Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I've used it for 4 man voice chat for start of season before. There's only like one channel that isn't PW protected for some reason but nobody else ever seems to use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

I want to add build links to the discord, may need help with classes other than DH and monk

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
i got the rainbow dagger and hamburger in whimsydale yesterday. I didn't even know there was a rainbow goblin.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Season begins same time as POE, nice.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23319442/season-20-begins-313-2-28-2020

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

funmanguy posted:

i got the rainbow dagger and hamburger in whimsydale yesterday. I didn't even know there was a rainbow goblin.

I absolutely cannot find the rainbow goblin and Evil Ollie never drops the burger :kratos:

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
the burger only drops from the diablo pinatas hanging on trees

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

One day I will get Cosmic Wings and be free from goblin hunting. :smith:

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Do you have your rainbow portrait? You'll never be free.

From farming, not goblins.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dameius posted:

Do you have your rainbow portrait? You'll never be free.

From farming, not goblins.

Yeah, I have the portrait and all the weapons. It's just the wings which elude me, which I'd trade every other rainbow-related thing for in a heartbeat.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, I have the portrait and all the weapons. It's just the wings which elude me, which I'd trade every other rainbow-related thing for in a heartbeat.

Same.

I pretty much only log on now to run my Rainbow Goblin route using my Angry Chicken WD in search of those damned wings.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

WarMECH posted:

Same.

I pretty much only log on now to run my Rainbow Goblin route using my Angry Chicken WD in search of those damned wings.

I wish I could make myself farm for rainbow goblins more often/for longer periods of time. It just gets so dull and monotonous in a way that even grift runs don't. :negative:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

"Infernal Machines and Organs are now subject to vacuum pick-up"

but not death's breath? :(

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Why are they starting at the same time as Poe

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Ehud posted:

Yeah it's really dumb, like, little by little they add these QoL features, but ffs just add them all in one go. I guess this way they can spread this poo poo out over time and have people praise them every time a new patch comes out.

Also those Seasonal Conquests suck rear end, not sure I'm going to even bother this time around.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

euphronius posted:

Why are they starting at the same time as Poe
Dev popped on Reddit’s thread about it to explain it was made in advance a bit ago without any knowledge of PoE.just good timing I guess.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

tetsuo posted:

Dev popped on Reddit’s thread about it to explain it was made in advance a bit ago without any knowledge of PoE.just good timing I guess.

Ah yes, the classic "bubble" problem. Man, Diablo 4 is hosed.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I love reading patch notes and seeing things like using "reign" instead of "rein."

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Ehud posted:

Or Gems? Like anything that doesn't take up more inventory space. At least let my chicken grab them.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

I wish I could make myself farm for rainbow goblins more often/for longer periods of time. It just gets so dull and monotonous in a way that even grift runs don't. :negative:

Yeah, I can only farm Reignbaugh Gorblins for like, 30 mins, tops. But I can GRift for hours.

Ehud posted:

Im_Special posted:

Yeah it's really dumb, like, little by little they add these QoL features, but ffs just add them all in one go. I guess this way they can spread this poo poo out over time and have people praise them every time a new patch comes out.

There's really no excuse not to just have anything that isn't gear be auto-looted at this point.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Kheldarn posted:

There's really no excuse not to just have anything that isn't gear be auto-looted at this point.

I guess there's the one time educational value in teaching newcomers about the new resource. With auto pickup they might not notice. But that's hardly an insurmountable problem.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Ah poo poo.

I always enjoy a good smash through the season before PoE starts, push hard and when I RIP I stop playing.

I was kind of looking forward to this season gimmick too.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Im_Special posted:

Also those Seasonal Conquests suck rear end, not sure I'm going to even bother this time around.
There are two freebies (Curses and Divinity). The third either involves making friends to do Boss Mode or making an alt to do Years of War.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Curses is only free if you're a DH or monk and go fishing. But it's better than boss mode.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Years of war is probably the most convenient to do now since nearly every class has 4 sets anyways and most people who play an entire season will eventually gear an alt. Also, with the season buff, you can probably load 3 damage items in kanais cube and just smash through gr 55.

Boss Mode is probably the quickest if you really need 3 conquests right now

Edit: meant 5. Nearly all classes have 5 sets now, sorry

Guilty fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Feb 29, 2020

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
All classes have at least four sets.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Im_Special posted:

Ah yes, the classic "bubble" problem. Man, Diablo 4 is hosed.

What?

Thorg
Jan 1, 2007
Thorg hungry! Thorg want eat!

Suburban Dad posted:

Curses is only free if you're a DH or monk and go fishing. But it's better than boss mode.

It's free as a Barb too. Whirlwind and Leapquake can both solo Cursed Peat pretty easily.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
Free for wizard and nec too

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music

Where developers for a game don’t pay attention to and/or learn from any other game in their genre and end up loving themselves because of release conflicts (like with this season and POE. Most people like POE more so this season is pretty much DOA as all the big streamers would be stupid to stream d3 over Poe on season start) and a general failure to learn from and not repeat mistakes (see: wolcen).

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Who gives a poo poo.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Who gives a poo poo.

Everything must be beholden to Sphere Grid Forum Shopping Simulator, don'cha know.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I think this season will be the first season of the double digit seasons ehere I don't end on the leaderboard. Owell.

Also, who cares about streamers and competing against PoE. That seems like a lot of hand wringing over things that don't matter for D3. Specially with where it is in its life cycle and level of dev support.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Rallos posted:

Where developers for a game don’t pay attention to and/or learn from any other game in their genre and end up loving themselves because of release conflicts (like with this season and POE. Most people like POE more so this season is pretty much DOA as all the big streamers would be stupid to stream d3 over Poe on season start) and a general failure to learn from and not repeat mistakes (see: wolcen).

This would be relevant except Diablo 4 is going to completely destroy absolutely everything else when it comes out. Diablo 3 is still one of the top 10 highest selling video games of all time and doesn’t need to compete with anyone lol.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

How do you even "farm" rainbow goblins? Arent they just an ultra rare spawn anywhere a goblin would? I cant remember seeing one except from a Bandit shrine or when there was that double-goblins season

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Shrecknet posted:

How do you even "farm" rainbow goblins? Arent they just an ultra rare spawn anywhere a goblin would? I cant remember seeing one except from a Bandit shrine or when there was that double-goblins season

Yep, that's basically it. You run routes of known goblin-dense areas and hope.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

They’re not that rare. I usually find a rainbow in about three remakes?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

They don't show up in rifts, only during bounties which makes them more rare, on top of them being only a couple in a hundred chance of a given goblin being a rainbow. Ain't got time to farm that. :colbert:

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I've gotten a rainbow portal twice. The exact number of regular goblin portals I've gotten.

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music

Bust Rodd posted:

This would be relevant except Diablo 4 is going to completely destroy absolutely everything else when it comes out. Diablo 3 is still one of the top 10 highest selling video games of all time and doesn’t need to compete with anyone lol.

Wait, what? Have you seen the quality of work blizzard has been putting out the last few years? Add on the very sparse updates we’ve had so far I’m not sure d4 is going to be destroying anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Diablo is so universally beloved that even the people who love PoE and Torchlight and Wolcen the most are all going to buy it day 1 guaranteed