Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Also, reguarding Paul in the latest episode of Him And Her: Holy hell didn't see that one coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

SeanBeansShako posted:

Also, reguarding Paul in the latest episode of Him And Her: Holy hell didn't see that one coming.

That was a fantastic episode all around. The Paul thing was so WTF but makes perfect sense. Really well done.

Junkenstein fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Dec 17, 2012

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back

The pHo posted:

Loved the Venetian Snares reference on Peep Show. Didn't love the 'sub Aphex Twin' comparison though :D

Just spotified that poo poo and "sub-Aphex Twin" is charitable. My favourite music reference this series was the one that implied a member of Mumford and Sons had sucked Hans or Jeremy off (did I imagine that?)

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The music references are always the best in Peep Show.

Like Jeremy thinking about how all good music was made on drugs.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
This thread's knowledge of Scottish comedies enabled me to beat the Draughtsmen on the Only Connect connecting wall, thanks guys. :scotland:

Zarkov Cortez
Aug 18, 2007

Alas, our kitten class attack ships were no match for their mighty chairs
Catching up on the new Idiot Abroad episodes. Karl dancing is always the highlight for me.

Howards Bellend
Aug 25, 2007

Junkenstein posted:

That was a fantastic episode all around. The Paul thing was so WTF but makes perfect sense. Really well done.

I'm going to dance on your grave!

A great episode. Do we know if it will be back?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Al2001 posted:

Just spotified that poo poo and "sub-Aphex Twin" is charitable. My favourite music reference this series was the one that implied a member of Mumford and Sons had sucked Hans or Jeremy off (did I imagine that?)

That whole bit where they were playing the game was amazing.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
Goodbye, series 3 of Limmy's Show. You were good.

Also, Channel 4 pulled the last episode of Full English because it's poo poo or something.

lets go swimming fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Dec 18, 2012

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? :)
Monday's I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue has "this program has been edited since broadcast" put on it on iPlayer. What horrible thing could one of those silly people have said? :ohdear:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Ive blasted through 2 series of Limmys show because of people talking about it in this thread. I loving love Falconhoof

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Noreaus posted:

Monday's I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue has "this program has been edited since broadcast" put on it on iPlayer. What horrible thing could one of those silly people have said? :ohdear:

Jeremy Hardy's singing?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Noreaus posted:

Hmmm, there was a joke about rifles I think. Maybe that?

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

quote:

Out-take 3:09'36
During the one song to the tune of another round:
LITTLETON: You used to be a wrestler didn't you?
SAVILLE: I still am.
LITTLETON: Are you?
SAVILLE: I'm feared in every girls' school in the country.
(Audience laugh)
LITTLETON: Yeah, I've heard about that.
SAVILLE: What have you heard?
LITTLETON: I've...
CRYER: Something about a oval office with a rancid, pus-filled cock.
(Huge audience laugh; Awkward pause)
SAVILLE: I advise you to wash your mouth out, my friend...
CRYER: That's what she had to do! (Audience laughs)
BROOKE-TAYLOR: Weren't you leaving money in phone boxes or something?
(Saville glares at him) Or have I got completely the wrong end of the...
SAVILLE: (To Littleton, heavily) The question you asked was about wrestling.

This is how rumors are started...

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Sion posted:

That was attributed to..Paul Merton (?) on HIGNFY too.

le chat
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

VogeGandire posted:

The music references are always the best in Peep Show.

Nah, it's really awkward and cringy

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Rondette posted:

That was attributed to..Paul Merton (?) on HIGNFY too.
Yeah, that's how I've seen it before too. It's fake but I wonder who wrote it and if they knew anything

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Sion posted:

I can't imagine Barry Cryer saying oval office. They just don't really go together.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS

Paperhouse posted:

Yeah, that's how I've seen it before too. It's fake but I wonder who wrote it and if they knew anything

Didn't it originate from SOTCAA. I've heard Saville paedo references in a lot of comedy over the years, it did seem to be common knowledge that he was up to something sinister :(

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Catch Brian Cox and his Addicted To Pleasure series before it vanishes from iPlayer.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Just so everyone's clear, I made that Saville/Littleton/Cryer thing up. It was a reply to the 'what could they have possibly said' comment.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Sion posted:

Just so everyone's clear, I made that Saville/Littleton/Cryer thing up. It was a reply to the 'what could they have possibly said' comment.

No smoke without fire!

