Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Avalerion posted:

I think you can't automate something like that, to have a proper endgame that won't grow stale you need to periodically release new content like a mmo.

Give the community dungeon-building tools and let them design rifts. The ones that have the highest rating/clear% get promoted. SMM but Diablo :devil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Is it just my age showing, or has every Diablo game failed to emulate the ambiance of the first one? Duriel was a shadow of the Butcher moment the first time you hit that in D1, and then D3 doesn't really even bother with trying to "scare" you. Between the music and level design there was an element of suspense in almost every step in the first game, especially early on, and it would be interesting to see that tried again.
D1 relied heavily on ambiance/suspense and each of the later titles shifted more and more into "action".

There were a bunch of D1 players that hated D2 for being too fast/actiony/"easy" and not d1 enough.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Feb 19, 2020

Dr. Krieger
Apr 9, 2010

Coolspaz posted:

What class/spec has the biggest numbers. I like barb and WD but I'm looking for a class/spec in season 20 that will have slow but stupidly high numbers rather than zillions of pretty high numbers

Uli monk fits the bill, tag all the demons with exploding palm and then pop them with seven sides strike for big numbers

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Khorne posted:

I think I skipped last season. I haven't opened bnet launcher since the blitzchung garabage. Debating playing d3 this season and maybe some scr.

You already gave them your money. Playing or not playing literally does not affect blizzard in any way other than, oh boy, the number of active D3 players has increased by 1, which is totally meaningless.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

What's the easiest non-barb class to get to GR 70 in HC for next season? I finally got to 70 with a WW barb this season and those Primal drops feel good, wanna unlock that with a different class.

Please use s20's gift options to inform this choice.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I'd pick monk if I were you (I don't play HC, so grain off salt to be takenl. The gift sets aren't great this season IMO. Normally I'd say DH but they get their cheat death very late. However, leveling a monk usually feels bad.

Edit: turns out monk gets his at 58. :v: I don't like Crusader but the hammer set isn't awful and they get cheat death at 25. I'd pick that or WD even though the spider set is pretty meh.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Feb 20, 2020

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Any impressions yet on who other than the necro will benefit from next seasons theme (use cube powers in any slot)?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Witch doctors have all their build-defining powers as affixes on their very excellent hats. Having Carnevil, Mask of Jeram and Tasker & Theo all active while still Zuni6 should be fun

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I've thought about all the possible wizard permutations and the only difference I can think of right now is that every build will find some way to incorporate Explosive Blast + Orb of Infinite Depth.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I bought D3 for my Switch and uninstalled Battle.Net from my PC and probably won’t ever buy another Blizzard game until Diablo 4.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Shrecknet posted:

What's the easiest non-barb class to get to GR 70 in HC for next season? I finally got to 70 with a WW barb this season and those Primal drops feel good, wanna unlock that with a different class.

Please use s20's gift options to inform this choice.

Sader and monk are pretty easy to get to 70. The other class sets can get there too, but look more gear dependent (wiz) or might be a little spooky for HC (Necro).

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Ok monk it is since i already gave a passel of Primal STR gear

mewse
May 2, 2006

Monk with the season bonus will be cool because you'll be able to add in-geom to basically any build without nerfing dmg too much

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Any idea when the next season officially begins? I see March 20th thrown around. I'm really annoyed cause I got the itch to play again, but I don't want to do anything with like a week left before it ends.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

mewse posted:

Monk with the season bonus will be cool because you'll be able to add in-geom to basically any build without nerfing dmg too much

Oh, yeah, that's actually a good idea, In-geom would greatly benefit so many classes with their movement abilities.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I think I'll do WD next season since their new set may be the least broken sounding. But maybe they'll still do some more changes before live.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Quick questions about Kanai's Cube.

I've cubed a decent amount of legendaries, and I've finished the entire season, so I'm thinking about whether it's useful to keep cubing things for the future.

1) Do the things I cube in seasonal proceed to the regular, non-seasonal game (which I've never played having started at Season 19's start) when the season is over?

2) When Season 20 starts, do I start with all of my cubed skills waiting for me when I begin, or do I have to do the whole hunting and cubing process again?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

Quick questions about Kanai's Cube.

I've cubed a decent amount of legendaries, and I've finished the entire season, so I'm thinking about whether it's useful to keep cubing things for the future.

1) Do the things I cube in seasonal proceed to the regular, non-seasonal game (which I've never played having started at Season 19's start) when the season is over?

2) When Season 20 starts, do I start with all of my cubed skills waiting for me when I begin, or do I have to do the whole hunting and cubing process again?

