Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Tempest and Man O' War are both extremely terrible, unfortunately.

I ended up just reinstalling Age of Pirates: City of Abandoned Ships from GOG and slapped the Gentlemen of Fortune mod onto it, it's janky as a motherfucker but I love the sailing and trading aspects in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Drifter posted:

Are you talking about me, or a description of her work?

Probably you for insinuating that she'd died.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Excelzior posted:

you already did; it's called Project Highrise

I really didn't like Project Highrise; it had way too much micromanagement for my taste. I want to design a tower with cool stuff in it (aka Sim Tower), I don't want to have to figure out optimal placement of utility closets and transformers in order to get my wiring diagrams looking just right

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Excelzior posted:

you already did; it's called Project Highrise
Never forget Yoot Tower! :japan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq8o7gg87k4

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

C.M. Kruger posted:

Probably you for insinuating that she'd died.

Oh Haha. I meant RIP as in that was her heyday, long since past.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
So Destiny 2 is hitting PC like a month and a half after consoles and the PS4 version will have exclusive content like maps and stuff. I always wanted to try the first but don't have any consoles. Maybe I'll try and get some friends to jump on this when it comes out but man that sucks and I don't really feel like supporting that kind of thing.

Anyway Wolfenstein comes out a few days after so I'll probably just get that. :hellyeah:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Well this looks cool - I am always on the lookout for tile based games. Still trying to fill that FFT void.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sm8yFsQZCk

http://store.steampowered.com/app/404200/WARTILE/

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Stan Taylor posted:

So Destiny 2 is hitting PC like a month and a half after consoles and the PS4 version will have exclusive content like maps and stuff. I always wanted to try the first but don't have any consoles. Maybe I'll try and get some friends to jump on this when it comes out but man that sucks and I don't really feel like supporting that kind of thing.

Anyway Wolfenstein comes out a few days after so I'll probably just get that. :hellyeah:

Its dumb because that hurts sales on pc without really boosting sales on console, at least as far as I am aware.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Ragequit posted:

Well this looks cool - I am always on the lookout for tile based games. Still trying to fill that FFT void.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sm8yFsQZCk

http://store.steampowered.com/app/404200/WARTILE/

Battle Brothers! http://store.steampowered.com/app/365360/Battle_Brothers/

You run your own mercenary company in a fantasy world, with noble houses fighting for land and defending their territories from greenskins and undead. Or be a huge jerk, I guess.

TastyLemonDrops fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jun 13, 2017

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Deakul posted:

Tempest and Man O' War are both extremely terrible, unfortunately.

I ended up just reinstalling Age of Pirates: City of Abandoned Ships from GOG and slapped the Gentlemen of Fortune mod onto it, it's janky as a motherfucker but I love the sailing and trading aspects in it.

Do you (or anyone else) know how the most recent Sea Dogs turned out? I loved the original despite how threadbare it was and put dozens of hours into the Pirates of the Caribbean rebranded sequel.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Stan Taylor posted:

you are in the same boat as xbox owners with regards to the playstation exclusive stuff.

the exclusive strikes in destiny 1 werent even good

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
No Bloodborne Karts :smith:

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
If i wanted to mine space rocks and chill in a game that isn't Elite or the X series, what should I play?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

QuarkJets posted:

I really didn't like Project Highrise; it had way too much micromanagement for my taste. I want to design a tower with cool stuff in it (aka Sim Tower), I don't want to have to figure out optimal placement of utility closets and transformers in order to get my wiring diagrams looking just right

Same. I was really excited when it was in the humble monthly, but I bounced off it hard. Way too much emphasis on the utility side of things.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Awesome! posted:

you are in the same boat as xbox owners with regards to the playstation exclusive stuff.

Also from what I understand the first had a bunch of expansions and the fun was figuring stuff out as a community kind of like big complex MMO raids. So are the expacs going to be on a similar delay because that seems like it could conceivably happen if there's and initial delay already.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Stan Taylor posted:

Also from what I understand the first had a bunch of expansions and the fun was figuring stuff out as a community kind of like big complex MMO raids. So are the expacs going to be on a similar delay because that seems like it could conceivably happen if there's and initial delay already.

this could be an issue i guess but honestly unless you are doing the raids day 1 you have basically zero chance of doing them blind (unless you have a group of like minded people to run with and promise each other to stay blind). world firsts are done in like 6 hours and the youtube how-tos arent far behind. if you try to run with pubbies or even experienced goons they are going to explain things straight away.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

spider wisdom posted:

If i wanted to mine space rocks and chill in a game that isn't Elite or the X series, what should I play?

Asteroid mining isn't a major focus of Rebel Galaxy but it is something you can do alongside trading and hunting pirates, and it's a pretty chill game all-around.

If you don't mind an ancient, 2D space sim then Starscape is all about mining space rocks to fix up your busted ship and explore the galaxy. A less-ancient alternative would be Space Pirates and Zombies.

To be completely honest, the ultimate mine-asteroids-and-chill experience is EVE Online, where you can park your big mining hauler in safe space and watch YouTube clips while sucking rocks out of space and playing the market with your take. All the insane drama and wars and stuff don't make a lick of difference to a small-time player in safe space, so you can do whatever you want in peace.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

spider wisdom posted:

hello friend let me tell you about eve online

(dont play eve online)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

spider wisdom posted:

Kerbal Space Program.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Awesome! posted:

Dust Palace might have straight up been the worst one in the game even.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Too Shy Guy posted:

Do you (or anyone else) know how the most recent Sea Dogs turned out? I loved the original despite how threadbare it was and put dozens of hours into the Pirates of the Caribbean rebranded sequel.

Engrish to the max, one of the longest tutorials I've ever seen in a game, and otherwise it's essentially a more scripted Sea Dogs.

I didn't like it at all.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

pisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

honestly, i don't care if the game is good or not if they make more poo poo like this because this is tight as gently caress

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Elder Scrolls: nothing new until ESO dies, probably.

GTA: nothing new until GTO stops making money hand over fist.

Anthem: Bioware's new RPG is a Destiny clone, online co-op.

BG&E2: Some sort of weird persistent world MMO... thing.

Far Cry 5: Look at all these co-op shenanigans you can have.

Skull & Bones: We read that survey we gave you and saw that you wanted Black Flag without Assassin's Creed, so here it is, except it's an MMO.

It's probably a bit too early or way too late for the "big singleplayer games are dying" hot take, but the trend is clear. Microtransactions are a hard sell in SP games, so the money's in always-online and multiplayer. At least I'll have Wolfenstein.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

duckfarts posted:

holy poo poo

I was joking with a friend about an imaginary person saying "why aren't you killing black and Hispanic nazis, huh?" but it's all happening wtf

I'unno, killing Franco's nerds sounds like a hoot.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

im making a list of sjw games to boycott so this is good

All one of them?

WarpedNaba fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jun 13, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Man I want to be excited over the XCOM 2 expansion but the bad guys look generic as gently caress.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Synthbuttrange posted:

Man I want to be excited over the XCOM 2 expansion but the bad guys look generic as gently caress.

But your soldiers can develop bonds with each other and get special abilities out of it. That's a great feature to help with emergent storytelling.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
emergent storytelling just means you didnt bother making a good story

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

duckfarts posted:

pisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

honestly, i don't care if the game is good or not if they make more poo poo like this because this is tight as gently caress

They probably spent more money making that trailer than they have developing the game to date.

I really hope Skull & Bones isn't just a multiplayer game because all I've ever wanted for years now is Black Flag without Assassin's Creed on top of it but, with the exception of Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs, I'm not sure Ubisoft even makes single player games any more?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

emergent storytelling just means you didnt bother making a good story

I'unno, you could put the UFO defense games down as emergent storytelling examples - and one of the best LetsPlays made a p good story out of it.

Shame about the anime.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
if anyone wasnt to play these multiplayer pirate games shown these past few days http://store.steampowered.com/app/420290/Blackwake/ :ssh:its probably a better game too.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
HOT TAKE that bgae2 trailer is dogshit and if it makes you excited for the game you have something wrong with you

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

awesmoe posted:

HOT TAKE that bgae2 trailer is dogshit and if it makes you excited for the game you have something wrong with you

It's a pretty good trailer to a movie I'd want to watch.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

boob storage slot confirmed

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Too Shy Guy posted:

Asteroid mining isn't a major focus of Rebel Galaxy but it is something you can do alongside trading and hunting pirates, and it's a pretty chill game all-around.

god i wanted to like rebel galaxy so much but when i learned that there was no z-axis it took the wind out of my sails pretty hard

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Merging the mining and single player pirate topics, Rebel Galaxy is Black Flag combat without the AC stuff, in space. It also has a pretty good soundtrack.

What we really need is for Sid Meier to stop slapping his name on games made by his underlings and make a new Pirates! with Black Flag-style ship combat.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Synthbuttrange posted:

boob storage slot confirmed

How do you fit a loving cd in a boob storage slot, have any of the people involved in that trailer even seen a woman

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

awesmoe posted:

hot take

I don't care about Beyond Good and Evil, but I am down for playing a game that looks that stylin'

(or at least watching it, because I can't judge it as a game until I see some gameplay)

e: As for boob storage you would be amazed at how much stuff you can fit in your bra. My bff keeps her cellphone in there, to my ongoing amusement.

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jun 13, 2017

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

awesmoe posted:

How do you fit a loving cd in a boob storage slot, have any of the people involved in that trailer even seen a woman

Where else are silicone accessories to be kept but in the bosom?

That trailer looks p bitchin', and the end bit looks like it takes place in the old trailer for BGE2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkCXE1l5MVI

But, y'know, nowadays it's way easier to make a CGI movie than a good game, sooooo I'm only cautiously optimistic.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Kibayasu posted:

I really hope Skull & Bones isn't just a multiplayer game because all I've ever wanted for years now is Black Flag without Assassin's Creed on top of it but, with the exception of Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs, I'm not sure Ubisoft even makes single player games any more?
If you go to Ubisoft's youtube videos all of their descriptions have this written in them: "Sail the high seas of Skull and Bones, an online naval open world game set during the Golden Age of Piracy in the exotic and untamed frontier of the Indian Ocean." So no, no single-player, maybe some dumb grinding you can do on your own but that's probably it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

WarpedNaba posted:

Where else are silicone accessories to be kept but in the bosom?

That trailer looks p bitchin', and the end bit looks like it takes place in the old trailer for BGE2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkCXE1l5MVI

But, y'know, nowadays it's way easier to make a CGI movie than a good game, sooooo I'm only cautiously optimistic.

I'm totally down to watch the collected cutscene movie of BGE2 in a year and a half on youtube.

• Locked thread