Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

what did cammy get other than worse wake up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

what did cammy get other than worse wake up?

kbrad mentioned her getting "the one buff he wanted" but I don't know the details.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Dias posted:

https://twitter.com/gootecks/status/805144378633162752

Another video. Fireball might change durability according to strength. Stupid Oni fireballs. He kinda hits hard tho, and has access to parry and a stupid cr.MP hitbox right now. First DLC character to be top tier?

OK, at least we still get regular Akuma and not forced to deal with lion mane Akuma.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

General Morden posted:

maybe it's just me but i like it when chars have unique powerful things about them

so maybe buff chars by giving them unique powerful things instead of taking them away from them

air legs could be intercepted with AAs so its not as oppressive as you're making it out to be

I mean everyone likes games with strong poo poo but these changes are mostly based around talking points people use to complain about the game online. I don't think they have too much to do with an overall cohesive vision for the game.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

lmao

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

giogadi posted:

kbrad mentioned her getting "the one buff he wanted" but I don't know the details.

i hope she gets a reason to use her cannon ball other than loving with scrubs who can't handle getting thrown by it cause that move is suicide against someone that knows what's up and i never ever see it in tournaments

i also hope she gets a drat cross up jump cause its dumb as gently caress that she doesn't

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Dec 4, 2016

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Real hurthling! posted:

i hope she gets a reason to use her cannon ball other than loving with scrubs who can't handle getting thrown by it cause that move is suicide against someone that knows what's up and i never ever see it in tournaments

i also hope she gets a drat cross up jump cause its dumb as gently caress that she doesn't

???

j. lk and j. mk can both cross up

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Raging Lion or Angry Flower, you decide

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

why

Zand posted:

I mean everyone likes games with strong poo poo but these changes are mostly based around talking points people use to complain about the game online. I don't think they have too much to do with an overall cohesive vision for the game.

esports.txt

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Satsui No Ears

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I like dumb lion Akuma, I don't give a gently caress. :colbert:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
HD Akuma Render

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Dias posted:

I like dumb lion Akuma, I don't give a gently caress. :colbert:

Same, lion Akuma is great.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

General Morden posted:

j. lk and j. mk can both cross up

whoops. i guess i tried them at bad ranges or something. thanks

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Akuma Mata
It means "his fist in your face"...

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Dec 4, 2016

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

All of Akuma's colors can be found here :

[IMG]

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Akuma Mata
It means "his fist in your face"...

It's the quarter circle forward of liiiiiife...

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Akuma is supposed to be designed as a beast or some poo poo, which is why his nose got wider and his mane grew out.

There was some quote from 2013 color designers i saw on tumblr but didn't save the link.

The idea was something about his darkness or whatever making him less human or some poo poo.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan

Dias posted:

I'm just violently against taking away AA options because this game is already a fuckin' jumpfest. AA jabs are dumb but having no AAs is dumber. Man, why do I care anyway, I haven't touched this game in months and if I ever feel the need to gamble I just play mobage BS. Some people enjoy it and enjoy these changes so more power to y'all.

I could never get any of Alex's other AAs to work at all due to funky hit/hurt boxes, either on them or on opponents chosen jump attacks, I'm never sure.

If I play again, I think it's gonna be all about Akuma.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
Anyone have Birdie changes? I know no one plays him but me but still like some buffs:\

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

Trying to find a second source, but I saw someone tweeting about Ibuki switching to a 2-bar VT, which would be crazy good for her.

https://twitter.com/MrSpab/status/805193779116437504

Edit: More Bison changes that all sound real good. https://twitter.com/discovigilante/status/805191371875184640

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

nice!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
increased walkspeed??????????

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

SectumSempra posted:

Akuma is supposed to be designed as a beast or some poo poo, which is why his nose got wider and his mane grew out.

There was some quote from 2013 color designers i saw on tumblr but didn't save the link.

The idea was something about his darkness or whatever making him less human or some poo poo.

Ok but they kinda shot themselves in the foot by making this a prequel to 3, cause he's just Akuma But Older™ there.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

This will surely placate Jack Trades!

https://twitter.com/WL_ChrisKing/status/805196121207291904

Oh, and Alex can get meaningful damage of c.LK now

https://twitter.com/NinjaNam15/status/805190740556951552

cams
Mar 28, 2003

CaptCommy posted:

Oh, and Alex can get meaningful damage of c.LK now

https://twitter.com/NinjaNam15/status/805190740556951552
god drat. definitely spending a lot of time with alex when these come around. haven't learned anyone but laura, fang, or necalli for a while, look forward to figuring new stuff out again.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Punishable target combo?
It already was lol. It was punishable but if someone mashed early or in-between, it just turned into a Crush Counter DF HP.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
There's something about this Akuma design that bothers me, but I just can't put my finger on it

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

I indeed don't hate this.

Getting CC juggles from his only good anti-air button is reasonably good. Especially considering that Vega has good juggle follow-ups with any amount of bars available.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

A.o.D. posted:

There's something about this Akuma design that bothers me, but I just can't put my finger on it

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

sun goku satsu

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

A.o.D. posted:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
someone photoshop akuma head as the teletubbies sun bg

meat on a Friday
Dec 9, 2010

ROFL Octopus posted:

Ok but they kinda shot themselves in the foot by making this a prequel to 3, cause he's just Akuma But Older™ there.

The whole lion mane thing is a phase Akuma is going through.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

I indeed don't hate this.

Getting CC juggles from his only good anti-air button is reasonably good. Especially considering that Vega has good juggle follow-ups with any amount of bars available.

Still doesn't change his abject helplessness on wakeup, or his complete inability to keep rushdown characters out.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

meat on a Friday posted:

The whole lion mane thing is a phase Akuma is going through.

i mane akuma

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

A.o.D. posted:

Still doesn't change his abject helplessness on wakeup, or his complete inability to keep rushdown characters out.

He's still a loving terrible garbage character in SFV that will most likely always be the salt in my SFV wound.

It's just that the buff they gave him is nice, even though it probably won't do anything about him being trash.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/FightingGameGif/status/805204139785486336

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Someone tell me how to feel about those changes tia

like pissing into the ocean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
No meterless reversals is really dumb.

There should be MORE meterless reversals.