1) yes

2) no, you have to hunt them down again

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Harrumph harrumph harrumph. Alright, I'll start doing bounties to round out the season so I can have as many objects cubed as I can in hope of eventually finishing all the PS4 achievements. Thanks!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

Harrumph harrumph harrumph. Alright, I'll start doing bounties to round out the season so I can have as many objects cubed as I can in hope of eventually finishing all the PS4 achievements. Thanks!

Is the PS4 achievement just Cube X Items? Because if it is, Cubing 40 Items is a permanent part of the Season Journey, so you'll be doing it every Season. If it's burning you out right now, wait for S20 to start. The Season Journey doesn't care if you Cube something you already have Cubed in non-Season, just that you Cube things, and I'd imagine (and hope) the PS4 Achievement is the same way...

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

If you unlock primals with one character, is it unlocked across all similar (in season/hc) characters? I had a primal ring drop on my hc seasonal monk whose only done GR50 when my hc seasonal barb is on gr80

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
once you unlock primals they'll drop for anybody whatever torment/gr level, except that you unlock hc and sc primals separately (which means you get two guaranteed primal drops per season)

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Rinkles posted:

once you unlock primals they'll drop for anybody whatever torment/gr level, except that you unlock hc and sc primals separately (which means you get two guaranteed primal drops per season)

It isn't just hc/sc as the dividers, but also season/non-seasonal as well.

Just to make sure the new guys are on the same page as everyone else.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

If you unlock primals in season, do you keep them unlocked for non seasonal when the season ends?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I will finally make a Zuni wd that is actually viable this season hell yeah thank you cube

Does the 6pc Zuni set bonus apply to mimics from that one mask?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Shrecknet posted:

If you unlock primals in season, do you keep them unlocked for non seasonal when the season ends?

No, gotta run a 70 in non-seasonal first.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Thats fine my barb effortlessly pushes 85 I should be able to knock out a 70 easily

Pre-update fpr 3/1: well i ripped on a shrine champion...

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Ah the joys of hardcore

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Suburban Dad posted:

I think I'll do WD next season since their new set may be the least broken sounding. But maybe they'll still do some more changes before live.

The new WD set looks cool, I think it will be very good for speed clears since it does so much passive damage.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

The new WD set looks cool, I think it will be very good for speed clears since it does so much passive damage.

Probably why I like the sound of it. Pushing GRs isn't my jam.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008
I haven't done either in the last seasons, and now I'm thinking either Tempest Rush Monk or LoD necro.

I guess Tempest Set Monk would be faster way to get clearing high GRs, but the potential of LoD necro sounds great. The LoD part just takes a whole lot of time to get online.

I guess Tempest Rush Monk first and LoD necro for leaderboards after?

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

DeadlyHalibut posted:

I haven't done either in the last seasons, and now I'm thinking either Tempest Rush Monk or LoD necro.

I guess Tempest Set Monk would be faster way to get clearing high GRs, but the potential of LoD necro sounds great. The LoD part just takes a whole lot of time to get online.

I guess Tempest Rush Monk first and LoD necro for leaderboards after?

You ever play LOD necro? It’s super powerful but the play style is probably the worst spec/class in d3 so I’d heartily recommend against it.

Also the leaderboard will be tough because people will definitely play it a lot with gear that has been enchanted with 4 man pushing gems

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

LoD Nova Necro is pretty good, not particularly reliant on cooldowns or finicky like Corpse Lance. You probably won't get crazy high solo GR clears unless you run into an ultra dense dream rift, but it's fun to fart out a couple novas and clear an entire floor.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Bust Rodd posted:

I bought D3 for my Switch and uninstalled Battle.Net from my PC and probably won’t ever buy another Blizzard game until Diablo 4.

Nice! I will play with you. Need more D3 switch goons.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Vomik posted:

You ever play LOD necro? It’s super powerful but the play style is probably the worst spec/class in d3 so I’d heartily recommend against it.

Also the leaderboard will be tough because people will definitely play it a lot with gear that has been enchanted with 4 man pushing gems

I just played rathma and trang'ouls necro, two very different play styles. Especially the trang'oul was just cooldowns + lance spam + hope to stay alive.

Is LoD different?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
i am enjoying d3 again, but i am playing solo, how do i get into the exclusive lljk?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

funmanguy posted:

i am enjoying d3 again, but i am playing solo, how do i get into the exclusive lljk?

For PC-NA, do a community search for LLJK and then join the community. This late into the season you will be playing by yourself still, but while in the exclusive LLJK.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Dameius posted:

For PC-NA, do a community search for LLJK and then join the community. This late into the season you will be playing by yourself still, but while in the exclusive LLJK.

Is there an PC-EU community that would be up for season 20?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I can never remember if PC-EU has an actual LLJK community or not, but there is a community under some name that the EU goons use. Hopefully one of them comes along and confirms it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Dameius posted:

I have been pending approval for a while.

man i die a lot in grifts.

funmanguy fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Feb 21, 2020