Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

The MSJ posted:

Are those faces on the Face/Off poster the same people? And a triple-barrel handgun made by MC Escher?

Also, Deep Roy as Scorpion King.

Actually their version of the Scorpion King looks a lot like what was at the end of the movie. It was... not good effects work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
It's no where near recent, but it's one of my favorite movies and I absolutely love this version of the poster, but I CANNOT find it anywhere online to buy :negative:. Any tips?

Low Desert Punk posted:

Although I did think this one was a little :3:

And I would love to have this as a full sized poster :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yesssss. One of two left on Amazon. And I still have the IMAX poster coming in.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Waffleman_ posted:

Yesssss. One of two left on Amazon. And I still have the IMAX poster coming in.

I don't think I've ever bought something off of Amazon so quickly.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
This is awful*

*Awesome!

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Just bought another one. Only $3.99, really? (might be ripped, hope not!)

Another one here. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E1OUIN0/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nybble posted:

Just bought another one. Only $3.99, really? (might be ripped, hope not!)

Another one here. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E1OUIN0/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mine was about that price and it came in pristine condition, rolled up in its wrap, wrapped in a plastic bag, and put in a crush-proof box.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Slasherfan posted:

This is awful*

*Awesome!
Tom Hiddleston as Loki looking exactly like Michael Sheen as Aro from Twilight (same facial expression and everything) is the best part of this poster.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I re-watched Tron: Legacy with my gf recently as she had never seen it and was about to blurt out that Zeus is Hiddleston - forgetting all about Michael Sheen. Fuckers are twins!

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Slasherfan posted:

This is awful*

Hey, is that that actress from No Strings Attached?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Natalie Portman wearing a cape is way too tough to take seriously. At least, I think that's a cape. It could be a tree?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Slasherfan posted:

This is awful*

*Awesome!

I enjoy how Heimdall/Elba is just sort of chilling in the clouds there.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
OK, you can stop yelling :hf:

Slasherfan posted:

This is awful*

*Awesome!
Everyone looks pretty good but the elf(?) looks like he came from a PC CD-rom cover anno 2002.

Anyway after being pretty tired of RDJ as Tony Stark, Chris Hemsworth is pretty much the only Avenger I want to watch on the big screen. He also has the most entertaining supporting cast.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Looks like Star Wars Episode 8.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Looks like muddled garbage.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Exactly.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Vintersorg posted:

I re-watched Tron: Legacy with my gf recently as she had never seen it and was about to blurt out that Zeus is Hiddleston - forgetting all about Michael Sheen. Fuckers are twins!

I always thought Hiddleston's doppelgänger was Rooney Mara.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Vintersorg posted:

Hiddleston is way more attractive than Michael Sheen.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Looks like Star Wars Episode 8.

I'm sure the female part's going to be a little under-written.

------------------

New poster for Escape Plan.

It's like the Bizzaro World version of Face/Off.

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
Black people are the real racists!
I know the main actors are old fucks now but isn't the only draw of the movie that they're in it? So wouldn't you want them to be recognizable on the poster?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

PriorMarcus posted:

Hiddleston is way more attractive than Michael Sheen.

Sheen is way more attractive than Hiddleston.

I mean, I say that as a straight male but still, I don't get the Hiddleston attraction - though I'd definitely explore the boundaries of my sexual orientation with Sheen.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

I think it's really daring that they took a film whose biggest selling point is that it stars two of the worlds most recognizable action stars and then blew them out so much you can't tell who they are.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Stallone looks an awful lot like Armand Assante on that poster.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Mister Chief posted:

He does. But I immediately thought Armin Shimerman

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Mister Chief posted:

Well, they are twins.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Yeah, this is ours. I've attended the meetings where this has been cooked up (yes, we had to have more than one to come up with it) and it's really hard to not lose your mind during those discussions. I really like the original one but the powers that be argued that you couldn't recognise both actors as they are too small. Which is really funny considering our final product, where neither of them really looks like themselves. The tagline says "Escape or die" by the way. Instant classic!

Still, it has been approved by both actors and everyone over at Summit / Lionsgate, so it seems we did something right.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Well, they are twins.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Vagabundo posted:

Ugh. The earlier one was so much better.

e:f;b

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Don't worry. It'll only be used in German speaking territories.

Edit: ^^^ Yeah, but I only put a link in there. It's good to see the original one in comparison ^^^

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Stallone is just looking at me like, "Please get me out of here."

Read that sentence with your best Arnold impression.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Barf Wight posted:

Anyway after being pretty tired of RDJ as Tony Stark, Chris Hemsworth is pretty much the only Avenger I want to watch on the big screen. He also has the most entertaining supporting cast.

I enjoyed all of Thor, but I liked the Asgard/Jotunheim crazy space fantasy stuff so much more than the Earth fish-out-of-water superhero stuff. Since this movie looks like it's a bit of Earth in the beginning and then straight off into crazy space fantasy, I'm very much looking forward to this.

I do hope Natalie Portman gets to do more than stand around and be pretty though, and do something believable and not shoehorned in.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

davidspackage posted:

I do hope Natalie Portman gets to do more than stand around and be pretty though, and do something believable and not shoehorned in.

All the trailers make it look like she is just kidnapped and is a damsel in distress for the rest of the movie so don't hope for too much, especially seeing as she didn't even want to be in the movie.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I think Natalie Portman is scarred for life from her Star Wars experience. She's very hesitant to get involved in a potential franchise and really isn't into playing the same character twice.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

Perestroika posted:

I enjoy how Heimdall/Elba is just sort of chilling in the clouds there.

Well how else would he fight the giant monsters?

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012

Basebf555 posted:

I think Natalie Portman is scarred for life from her Star Wars experience. She's very hesitant to get involved in a potential franchise and really isn't into playing the same character twice.
Does she hate easy money or something?

Maybe she blames them for spoiling her acting style because nothing she's been in since has measured up to her performance in Leon (The Professional) when she was like 13. Now that's a seriously good movie with a good poster.

Come to think of it, Jean Reno hasn't been as good in a movie since then either.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

casa de mi padre posted:

Come to think of it, Jean Reno hasn't been as good in a movie since then either.

Mission Impossible (1996), Ronin (1998), Wasabi (2001), The Chef (2012)

I honestly don't think he does all that much in The Professional other than look kind of cool and be foreign. The film is carried by the direction and by Portman and Oldman.

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 2, 2013

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Mission Impossible (1996), Ronin (1998), Wasabi (2001), The Chef (2012)

Ronin's the only thing I can say that's equal to his role in The Professional.

Haven't seen The Chef, but I'd imagine it's less "badass" and more comedic, like Les Visiteurs. Reno's got some range, but I guess only if it's in French.

Edit:

I didn't realize that was painted until now. Photorealistic painted posters is a dying artform these days.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

casa de mi padre posted:

Does she hate easy money or something?

Maybe she blames them for spoiling her acting style because nothing she's been in since has measured up to her performance in Leon (The Professional) when she was like 13. Now that's a seriously good movie with a good poster.

*cough* *cough*

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Skwirl posted:

*cough* *cough*

I'd also submit for consideration:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012

Slate Action posted:

I'd also submit for consideration:

I forgot about this. Okay, I'll give her one. Black Swan was her poorly playing a virgin when the whole audience knows Natalie Portman's done it with guys.

I got to admire the dedication to a role that would result in an actress getting her head shaved on camera.