Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

See, I thought they had been a bit anti-Trump six months ago or whenever, but that Mormons had fallen pretty much into lockstep due to something. Republican tribalism? I have been set straight.

There's a much higher support of Johnson and especially McMullin in Utah than in other red states.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Young Freud posted:

Trump paid for Bill's accusers to attend the debate.

Again, more evidence of Trump's projection.

He really went all in with that, and it got swatted down so quickly

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Night10194 posted:

His complete inability to actually apologize for anything means he never stops bleeding once he gets a real gash like this.

Yeah, his "but ISIS is worse!" excuse-making was probably his second-worst moment of the night. (After "I will jail my political opponent", of course.)

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

See, I thought they had been a bit anti-Trump six months ago or whenever, but that Mormons had fallen pretty much into lockstep due to something. Republican tribalism? I have been set straight.

I think all the lovely Mormons stay in Utah, because all the ones I know who live in the PNW or Montana or such think Trump is a massive piece of poo poo and are in the tank for Hilldawg.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Yvonmukluk posted:

It's hilarious Trump tried to turn the debate into an episode of Jerry Springer, who is another celebrity more fit for the Ocal Office than Trump. Actually that would be a fun game - name a celebrity who'd make a better POTUS candidate than the one the GOP nominated.

Sadly Jerry Springer, while a middling politician of some small ability and popularity, can never be President on account of his crippling Englishness. No immigrants in the big chair. Of course he made it as far as Mayor and Trump will only make it as far as failure, so Jerry still wins that one.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Mister Adequate posted:

I think all the lovely Mormons stay in Utah, because all the ones I know who live in the PNW or Montana or such think Trump is a massive piece of poo poo and are in the tank for Hilldawg.

Utah Mormons are fleeing him in droves.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I'm terrified that this isn't her saying "My father is despicable, and I hate him," but rather, "Yup, it's okay that my father did that."

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

iospace posted:

As said already, 538, Upshot, and PEC all use polls. If you want news based predictions, PredictWise is what you want.

Yes I know that. What I'm wondering is what polls they use to update anything. They just updated and it actually even dipped slightly. (Arizonas is only on 48.6% now) What polls are they using which would lower the chance? The LA times one is literally the only one I can think of.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Yes I know that. What I'm wondering is what polls they use to update anything. They just updated and it actually even dipped slightly. (Arizonas is only on 48.6% now) What polls are they using which would lower the chance? The LA times one is literally the only one I can think of.

It's the LA Times and the 'only' +2 Morning Consult poll from October 5th. 538 uses national polls to come up with a trendline for the various states that don't get much polling.

E: Also it just jumped up due to the Rasmussen poll and Surveymonkey.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Night10194 posted:

It's the LA Times and the 'only' +2 Morning Consult poll from October 5th. 538 uses national polls to come up with a trendline for the various states that don't get much polling.

E: Also it just jumped up due to the Rasmussen poll and Surveymonkey.

http://media.wix.com/ugd/3bebb2_7af2e664bfad4690bfb4a994b0f0836c.pdf

Arizona was polled by Emerson (not a great firm)

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I haven't really had any direct disagreements with Mormon Jesus since SCOTUS made gay marriage real.

Jul 11, 2003

by astral

cant cook creole bream posted:

You actually want

https://electionbettingodds.com/

It takes the 2 largest betting markets. It will react quicker than anything to news and events.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I'm guessing (hoping?) that this is more a cry for help than an "awesome, my dad thinks I'm a piece of meat!"

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

lozzle posted:

It actually is though. It's just also a religion when it comes to certain aspects. (the "invisible hand", the Austrian school in its entirety, etc.)

It's a social science, like psychology or sociology :colbert:

the Austrians would be the phrenologists in this example.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Des Moines Register has Trump +4 in Iowa.

The sample is from 10/3 to 10/6 though. So, all of it before the tape and debate.

Very disappointed in you Iowa.

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

lozzle posted:

There is some merit to this thinking but at the same time John Kerry got sunk by swiftboaters precisely because he felt no need to address it.

Fortunately for Hillary most Americans are already predisposed to think of most of Donald's attacks as preposterous (including, somewhat unfortunately, the idea that Bill Clinton is a rapist).

Kerry lost because he's an uncharismatic golem that was running entirely on his opponent's faults. Like Mittens. He was lucky to get as close as he did.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Waiting for Bernie or Busters to jump into the Trump camp now that he's promised to prosecute Hillary.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
If it doesn't have testable hypothesis it ain't a science you nerds.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
KEN BONE WEIGHS IN

https://twitter.com/hunterschwarz/status/785488481988534276

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/mj_lee/status/785488561990668288

Ken :shobon:

omg i didn't see the tweets in the post above

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...I think Ken Bone's fuckin' dumb

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Between this and the earlier anecdote about why he was in the sweater, Ken Bone really is the perfect representation of the average undecided voter.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Spiritus Nox posted:

I thought his sweater was very smart.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Hoooooow can anyone still be undecided between those two? This man even met and spoke with both of them, a luxury few voters have, and can't make a loving decision.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Waiting for Bernie or Busters to jump into the Trump camp now that he's promised to prosecute Hillary.

I'm convinced that literally no Bernie or Buster will be bothered to vote.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

In Game Change III: Change Harder, the role of Ken Bone will be played by Kevin James.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Spiritus Nox posted:

An undecided voter after pussy grabbing.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/costareports/status/785486969597939712

Lol the cowards of Republican Party

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Ken was one of the people she went out of her way to personalize her response for, IIRC.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I think Hillary should bring Bernie to the next debate and the first time Trump brings up that Bernie got screwed she should just turn, ask Bernie who he will be voting for, have Bernie stand up and frantically point at Hillary, then stand back as Trump takes the bait and attacks Bernie.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

In Game Change III: Change Harder, the role of Ken Bone will be played by Kevin James.

Game Change III is legitimately my most anticipated work of anything, well, ever.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Ken Bone is very smart about one thing and one thing only: his '74 Mazda RX4 http://www.speedhunters.com/2016/01/mazda-rx4-the-beauty-of-rotary/

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

His question was definitely one of Hillary's better answers. I don't know if he, as Hillary assumed, is heavily involved with or particularly knowledgeable about the energy industry, but Trump's answer was one of his worst of the night to anyone with even a cursory understanding of the issue.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Nice avatar!

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Mormons have been alienated by Trump ever since he shat on the Syrian refugees and proposed the Muslim ban, since they're mostly decent people who relate to religious persecution. Whether that translates into Utah turning blue/yellow/muffin we'll have to wait and see.

I hope Mormons just go the way of Ken Jennings and just become full on Democrats. Especially now that THE GAYS in no longer an issue.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

who the hell did you piss off for that red text?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Let them tie that albatross around their necks even tighter. Their opportunistic cowardice will end them when he completely flames out.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

new NBC/WSJ poll coming out in an hour

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

That isn't what you said until you edited it.

Look, we all know you hate Hillary you don't have to keep beating a dead horse. You clearly think you know more about this than her team of advisers and that's whatever, but like you're posting like some idiot on a sports message board that questions literally every call a coach makes -- which I guess makes a lot of sense.

Her running a bad campaign doesn't really have anything to do with my personal feelings about her. I still want her to win and bring alot of down ballot dems with her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoSimpleABeginning
Mar 6, 2010

From so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
The Great Twist

The Deseret News, owned by the Mormon Church, called for Trump's resignation over the weekend. This is the first time in 80 years they have effectively endorsed a candidate in a Presidential Election.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865664336/In-our-opinion-Donald-Trump-should-resign-his-candidacy.html?pg=all

• Locked thread