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

BizarroAzrael posted:

No smoke without fire!

Seems like they knew. Or at least someone on the Sorry I Haven't a Clue production team knew and leaked this out there!

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
A man on a Jamie Oliver programme just smeared a steak all over a toilet and public urinal, irradiated it, and ate it despite part of it having a pube on it. He described it as 'gritty'. What in the gently caress am I watching. :barf:

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

A man on a Jamie Oliver programme just smeared a steak all over a toilet and public urinal, irradiated it, and ate it despite part of it having a pube on it. He described it as 'gritty'. What in the gently caress am I watching. :barf:

Ewww. Why don't you turn over and watch BBC4s' The Dark Ages: An Age of Light instead. A nice man working out of his garage just showed the presenter how to make a beautiful silver brooch representative of the period in question, and now we're onto the Irish monks at Lindesfarne.

It's all very calm and informative and there's no pubes in sight!

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

Serves you right for watching one of that mockney oval office's programmes.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Irisi posted:

Ewww. Why don't you turn over and watch BBC4s' The Dark Ages: An Age of Light instead. A nice man working out of his garage just showed the presenter how to make a beautiful silver brooch representative of the period in question, and now we're onto the Irish monks at Lindesfarne.

It's all very calm and informative and there's no pubes in sight!
I haven't seen the episode yet, but I have to admit, this series is making me just as happy as I am when the Great British Bake Off is on.

jfjnpxmy
Feb 23, 2011

by Lowtax
My name is John, and I have a problem - for years now I have both consumed and greatly enjoyed Strictly Come Dancing.

Jamie Oliver can gently caress right off, though. Patronising fat-tongued fucker. STIR THESE LAVVLY VEGGIES, USIN YER SPOON, KUSHTY BANG TIDY.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My mum likes Jamie Oliver, she asked for one of his cookbooks. Being a good son who is terrible at buying presents, I bought it for her and will probably even put up with watching Strictly on Christmas day.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I love Jamie Oliver as a Chef. His books are great, his shows are great, and good on him for trying to actually do something about Children's health. As a person my affection is less so, but the fact his school campaign is met with derision rather than support says it all really.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, his heart is in the right place, and his food is genuinely good, but he's also one of those people that I'd never tire of punching.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
He loving loves his olive oil though. If you watched his 30 minute meals show, literally every meal contains about 10 gallons of the stuff.

zonar
Jan 4, 2012

That was a BAD business decision!
I think some of the posters from this thread have captured .gifs from British television shows before, and was wondering if some of them could give me a pointer as to what program they use to cover that? Was wondering if I could capture a gif of Ian Hislop's "Gangnam Style" from last week's HIGNFY :allears:

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

The Jez life coaching plot from Peep Show is ruining my life - someone was drunkenly opening up to me about some issues they had at a party last night and on more than one occasion all I could do was imagine being Jez and going "so, how has that affected you...sexually?"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Allan Assiduity posted:

I think some of the posters from this thread have captured .gifs from British television shows before, and was wondering if some of them could give me a pointer as to what program they use to cover that? Was wondering if I could capture a gif of Ian Hislop's "Gangnam Style" from last week's HIGNFY :allears:

Any more than this one: http://25.media.tumblr.com/7550d98ce05132bad4727d78863f8a72/tumblr_mf2aki9wdz1rq5bx3o1_400.gif?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I love Only Connect but it makes me feel about as smart as a table.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
I can't watch Only Connect ever since someone (in this thread?) pointed out that the lack of studio audience gives it a sinister, post-apocalyptic, "we are locked in an abandoned warehouse"-esque atmosphere.

Also I don't really like Victoria Coren. THAT'S RIGHT I SAID IT

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

fuf posted:

I can't watch Only Connect ever since someone (in this thread?) pointed out that the lack of studio audience gives it a sinister, post-apocalyptic, "we are locked in an abandoned warehouse"-esque atmosphere.

DO NOT THINK ABOUT THE EVENT.

I watch it specifically because of the oppressive, post-criss atmosphere.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

"The Unbearable Lightness of Being" starring Daniel Day Lewis is on iPlayer at the moment and is worth watching if you have read the book. It preserves Kundera's style pretty well in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
My favorite Only Connect moment was when the host read out a letter complaining that numbering the questions with Greek letters was 'pretentious'. It was at this point she revealed their new set of Egyptian hieroglyphs.