Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

i really wish the extended coverage request was automatic, or had some kind of sensible default. i’ve let a bunch of things go undelivered because i can’t be bothered to micromanage my queue of trinkets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

You, too, can live out your dreams of re-creating the Station Nightclub fire.

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.
https://twitter.com/coolstuffcheap/status/1145693588724092928?s=21

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I would definitely not trust wearable compressed gas from aliexpress but I've seen vests like that for snorkeling so that you can surface if you have a dire emergency

*Seeing a barracuda is not an emergency

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

If you get anything that falls in this category, please never use it when scuba diving. It's fine if you're free diving or snorkeling, but you will severely damage your lungs if you ascend too fast while breathing pressurized gas. And even if you exhale you can get an embolism if the change of pressure is big enough.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

yippee cahier posted:

i really wish the extended coverage request was automatic, or had some kind of sensible default. i’ve let a bunch of things go undelivered because i can’t be bothered to micromanage my queue of trinkets.

I just wait for them to close and then I ask for my money back. The way I see it, if the package is taking longer than 90 days or whatever the purchase protection is, then it's probably lost in transit somewhere.

I'm still waiting on 3d printer parts from December last year that haven't shown up yet.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The Bloop posted:

I would definitely not trust wearable compressed gas from aliexpress but I've seen vests like that for snorkeling so that you can surface if you have a dire emergency

*Seeing a barracuda is not an emergency

I assume the vests are designed to get your head or at least your chest above water? This just gets one wrist above water. Depending on your emergency that might not be super helpful? I guess it would make it easier to find your body.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Needs little inflatable veins around your middle finger so your corpse can flip everyone off.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Facebook Aunt posted:

I assume the vests are designed to get your head or at least your chest above water? This just gets one wrist above water. Depending on your emergency that might not be super helpful? I guess it would make it easier to find your body.

The cheap ones don't do that either, but you have to be conscious and mobile enough to activate it in any case

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I was looking for cute backpacks to buy, assuming they would ever show up, and in the reviews?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32833708519.html

Sometimes reviews are great :3

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Ummmm what?

Edit: the cursor isn't there so if it's not clear that is the random search suggestion it gave me

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

norp posted:

Ummmm what?

Edit: the cursor isn't there so if it's not clear that is the random search suggestion it gave me

"random"

I'm disappointed we didn't see any results though.

Has anyone else noticed their things being forwarded from a 3rd party in the US? Like 90% of the time they come direct from China but I've had a few things that have been shipped from China to Chino CA and then to me.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

norp posted:

Ummmm what?

Weird; I legit keep getting penis-shaped lipsticks in mine, too. I have never bought anything resembling either a penis or a lipstick from Ali, so it's confusing.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Lord Stimperor posted:

:stonk:

Yeah, now that you mention it I think I heard their story on the Last Podcast On The Left. Gonna watch some puppies to bleach my eyes in a moment.

In good purchase news, I'm cross-posting myself from the coffee thread. I just received these scales from AliExpress for the travel kit I'm assembling:

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/32991450273.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.57c54c4d3Oe01a

I got the 1kg, .1 precision version. It accurately returned the weight of a couple of coins when I tested, so it seems like a good deal. So get 'em if you wanna weigh coffee, jewelry, or drugs but spend less than :10bux:

Thanks for this.. I've been looking for a scale for Hops for home brewing.. and need decent accuracy in small incriments (less than an ounce) can you change this from grams or will it only do grams?

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
The page says it'll do the following, no idea what a ct is.

quote:

Units: g /oz / tl /gn /ozt /dwt / ct

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Bertha the Toaster posted:

carat

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It'll take a picture of your insides.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I wouldn't be shocked if the thing emitted x rays.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

thanks for reading for me.. I scrolled but didn't se anything obvious in the wall of text the posted for a scale.
I may order beause my bigger kitchen scale is kind of meh when it comes to measuring. granted I'm doing bigger batches so I just eyeball 1/2 of a 1oz bag if I need .5 oz

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Has anyone else noticed their things being forwarded from a 3rd party in the US? Like 90% of the time they come direct from China but I've had a few things that have been shipped from China to Chino CA and then to me.
Yeah, a lot of my stuff is arriving via NJ, CA, or IN these days. I suppose it makes it easier to return (like I'd bother), but it also introduces another step and another opportunity for delay. :(

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Baron von Eevl posted:

Old scales with vacuum fluorescent displays would.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

Speaking of Ali X-rays...

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

:wtc:

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

I really want it, the battery powered 60kv dental handhelds are great field diagnostic tools.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DOES EVERY THREAD HAVE TO REMIND ME OF THE PEANUT BRITTLE STORY?!?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

DOES EVERY THREAD HAVE TO REMIND ME OF THE PEANUT BRITTLE STORY?!?

Is this about haier? Man, I hope he and Chaoshan Girl got together in the end.

JD-Smith
Apr 30, 2009

YOU WILL OBEY.
what up with legs

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

JD-Smith posted:

what up with legs

It's Babayaga fashion.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

JD-Smith posted:

what up with legs

OH poo poo I just noticed

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
i wouldnt trust that digital sensor at $1700 more than the x-ray unit itself, a good one from schick is many thousands of dollars

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Is this about haier? Man, I hope he and Chaoshan Girl got together in the end.

Is he still around? I think of him when I use my air conditioner. Or eat peanut brittle.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

JD-Smith posted:

what up with legs

Go all the way to floor

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Snowy posted:

Is he still around? I think of him when I use my air conditioner. Or eat peanut brittle.

He is not. I think he got permaed or self banned and.. Never came back.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Hmmm... paint it black,, add some lightning bolts on the sides and voila! That slow acting death ray I've always wanted!

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

MrUnderbridge posted:

Hmmm... paint it black,, add some lightning bolts on the sides and voila! That slow acting death ray I've always wanted!

Having the death ray going while I sleep really invigorates me for the day ahead.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I go to bed every night with my vagina steamer, tattoo remover, and dental x-ray all going full blast, wake up REFRESHED!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

LifeSunDeath posted:

I go to bed every night with my vagina steamer, tattoo remover, and dental x-ray all going full blast, wake up REFRESHED!

Don't worry if you wake up vomiting every morning, that's just toxins leaving your body! Frankly I'd be more concerned if you weren't throwing up every morning.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Hey if you know of a faster way to remove hair (and teeth) you should just come out and say it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
AliExpress never ceases to amaze. I ordered a package 10 days ago and went on vacation for 2 weeks. Delivery attempted today :negative:

Meanwhile, I've 5 other items on order each hitting the 90 day mark.