Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Discendo Vox posted:

Aside from getting a damage and accuracy refit (once we get it working, it's not hooking in right at the moment), shields are unchanged. There are still several systems-level issues that we need to sort out, and we're getting new enemy textures for everyone but the Grenadier and Taser in the first launch version. A lot of work to be done, although the end is in sight!
Gotchya. Sounds exciting either way. I will have to re-figure out how to mod my Payday 2 again so I can sign up for the fun pain.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Gotchya. Sounds exciting either way. I will have to re-figure out how to mod my Payday 2 again so I can sign up for the fun pain.

there's a "mods" folder in the game directory, it's literally a case of drag/drop then enable it in the in-game mod menu. I recently reinstalled too and had to look it up because the last time I'd played was 2015

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

VOX I FOUND THE SECRET

Hexenritter posted:

there's a "mods" folder in the game directory, it's literally a case of drag/drop then enable it in the in-game mod menu. I recently reinstalled too and had to look it up because the last time I'd played was 2015
Oh, I thought there was all sorts of "BLT Hooks" and other shenanigans that you had to do...woops.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

You still need to install BLT if a mod requires it.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Oh, I thought there was all sorts of "BLT Hooks" and other shenanigans that you had to do...woops.

There are, um, two BLT hooks and a separate toolkit called Beardlib needed to run Crackdown. We've obsoleted Wilko's hook with the new "SuperBLT", we think, but we're still trying to remove dependencies on Beardlib.

Also for some reason the github we're currently using is mangling files somehow, they're working on it.

Hey, don't look at me, I'm the Idea Guy.

I'm also the Art Direction Guy. The Zeal units were all made by interns with, apparently, little to no guidance, so they are infamously, spectacularly unpleasant to work with.

For example, here's the texture for a light zeal head:

Generally, a major index of texture quality is how efficient they are with space. Not only is there a ton of wasted, stretched space on that texture, it's a separate texture for the head. All but one of the Zeal enemies do that for some reason- the Zeal Dozers even separately crib their head textures by reading the entire normal dozer texture in addition to their own.

For another great example, check out the model used by Zeal Dozers (perhaps the most difficult unit of all to work with):

A healthy boy. Don't worry though, I have a clear artistic vision for him:

In all seriousness, the people doing work on the zeal unit assets are like war veterans at this point. It's incredible how much they've put up with; can you imagine taking direction from me? I can, it's agonizing.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jan 23, 2018

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I have decided to get back into Payday 2 because new content means new stoves to touch. I'm depressed that Jules continues to not understand why people don't use certain weapon types, though.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Kith posted:

I have decided to get back into Payday 2 because new content means new stoves to touch. I'm depressed that Jules continues to not understand why people don't use certain weapon types, though.

Me, wondering why people use guns that aren't shotguns:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Last time I played I'd pretty much settled into Mosconiland with the short shottie (and silencer) as my secondary.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Hexenritter posted:

Last time I played I'd pretty much settled into Mosconiland with the short shottie (and silencer) as my secondary.

I too have found the joys of going to mosconi island :clint:

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

The best gun is the minigun. It should be usable akimbo style.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

FAUXTON posted:

Me, wondering why people use guns that aren't shotguns:

Shotguns make the game feel non-challenging to me, which is why I stopped using them. I mean, yeah, they're cop slaughter machines, but I honestly got tired of killing four to six guys per shot because it feels like a crutch. After switching to the Commando, I found that I kinda like having to aim. I just wish that AP Slugs were worth a poo poo so I could have shotguns and aiming, but unfortunately Jules doesn't understand that AP Slugs will never ever be worth it unless they give a damage bonus comparable to the ones that DMR kits give Assault Rifles.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Kith posted:

Shotguns make the game feel non-challenging to me, which is why I stopped using them. I mean, yeah, they're cop slaughter machines, but I honestly got tired of killing four to six guys per shot because it feels like a crutch. After switching to the Commando, I found that I kinda like having to aim. I just wish that AP Slugs were worth a poo poo so I could have shotguns and aiming, but unfortunately Jules doesn't understand that AP Slugs will never ever be worth it unless they give a damage bonus comparable to the ones that DMR kits give Assault Rifles.

God, this game's player-side weapon design has been so royally screwed over...

