactly that earlier this year in all new ghost rider

No miles, but yeah the failed ghost rider relaunch was the three of them

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
There was also the arc with Red Hulk, Laura, the female Ghost Rider no one cared about, and Agent Venom.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

TenCentFang posted:

There was also the arc with Red Hulk, Laura, the female Ghost Rider no one cared about, and Agent Venom.

"We am smash for vengeance" is all anyone really needs to remember from that arc anyway.

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe
The cover for legacy #1 leaked. We know whose coming back now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zoro posted:

The cover for legacy #1 leaked. We know whose coming back now.

Link it you sunuvvabeach.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

site posted:

I hope someone does make him take the red skull moniker just to make Spencer and his "cap is just a fascist not a Nazi like that dastardly red skull is" excuse look even more stupid
I'm honestly surprised more people don't crib off Mussolini's rise to power, because you have the hard core of the same broad narrative as the Nazis, but the details are different and less famous, and there's marginally less "our #1 priority is genocide."

My guess is it's because Mussolini did not cover himself with either fashion or shocking military victories.

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe

Rhyno posted:

Link it you sunuvvabeach.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

We already knew about Jean and Kurt's been back for years. So uh....are they saying the dude on the left is coming back?

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe

Rhyno posted:

We already knew about Jean and Kurt's been back for years. So uh....are they saying the dude on the left is coming back?

We already knew Jean is coming back? Also, maybe.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zoro posted:

We already knew Jean is coming back? Also, maybe.

Yes, the solicits leaked and the Return of Jean Grey was announced in them.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Are they seriously bringing Hugh Jackman into the marvel universe? Logan was the hot poo poo, but we don't need that turned into a 12 year long storyline with guest appearance from Iron Man. In any case it's just going back to Laura in a year anyways, and good luck if anyone's going to use Hugh, outside of cannon fodder, for the next big event.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I mean, it's a variant cover. There's already plenty of stuff out there (like there being a comic called The Return of Jean Grey) suggesting Adult Jean is on her way back, but this is still a variant cover. Like the variant covers that showed Magneto and Spider-Man and Captain Marvel and etc. as Hydra. Like the variant covers showing everyone in Infinity being made of Legos. Like the variant covers showing all sorts of things that don't happen in comics.

So the fact that Art Adams drew a young Wolverine on a variant cover *probably* isn't a spoiler or plot point.

Then again, Gwenpool exists. So who knows.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I don't know if there's much you can go on based on a variant cover depicting a group of characters in costumes from when they were on a team together a couple decades ago.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Nessus posted:

My guess is it's because Mussolini did not cover himself with either fashion or shocking military victories.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

Yes, the solicits leaked and the Return of Jean Grey was announced in them.

If the O5 and Old Man Logan weren't around The Return of Jean Grey would be a lot more interesting of a concept.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

If the O5 and Old Man Logan weren't around The Return of Jean Grey would be a lot more interesting of a concept.

I expect the ongoing Jean Grey book to either shift focus to original Jean or they'll add and S to the title.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I expect the ongoing Jean Grey book to either shift focus to original Jean or they'll add and S to the title.

Would it be Jean Greys or Jeans Grey? I know it's Attorneys General.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Would it be Jean Greys or Jeans Grey? I know it's Attorneys General.

I hadn't thought out the details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ˇTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

site posted:

No miles, but yeah the failed ghost rider relaunch was the three of them

Silk filled the role of spider-person in that team-up. This goes to show just how forgettable that series was. Robbie deserved better (kind of).

• Locked thread