Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
John Carpenter's The Thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tezcatlipoca posted:

John Carpenter's The Thing

How the gently caress was no one on this already

Jesus Christ we are all the worst

Just utter disgraces gently caress us all

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Speaking of live action American adaptations of manga, I really want a Biomega movie. Tom Cruise could play the lead in that one too

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Hirohiko Araki's X-Men.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Random Comic Movie Tidbits:

- Kevin Feige says that there will be a team up between Iron Man and Doctor Strange in Infinity War and it will continue in movies afterwards. He hinted that they respect each other, but also kind of hate each other for having similar personalities and the magic / tech divide.

(This is my personal speculation, but it looks like they are phasing out the original Avengers solo movies and having them do team-ups and cameos in new character movies.)

- New Wonder Woman trailer today. Gal Gadot posted a teaser on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/GalGadot/status/793845879140552707

- The Flash movie is having a big shakeup.

The character of Iris West (Kiersey Clemons) was cast by former director Rick Famuyiwa. She was a major character but has been reduced to a cameo.

Principal filming is going to be pushed back to Fall 2017 and probably a delay in the release date.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

- The Flash movie is having a big shakeup.

The character of Iris West (Kiersey Clemons) was cast by former director Rick Famuyiwa. She was a major character but has been reduced to a cameo.

Principal filming is going to be pushed back to Fall 2017 and probably a delay in the release date.

Well gently caress that movie then.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

- Kevin Feige says that there will be a team up between Iron Man and Doctor Strange in Infinity War and it will continue in movies afterwards. He hinted that they respect each other, but also kind of hate each other for having similar personalities and the magic / tech divide.

Oh poo poo, they're assembling the Awesome Facial Hair Bros

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I just learned, by way of reading up on his baseball career, that Macho Man Randy Savage's first wrestling character was "The Spider, similar to Spider-Man". Pretty cool that decades later he would be wrestling against Spider-Man.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

God. drat. :allears:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Dexo posted:

Well gently caress that movie then.

Isn't the cameo in Justice League, instead of Flash?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

(This is my personal speculation, but it looks like they are phasing out the original Avengers solo movies and having them do team-ups and cameos in new character movies.)

It's more that everyone's contracts are coming up. RDJ is already on single-movie agreements for absurd amounts of money (I think he got something like $40 million plus revenue participation on Civil War), Evans' contract is almost done and he's made it clear he won't extend it, Johansson's deal has to be up soon, and so on.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think Evans got back on board with being open to future movies when Perlmutter was shown the door.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Timby posted:

Evans' contract is almost done and he's made it clear he won't extend it

He's apparently backed off this.

edit: well, beaten

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

greatn posted:

I think Evans got back on board with being open to future movies when Perlmutter was shown the door.

I thought he got back on board after his directorial debut turned out to be a big fat turd

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q8fG0TtVAY

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

It looks so good :allears:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Yeah, holy poo poo. Watched it a few more times to digest it better. My expectations are so high right now.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

2 and a half minutes of :getin:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It kinda fell flat for me. It looks interesting, but didn't quite get me excited. Interesting that they felt it necessary to include multiple shots of her deflecting bullets. It looks nicely shot, but I feel like it perhaps suffers being compared to something Snyder has composed.

I thought it's funny that they're really concerned about mustard gas or something, while every other movie is dealing with planetary conquest. It seems kinda quaint in comparison.

The WW leitmotif still rules, though.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Please don't be another bland movie but masked with a fantastic trailer. Hot drat does Wonder Woman look amazing.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Both trailer buttons with Etta Candy were real good, but I love the dainty fisticuffs stance she does so much.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It seems like an odd choice to have the first Wonder Woman movie be about her discovering the wider world and then losing faith in it because of WWI

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

well why not posted:

I thought it's funny that they're really concerned about mustard gas or something, while every other movie is dealing with planetary conquest. It seems kinda quaint in comparison.

Well, it's mustard gas that breaks down gas masks, which is pretty horrifying.

Also I'm glad they took a step back from all this "end the world" poo poo. Saving a couple thousand guys from choking on their own lung chunks is cool and good.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

It looks so good :allears:

I liked Man of Steel and didn't care for BvS. I'm super excited for this, though!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Also I'm glad they took a step back from all this "end the world" poo poo. Saving a couple thousand guys from choking on their own lung chunks is cool and good.

Yeah, I think it's safe to say there won't be a giant blue laser shooting up into the sky during the final action set piece.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

teagone posted:

Yeah, I think it's safe to say there won't be a giant blue laser shooting up into the sky during the final action set piece.

I don't know, at the end of the trailer she's floating above a giant piece of rubble and absorbs a blue looking light with her bracers.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
So, uh... aside from the Amazons themselves, where are the mythological elements?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

MacheteZombie posted:

I don't know, at the end of the trailer she's floating above a giant piece of rubble and absorbs a blue looking light with her bracers.

There's also that bit earlier with a big tower thing exploding in a blue shockwave.

I'm guessing we're going to get the Hydra style "They're actually double super Nazis Germans with super-science!"

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Cythereal posted:

There's also that bit earlier with a big tower thing exploding in a blue shockwave.

I'm guessing we're going to get the Hydra style "They're actually double super Nazis Germans with super-science!"

I'm leaning more that Ares or the other Gods are behind it, but that might be the same thing to most people.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 204 days!

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Mustard gas is pretty drat scary, so it's kind of cool to take a break and realize that humans can be so comically evil that Darkseid would be like "with dudes slow down."

I'd actually like to see a movie about all the horrid poo poo we have the technology to do to each other but don't, actually. Then again, it would probably be taken as inspiration and then Putin would be torturing Chechnyians with microwave pain guns or something.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

There's some blatant greenscreening (especially the beach scene) but I want to believe. I still believe.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Hodgepodge posted:

Mustard gas is pretty drat scary, so it's kind of cool to take a break and realize that humans can be so comically evil that Darkseid would be like "with dudes slow down."

I'd actually like to see a movie about all the horrid poo poo we have the technology to do to each other but don't, actually. Then again, it would probably be taken as inspiration and then Putin would be torturing Chechnyians with microwave pain guns or something.
He already is.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Hodgepodge posted:

Black Mirror has some episodes right up your alley.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

He already is.

and this is true.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Drifter posted:

What's teh manga ending? Spoil it, please.

I also liked the ending to the movie. Hell, the whole movie was pretty fantastic.

Basically, after they kill the big alien thing, everything just loops back again, but... not fixed like in the movie. Keiji and Rita kinda go "wait wtf" for a minute, but then it turns out that to end the time loop, one of them can't survive, and the other has to personally kill them. So Keiji fights Rita to the death, wins, and then goes through the rest of his life basically incredibly traumatized and unable to function, but with a reputation as one of the greatest soldiers of all time, "Killer Cage."

Yeah, it's a lot loving darker than what EoT went with.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Etta Candy's fisticuffs line was delivered like a line from Moss from the I.T. Crowd. Movie looks super.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 204 days!

Punkin Spunkin posted:

He already is.

Whelp, that's what I get for underestimating the evilness of Mr. Radioactive Soup.

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man
The first trailer for WW was really good and I liked the moody and stylish feel, but this trailer makes it seem messy or something? The trailer doesn't have that smooth flow and it doesn't hit that "wow"-climax the first did for me. This just has the novelty of more new scenes that mostly make me cringe at the obvious green screens, giant cgi-explosions and some wooden acting by Gadot. And I fear those "comedy" scenes are as tacked on in the film as they are in the trailers. I really want this movie to be a refreshing take on the tired genre but who am I kidding, it's still a big budget superheromovie from WB.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

More bad news from Deadpool 2: Junkie XL won't be scoring the film

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
What a buttnut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

not trolled not crying posted:

The first trailer for WW was really good and I liked the moody and stylish feel, but this trailer makes it seem messy or something? The trailer doesn't have that smooth flow and it doesn't hit that "wow"-climax the first did for me. This just has the novelty of more new scenes that mostly make me cringe at the obvious green screens, giant cgi-explosions and some wooden acting by Gadot. And I fear those "comedy" scenes are as tacked on in the film as they are in the trailers. I really want this movie to be a refreshing take on the tired genre but who am I kidding, it's still a big budget superheromovie from WB.

I'm kind of in this boat, similar to how I was with the first two BvS trailers. The first one sells the mood way better, especially when the score synced up with Wonder Woman deflecting bullets off her shield in No Man's Land :black101:. I did think the shot of Steve Trevor's plane going down matched that tone, but that's right at the outset. I've purposely avoided this thread for a while because superhero stories are just so drat ubiquitous now that I'm burned out. I have unread Batman and Wonder Woman trades on my shelf because I basically want anything but a superhero story nowadays, but I'm definitely going to see this opening weekend.

• Locked thread