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Kith posted:

I don't know why you would want something buffed to the level of DMRs since Jules just demonstrated that he'd rather completely destroy those than make the other assault rifles worth using.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

But merc! Don't you know about our lord and savior, a bunch of awful skills that don't help remotely?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Kith posted:

I guess I just see a worthwhile challenge in stopping as many cops as possible in the time I have with the shotguns the good lord gave me.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Try turning off your hit indicators and/or reticules, I remember doing that for awhile to make the game seem more challenging. Stolen from Plan Z just like all my good ideas.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Shoot 15 hostages and then see how easy it is knowing you will never leave custody if you die

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

FAUXTON posted:

Shoot 15 hostages and then see how easy it is knowing you will never leave custody if you die

Have you done a greedy all-in akimbo shotguns build? Its super fun and if you grab the right health regen/first aid kit/ammo gathering/cloaker + taser neutralization perks you will have zero team presence aside from murdering everything, but you don’t need a team nothing can kill you (except very annoyingly placed snipers that need an accurate secondary)

E:chairface had some build that gets below 25 concealment for crits as well, i dont have the mods for that yet because coin poor :(

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Fellis posted:

coin poor :(

AFAIK there are mods for this.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Fellis posted:

Have you done a greedy all-in akimbo shotguns build? Its super fun and if you grab the right health regen/first aid kit/ammo gathering/cloaker + taser neutralization perks you will have zero team presence aside from murdering everything, but you don’t need a team nothing can kill you (except very annoyingly placed snipers that need an accurate secondary)

E:chairface had some build that gets below 25 concealment for crits as well, i dont have the mods for that yet because coin poor :(

I don't react fast enough or place myself well enough to run anything other than an ICTV build because I need the time to reload in the middle of the street, realize I'm being shot, finish reloading, neutralize the threat, and then waddle for cover to regen my armor. I have a lot of perk decks to fill out so right now I'm using an old fatman build with anarchist and it serves me well enough. I'm sure there's room for improvement but dodge builds and fast-mover type stuff never did click.

All I wanna do is stand ✋ in the door 🏦🚪, slaying cops ☠️👮👮‍♂️👮‍♀️☠️ by the precinct ☠️☠️☠️🏛️☠️☠️☠️, laughing 😂 ☺️🤣 at their puny bullets 🔫😫 while I slam shell 🐚 after shell 🔫😂 through their fragile pig 🐖🐷🐽 bodies.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

FAUXTON posted:

I don't react fast enough or place myself well enough to run anything other than an ICTV build because I need the time to reload in the middle of the street, realize I'm being shot, finish reloading, neutralize the threat, and then waddle for cover to regen my armor. I have a lot of perk decks to fill out so right now I'm using an old fatman build with anarchist and it serves me well enough. I'm sure there's room for improvement but dodge builds and fast-mover type stuff never did click.

All I wanna do is stand ✋ in the door 🏦🚪, slaying cops ☠️👮👮‍♂️👮‍♀️☠️ by the precinct ☠️☠️☠️🏛️☠️☠️☠️, laughing 😂 ☺️🤣 at their puny bullets 🔫😫 while I slam shell 🐚 after shell 🔫😂 through their fragile pig 🐖🐷🐽 bodies.

If you plan to be killing everything anyway, I've been running shotguns on an lbv with bullseye. Doesn't matter how much armor you've got, they can never fully take it down if you just regen it with the next headshot.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hot Take: Hitman is a good Perk Deck with Akimbo Brothers Grimm and Bullseye Aced.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

I feel you, that’s why my version of the build is Akimbo with ICTV :getin:

Akimbo isn’t just for dodge builds anymore!!! (Unless you want crit)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Fellis posted:

I feel you, that’s why my version of the build is Akimbo with ICTV :getin:

Akimbo isn’t just for dodge builds anymore!!! (Unless you want crit)
Are there any guns worth using Akimbo anymore?

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Someone tell me a good shotgun build

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Put points into the shotgun tree. Equip shotgun of choice. Done.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

UnknownMercenary posted:

Put points into the shotgun tree. Equip shotgun of choice. Done.

I like running Loco/Breaker12g. The Breaker's mostly style but really you don't need much more than Shotgun tree, a Loco, and burning desire to bathe in the blood of your enemies.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Are there any guns worth using Akimbo anymore?

