Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Do you think there is a payday 2 mod somewhere that replaces the goats in goat simulator with deer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:frogsiren: Locke is not a smelly fish :frogsiren:

:frogsiren: And deer simulator confirmed(I know rudelf exists) :frogsiren:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

EorayMel posted:

:frogsiren: Locke is not a smelly fish :frogsiren:

:frogsiren: And deer simulator confirmed(I know rudelf exists) :frogsiren:

Whats this about Bain being ambushed?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Whats this about Bain being ambushed?
Day 1 of Reservoir Dogs (i.e. the second day) ends with Bain getting raided by an unidentified party as you reach the escape.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Uh oops, forgot to mention there was a changelog:

Reservoir Dogs
Fixed an issue where bags could become impossible to reach under the ground
Fixed an issue where bags could become impossible to reach behind containers
Fixed an issue where bags could become impossible to reach in the vault
Fixed an issue where bags could become impossible to reach on house facades
Fixed an issue that caused the Garnet Group sign to disappear over the vault

Alaskan Deal
Added special suits in the form of winter jackets

Weapons
GL40 Grenade Launcher damage increased to 1300 (up from 960)
Piglet Grenade Launcher damage increased to 1300 (up from 960)
RPK Light Machine Gun stability is decreased to 8 (down from 16)
RPK Light Machine Gun concealment is decreased to 1 (down from 5)
Brenner-21 Light Machine Gun stability is decreased to 8 (down from 16)
Brenner-21 Light Machine Gun concealment is decreased to 1 (down from 2)
KSP 58 Light Machine Gun stability is decreased to 28 (down from 36)
KSP 58 Light Machine Gun concealment is decreased to 1 (down from 2)
Buzzsaw 42 Light Machine Gun stability is decreased to 28 (down from 36)
Buzzsaw 42 Light Machine Gun concealment is decreased to 1 (down from 2)
KSP 58 Light Machine Gun stability is decreased to 28 (down from 36)
KSP 58 Light Machine Gun concealment is decreased to 1 (down from 2)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

maswastaken posted:

Day 1 of Reservoir Dogs (i.e. the second day) ends with Bain getting raided by an unidentified party as you reach the escape.
Oh so I just need to play some of the new heists, got it, thanks!

EorayMel posted:

Uh oops, forgot to mention there was a changelog:
Hahaha they nerfed the LMGs a bit.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Sure, the guns deal absurd amounts of damage because of "muh breakpoints"* but what good is colossal damage if you can't... shoot?

* Fix Body Expertise so that this matters in any way, dipshit.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

maswastaken posted:

Sure, the guns deal absurd amounts of damage because of "muh breakpoints"* but what good is colossal damage if you can't... shoot?

You're supposed to use bipods - aka a colossal deathtrap

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Just for the record, the stuff in this heist pretty much confirms all of my Deep Secret Payday Theories.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

And we're even stealing a bootleg of Quan Chi's Kamidogu medallion from the godawful PS2 Mortal Kombat games!

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Discendo Vox posted:

Just for the record, the stuff in this heist pretty much confirms all of my Deep Secret Payday Theories.

Let's all get hyped to win Walking Dead beta access!!!!

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

maswastaken posted:

It's pretty easy to hit good breakpoints with 90% BE even though 90% is dumb (and it's not even really 90%). This still affects the 40 damage guns the most sadly.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

So what's the consensus new best LMG with the recent damage buffs?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Grinder+Beserker+Max investment Grimm shotguns is some hilarious poo poo. You just never stop regenerating and everything in your sight evaporates :allears:

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

I'm pretty fond of the Brenner-21 set up as a fartgun.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
Looks like they released another bank heist level. At least show some originality for gently caress’s sake, OVERKILL.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Fart Buzzsaw is pretty ridiculous with basic skill investment. Brenner if you're not using suppressors.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

TheObserver posted:

Looks like they released another bank heist level. At least show some originality for gently caress’s sake, OVERKILL.

gently caress you give me more bank heists. I didn't buy the game to rob four piddly little stores!

I bought it to make meth :colbert:

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
For LMGs, get Body Expertise and spray fire, stability doesn't matter in the slightest. You're not meant to hit poo poo with them that's further than about 15m away. In fact, even before they buffed the damage I was using them fine on DW.

Regarding new bank heist: at least they made some effort to make this original in some way, eg the way(s) you enter the bank and the locked-up deposit boxes. It's a fun little heist that isn't too difficult and/or annoying even though it comes with yet another 4-mask achievement. Thought those were long extinct.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Picking up winch parts off the street in full view of a SWAT turret barely 10 metres away can go back to Hell along with whoever put them there.

Also, cops really need to figure out how to enter the back area when the vault isn't right next to the side entrance. That was the most uneventful One Down run.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

chairface posted:

I'm pretty fond of the Brenner-21 set up as a fartgun.
I forget, what makes an LMG a fartgun?

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

A big ole silencer

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

chairface posted:

A big ole silencer
Thats it? I am assuming you then take the skills so it does even more damage and is even more accurate? Heh.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Thats it? I am assuming you then take the skills so it does even more damage and is even more accurate? Heh.

yes. silencer builds that use the skills to make the gun more killy with a silencer than without are collectively called fartgun builds (because the suppressed shots sound like poots)

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Yeah those're the ones. Still way cheaper than a full BE build, with the added caveat that you have to click heads due to not having BE. Still, for an accurate enough weapon of sufficient damage, like a modern LMG, that's fine. Brenner-21 w/o BE but w/ silencer skills, or KSP w/ BE & silencer skills.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Is there a perk deck you guys prefer these these fartgun / LMG builds?

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Discendo Vox posted:

is the pd2 secret thread on private game servers dead? I can't find it.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Not especially but Tag Team seems like it would be the most absurd pairing. Loud LMG + Muscle is a classic piece of panic tech.

clockworkjoe posted:

is the pd2 secret thread on private game servers dead? I can't find it.
It exists but it's pretty dead - hasn't been posted in since September 2016. Vox keeps his theories to a channel in the Discord server and on the Steam forums.

Evil Eyes. Evil Eyes Everywhere.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

these days? Sociopath. With a fork. :getin:

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Reminder that the painting in Rats 1 was thought to be secret related as well as the flashing lights on Firestarter Day 1.

I had a theory about the "twinkling stars" on Firestarter Day 2. In the upstairs office area glass ceiling.

There was that weird Firestarter "theory" about standing on the FBI shields and some guy caused a cloud of smoke or something also.

Whatever the secret turns out being I do hope it comes full circle though and is connected to those little drawings that they released. Those were neat.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

swims posted:

Reminder that the painting in Rats 1 was thought to be secret related as well as the flashing lights on Firestarter Day 1.

I had a theory about the "twinkling stars" on Firestarter Day 2. In the upstairs office area glass ceiling.

There was that weird Firestarter "theory" about standing on the FBI shields and some guy caused a cloud of smoke or something also.

Whatever the secret turns out being I do hope it comes full circle though and is connected to those little drawings that they released. Those were neat.

Funny you should mention- the painting from Rats day 1 makes a major appearance in the reservoir dogs heist, and my garbage who is Pepe Silvia theory about the Constellation Perseus, and the star, Algol, has been basically entirely confirmed.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
You never did make that new secret thread OP like I wanted you to. :argh:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

John Murdoch posted:

You never did make that new secret thread OP like I wanted you to. :argh:

Ugh, at this point I'm monitoring 8 separate secret searcher discourses, please don't make me start another one. Just, folks, ask me if you want to know horrible garbage ARG stuff.

Also ask me about Death Vox, which is loving real and happening. I'm recoding enemy resistances this evening.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Discendo Vox posted:

Ugh, at this point I'm monitoring 8 separate secret searcher discourses, please don't make me start another one. Just, folks, ask me if you want to know horrible garbage ARG stuff.

Also ask me about Death Vox, which is loving real and happening. I'm recoding enemy resistances this evening.

Are we at least getting the gasser enemy.

If so, how will it function.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

EorayMel posted:

Are we at least getting the gasser enemy.

If so, how will it function.

You will! The Grenadier comes to us courtesy of the much more ambitious Restoration Mod, aka "let's completely rework every single aspect of every element of the game, the mod". They finagled a custom model for him, even. The restoration devs have collectively built out about 90% of the practices and tools that we're using to make the mod. Crackdown (I'm not nearly egotistical to call it death vox now that it's happening) difficulty will be launched as an optional mode in a future build of Restoration Mod, as well as a standalone One Down replacement.

Basic elements of the Grenadier:
1. About the same health and gunfire damage as the taser on Crackdown . This is substantially less health and damage than One Down.
2. Gas does no damage, but blocks armor regeneration while you're in it.
3. The Grenadier has custom voicelines, taken from the payday 1 bulldozer. we're likely to add changes to his targeting behavior for gas, his visuals, and potentially his audio, because right now it's hard to identify the unit at most ranges- it's got a very dark texture.

Other units being added to Crackdown:
  • Units not present on One Down are being re-added: shotgun SWAT (two kinds), and the saiga and LMG dozers.
  • Units removed in housewarming- HRTs and FBI veterans will spawn in between assault waves to try to rescue civilians.
  • We're adding the medicdozer from Crime Spree, and we're adding "assault snipers" that will attack from the ground too.
Almost all enemies are getting edited or completely new zeal textures, and a bunch of them are getting new behaviors- as well as everyone getting revised squad tactics, spawngroups, health, and damage.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Dec 23, 2017

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

What new horrors have crossed into our plane from the Elemental Plane of Cop?

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
I’m playing the 7.01 release right now, and it’s pretty spiffy. Assault waves take longer to start (which I like), and the first time I fired a [strike]silenced[/strike] suppressed weapon at a guard and alerted his mates nearby (because a gunshot is still pretty loud, yo) was a surprise and a half.

In other words, get the Restoration Mod. I’m starting from scratch at level 0 to get the full experience, and it’s fun.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:moonrio:
Here’s something that’s kinda small.
But with it you will we have a ball.
It’ll make a real loud bang.
Greetings from the PAYDAY gang.

:moonrio:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Woo, dodge build grenade launcher!

...is what I would say if I still rocked a dodge build, which I probably won't ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Grenade launcher is pretty fun but the irons are weird. Off set to the left and it looks like you're carrying a swedish K in first person view.

Also: The grenades don't go very far. About 15 meters before they drop if you plainly hipfire them. You'll need to get closer to aim up like a mortar cannon.

Feels smooth though. and I think the pickup rate is slightly better than average launchers?