~ E v e r y t h i n g ~ I s ~ V i a b l e ~

Gort posted:

If you do a dodge build with a cut-off mosconi, it’s almost like you are playing doom

E: there’s even a marine mask from gungeon now! Is there a green/blue armor skin?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Gort posted:

http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mACDfr:eaCDfgIJL:gJl:fMOPr:ibcdea:::a3

Equip an AA12 or an Izhma on full auto. Spray bullets, profit. Secondary can be a GL or an HE Shotty.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mACDfr:eaCDfgIJL:gJl:fMOPr:ibcdea:::a3

Equip an AA12 or an Izhma on full auto. Spray bullets, profit. Secondary can be a GL or an HE Shotty.

Seems odd to not take Shotgun Impact. What perk tree would you couple this with?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Gort posted:

Seems odd to not take Shotgun Impact. What perk tree would you couple this with?
Oh poo poo I forgot that part - Anarchist. Between the damage boost from Overkill and Berserker you dont need impact. You have extra points floating around with that build so you could easily take it if you want more damage.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

UnknownMercenary posted:

I don't know why you would want something buffed to the level of DMRs since Jules just demonstrated that he'd rather completely destroy those than make the other assault rifles worth using.

I haven't really kept up with anything that's been happening because I haven't been playing so I'm not sure what you mean about DMRs. The only thing I've heard about/read about was the Specialized Killing nerf (which hosed up my build a little bit but i just switched to extra magazine size courtesy of the Enforcer tree, so not a big deal).

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

That build worked really well, thanks Muenster.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Gort posted:

That build worked really well, thanks Muenster.
Awesome, you're welcome! I know most of what I know thanks to Father Chairface and his infinite cop clicking wisdom.

One thing I love about that baseline that I linked is that it is really versatile, you can go low detection Izhma and Judge (without silncers or the related skills) to shoehorn crits and some dodge in by dropping the armor skills and switching from LBV to Suit. Or you can add Jokers. And there is some other BS I have pulled off with it that I cant remember right now.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jan 23, 2018

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Also worth noting it's not just possible to get the grimms down under 25 conceal; it's possible to get them under 5 for basic sneaky bastard/low blow usage. It means using a 5/7 secondary and having silencer conceal skills but you're already in the relevant trees anyway. If I was gonna rate guns right now with the current meta:

1. Akimbo Grimms, silenced if desired/necessary for build, or with duckbills. The damage is the only real drawback but with 000 and a full auto mod and overkill and potentially silencer/crits it isn't much of a drawback. It also hardly matters if a given cop takes a followup shot when you're just autofiring buckshot at entire groups. Steakout/Izhma are still options in a similar role that offer beefier damage in return for a less intense cyclone of lead and still wind up comparable.
2. Brenner-21. Hits like a freight train, reasonable accuracy/stab/pickup/etc. The LMG damage buff really makes the Brenner a top tier gun, especially with its adequacy in every other area.
3. KSP. It's like a Brenner, but slightly worse and with better pickup and more ammo.

If you haven't tried autoshotguns and/or LMGs lately do so.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I kinda feel like Fully Loaded Aced is required for a full flak Grimm build and I still love me some dodge/crit/Frenzy/Berserker full auto Izhma action, which definitely does not require any ammo assistance what-so-ever (I really like having Inspire and its hard to have both Inspire and Fully Loaded).

edit: Also the Grimm full auto lead vomit build is hilarious with an HBV, the Hitman perk deck, and the Akimbo skills that increase the ammo capacity and stability.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jan 23, 2018

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Kith posted:

I haven't really kept up with anything that's been happening because I haven't been playing so I'm not sure what you mean about DMRs.
No matter what, guns using a DMR kit will only ever pick up exactly 1 ammo. This wouldn't be so bad if you didn't absolutely need Berserker to one-shot a heavy on Mayhem, there were any truth to the idea that one ammo box dropped is one ammo box picked up and specials didn't exist.

quote:

The only thing I've heard about/read about was the Specialized Killing nerf (which hosed up my build a little bit but i just switched to extra magazine size courtesy of the Enforcer tree, so not a big deal).
That skill hasn't been removed from the game just yet.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

maswastaken posted:

No matter what, guns using a DMR kit will only ever pick up exactly 1 ammo. This wouldn't be so bad if you didn't absolutely need Berserker to one-shot a heavy on Mayhem, there were any truth to the idea that one ammo box dropped is one ammo box picked up and specials didn't exist.
That skill hasn't been removed from the game just yet.

DMRs are pretty bad now, and they already had to contend with "The Lil Friend Exists" as an argument against em. It's real hard for DMRs not to come up short against a DMR-with-a-grenade-launcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I use grindzerker grimm akimbos every now and then with every maxed revenant skill.

Come at me :colbert: